• Published 12th Apr 2014
  • 1,579 Views, 32 Comments

Friendship is Shining: Bridle Rumors - Hopeful_Ink_Hoof



Ponyville acts weird when something visits from The Everfree Forest.

  • ...
0
 32
 1,579

Tracker Bloom

Earlier that day:

Apple Bloom ran back and forth along the road between Sweet Apple Acres and town. After having finished the morning chores around the farm, the filly was going with Applejack to town to pick up some things that Granny Smith wanted. Apple Bloom, being an energetic filly, felt like she could run all the way to Ponyville and would have if she was on her own. Unfortunately, Applejack was not willing to move at such a quick pace. So instead of just keeping up with her sister, the filly would run ahead along the road before turning around and running back to where Applejack walked.

It was during one of these runs that Apple Bloom stopped. A figure was walking across the field from The Everfree Forest to the road the ponies were currently on. It was shaped like a pony, but Apple Bloom could make out nothing else because it was covered in some sort of fabric.

"Hey, Applejack," the filly called out as she turned toward her big sister. "Who's that?" She pointed at the figure.

Applejack caught up to her sister and looked at the figure. Her eyes went wide as her ears and mouth dropped. The orange earth mare grabbed her little sister and ran. She made her way toward Ponyville as quickly as her powerful legs could carry her.

"Zecora's comin'," Applejack shouted to any pony she came across. "Get y'rself someplace safe. Zecora's comin'."

Everypony that was warned ran and hid. Applejack continued to warn others as she kept going, making her way to Sugarcube Corner.

***

After Shining Armor's arrival:

During the conversation between Shining Armor, Applejack, and the others, Apple Bloom watched Twilight slip out the front. She watched her friend sprint up to Zecora and begin talking to her. More importantly, nothing bad happened to the purple filly. Apple Bloom considered going out to talk to the zebra as well when Shining Armor ran past to get his sister. While the ponies seemed distracted, Zecora turned and started to walk away.

So Apple Bloom would not have the opportunity to talk to Zecora. Although, she could follow after her. The other ponies in Sugarcube Corner came to the door, Apple Bloom slipped out and headed one side to keep out of sight. Slipping through the bushes and keeping toward the sides of the buildings, the young filly did her best to keep from being too noticeable while tracking after the mysterious zebra.

Before long, the two of them had left Ponyville and reached the edge of The Everfree Forest. The sight of it made Apple Bloom hesitate. She had heard stories of how weird it was nearly her entire life, and some of the creatures that came from it had even attacked the farm, which is what happened to...

Apple Bloom gave a hard shake of her head, trying to focus. If she was going to find out about Zecora, then she would need to follow her. Mentally bracing herself, she gave a hop forward and entered The Everfree Forest.

Nothing snatched her up and ate her as soon as she did, so this was already going better than expected. Feeling a bit more confident, she moved through the forest quickly to catch up with the zebra. Fortunately there was what seemed to be a path for her to follow. It started to seem like The Everfree Forest was not as scary as she had heard. There were even some pretty blue flowers.

"Apple Bloom!" Applejack shouted, causing Apple Bloom and Zecora both to stop and look back. Applejack ran forward, her hooves hitting the blue flowers and knocking its pollen into the air. Not far behind her were the others, trying to keep up with the worried orange mare. The six of them stopped as they reached Apple Bloom.

"Beware, beware, you pony folk," Zecora called out. "For the leaves of blue are no joke."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Rainbow Dash called out.

"You keep away from my little sister," Applejack shouted. She grabbed Apple Bloom, pulling her close.

"But Appleja-" Apple Bloom started before her sister cut her off.

"Don't you worry now. I've got you, and she ain't gonna get you without going through me."

"Bu-"

"Now c'mon," Applejack said as she gave her sister a yank. "Let's get out of here and back to the farm." Apple Bloom could only let out a huff as she was dragged back home.