• Published 6th Apr 2014
  • 7,774 Views, 504 Comments

Magic of Love: A Twidance Prompt Collab - ArguingPizza



The official source for everyone's favorite Princess of Love and Element of Magic shipping

  • ...
35
 504
 7,774

PreviousChapters Next
Lineage by Magicman7997

“Mommy, mommy, mommy! Can you read us a bed time story? PLEASE?!” The soft pink coated filly bounced up and down on her bed while her brother was just diving head first into his own side. A genuine smile crossed the lavender unicorn's face. She loved her children, more so than just your average parent. Given that both Twilight Sunshine and her brother Shining Shield had a genuine love of books could not have made Twilight Sparkle happier, the fact that they loved hearing her read to them was just icing on the cake.

“Of course dears. What would you like to hear? 'An Abridged Equestrian History' perhaps? Or maybe the fifth journal of Starswirl the Bearded?” Twilight took each book in her magic and levitated them towards herself and the anxious foals. This was her favorite part of the evening here in their home. Well, that might not be entirely true. Her favorite part was when Cady would teleport home from her day in Canterlot and join her for a late evening meal. Most times, the kids were asleep by the time she made it home, but others, like tonight, she'd actually make it home in time to take part in their little ritual. She leaned against the doorway with a soft smile on her face as she watched Twilight get the children all settled in.

“We wanna hear a story about you and Mama Cady!” said Shining. “Tell us about how you and mama found each other!”

“Dears, aren't you a little young for that history?” the elder Twilight said. “What about 'Magical Myths and Stories'? You guys really love that one.”

“Oh I don't know honey,” Cadance smirked. “I'd be interested in hearing that story,” wiggling her eyebrows at her now blushing wife. “Besides, I'm sure they'd be more interested in their own lineage than something that happened hundreds of years ago.”

“Yeah! How did you and Mama Cady meet? Did you rescue her from a fire breathing dragon?” Oops, no offense Uncle Spike,” said Sunshine.

“None taken,” the purple dragon said as he came up the stairs. “I'm finished with the last of the check ins Twilight. I'm headed home for the night. See you guys at the picnic tomorrow?”

“Sure Spike. Give Sweetie Belle and Amethyst a hug from us. We'll be at the park a little after noon tomorrow.”

The purple dragon gave a short bow and took his leave from this scene of domestic bliss. Meanwhile two pairs of young eyes are trained on their mothers awaiting the promised story. The looks of excitement were becoming too much for Twilight to bear. She'd told them this story a hundred times, never once deviating from the narrative. She'd honestly hoped they were growing tired of hearing it. Looks like tonight was going to make it a hundred and one.

The wonder in their eyes was too much to bear. With a heavy sigh she motioned her wife to join her on the edge of the foals' bed. With a swift flick, a wing found its way around both wife and children as Twilight cleared her throat.

“Once upon a time...”

PreviousChapters Next