• Published 28th Mar 2014
  • 3,185 Views, 44 Comments

Taismo: Discovering Equestria - RockStarMLP



A misuse of Chaos Control sends two of Mobius's most recognized heroes to a new world called Equestria. As they find a way home, they explore and enjoy the world of magic and friendship by six new best friends

  • ...
23
 44
 3,185

Chapter 5

Tails and Cosmo landed their feet back onto the ground after their romantic moment in the air. After they each spent over a day in the new world they awoke in, the worries for each other that once burdened their thoughts were swept away. When they looked around themselves, Tails’s Ponyville friends gathered to stand around them, feeling just as joyful for them if not more, but one particular pink pony’s eagerness to celebrate seemed to equal if not exceed.

The couple stood in their spot smiling, the last of their happy tears shedding off of their eyes, and their hands held tightly together, but they were both still worn out from the events back home, and Cosmo proved that by nearly collapsing onto her knees. Tails caught her before she hit the ground, and Applejack jumped in to help her back on her feet.

“Thank you,” Cosmo said. “I guess my body’s still tired from everything. I’m surprised it let me go as far as I’ve come.”

“It’s alright,” Tails said to her. “You’re not the only one.”

“I know,” she said to him, and took a closer look at him. What she had to deal with was just a fraction of what he would normally deal with, which made her say “How did you heal so much already? You wouldn’t be this fine unless we had our friends and resources back home.”

He smiled and replied “I was lucky enough to have met some great new friends,” and the two looked at the ponies that stood together before them. “Here, let me introduce them to you.”

He then started to go in the order they saw them, starting with one of the ponies she had already met-

“This is Applejack, who works on a nearby apple farm and makes great food.”

“Mighty nice to meet ya, Miss Cosmo,” greeted the orange mare. “It’s a pleasure to see you’re alright.”

“Next is Rainbow Dash, a fast flyer and a pony who started a search for you.”

“But you can just think of me as what I am – the fastest and best flyer of Equestria,” boasted the cyan pegasus. Cosmo chuckled at how familiar she sounded compared to another fast friend.

“And this is Rarity, who I’ve come to learn as a great dress maker.”

“A pleasure to meet you, darling,” said the white unicorn. Spike stood next to her and looking up with heart-shaped eyes, showing his crush for her and gaining some attention towards himself, which was stopped thanks to some magical displacement of sorts.

“Now here is a real fun-loving friend I met named-”

The pink mare got right in front of Cosmo to say “PINKIE PIE! I’m soooo happy to meet you! I’ve been waiting so long for this, which was only a day, but after hearing all the things Tails has said about you, I’m still soooo happy! I can’t wait until we hang out and have fun, and hang out to have fun!” The introductions went on to the last two ponies.

“This is Fluttershy, who helps take care of animals, and she’s the one who first found me when I arrived here. Apparently I came crashing down from the sky and she was nearby when it happened. If she didn’t I’d still be in the ground nearby.”

The bright yellow pegasus smiled at the Seedrian and said “Oh, I wouldn’t say I did anything too important. I was just there when it happened, but it’s still very nice to meet you, Cosmo.”

“And last but not least is Twilight Sparkle. When she and her friends found me, she managed to use magic to help heal me, and she’s allowed me to stay here to rest since I was found. From what I learned, she’s an expert with magic and helps anybo- I mean, anypony, who needs help from a friend.”

“And you’re indeed one of them, Tails,” the purple alicorn said. She then turned her attention towards their new friend to say “I’m happy to meet you, Cosmo. From what he’s told us about it you, you’re very special, and it’s glad to see that you’ve made it to Ponyville to find him. How did you ever manage to do that anyway?”

Cosmo smiled happily back and replied “It’s a long story, but I just have to say it’s nice to meet you, all of you, and I don’t know where to start thanking you for helping Tails when he needed it. I’ve met others who acted similar to you, but in this world, I can feel there’s something stronger here, and I’m starting to think it comes from you. Princess Celestia was right for me to come here, because what I needed most was here after all.”

She then gave a bow towards Twilight and said “Thank you so much. It’s a pleasure to meet you, Princess Twilight.”

All the ponies and their resident princess gladly appreciated the thanks their new friend had given them. Tails, on the other hand, stood in his place surprised by what he heard his love just say. Then his mind processed a couple things about Twilight – her taller height, darker coat color, and having a horn and wings, both more abnormal compared to the pegasi and unicorn he already knew – and it began to make some sense.

“Princess Twilight? You’re a princess?” he asked.

“Well, yes, I am, but it’s not that important,” Twilight said.

