• Published 23rd Apr 2014
  • 1,923 Views, 33 Comments

The Pie Family - Grey Faerie

  • ...
6
 33
 1,923

A Little Fun

Pinkie looked through a catalogue of Nightmare Night costumes. She wondered what she and Discord should go as. The usual couple outfits ranged from corny to sexy to down right tongue in cheek. Pinkie looked out the window and thought about a conversation she had with Flutters the other day.

She could go as Harley Quinn and Discord could be The Joker. She had thought about going as Batman and Robin but that seemed so cheesy now.

The Autumn air was in full swing. It was still early but most of the leaves had abandoned their green color by now. The wind sent them flying into the street below. Pinkie loved this spot in the wing. It had a great view over the castle walls to the street outside. Ponies walked up and down, greeting each other, buying food and items for Nightmare Night. Canterlot had a much more formal version of the holiday. It was less trick or treating and more big parties with invites.

Only the lower end still participated in the candy hand outs. She wished it had more of that homey feeling she got in Ponyville. The decorations had too much of a matching, organized look to them. It felt distant and intangible. Not like the homemade or cheap store bought ones of a small town.

Pinkie continued to lean on her hoof when a thought came to her. She grinned and ran off back to her bedroom.


Where is it? I know I left it here. Where? She thought as she rummaged through her closet. The Autumn leaves had her reminded of an outfit she made one day for a play by Fluttershy.

Ten minutes later, she had pulled out half her closet. She had paused to hang up a maid outfit by the rack next to the wardrobe.

"Okay…fox suit wins. Seems like the right time to bust it out." She said to herself.

Pinkie strutted in front of the mirror. She looked herself up and down. It still fit great!

"Say hello to this Nightmare Night’s cute little vixen!" She wore an orange fox outfit complete with eared hood and a tail. Only a strand of her bangs hung out of it.

"What is in Equestria is that dress hanging in your closet, Pinkie?" Zabchan asked as she walked in. She had come over to watch Ursa. Pinkie blushed heavily.

"It was a maid dress I asked somepony to make for me for when Discord and I were ready to have sex again!" She giggled madly.

"Ooo, naughty. I bet it'll match his." They both started to laugh. They eventually calmed down and Zab looked closer at Pinkie's outfit, "Aww, I bet Ursa would look so cute in a matching outfit. It'll be her first Nightmare night as a little kit. Too bad she's too young."

"Yeah, come on. Let's go get Discord."

They walked out of her room and toward the playroom. It was across the parlor.

"But still, a maid outfit? Oh la la, I want to see Discord's reaction when he sees you in that."

"Stop it you!" Pinkie's face when red again.

"Oh, you’re going as a fox? That’s pretty cute." Discord said as they entered the room. He sat on the floor with little Ursa. She was happily knocking over a tower of blocks that rebuilt itself.

"Yep!"

"Well, Zabchan, we’re heading off now. It was nice seeing you, and we really hope that Ursa won’t be too much to handle." He walked over to Pinkie.

"Don’t worry, I’ve got it under control. I came prepared!" She joked, remembering the first time she came over to babysit.

"We’ll be back in three days, we hope you enjoy your stay here with the foal."

"It's going to be great. Have fun!"


Pinkie angrily walked down the street of Canterlot. The sight of fancy decorations sickened her. Discord eyed her warily. He could understand her anger. They had gotten tied up by multiple ponies asking about Ursa and royal gossip which ended with them missing their train.

They had gotten a few invites to parties but they were nothing Pinkie and Discord were into. It was all so stuffy and superficial.

"I could just snap us there you know." he suggested.

"No! It's all ruined. The whole evening. I just want to go home and see my foal."

"Pinkie..."

She gave him a sharp glare. He swooped in front of her.

"Would you accompany me on walk through the gardens then? Or maybe we could find a little haunted house?"

"Their kind of haunted house could only scare some pony like Rarity. Let's go home and watch a movie. I want to get this outfit off. It's hot and itchy."

He frowned at her.


There was a knocking on the door. Zab got up from the floor and walked over to the main door.

"Yes? Uh, hey Pinkie!" she had opened the door to see a seething Pinkie and an unhappy Discord, "But I thought..."

"Nevermind, I changed my mind. I can do that you know." She walked past Zab.

"Um, huh?" she asked Discord. He shook his head.

"We missed the train and yes, I could snap us there but, well, I think Pinkie's just scared to go back. It could be the only reason for this."

"Oh, okay. Well, what are you going to do now? You were supposed to be gone for three days."

"I don't know. I might drag her out tomorrow to a beach somewhere. For now, I'm going to make some popcorn. Let's put Ursa to bed and find a good, scary movie." He rubbed his hands together.


The next day Zab played with Ursa. The little filly could already conjure up toys and move them around. She smiled at her. Discord had managed to drag Pinkie to that beach he was talking about the night before. Everything was calm and peaceful in the castle now.

A whiff of air blew by her face as a box flew away. Ursa giggled. Now where did I put that fencing mask? Zab wondered.

Author's Note:

This is a pic from the blog of her outfit.


And you're probably wondering why Pinkie was looking at a catalogue the day of Nightmare Night? Well, with Discord being able to snap anything up, she can afford to wait last minute and have him snap her an outfit.