• Published 6th Apr 2014
  • 7,785 Views, 504 Comments

Magic of Love: A Twidance Prompt Collab - ArguingPizza



The official source for everyone's favorite Princess of Love and Element of Magic shipping

  • ...
35
 504
 7,785

PreviousChapters Next
Online by Piece Bot

by Piece Bot
~~~

Princess Cadance directed the ponies to the correct room and watched them set the device up. She thanked them as they left and then she wrote a letter to her sister. Cadence considered her as a sister before when she was foalsitting her but the word seemed to have much more meaning now. She sent the letter off to Ponyville and then sat on the floor in front of the device. “How does this work?” Cadence forgot to ask the ponies how the computer worked.

A trail of green smoke trailed in through the open window. Twilight Sparkle finished up a new cake recipe that she just thought of and watched the smoke go from the window to her desk. “What's this? A letter from Cadence?” Twilight asked herself. Spike walked down the stairs from a nap just in time to hear Twilight ask about the letter.

“A letter. From Cadence. I'm going to back to bed.” The dragon proclaimed. He didn't want to get involved if it was another cake race. He walked back upstairs and got into bed, ready to read a new issue of the Power Ponies. Twilight just shrugged and read the letter.

“Dear, Twilight.

I've just ordered one of those new computers that everypony's been talking about and I want you to come to the Crystal Empire. It's to help me with figuring out what to do with it.

Signed,

Princess Cadence

P.S. Bring Spike along even if he doesn't want to. I'm sure the three of us will have a good time.”

“Bring Spike? This is going to be tough.” Twilight closed her eyes and breathed in and out. She then magicked the letter to Spike's current open page of the Power Ponies trying to thwart the Mane-iac for the umpteenth time. He quickly scanned the letter and just groaned.
“If this is another cake race in disguise then I'm quitting as your assistant!” Spike shouted as he waved the letter around while walking downstairs.

“I actually have no idea if this is a cake race in disguise. We'll never know if we get there though, will we?” Twilight asked seriously. The only thing that wasn't serious was the joyful smile on her face. Spike flinched and just followed Twilight to the station.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

When the duo got out of the station they were both greeted by a giant hug from a pink princess. Spike struggled to breathe while Twilight laughed.

“Cadance. Too … tight ...” Spike nearly passed out when Cadance stopped hugging the both of them.

“Sorry about that Spike. I'm just excited to see the both of you!” Cadence said delightedly. She grinned like a maniac and walked the both of them to her castle. Spike coughed, groaned and he felt a bit of him die on the inside as he followed the two chatty mares.

“Have you got any new cake ideas?” Cadence asked seriously. Spike looked up and his eyes widened in fear. Twilight shook her head and smiled.

“Not yet but I'm working on one. Anyway, you said something about one of the new computers?” Twilight changed the subject to the letter that Cadence had sent her. Cadence smiled at that and quickly laid out the problem for her.

“You want me to 'hook' the computer up to the internet?” Twilight asked confusedly. Spike just trailed behind and noticed that they were now walking through the castle lobby and into Cadence's 'computer room'. It was a reasonable size. Just enough space for the pony operating the computer to sit down on the floor comfortably. “This is the computer?” Twilight asked curiously. Cadence nodded and watched Twilight try to make sense of what she was seeing.

The computer was a piece of obsidian shined to absolute perfection. Snaking out of the back of it were wires of all sorts of colours and these wires were hooked up to various devices that surrounded the computer. A shiny white board with buttons sat in front of it with what looked like another gem, this time a piece of diamond, but significantly smaller than the obsidian.

Another wire connected it to the back of the screen as well. The other wires were hooked up to speakers that were placed in strategic points around the room. On the floor, next to the table that the gemputer rested on, was a piece of hardware that housed all the magic needed to power up the thing and bring it to life.

Twilight turned towards Cadence. “Have you figured out how to turn this on?” Twilight asked her. Cadence walked to the machine and inserted her horn into the slot. She powered up her horn and the machine buzzed to life. On the right side, the side facing away from the desk, there was a hoof pedal to power it on for non-magic ponies.

The obsidian hummed with power and blared to life. The polished surface turned into a viewing screen and they could see a blue background with a bunch of icons on one side. “Have you tried connecting this wire to the empty slot in the back of the machine on the floor?” Twilight asked Cadence. She was holding a blue cable with a boxed end up in her magic.

“Oh. No.” Cadence said sheepishly and plugged the cable in with her magic. She then moved her hoof around while gripping the piece of diamond. “Ooh look! The arrow is moving where my hoof is going!” Cadence squealed in delight. Spike's interest was piqued and he walked over to the obsidian and stood next to Twilight.

“Now that we're 'hooked' up to the internet, want to try and find some cake recipes?” Cadence asked with an evil glint in her eye. At this, Spike just up and ran out of the room.

“NOOOOOOooooOOoooo!” Spike's yell could be heard echoing as he ran out of the castle.

Author's Note:

Sequel to Piece Bot's previous prompt Cake

PreviousChapters Next