“Now don’t be so modest about that, Twilight. You really earned being a princess,” Applejack stated.

Pinkie Pie then began to pop up around each pony and non-pony to say “Forget that right now! We have this super-awesome-totally-amazing-wonderful thing going on right here! You know what that means…” She looked around at her friends with a big grin, and they all gave her an agreeing nod. The fox and flower couple weren’t exactly sure what this mean, but their answer came and transitioned quickly into what came next-

TIME TO PARTY!!!!!

/)∞(\

As if by magic, Twilight’s library was decorated with party décor of many balloons, a rainbow of streamers, fallen confetti, a juice bowl and snacks, and a party hat for everyone to wear. The couple couldn’t explain it, but as everyone around them began to act excited and lively, they didn’t care and partook in the fun while a phonograph played some delightful music.

When it came to activities, Pinkie Pie had a piñata for the couple to try to break and various games such ‘pin the tail on the pony,’ along with occasional dancing, but all the attention surrounded Tails and Cosmo most of the time. They all shared conversation amongst each other as they shared memorable tales from romantic moments to true signs of friendship, talking all together later on, but the couple remained physically inseparable the whole time. The party was going late into the night as the fun and enjoyment continued, up until one question in particular was asked.

“And that’s when Princess Celestia told me I was ready to fulfill my destiny, and helped change me into an alicorn and coronated me as a new princess,” Twilight said, concluding a story of more recent history.

Where the ponies enjoyed the fond memories of that event, Tails and Cosmo took it as an incredible fete. “That’s amazing,” Cosmo said. “You must have learned so much to be given such a transformation.”

“Well of course she did. Twilight Sparkle is the most studious pony I’ve ever seen. If there isn’t something she’s learned about or read in a book, she’d go off to do that and still make time for all her friends,” Rarity stated.

“With a little help from Assistant Number One,” Spike added with pride.

Applejack looked over the young dragon to say “And, everypony else who lent a hoof to help.”

“Oh, yeah, sure,” the dragon said, feeling as if he was pushed off his little pedestal.

The whole group couldn’t help but laugh a little, but Tails did as he kneeled down to say “I’m sure she couldn’t do much with you, Spike.”

“So tell us more about all your friends from where you’re from… Mobius, was it?” Rainbow Dash said. An earlier conversation focused on many of the couple’s friends from home and some of their adventures there. “There’s a whole city of Seed people just like Cosmo who are actually from another planet?”

“Yes,” Cosmo replied. “My clan, the Seedrians, created a new place to live when Tails, Sonic and everybody invited us to stay on Mobius. It took a while to create it as you’d see it today, but Synthesis, what my mother named it, have lived there peacefully ever since.”

“That sounds wonderful, but why wouldn’t your family want to go back to their home planet?” Fluttershy asked.

“Oh, oh, was it because even though they’re plant people, they didn’t take care of their gardening and landscaping so much that the vegetation grew crazy and began to overtake the whole planet?” Pinkie guessed.

Cosmo’s face fell as she answered “No. There was a threat against our people, a war that threatened their existence, so most of my clan fled from there, the planet Greengate, to find a new world to call home.”

“Oh my goodness, that sounds awful. I’m so sorry for asking, it was such a terrible question,” Fluttershy said regretfully.

Tails then replied “It’s alright, Fluttershy. Some things that happened have happened without good reason, and there’s nothing to do that can change history from before we were born.”

“Exactly,” agreed Applejack. “The point is that no matter what happens, a family that sticks together, stays together.”

This made Twilight think about that belief, and it was then when she asked questions that would lead up to the one other- “You said that most of your clan left. What magic did they do to leave? And for those who stayed behind, did you ever hear from them again? Did they make it out alright?”

Neither found it easy to answer the latter questions, but Tails tried his best to do so with the first one. “They didn’t use magic to leave Greengate, because where we’re from we have technology and abilities to travel through space without having to rely on magic. For us, we had our flying fortress called the Blue Typhoon. In fact, it’s where Cosmo and I had some of our most memorable moments together.”

“Golly, that’s sure sounds amazin’. Actual spaceships, adventures in the universe, sounds like something right up Rainbow Dash’s alley, right RD?” Applejack said.

Rainbow’s imagination was getting the better of her as she tried to picture this in her mind. Lost in her own world, her eyes were opened wide as she stared into space and said in a high-pitched tone “That sounds… so… Awesome!”

The princess among the group took a closer look at Cosmo than the others, noticing a sight of despair and trouble. She bravely asked again “What about survivors? Were there any to be found or heard from?”

