• Published 6th Apr 2014
  • 7,785 Views, 504 Comments

Magic of Love: A Twidance Prompt Collab - ArguingPizza



The official source for everyone's favorite Princess of Love and Element of Magic shipping

  • ...
35
 504
 7,785

PreviousChapters Next
Cuddles by The Princess Rarity

Twilight let out a soft yawn as the sun’s rays danced across her face in the early morning. She tried to stretch but she found herself restricted ever-so-slightly. She smiled bashfully when the pony lying next to her snored softly and held on a little bit tighter. So that was what happened last night…

“Morning,” Cadence mumbled.

“H-hi,” Twilight stammered. She blushed as she felt Cadence’s cautious yet spine-chilling touch on her body once again. “Um… did you sleep well?”

“Very,” Cadence whispered, as she placed a kiss on Twilight’s cheek.

This was weird. But in a good way. An amazing, beautiful, crazy, serendipitous way. With a little hesitation, Twilight reached up and molded her lips against Cadence’s in a soft kiss.

“Thanks for, um, last night,” she murmured. “It was, uh-” She stuttered. “Wow.”

“Still speechless,” Cadence teased.

“Well, yeah,” Twilight admitted. “It was…”

“Wow,” Cadence said.

Twilight nodded. Last night was a blur. Too many glasses of champagne at the Gala had led to goofing off in the Castle. They had been escorted out for being disruptive, but with a lot of effort to climb up the wall to the ivory tower (Cadence was apparently too lazy to fly, and Twilight couldn’t carry her), the two of them had made it back in. Everything after that was one big blur of feathers, sheets being made into a fort and laughter. Now, the morning after was a silly, wonderful memory.

Twilight hesitated, and gave a small half smile. “You’re not weirded out, are you? You’re newly divorced a-and,” She let out a squeak as she was cut off with a kiss.

Cadence softly laughed. “Twilight Sparkle, stop being a worrywart,” she said. “Last night was, as you so eloquently put it, wow. I loved it. I was finally happy, after so many months of heartbreak, you healed me and I’m delighted because of that.”

“R-really?” Twilight stuttered.

“And truly,” Cadence assured. She placed a kiss on Twilight’s neck. “What were we thinking, building a fort anyway?” She laughed -- that sweet, bell-like laugh nopony could resist.

“I have no idea,” Twilight replied, as a giggle slipped past her lips. She nuzzled into Cadence’s silk-like bubblegum coat, and let out a content sigh. “What time do you think it is?”

“Too early to be alive,” Cadence declared. “So c’mere you.”

Twilight was surprised for a moment, but her smile didn’t wear off in the slightest as her lover’s wings wrapped around her, and kept them tight together in a sweet, innocent embrace. They were absolute messes, looking like anything but princesses, and they were smitten fools… but it was still a good morning.

Author's Note:

A beautiful bit of fluff by Her Fabulous Majesty. As always, comments are appreciated

PreviousChapters Next