• Published 23rd Apr 2014
  • 1,916 Views, 33 Comments

The Pie Family - Grey Faerie

  • ...
6
 33
 1,916

A Normal Life

Dear Journal! Ooo, I've still got to name you.

It's been a while now since I've moved in with Discord. It's been a tornado of work! I had to go and get all my stuff from Sugar Cube Corner. The Cakes cried a little. Well, they cried a lot in total. It was like a bit of crying here and there. They were so happy to see my little filly. They were a little upset at the whole thing that happened with the delivery but they were so happy to see me okay and the baby safe and sound.

The twins loved her! They smushed her cheeks and made funny faces for her to laugh at. They were a great help, playing with her while we moved my stuff out. Mr. and Mrs. Cake cried as we did this. And when we said goodbye. I'm going to miss them a lot. We promised to write and they'll going to visit when they can!

I remember seeing Applejack before I left. She was so happy for me too. She wished me luck. I wanted to go see Rarity but, I was too scared. I did see Rainbow Dash. She apologized! It was amazing. She said she had been thinking about the whole thing and felt like a total jerk.

She just didn't know how to feel. She was kind of scared that I had made a big mistake and would screw up my life. I cried as I hugged her. And she cried too! And she held Ursa. Said she thought it was so amazing. Me, a mother, having a little foal like this. I promised to try to write to her as well.

I'm so happy here. I've got my own wing of the castle! Can you believe it? Discord said that since we live in the west wing! It reminds him of Beauty & the Beast, his favorite fairy tale. How cute!

Oh! One last thing before I go, Fluttershy's having triplets. I'm so excited!

Love, Pinkie Pie Princess Pinkie Pie!


Dear, Write Joy (my journal's new name)

I had a bit of an argument with Discord. Well, more like a really sad talk. It went like this.

Discord are you immortal? I asked today.

He turned around and said, Yes.

Woah, that’s so cool! I never thought about it…HEY! Do you think you could make me immortal? That would be awesome! We could be together forever and…!

No! He suddenly yelled.

Why not?

I’m not doing that to you.

But…

We’re not going to discuss this again.

Then he stalked off. I felt myself sink a little. Why…why doesn’t he want me to live forever? Does he not want to be with me forever?

I did get a little bit of a happy surprise. Little Ursa escaped her blankets and flew on my back. She's getting so big already! She was born in September. It's getting late in October now.

Love, Pinkie


I sat with my head on the table. Zabchan had wanted to visit me today. I was happy to be seeing old friends but today I felt as flat as my hair...

"Have you asked Discord more about it? Since he's immortal, has he considered what he’ll do when you eventually die? Do you thing Ursa will be mortal or immortal? Will he outlive his own foal?" Zab asked. They had talked about other topics before she felt brave enough to ask what she really wanted to. Pinkie huffed out a sigh. She pulled some of her hair back from her tea and took a sip.

"That’s why I want to be immortal, so he doesn’t have to go through that. Also, I want to spend an eternity with him because I love him more than anypony else. Also, if we’re lucky, Ursa is immortal, like Discord. He should never see her die." She frowned, shaking her head.

Zab nodded. She looked around the gardens. The colors were changed and the fall plants had settled in. The wind blew chilly at times but the sun was still out and bright.

"So, Ursa can fly already!? Wow!"

"Hehe, like a boss."

"How fast do draconequui foals grow compared to ponies?"

"Well," Pinkie rubbed her chin, "Ursa definitely has more of the pony anatomy, so hopefully she won’t grow too fast. She's already shown so much skill. She's always making me glasses of chocolate milk and offering it to me. I can't say no!" She laughed. "I can try but she gets all sad. Ha! I'm never going to lose the baby weight this way."

"Totally. So, I was wondering, depending on how many ponies know who the real father is. Maybe Discord could disguise himself as a stallion when you go around introducing little Ursa to the ponies of Ponyville or Canterlot. Or when he needs to do things as her father, like take her to school eventually, or the doctors. Just to maybe make life a little easier?" She paused for a moment then added, "You think you’ll be sending Ursa to public school or homeschooling? Or a private Canterlot school?"