The Seedrian quietly nodded her head up and down, then began to explain. “There were survivors, but they were no longer my people. They became hungry for power and dominance, and turned themselves into an evil mechanical army known as… The Metarex. They spread across our home galaxy conquering planets and stealing their life source, known as planet eggs. Their mission was to eliminate all animal life and replace it with plant life, a twisted testament of what power our people could possess.”

“What?! That sounds crazy, and I know a thing or two about crazy,” Pinkie stated. Somewhere in the group, another pony, or a little dragon, murmured quietly to themselves “Tell me about it,” which caused both a quiet laugh with Rainbow Dash and a glare from Twilight.

Cosmo then decided to put a more positive look onto the topic by adding “But even with their evil ways, if it wasn’t for that I may have not been able to find a world of so many wonderful new friends that I see as my family, and meet the one who takes care of me more than anyone.

"Our first voyage created beautiful memories for Tails and I, from exploring new places to doing nice things for our friends, and every moment we spent, just us together. A party we threw, the Lake of Love, even times with much peril, they all helped lead to what we have now.”

“That’s right,” agreed Tails, and he wrapped his arm around her back. “Nothing has been able to keep us apart forever, and we’ve been fortunate enough to have that continue for so long.”

“And it looks like that same fortune is still with you, since you’ve both found our way to Equestria,” Rarity stated. “But all that ‘space traveling’ in a big, cold ship, and going off to war, I don’t think I could handle it. Oh but I would love to design crew uniforms and interior design for something like that.”

“I don’t think so. Those Metarex things sounds terrifying,” Fluttershy added, her legs shaking in fear and her face looking terrified.

Rainbow then said “I wouldn’t worry about it too much. They’re here now, so they must’ve kicked their flanks down for the count. Besides, they’d be in that other world and not here for us to worry about, and even if they did, I’m sure we could take them down too. But… I really want to know what kind of awesome stuff that happened!”

“Me Too! Like what kind of parties there are in space!?” Pinkie added, and the two ponies looked at the couple excited and eager to learn more about those adventures.

“Or better yet, the best part of it all,” the cyan pegasus stated. It was at this point that in her state of excited wonder, she asked the one question- “What did you do to stop them from taking over the whole galaxy?!”

This was the most difficult one to be answered, not to mention the hardest one to be asked for the two. Thinking about how to exactly explain it, because there were some factors best left unsaid that really explain the full story, they looked at each other with a mutual agreement. Tails turned to their friends and said “I’m sorry, but we can’t say. You don’t want to know.”

The ponies were confused about this response, but in an attempt to not pry too deeply for information, some asked small questions. “Why is that, Sugarcube? It couldn’t have been so bad,” Applejack said.

“It was,” Tails replied.

“But if you were there together and saw what happened, and you’re here telling us what happened, doesn’t that mean you won?” Pinkie asked.

“We did win that war,” he answered, “but we still lost.”

The ponies looked at each other confused, then Twilight turned to them to say “I’m afraid we don’t understand what you’re saying, but if you’d rather not tell us,…”

“NO Way,” interrupted Rainbow Dash. “Come on, you say you flew across space and fought these Metarex things, but you won’t say how you stopped them from winning a whole war? What could they have possibly done that would make you say you still lost.”

“Rainbow Dash,” Twilight said to her sternly, “they made it clear that they don’t want to say. Don’t force them to answer. That’s their decision to make.”

Cosmo looked at the alicorn first and said “It’s alright, Twilight. If you want to know, well…”

“Cosmo,” Tails said, looking at her concerned, “you don’t have to tell them. If they’re alright with not knowing…”

She looked back at him and said “It’s alright, Tails. After what they’ve done for you already, it’s the least they deserve I suppose.”

Spike then interjected by saying “Wait a minute! I have an idea that you don’t have to say anything, but you can still tell us.”

He then ran off upstairs to look through one of Twilight’s chests, leaving everyone downstairs confused. When he returned, he had a potion bottle with white liquid inside it, and showed it to them all “Here’s that memory potion Zecora gave you a while back. You can use that to see what happened.”

“I don’t know, Spike. Using that to see what happened is just like forcing Tails and Cosmo to just tell us,” Twilight told him.

“Plus if it’s none of our business, we should just leave it at that,” Rarity added.

“What is this potion you’re talking about?” Cosmo asked.

The princess then explained “A friend of ours, Zecora, gave me this potion to look at events in the past during a predicament that past events actually caused. If I drink it, I can magically be sent back to that day and see everything that took place.”

“And she’s been working on her magic that can allow us to see what she sees, too,” Spike added. “Like the potion, it’s a powerful spell that only alicorns can learn, which can magically link the minds of anypony to share the same sights as one or the other.”

