• Published 27th Mar 2014
  • 1,798 Views, 158 Comments

The Wolves of Equestria - FenrisianBrony



Hoarfrost, a young colt born and raised in the harsh northern regions of Equestria, finds himself recruited into the Arctic Wolves, trained and equipped to be a member of one of Equestria's deadliest legions.

  • ...
5
 158
 1,798

Authors Notes

So, it's finally done. I have really enjoyed writing this story, just like I liked reading The God Empress of Ponykind when it first came out.

Hopefully I didn't destroy the canon the Iowa first had in mind when he opened this universe to other writers, and I did a good enough job to shine a light on his story.

Special thanks go to:
Iowaforever - Without this guy I never would have tried to write this.
FleetLordAvatar - For sticking with yet another story of mine. :twilightsmile:
Nightmare Wolf - For his many many comments which helped me get through this, as well as giving me ideas for Bardolf the wolf

And last but not least, all the people who took time to read this. Seriously, you guys are awesome, all of you.

Fenrisianbrony

Comments ( 11 )

No problem. I had to halt reading 6 chapters from the end, because of overall over saturation of Warhammer on my reading list (seriously, 7 or 8 WH40K stories at once, mainly form FanF is too much[halted all of them]), but I WILL return to it, and when I will, I'll comment more; although I don't know if it'll help you in any way. :applecry:

For now though "You Can't Change Nature" looks interesting (if cover has anything to do with hero of the story), so I'll try that.

PS. I know specialization is good, but you could hold up [gore] and [dark] tags once or twice. You could even maybe try some high adventure. :raritywink:

Edit. Fuck. I feel really bad that I put your story on hold, when you counted on me to read it, enjoy and comment. Today is too late for me, so expect tomorrow at least six new comments under each chapter that left for me to read, and so help me The Emperor, I'll enjoy the FUCK out of them!

6461533
But Gore and Dark are so fun :P
Maybe now I've finished another story I can try and write something different.
As for You Can't Change Nature, it updates very, very slowly.

6461747 every writer needs to sometimes branch out to make his tree more lush and beautiful. For you it could be crossover with 2nd edition of Brighthammer.
I'm ok with that. I already have 50-60 fanfics (seriously) on my 'reading' list, here and on FanF. I'm addicted to reading, and because of that I have no time to do anything else. So slow updates are quite handy to me. Just tell me, is this giant werewolf from cover, one of the heroes of the story?

6461805
That would be Ogma, and he is the main protaganist of the story. I guess that is probably the most slice of lifey story I have on the go at the moment, although it starts of fighty stabby bloody :P

Very good, it was interesting to get a more in depth perspective to one of the legions, at times I felt like I was reading a 40K fic if I'll be honest. Hoarfrosts character was well made and the journey he had from novice to Wolf Lord showed him develop brilliantly.

Overall, a good story and worth the read.

6461814 I'm okay with stabby-stabby, I'm just not the biggest fan of "darkness and despair all the time" trope. From time to time it's quite refreshing, but too much of it is too depressive. I also love heroic, either in battle or heroic sacrifices... aaand I should've suggest Iowa to use Ollanius Pius in his "The God Empress of Ponykind". Damn. One of my most favorite heroes of the Imperium.
Anyway, expect my comments under "You Can't Change Nature" tomorrow. Or today. Don't know what timezone you're live in (I'm CET). :derpytongue2:

6461855
Well to be fair two of my stories are set in or around th 40k grimdark, but like I said, hopefully You Can't Change Nature will be different and less bleak despair all the time, which is kinda boring to write if Imm honest

6461855 I really wanted to put an Ollanius Pius character into God Empress, but I just couldn't do it justice

6461951 Thats a shame. :fluttercry:
I don't think there is any other human with such big "Mars-grade Adamantium balls" in any other fiction.
Whenever I read about him, my heart sings a song of bravery and honor, and my eyes fill with the manly tears of righteousness.

6464565 You think just like me...

7279178 oh... And also, I was talking about the Ranger's Apprentice's secondary series; BrotherBand.

Login or register to comment