"Well, as far as Discord changing himself, that’s not happening. He shouldn’t have to hide himself for any reason. Also, I wish it was easy to choose what type of school, but Ursa needs to meet some friends. She deserves more than I got as a filly. She’ll most likely be going to a school, but whether it’s private or not, me and Discord will have to decide."

Zab nodded her head. They ate some of the sandwiches and refilled their tea cups. Pinkie felt fancy with the castle's dishes. She had run down to the kitchen and asked the cook for the sandwiches. He had wanted her to ask a servant to carry it all out but she declined. She wasn't that much of a Princess! She sipped at her tea. Fluttershy had sent her a satchel of her favorite berry blend.

"You guys gonna name Fluttershy as the godmother?"

"Of course! She’s been there for me for so long, it’d be shameful not to!" Pinkie said. She was so happy to have Fluttershy. She's still living in Ponyville now but makes time to come visit. They write each other just about every day about every thing and plan to give their foals plenty of play dates together.

"You two are gonna spoil that filly rotten with sweets and chaos." Zab laughed.

"Of course we are!"

"Oh, I was just thinking the other day. Ursa will be such a handful with all her powers and what not. So, on the plus side, if you three live in the palace, you can get servants to help with Ursa." Zabchan teased. She liked to mess with 'Princess' Pinkie.

Pinkie gave a face that said 'Ick'. "Thanks, but no thanks. I’d rather raise Ursa with Discord than have some strangers do it." She gave a shutter.

"Ha! Well, you think about it when she's running around turning things to goo and you hadn't sleep in who knows when." She said, "On that note, does Celestia pay Discord? How are you gonna pay for all the things Ursa will need? Or ruins for that matter."

"Well, I can conjure anything at any time. But, maybe Pinkie can get a job in the castle bakery, because Celestia doesn’t pay me. Though, Ursa shouldn’t bring too much financial trouble, right?" Discord had appeared while they were talking.

"Ease dropping on me?" Pinkie flirted.

"Me? No, I'm just passing by with our little one." Ursa popped out on top of his head. Zab squeed at her cuteness.

"Be gone with you. This is a private conversation."

"Fine, fine. I'm going." He leaned down to give her a kiss before walking off. Pinkie waited until he was fully out of sight before sighing. Zab pursed her lips.

"Pinkie, even if you had Discord and Ursa to keep you company. Immortality is a terrible burden. Imagine watching your sisters, and all your friends, and all their children, and all their children’s children die while you never change? Of living so long that you forget their faces and all the good times. To be left only with the faint knowledge that there is something important you've forgotten?" she started, "Perhaps the wiser solution would be to have Discord become mortal somehow. To grow old with you and follow you to the Great Here-After one day. So that neither of you ever take a single day together for granted. Knowing that your time is limited; secure in the knowledge that out of all other beings in Equestria, you have chosen to spend that precious little time with one another."

Pinkie kept shaking her head as Zab spoke. Her eyes watered up. "…that…that’s a chance I’m willing to take…being immortal. I honestly don’t have much left here, and Discord is the only one I want to be with. If Ursa Major wants to be mortal when she gets older, then she can. It’s her choice, and this is mine."


Dear Write Joy,

I don't know if I felt much better after talking with Zab. But I do feel more resolved in my decision. After that day, I went with Ursa to a fair near the castle. The 'psychic' there looked in her magic crystal ball and said she saw me having six kids. Six! She also said she saw them breaking a bunch of stuff. I could only imagine. I know for sure that when we have more of those foals, they won’t be breaking anything. I don’t know if I’ll be allowed to stay here if they do!

I had also realized on my walk around the gardens, that I'm the first of my friends to have foals. It's so weird to think about. I never saw myself as the first one. I was thinking that maybe I could help guide them through the experience, but then again, my pregnancy was far from normal! I think it'll be better just to leave it to Fluttershy.

Love Princess Pinkie


Dear Joy,

OMG! The greatest thing ever! Zab's going to babysit my little foal so me and Dissy can go on a proper date! I'm so excited.

Update:

Can you believe it? She showed up in full body armor and padding like some sports player with a wagon of treats for Ursa! I wonder what was going through her head?

Anyway, me and Dissy are going to have some fun in Ponyville for the weekend. Nightmare Night is coming up soon. We'll also planning to see the Running of the Leaves in November. It's going to be nice seeing everypony again.

Love Pinkie