• Published 25th Mar 2014
  • 993 Views, 18 Comments

Outcasts of Equestria - Old Ben Kenobi



When Canterlot is overthrown from the inside, our band of heroes must once again try to save Equestria from a highly dangerous opponent.

  • ...
2
 18
 993

Chapter 10-Discord's arrest

Rainbow Dash paced across the dry, dusk grass. She, Twilight and Fluttershy were on watch whilst the rest of the group rested in Twilight's magically conjured tent.

''Where's that draconequus gone to?'' Whined Rainbow Dash. ''He should have been back hours ago! What's taking him so long?''
"She's right, Twilight,''Fluttershy whispered "Discord shouldn't be gone this long...''
Twilight sighed.
"We entrusted him to carry out his mission in secrecy,'' she explained ''It won't really be very helpful if the six most wanted ponies in Equestria trot into Blueblood's lair and raise everypony's alarm."
"You...you could stop them!" Fluttershy persisted. ''You just became an alicorn and-''
''I'm sorry, Fluttershy. I may be an alicorn, but even I am not capable of taking on every single member of the most elite mages in Equestria. The only way I'd even stand a chance is if I had the powers of all four Princesses, but I doubt that'll ever happen. No, we'll have to wait for Discord until morning."
"Until MORNING?!" Exclaimed Fluttershy. ''But what if he doesn't come back?"
"Fluttershy, I know this is hard for you, but the fate of Equestria is in our hooves. I'm sorry, but we need to do what is right, not what is easy.''
''But how will we know how to get there without Discord's book?''
" I already know the location of the Hollow Shades,'' said Twilight, ''We could get there in 2 days if we travel fast enough.''
''Hopefully it won't come to that, sugarcube,'' came a voice from behind them. It was Applejack, who was followed by Pinkie Pie and Rarity. They had come to relieve the girls of guard duty. "Now go hit the hay. You'll wake up tomorrow and see Discord right as rain!"
"I hope you're right," yawned Fluttershy, as she trotted towards the blue, glowing tent.

"Ugh, this is SO humiliating!"
Discord was floating through the air, surrounded by a gold and blue aura and restrained by a pair of glowing handcuffs.
"Do you ever stop talking?" Complained Blueblood, from his golden chariot that was pulled by two very tired looking pegasus guards.
"Make me,'' Discord snarled. A burst of blue light shot from Blueblood's horn and Discord yelped in surprise.
"You will address me as 'Prince Blueblood' from now on, knave, or you will be dealt with the punishment you deserve."
Discord chortled.
"Oh really, Blueblood, you ponies crack me up! Do you actually think you can tame me with a few magic tricks! I'm as old as time itself and I have been turned into a stone statue for over a thousand years! Honestly, I'd feel insulted if you weren't so hilarious!"
Blueblood glared at Discord.
"You'll have that grin wiped off of your face soon, serpent."
Discord smiled.
"We'll see, Blueblood, we'll see."

When they arrived at Canterlot, Discord was taken to the highest watchtower. Several layers of shield spells were placed around it, making any attempt to escape impossible.
Blueblood dragged Discord up the stairs and threw Discord into the room, locking the door behind him
"And don't think about getting any ideas of teleporting out!" Blueblood grinned. "Those handcuffs are one of a kind and stop all and any magical effects! Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll need my third daily manicure'.
Blueblood slammed the doors and trotted away, leaving the spirit of chaos clinging onto the bars with narrowed eyes.

Owlowiscious looked out from behind the bookshelves. Everypony seemed to have gone. As he cautiously crept out, he noticed a flash of white in the corner. It was there only a second, but it appeared to be heading for the door. He flew over to the spot, only to hear the door creek open and then slam shut loudly dislodging a book from the shelves. Owlowiscious read the title 'An explorer's guide to the Hollow Shades'

Angel bunny scampered out of the oak tree. He knew something was wrong-Fluttershy had never left him alone this long without someone to care for him. And those guards which took away that ridiculous draconequus did not look friendly at all. There was only one thing to do. Though he strongly disliked Discord, he was the only person who knew where Fluttershy was. Angel bunny needed to save Discord.

The train station was packed with Royal Guards attempting to get back to Canterlot. Prince Blueblood had evidently thought it far below his station to give orders to mere plebs, so he had left them to get on with it. The result was pandemonium. Angel bunny attempted to squeeze past them, but he was lucky not to get stepped on by a careless earth pony, let alone successfully able to board the train. Angel buried his head in his paws. He glanced at the timetable and noticed it said, in glowing, magical writing ''FRIENDSHIP EXPRESS IS EXPERIENCING SLIGHT DELAYS'. There must be some other way to get into Canterlot quickly! He thought. He saw a group of pegasi flying away one by one. He would never convince them to let him across, unless... Suddenly, an idea formed in angel's mind.

The nearest guard was a bright orange pegasus with a blue mane. He looked down and saw a white rabbit standing at his hooves. He frowned at it and raised his hoof, about to stomp on the small, white thing. Suddenly, it leaped onto his foot and bit, drawing a drop of blood.
'Argh!' The guard screamed. 'This vicious, rabid animal just attacked me! Get me a cage!''
A guard with a small animal containment cage levitated angel and dropped him in.
'Now,'Said the orange pegasus 'You are going to Prince Blueblood, and he will decide what to do with you. Hopefully, I can convince him you are a diseased pest and he will put you down like the vermin you are!''

And with that, the pegasus took the cage in his mouth and flew towards the ivory tower in the mountains.

Author's Note:

Hello! I'm not dead! Yay! I have no clue when I will be updating this story next, but hopefully it will be soon as I have completed my ridiculous examinations.