• Published 28th Mar 2014
  • 538 Views, 10 Comments

The Everchanging Story - Imperium Bedlam



A basic HIE fic that isn't that basic and may be confusing sometimes. Revolves around the main character, Jess, as she tries to make sense of life in Equestria. Also turns out she's now a Gryphon.

  • ...
6
 10
 538

Crazy Old Bat

Jess had to admit that breakfast this morning was delicious, considering she hadn't eaten at all yesterday. She also had to admit that she hated Equestrian showers as the were built for pony's and as luck would have it she wasn't one. Didn't stop her from questioning how the heck an earth pony would take a shower without wings or magic.

She had noticed she really wasn't as used to the body as she should've been. Her movements were slow and clumsy and she had no idea how she was supposed to clean feathers. In the end she just settled for rubbing a talon through them while she brooded on her own thoughts, in just one day her whole life had changed and that fact didn't really catch up to her until now so Jess did as her doctor of some sort, she couldn't remember for some reason, always told her to do and retrace her memories.

'Alright lets see, first I woke up in a field and was apparently a gryphon, then I was attacked by a crazy lady so not much there. Then she gave me a wet letter which caught fire and burned a message into the ground, what did it say again? Something about me being bored so Discord turned me into a bird and stuck me in Equestria, yeah that sounds about right. Wait am I missing something? Think Jess, snap your talons and... dammit I can't remember.'

She was, at this point, soaked from head to tail. Fluttershy had started getting worried with the time it was taking Jess so se calmly walked up to the door and gently knocked it, "Hello um, Jess, you've been in there for quite a while now, are you alright? Would you like some help with something, if you don't mind that is."

After being broken from her thoughts Jess had to strain her ears in order to make sense of the faint mumble that was Fluttershy. 'I guess I do need help, I could probably get her to help with my wings', "Yeah sure Fluttershy, I could really use some help with my wings thanks!" she had shouted in reply if you couldn't guess.

Jess had decided that out of the five or six ponies she'd met, Fluttershy was definitely up there on the cute meter, especially with how she came in meekly, her head peeking around the door with a face as red as the fire that should have destroyed her house. Jess slowly unfolded a wing and watched as Fluttershy carefully put her hooves to Jess' wing, all the while blushing much brighter.


Jess lay on Fluttershy's couch, gasping for air, when a sweet smell got her to her feet and a call of "Lunch is ready" got her to the kitchen. On the table was the juiciest steak Jess had ever seen and Fluttershy was on the other end of the table happily eating a salad. She kept a wary eye on Fluttershy as she calmly took her seat in the most awkward way possible, because chairs aren't made with Gryphons in mind, before happily digging into her meal with a speed that would shock Rainbow Dash due to how slow she was eating.

She used her talon to cut out a bit and take a bite, "Fluttershy, next time tell me about that ort of thing". Jess had said it so quietly that to hear it would require complete and utter silence that was happily provided by the remote cottage.

Fluttershy's face just tuned into a miniature sun while she started fiddling with her lettuce, "Sorry, I thought you would know that would happen being a gryphon and all. I really am truly sorry".

Jess quickly ate the rest of the steak 'Funny, I can't remember the last time I had steak', and with that thought out of the way she stood back up and moved to put her plate in the kitchen sink only to be intercepted by Fluttershy who took it and went to throw it at Jess in a fit of pure hatred... Not really, she just took it with a smile and went to cleaning it up. "That's alright Fluttershy, I guess I just forgot is all. Thankyou for letting me stay over the night, do you mind if I go for a walk?"

Fluttershy just looked at her puzzled while she washed the dishes, "You can go or leave anytime you like Jess and you're always welcome to sleep another night if you don't mind." Then she blushed again and hid it behind her mane, what a weirdo.

Jess smiled to Fluttershy before moving to the front door and shouting back, "Alright then, I'll hold you to that!", before opening the door and stepping out into the wilderness that was the long path to Ponyville. Just as she was out of sight from Fluttershy's home though her face was quickly acquainted with the wilderness that was the long path to Ponyville.

When she turned her head around to look at the mediator between her and the path she certainly wasn't expecting an evil looking bat pony. She was especially not expecting an evil looking bat pony with an 'I Love Luna!' t-shirt on. However she had definitely not been expecting it to have a chicken in it's mouth.

