• Published 25th Mar 2014
  • 993 Views, 18 Comments

Outcasts of Equestria - Old Ben Kenobi



When Canterlot is overthrown from the inside, our band of heroes must once again try to save Equestria from a highly dangerous opponent.

  • ...
2
 18
 993

Chapter 12-Out of the frying pan

Angel Bunny looked around the room from his cramped metal cage. There was a mirror a couple of centimetres away from him in which he could see his own reflection scowling back at him, as well as a selection of wigs and hair curlers on the mahogany table he was currently situated on. And at the other side of the room, on a Princess sized bed, was the still form of a sleeping white unicorn stallion. Angel smirked at this-now was the time to put his plan into action!

Prince Blueblood awoke to a horrible screeching noise. Across the room, the cage was making a horrible screeching sound. No, not the cage, but the occupant inside it. He got up and hauled himself over to see why the beast was making such an odious racket.

"What is it now, you disgusting creature?" Blueblood said.

He examined the beast closer. It started coughing and retching, as if about to be sick. Blueblood jumped back as if he had been stung.

"Get away from my suit, you beast!" Blueblood snarled 'It's worth a thousand times more than your mangy hide!"

Angel bunny gave a loud, hacking cough.

"Urgh," said Blueblood "This creature is quite obviously infected with some terrible disease! If I don't get rid of it, I could become sick too! My new subjects won't be able to bathe in my radiance if I become ill due to some mangy fleabag!"

Angel bunny smiled inwardly. Now was his chance! Prince Blueblood would let him out and he'd be able to find Fluttershy and...

"ANIMAL CONTROL!" Blueblood shrieked, his voice magically enhanced to reverberate through Canterlot. "COME TO MY QUARTERS HAVE THIS DISGUSTING BEAST INCINERATED!"

Angel's thoughts skidded to a halt. Blueblood yawned and fell back to sleep again.

A few minutes later, there was a knock on the door, and a very tired and ill-kempt Blueblood opened it to reveal a grey, grizzled old unicorn stallion. He had a shiny, golden badge which read 'Trapper Hooves:Animal Control'

and a cutie mark depicting a sickly-looking squirrel behind bars.

"About time you got here." Whined Blueblood "What took you so long? Still throwing rocks at harmless, innocent animals, eh?"

The old buck gave a malicious grin, and Blueblood smiled in return.

"Which is exactly why I chose you for this position." Blueblood said. "Now, begone with this wretched beast. Your King needs his beauty sleep."

Trapper Hooves grabbed Angel's cage, none too gently, and trotted off in the direction of the gates to Canterlot.

Angel's heart was thumping in his chest. This was not how the plan went in his head. He shrieked and tried pulling at the cage door, but it was no use. If he had hoped his screeching was off putting to his captor, then he was sorely disappointed-if anything , the old buck seemed amused by his pained cries.

"That noise will stop soon enough," he chuckled "And instead I'll hear the beautiful crackling of burning fur."

Angel bunny stopped and looked up to the heavens, desperately begging them for mercy. All he saw was a single bird, circling the site where he was headed.

Probably a crow, thought Angel dejectedly, waiting to devour me afterwards.

The old buck stopped on the path to the gates as an orange Pegasus took the cage from him.

"Finally," grumbled Flash "The old fool's let me give this beast what it deserves."

Trapper smirked.

"I wouldn't let the King hear you say that if I were you. He's never taken too kindly to ponies who don't worship him."

Flash rolled his eyes and flew off to a large, round pit filled in with bundles of sticks. He took out a match, lit it, then threw it into the pit. At once, a huge, roaring flame got started. Flash laughed mercilessly as he took out the squirming Angel bunny from his cage.

"Now maybe you'll think twice before touching me again," He hissed. "Or more likely, never think again."

The eagle had been starving. Ever since he had caught word of a diseased animal in the castle, he knew they would take it to the old fire pit. Perhaps the Princesses, in their wisdom, would have taken the creature to a vet to be fixed, but luckily for him, Blueblood did not seem to be a wise or humble pony. The eagle would be getting a good meal tonight!

Angel stared up into the merciless eyes of his tormentor one, final time. Suddenly, he was tossed towards the vengeful flames of the pit. He shrieked and his eyes closed, expecting to feel the flames engulfing his body. But that moment did not come. He felt his body jerk at a nauseating speed, and then a sensation of flying upwards. He dared to glance upwards into a cold, hard face with a cruel, hooked beak. He looked down and could see Flash Sentry shouting and flailing his hooves, yet his slow and untrained wings could never hope to match the speed of the wings of the raptor now carrying him-wings which had been honed by millions of years of natural selection to carry off prey as swiftly as possible.


************

The wind whistled harshly in Angel's ears and rippled coldly through his fur. He had been granted a few more moments, he believed, to collect his thoughts. How could he escape and get to Fluttershy? He instinctively tried to reach for the talons and tug them off, but then stopped himself. That would probably not end well. He glanced down at the ground and saw an old, brown stallion looking up at him. It had a raised hoof which suddenly shot forward, catapulting a small, grey object directly towards Angel!

The stone hit the eagle directly on the head, but did not quite knock the bird out. The animal did, however, lose its balance and started plummeting downwards, towards a tall tower in Canterlot. Angel braced for impact and landed flat on his face into a cold, white surface. His dazed would-be predator looked around and saw something which seemed to spook him, so he took off as fast as he could fly.

Angel got up. He had a terrible headache. He looked upwards and saw several metal bars looming up at him and behind them, a pitch darkness. Suddenly, a noise reverberated through the still night. It was deep, loud and unsettling, as though it contained a millennia of amusement with the smallest hint of malice. And it came from the darkness inside the cage, and into the light stepped the master of chaos himself.

Author's Note:

Sorry about the late chapter. School is getting considerably more demanding.