• Published 13th Mar 2014
  • 334 Views, 5 Comments

The Reggie Kush Story - yourfanfictionnarrator



This is the tale of a colt named Reggie Kush. His special talent just so happens to be cannabis cultivation, and when some pony is in need of weed, he's the go to guy.

  • ...
 5
 334

Chapter 3

"Thirty-eight, thirty-nine, forty. Aight so forty bits that's gonna get you two grams of Reggie. But if you want I've also got Canterlot Kush, Purple Perfection, Red Queen of Hearts, and Happy Hardcore Hash."

Reggie deposited the contents of his treasure chest on his bed.

"Umm, Reg... There isn't any weed here." Sugarberry said.

Her statement couldn't have been more true. There were many interesting things in this pile, most of which caught her eye, none of which; however, happened to be what she was looking for.

Reggie suppressed a chuckle.

"There's a false bottom you dummy." He said as he levitated his chest into the air.

Sugarberry was confused. If he wanted to keep where he kept his weed a secret, then why was he telling her. Did he tell everyone who bought from him, or did he intend to hide it somewhere else? And if so, what did he intend to do with the chest once he relocated his stash. Reggie's next statement gave birth to a new thought which left her wondering if he had somehow read her mind.

"I'm the only one who can open this chest." Reggie explained.

'Well that explains it'

He levitated the chest in front of his face and spoke the words, 'Ice Bank Mice Elf'

There was a clicking noise, and the false bottom popped out onto the bed, Reggie laughing all the while.

"Real mature, did'ya come up with that yourself?" She asked.

Reggie steadied himself and replied, "Sure did."

Sugarberry peered into the box at the various colors of hash held in plastic baggies tied off with knots at the top. The most plentiful color of all being...

"That's a lot of green." She stated.

"The prettiest color in all of Equestria." He said proudly. "Now what can I get for you?"

A baggie was taken from the pile and brought in front of her face.

"This is every great pony's simple pleasure, Reggie. The simplest, yet arguably most important weed of all."

He selected another baggie. This weed was a visibly darker shade of green.

This stuff is Canterlot Kush, the kind we smoked earlier. This kind is definitely the best for community smoking, so if you wanna smoke with a couple other ponies then get this stuff." He explained.

Reggie really seemed to know what he was talking about. Needless to say Sugarberry was impressed.

"Go on." She said.

He lifted up another baggie. The weed inside was somewhat pinkish with a red stem.

"This shit's called Red Queen of Hearts. This knocks you on your ass if your not careful. It's real strong, It's definitely not for parties. This is only something you should smoke if you don't need to be anywhere all day. It's good if your depressed, or if you just wanna feel good." He explained.

He placed the bag back in the chest as he levitated yet another one out. This one was all different kinds of green. And the buds were visibly denser.

"Happy Hardcore Hash. This is the 'Whatever the buck I wanna do' kind of weed. It turns all your bad feelings into good ones. No matter what your feeling, this'll make you feel happy."

There was only one baggie left. The weed inside seemed to fade into a purple color around the edges.

"This one is my pride, my life's work, and my greatest grow. Purple Perfection. There's no foaling around when it comes to this stuff. It's the best there is, literally. Years of trial and error has lead me to no doubt the best weed in existence. There isn't a plant as perfect anywhere else. It's individuality is unmatched in all of this world to be sure."

Sugarberry's expression changed to that of a little filly in a candy store, eyes wide with amazement and longing. She took the baggie in her hoof and brought it to her muzzle. She was taken aback as she inhaled the strong and musky yet heavenly aroma.

"Wooooooow."

She was awoken from her miniature trance as Reggie took the bag back.

"Unfortunately, 40 bits is only going to get you one hit." He stated.

"One hit! For 40 bits! That's crazy, no way!"

"Sorry, but that's just how it is. There's no getting better than this, and honestly, I'd be giving you a lot more than you deserved for 40 bits. The high you get from this is like... well, I don't really know what to compare it to, but it's really good."

"Yeah yeah I think I'll just take some Reg." She said.

"Great."

He put the Purple Perfection back in the chest and hoofed her the first baggie.

"Here you go." He said.

"Thanks."

She took the baggie in her teeth and made way for the door.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" Reggie asked.

She turned around with a puzzled expression on her face. With a shrug of her withers she gave a muffled "what".