Tails and Cosmo took in this information and began to understand it fairly enough. “So what you’re saying is that you can use that potion to see anything from our past, including that day?” the fox asked.

“Exactly,” Spike replied.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea. If this is so bad that they both don’t want to say it, why should we even see it? I don’t want to see anything scary,” Fluttershy said.

“I say we give it a try!” Rainbow Dash said, her anxiousness to know getting the best of her.

“Look,” Twilight said, and sounding very strict, “I won’t do it if Tails and Cosmo don’t want us to know, and I really don’t like the idea of forcing the idea of everypony learning about this with magic that I’ve barely gotten to fully learn myself. It’s not right to just go ahead and use magic to get something that not everypony wants to know. We’re supposed to be enjoying ourselves, not forcing one or the other to do something they’re not comfortable with, so unless we all agree to this unanimously, we won’t do it.”

Silence fell for a few moments, some ashamed by their actions while others just understood her logical reasons. The Seedrian whispered something into her loving fox’s ear, which in turn he looked at her slightly surprised and asked “Are you sure?” She nodded to him, and after a moment to go with what she told him, he said “Twilight, if you’d really like to see what happened, we’ll allow it.”

The princess was surprised to hear this coming from then, so much that she asked “Are you sure? You were so persistent on not telling us just a few minutes ago.”

“Because it’s hard to think about it, but much harder to relive it by telling the story,” Tails said.

“Well,” Twilight said to the two, “if you’re perfectly alright with the idea, then we’ll take a look. Although I feel as if you’ve been put in guilt to letting us know.”

“I agree with Twilight. None of us wanna force y’all to say it’s okay to look at your past,” Applejack spoke.

“Well they’re telling us that it’s okay now, so I say we give it a shot,” Rainbow Dash said next. “You really don’t want to see the epic end of a war in space?! I know I do, and see how these two helped save their world!”

Even Pinkie Pie began to feel some optimism about this, stating “Besides, it could be super fun!” As she said it, she bounced up in the air and landed with an excited look on her face.

The couple, on the other hand, couldn’t say that her enthusiasm would be rewarded as she and Rainbow anticipated. Cosmo looked at them all to give them one last warning. “Please listen- if this potion works as it should, you’ll see the last few events of that long day, and that war. All we can promise you is that you may not expect to see what will you, so I ask you, please look at this with much strength in your hearts.”

The ponies looked at one-another, then thought to themselves. All except for Rainbow, who immediately said “Don’t worry, we’ve dealt with some big things before. We can handle this.”

“Very well then. Cosmo, I will look at these events with just as you asked, as I too am intrigued to see a glimpse of your dimension myself,” Rarity said, making her choice.

One by one, everypony agreed to go through with the spell, even Fluttershy after reassurance from Twilight of how they will be fine as long as they were all together. With some use of dark magic, the alicorn princess activated the potion and enhanced it to work for longer to watch the entire event. She then quickly went through one of her books and located the desired spell of linking her friends’ together mentally with her, and used her magic to activate the spell. Since it was only effectual with ponies, Spike just helped out by holding the potion bottle up so that she could drink from it, but not until she saw everypony, and Tails and Cosmo, were ready to go.

“Alright. Here we go,” Twilight said, and drank nearly all the potion.

/)∞(\

The ponies’ wide open eyes glowed brightly as they magically saw that one day in the home galaxy of Tails, Cosmo and their friends. Every moment from a golden hedgehog saying to use a cannon to shoot him towards a planet-sized enemy, to the transformation and insistence to fire, to the conflict of not doing so and the extra help that came to save the day, to the great evils that intruded and committed the vile act, and the final fight that led to a lonely fox broken down crying. They saw it all from a few different points, and the more they watched the more they couldn’t believe what was happened, but overall, they could feel their hearts breaking.

Their last vision was a blue hedgehog handing a familiar face a white seed and seeing the later collapse in despair, and then the potion wore off and they found themselves back in the library. Each had their own reactions, but it was sadness and crying all the same.

“I-I-I can’t believe all of that. Those th-things, and those m-m-monsters, how could they do such a horrible thing? It was all just… evil!” Rarity said in a saddened tone, but her friend next to her was much more expressive.

“Why that NO GOOD METAL VARMIN! HOW DARE THEY DO THAT! I CAN’T BELIEVE SOMETHIN’ LIKE THAT CAN HAPPEN!” Applejack exclaimed, her rage an outlet for her despair. Rarity wrapped a leg around her, and the two tried to best not to cry, not too hard.