Calmly she stood up, reached behind her, grabbed the bat, placed it in front of herself and then punch it in the face, hard. It responded by rolling around on the ground in pain for a bit before glaring up at her "Ey, wa th eyl o you ink you a doi?". It just stood there for a while and now she thought she could safely assume it was a he, especially after it spat out the chicken.

"I said, what the hell do you think you're doing?!" He was fuming at this point while pointing a hoof to her. Jess just thought it was kind of funny and started to laugh a bit at the display.

"Right now looking at an evil looking fan boy." That just about did it for her as she was now holding onto her chest while she laughed at the confused bat pony.

"I'll have you know I am not a fan boy, just an admirer. And Princess Luna does not take kindly to her subjects being scrutinised!" Jess thought she saw a little steam come from his ears. Right now though it only added to how silly he looked, that was until he stood on his rear hooves with a cocky grin on his face, "We'll see who's left laughing after this!" and he brought his hooves together, hard.

Hard enough that Jess only laughed harder as a bright flash enveloped him and suddenly he was inside a jar of out of date milk. After a good bought of laughing at the unfortunate bat pony who was struggling to get out of the jar she carefully tipped it over so it smashed onto the pavement and freed the very shocked bat.

For some reason the milk disappeared and turned into caramel syrup while the glass turned into a snake made of wood that slithered off into the forest. Jess only stood there confused while the bat stood and looked pissed off. "Goddammit! Of course you would be one of the others! Just my luck!"

Jess just looked at him confused, "What?"

The bat sighed and rolled his eyes, visibly calmer, "Yes well my name is Dane, well it used to be anyway. Now though my name is Eventide Shade and like you I was brought here by Discord."

Jess just laughed at him again, "Eventide Shade? What are you, seven?"

Shade just rolled his eyes again before stomping his hoof, "Shut up and listen bird-brain, since you apparently weren't told yet I'll give you a bit of information. We aren't able to use our powers to directly cause misfortune to another who was brought here."

"Powers? What do you mean by that? Also we need a name or else this will just get annoying and confusing." Jess was apparently very good at asking questions, since around 80% of her conversations this far were questions.

Shad groaned while shaking his head, "Did you even read the message? It told you about how powerful you were as well as how to use it. For example mine said 'Clap your hooves together'."

Jess finally put the pieces together and something clicked in her mind. Slowly but carefully she raised a talon in front of her face and snapped it. For the longest time nothing happened, until she sighed and looked away from her talon to a very confused looking Shade.

"Where the hell did you go? Don't just leave while we're talking that's rude you know!?" he was jumping around and looking everywhere while Jess just smiled wider and clicked her talons again. Suddenly a very surprised looking Pinkie was falling from the sky a few hundred metres up. She was surprised up until she saw Shade and gasped before taking out some flight goggles and a helmet from nowhere and adapting a superman pose, aimed straight at Shade.


Twilight was busy writing her latest report on the fire to Celestia when Rainbow crashed through the window. With a sigh she used magic to fix it, because she can, while walking over to her friend, "The library has a door you know Dash."

Rainbow for her part looked unfazed as she lazily got up and dusted herself off with a wing, "Sorry Twi, just had to tell you something important." Twilight just looked at her expectantly for a few a while before Dash realized she wasn't doing as she said, "Oh yeah! That Gryphon lady, I don't trust her one bit and don't you dare say this is just because of Gilda. For all we know she could be a spy!"

Twilight for her part sighed and started walking back to the newly fixed window, opening it with a hoof to let some fresh air in. "Dash you do this every time somepony new shows up that isn't impressed by you. She hasn't actually seen you do anything yet don't forget, and besides there isn't much spy stuff she could do in a day."

Dash decided at this point to point out everything that could happen, "...she could blow up a building, steal from the mayors office, poison Applejacks farm, eat Fluttershy's animals..." and she kept going for a solid twelve minutes. Twilight would've been impressed if she wasn't so annoyed.

She groaned and turned back around to face her friend before tempting fate, "Dash just give her a chance, I doubt anything bad will happen today anyway Dash. You're just being paranoid" she said as a large pink explosion went off behind her, which, while making her look awesome, also caused her face to drop into one of slight horror as she turned back to the window.

Dash on the other hoof had sparkles in her eyes. "That was AWESOME!"

Author's Note:

Who can guess what happened in the bathroom~?
I have no clue.

Happy April fools, I've made it my life goal to slap someone any time they say 'banana'.
How are you spending your April fools day? Unless you're just cooped up at home, then I dare you to say banana.

Oh and if you're wondering, no this will not be a shipfic in the future. Hopefully.