"Isn't it obvious? You don't have a pipe to smoke it out of." He stated rather bluntly.

Of course. She spit the baggie out into her hoof and placed it on the floor.

"Well can I borrow one?" She asked.

"Ha ha, absolutely not." He replied.

Her eyelids widened.

"What, seriously?!"

"Sorry. I don't share my pipes."

"So you don't share weed or pipes."

"Nope."

Sugarberry deadpanned.

"Well that's just great. Can I buy one of them."

"Nope."

"Aughhhh." Sugarberry audibly groaned. "Well where can I get one?"

Reggie brought his hoof to his chin and scratched at the short stubble.

"I always go to Twinkleshine when I want a new bong. She makes stuff outta glass." He said.

"Twinkleshine, the glass smith?"

"Yep."

"I bought a vase from her like 2 years ago." She said. "Does she smoke too?"

"You'd be suprised how many ponies in this town buy from me. Everpony knows that I'm the go to guy for weed." Reggie said.

He lifted his muzzle into the air in a proud and posh manner. He wasn't foaling. Reggie really was the go to guy for weed, and he was the best at what he did.

"Tell you what, since she lives across town, I'll make the trip with you." Reggie offered.

"Jeez, it's not some kind of epic quest, I just need something to smoke with." She said.

"I understand. Don't worry, I never get sidetracked. It's just a little trip."

For the life of her Sugarberry couldn't understand why he emphasized the word trip, but whatever it was, there was no way it was good. Reggie pulled out the baggie filled with Purple Perfection and smiled.

"Of course, we're gonna have to get high first."

<Five Minutes Later>

Sugarberry's felt an invasive burning feeling in her throat and lungs. She tried to expand her lungs and welcome more of the smoke, but the burn was far unlike any of her previous expiriences with weed (said expiriences amounting to 4 times). Seriously, she couldn't take any more, it legitimately felt like a blowtorch in her throat. She removed the tiny pipe from her mouth, followed by a series of painful coughs.

She didn't manage to say much through gritted teeth and overflowing saliva, but Reggie was able to make out various curses such as 'holy shit' and 'damn dude'. She was definitely lying about being expirienced, but not entirely. If she was entirely new to smoking then this weed would have caused her to pass out. One hit was definitely enough for her. Hell, one hit of that was good enough for anypony.

"Euahhhh, khauuuugh."

Reggie tried not to laugh at her.

"Awww, newbie." He teased.

Sugarberry would have told him to shut the buck up right now, but she was focused on trying not to vomit at the moment. She leaned against a wall and closed her eyes. She felt sick, terrible. Her eyelids were heavy and her brain was fuzzy. She had at least managed to stop coughing, and was currently doing her best to steady her breaths.

'In and out, in and out' She told herself.

She spit on the floor a few times and finally regained her balance. She lifted her head up and took her weight off the wall.

'That's better'

"How you holdin up over there?" Reggie asked.

She turned to face Reggie. Her eyes darted slugishly from side to side and blinked with the speed of a tourtise.

"I feel... good." She said. "Really good actually."

"Great stuff right?"

"Yeah, but I thought you didn't share, and you let me hit it for free. You told me it would cost 40 bits."

"Well I wanted to see somepony else try it for a change. Nopony else ever buys it because it's so expensive. Let's just call it a solid and say that you owe me one, kay."

"Uhh, alright. Now what?"

Reggie's pupils rolled to the upper left in deep thought. He vaguely remembered something about a pipe. Then again, what did he need a pipe for right now. Upon turning around to look at his collection, he realized that he didn't need a pipe at all. What was next. What were they supposed to do now that they were so unbelievably high? Reggie could only think of one thing.

"I'm buckin' hungry."

Author's Note:

This is a bit of a new development for Reggie. Being a bit more of a personal pony, he never shares his weed. But for some odd reason, the hard shell that is his personality is finally starting to crack, causing him to open up to other ponies. Maybe it's true what some ponies say, maybe friendship really is magic. Then again, nothing makes somepony want to be your friend more than when you pass them a joint. Epic adventure in the next update.
Spoiler: On the quest for something to eat, Reggie and Sugarberry keep getting sidetracked and nearly get themselves killed. More than once. Next chapter is sure to keep you on the edge of your seat. Stay tuned.