• Published 6th Apr 2014
  • 7,785 Views, 504 Comments

Magic of Love: A Twidance Prompt Collab - ArguingPizza



The official source for everyone's favorite Princess of Love and Element of Magic shipping

  • ...
35
 504
 7,785

PreviousChapters Next
Ice by Bekdontraz

Twilight looked down at the ice fields arrayed around her. Her armor was dented her helm discarded. Her mane whipped in the cold air. Narrowing her eyes she smirked seeing the forces arrayed against her. The Griffon mercenaries and their Diamond Dog allies stood still cowed by the ferocity of Twilight’s last attack.

“Give up little Pony, you don’t need to die here!” A huge Griffon warrior called out from the front ranks.

“Neither do you” Twilight called back to her setting her hooves with a smirk. “This is the sovereign territory of the Crystal Empire. You will withdraw from our lands.” She set a flash of purple arcane fire along the front row of troops scorching their claws. It was nothing but a slap on the wrist, but it was across a thousand wrists. That gave her enemy pause. For the first time in hours she felt almost relieved, her message would be received soon she hoped.

The Griffon commander growled rubbing her talons together. She glanced at her army. Their eyes were on her looking for guidance in the face of a strangely powerful pony.

“Archers! Try and bring her down again. Her shields can’t last forever!” She called out and grinned as the crossbow wielding dogs stepped forward taking aim and loosing another volley against the mare.

Twilight just snorted raising a simple shield and listening to the bolts glancing off. Soon the rain of bolts slacked off and she glanced out watching the Griffon commander step forward again. She let the shield drop and stepped forward herself.

“You aren't making this easy for us you know! I’m probably gonna have to throw you to my boys when we get you down if you keep this up” The griffon called up with a malicious grin. Twilight noted a few of the male griffons making lewd gestures to back up their commanders statements. For a mare her age that was almost a compliment.

“Sorry, happily married for years now. I’ve got a Princess waiting at home for me. What’ve you got? I’d assume he’s blind given your looks” Twilight smirked having long since found the value of trash talking. She silently thanked Dash for that. She was satisfied to see snickers amongst the raiders. “Come on, why not try and rush me again. It worked out well for you last time. You even managed to make me teleport from my spot” In a flash of light she was in the Griffon’s face. She leaned in with a smirk “But I’d look to the sky if I were you”

“Why?” The griffon snarled clawing at the mare who simply vanished reappearing in her tower.

“Eclipses are a once in a lifetime thing.” Twilight calmly called down to her in response. Murmurs rose from the raiders as they looked to see the Sun and Moon coming together in the sky. Soon they met bathing the battlefield in darkness

“LAY DOWN YOUR ARMS AND SURRENDER.” A regal voice boomed through the mountains. A tall white alicorn landed on the ice in front of the army. Steam rose from her hooves as she stepped forward a motherly look of disappointment on her muzzle.

“This is your only option” Her sister said in a much more subdued voice as she landed behind the raiders.

Twilight looked up to see her own demigoddess land daintily next to her. Cadance smiled and wrapped Twilight in a tight hug. She didn’t look a day over 30, Twilight was almost jealous. Neither of them payed attention to the Raiders.

“Twilight, I sent you out here to asses the danger, not stay and hold it off single handed.” Cadance scolded her voice was gentle as she looked at her wife.

“I was holding a rear guard is all” Twilight responded sheepishly. She leaned in to Cadance’s soft coat.

“They were barely anything”

“Twilight, there looks to be a thousand of them…” Cadance deadpanned. She let out a most unroyal sigh “Our granddaughter was born while you were away. You know I don’t want her growing up without meeting you. Please, your not as young as you were, let the next generation take over. Or I’ll force you to retire.”

Twilight just grinned “Cadance, my Princess, my heart, my love” She began to lay it on thick. “I just stared down an army of raiders. Do you really think I wouldn’t sneak off to slay rampaging dragons with Sgt. Hooves? Even if you forced me to give up my titles. I think I’ve got another 30 years in me.”

Cadance sighed and rubbed her temples “That mare is still a bad influence on you. How aunty lets a 90 year old be on active duty I’ll never know”

Twilight just smirked and looked at her “Babe, I’m in my 70s…”

“Quit making me feel old..” Cadance countered with a smirk.

"I'm old, you're vintage." Twilight said with a smirk. Cadance only smirked, her eyes promising some sort of reprisal for that remark.

Author's Note:

A companion piece to Bek's previous prompt Pink

PreviousChapters Next