• Published 12th Apr 2014
  • 1,579 Views, 32 Comments

Friendship is Shining: Bridle Rumors - Hopeful_Ink_Hoof



Ponyville acts weird when something visits from The Everfree Forest.

  • ...
0
 32
 1,579

Filly-citement

"Now Twilight," Shining started. The voice that came out was of a higher pitch and tone, and not as scratchy as normal. "I want you to keep calm and not-"

"This is great!" Twilight shouted bouncing up and down.

"...get too excited." Shining rolled his (currently her) eyes and gave his head a shake.

"I always wanted a big sister," Twilight said, shifting excitedly, "and now I do. This is the best thing ever." She stopped head lowering as her ears drooped. "But... that means I no longer have a big brother." She perked back up and grinned. "Hey, maybe there's a spell that will let me create a duplicate to keep being my brother."

"TWILIGHT!" Shining said. "Stop. This is not a permanent thing. So don't get too excited."

"But-"

"No buts."

"Aww." Twilight sat down, pouting.

"Okay," Shining Armor said. "So, is everypony here?"

"Everypony but Applejack," Rainbow Dash said from where she was pressed against the floor. The pegasus's wings stuck out from the mare's barrel. On her back, they looked to be right-side up.

"Ah'm here!" a voice called out, getting the attention of everyone in the room.

Apple Bloom stood at the door. On her back was what looked like Applejack, only she was about three inches in height. She stood there staring at all the others. The entire room had gone quiet as they all stared at the tiny Applejack.

The silence was broken as Spike fell back, laughing out as loud as he could.

"Spike!" Shining snapped.

"I'm sorry," Spike said, still chuckling, "but come on. We have" he pointed.

"Hairity, Rainbow Crash, Spitty Pie, Apple Teeny, Flutterguy, and..." the dragon stopped as he pointed a claw at the female Shining Armor. The look in the stallion turned mare's eyes made Spike think better about finishing the sentence.

"This is serious," Shining said, before taking a deep breath and letting it out.

"Darn right this is serious," Applejack shouted as he jumped onto the table. "That there Zecora placed a curse on us all."

"There's no such things as curse," Shining said. He lifted a book. "Now I think-"

Before he could get into it any further, the others began to shout and argue.

"Twilight," Apple Bloom said as she ran up to the unicorn filly. "This is all my fault."

"What?" Twilight asked. "Why would you say that?"

"I was the one that followed Zecora," Bloom replied, "and this happened because they came after me. We need to get out of here and talk to Zecora."

"Well now's our best chance," Twilight said. "Everypony is so busy arguing that they won't see us leave." Apple Bloom gave a nod and the two of them ran for the door.

"Now where in tarnation do they think they're going?" Applejack asked, before chasing after the pair of fillies.

Shining Armor let out a whistle, getting everyone to stop talking.

"Like I said," Shining repeated, "I don't think this is a curse." He picked up a book nearby and lifted it. "Now I've been looking, and Zecora-"

"Zecora!" Rainbow Dash shouted. "She's the one who did this. I say we go find her and force us to lift this curse." This was met by a round of consent from the others.

"It's not a..." Shining looked at them before letting out a sigh and rolling his eyes. "You know what, you're half-right."

"What?" Spike asked

"What?" Rainbow Dash also asked. "You mean you finally admit that the weird zebra did this to us?"

"No." Shining set the book down. "It's not a curse, but it probably does have something to do with The Everfree Forest. So, since Zecora lives there, she probably knows what did it and possibly how to cure it. That means we go to the Everfree Forest, find Zecora and-"

"Force her to lift the curse," Rainbow Dash shouted.

"Ask her if she knows an antidote," Shining finished, glaring at the pegasus. "Any objections?"

None of the ponies said anything.

"Where's Applejack?" Fluttershy asked. The five ponies and one dragon started looking around the room.

"Maybe somepony stepped on her?" Rarity suggested. All the ponies then began to look at their hooves and the floor.

"Guys," Spike spoke up, "Apple Bloom and Twilight Sparkle are gone as well."

"Well," Shining Armor sighed, "if I know my sister, it looks like we are going to be heading to The Everfree anyways. Come on." Getting up, he headed for the door. Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy were right behind him. Rainbow Dash was trying to come along, but the wings would not take her in the direction she wanted.

"Are you coming Spike?" Rarity asked.

"Nah," Spike replied. "Someone needs to pick up, or stay behind in case something goes wrong."

With that, Rarity left and went to join the others.

Spike watched her go then started to pick up books. One of them got his attention as it was on top of the others. It looked like it was the one that Shining had been holding before he left. Picking it up, Spike read the title: Supernaturals. Looking at it, he saw one of Shining Armor's bookmarks. Curious, he opened to it. The young dragon's eyes went wide at what he read. He then glanced toward the still open door.

"What are you up to?"