Pinkie Pie turned into her complete opposite, and it showed as her mane and tail turned from puffy to the flattest flat. “I can’t believe that’s all true. There was nothing exciting about seeing that, not even all that gold superpower stuff,” she said, letting tears flow off her face.

As for Fluttershy, she couldn’t say a word. The poor pony never felt sadder, having it show with a most depressing face. She expressed her heartbreak even more as her normally quiet tone ascended in volume in a whine, reaching its climax as she started to cry without control, crouching herself onto the ground with her front hooves covering her face.

“I… I don’t know what to say,” stated Twilight, her heart shattered and her eyes leaking tears.

She looked towards Tails and Cosmo, but her head bowed in sorrow, saying “I’m sorry. I’m so, so sorry. That was tragic, and we had no right to see it. It’s all just… wrong. I’ve never seen anything…” She stopped to notice Spike hugging her in comfort, something she greatly needed.

The last pony to say anything was standing behind her friends the same way their vision in ended- in a state of paralysis, with her jaw dropped and eyes wide open and saddened. Her mind flashed what everypony saw in her eyes over and over again, and she hated it all. For a mare who always puts up a strong front to hide behind when needed, it wouldn’t happen this time, and she was about to show it. The others saw how she acted, and a couple ponies approached her to make sure she was alright.

“Dashie?” Pinkie said, still sounding very sad. “Are you alright? Snap out of it, Dashie.”

“Rainbow, come on. Snap out of it. I know it wasn’t what you asked for, but it’s still the truth,” Twilight said next, poking her side with a hoof.

“I… I… I…” was all the cyan pony could mutter at first. Tails and Cosmo were directly in front of her, and nopony was between her and them. It came to the point when she just snapped back into reality, and dashed between the couple and wrapped a leg around each of them. Hiding her face from them all, she started to gently cry, and she finally began to really speak.

“That was probably the most intense and sad thing I’ve ever seen. No wonder… no wonder you’re so close. You two are freaking superheroes. I shouldn’t have pried into learning about that from you. I’m… I’m sorry.”

Everyone in the room could hear her say that, and the other ponies walked up around the three in agreement with their depressed friend. “We’re all sorry,” Twilight said.

The couple didn’t say anything first, but instead, they both shared small smiles with their pony friends. “It’s alright,” Tails told them, his voice sounding a little choked by emotion. “You’d find out eventually. Besides, you already shared so much with us,…”

“…We felt you deserved to at least know about what happened that changed our lives,” Cosmo followed. “Now that you know, you understand our greatest pain of loss, and to be honest, you seem to be the best for Tails and I to trust and understand it all.”

The entire group then came together, sharing a loving hug between the loving couple, their six new pony friends, and a baby dragon. The hug definitely lifted all of their spirits and helped to heal some of their broken hearts, while quietly crying out their despair help just as much if not more.

When the hug broke, Rainbow Dash was the last to let go, sticking her hoof out towards Tails and said “You’re definitely the toughest guy I know,” a compliment he respected with a fist-bump, or a ‘fist and hoof’-bump, in return.

“And you,” the pegasus pony said towards Cosmo, “are the coolest girl from your world to do what you tried to.” She gave the same hoof-bump gesture, but instead she got a hug from the Seedrian, and returned the caring embrace.

As all the ponies began to smile with newfound happiness, Pinkie Pie’s mane and tail puffed up back to normal, but not solely from being happy. “Wait!” she yelled, sounding very puzzled. “If what happened on that day really happened, and Cosmo, you’re here today after going through what happened that day, how are you actually here today?!”

This was the first time the thought crossed anypony’s minds, and they all began to wonder the same thing. The realization that Cosmo was killed on that day and yet was standing before them alive and well, it made the crazy party pony sound sane, in her own sense to put it. “Pinkie Pie’s right! How is that possible?!” Applejack yelled.

“I don’t know how to even begin thinking about it,” Twilight stated in shock, but then she decided to find out. She turned to their new fox friend and asked “Tails, how is this possible? How is Cosmo here with you, with all of us?”

The couple turned to each other and smiled, this time with happiness regarding another event from their past that would be much more fun to explain about.

“That answer we are more than happy to tell you,” Tails replied. He then began to explain it all with a new story. “You see, this is where our friends, both from our world and interdimensional ones, came together to fix some of the most horrifying damages the Metarex had done towards us. We brought Cosmo back to life, and it’s all thanks to the many people we’ve come to know and participated in the day of Revival, hosted by myself and my friends in the Team JAG Band…”

Author's Note:

My original plan was to expand this much further with the spell-used flashback, but I wasn't unable to find the right sources to make it to my pleasing. For now, the flashback portion of this is one of my next projects, which in turn will expand this chapter.