• Published 12th Mar 2014
  • 1,617 Views, 33 Comments

The Summerbug Factor - Natsumushi



An artist from Cloudsdale is hired to create some cloud art for Rarity’s next Fashion show but things quickly begin to get interesting as Summerbug meets up with a pair of old schoolmates and stirs emotions within them both old and new.

  • ...
18
 33
 1,617

Chapter 9- Love, Lust and Discord pt. 1

For the next few hours, Summerbug met with the rest of Rainbow’s best friends. One by one he met and conversed with all six of them, including Applejack and Twilight Sparkle.

He found Twilight interesting and adorably nerdy, and as a princess he did his best to show his honor of being in the presence of royalty, much to Twilight’s chagrin. Before he could speak further with her about various book series, Rainbow Dash asked to speak in private with Twilight and told Summerbug she’d be back in a bit. He nodded in acknowledgement and decided to see what the others were up to. It was about this time when Pinkie decided to play some slow dance music, after all what pony DIDN’T want to snuggle up with their best friend or a special somepony and have a dance?

By the time ten o’clock rolled around, he was beginning to feel very tired. Many of the other guests had begun to head home as well, but Rainbow Dash refused to let Summebug leave until he had at least a bottle Sweet Apple Acres Reserve (just to see how well he could handle it), which he gingerly accepted and drank.

Alcohol was, after all, simply a reminder of how it could potentially ruin lives, unlock the evil in a pony’s heart and steal away their hard earned bits. While Rainbow was downing her seventh bottle, it was quite clear that Rainbow Dash had planned to have a hearty night of drunken revelry. However, whilst in her drunken state, she had made several intimate passes at him; shocking the others over her level of boldness. Yes, Dash was brash and forcefully assertive on a fairly regular basis, but this was taking it a step too far, and he wasn’t really comfortable with the idea.

Summerbug had almost felt bad turning her down, but taking advantage of an inebriated mare was not a part of his moral beliefs, nor did he want her do something she’d regret in the morning. Mercifully, Fluttershy decided to take Rainbow dash home, and apologized profusely for her friend’s behavior.

“But I donwannago… th’prty’s jus getting’ started…” She slurred as her hindquarter’s writhed and she rubbed her cheek against Summerbugs’s in an affectionate nuzzle; which caught him off guard.

“Ah… I think it’s time for you to go home and sleep Rainbow…ehehe…” Summerbug said, gently pushing her back as heat rose to his cheeks.

“Only if I c’n go home with y-”

“Come along now darling, you have to be at work in the morning.” Rarity interjected with a nervous chuckle as she enveloped Dash with the glow of her magic and began to move with her toward the door as Rainbow pawed at the ground half-heartedly trying to grasp hold of anything that would help her crawl back, but to no avail.

“But Rarity, I wanna do h-” SLAM!

Rarity slammed shut the door to Sugarcube corner and waved a goodbye wave at them through the window as they passed.

“I’m very sorry Summerbug, you’ll have to forgive her. When she gets to drinking she can be a bit of a hoof-ful.” Fluttershy apologized softly. “Although, she usually doesn’t get so…physical; unless it’s a brawl.”

“It’s okay…no harm, no foul. I hadn’t known she was such a…heavy drinker…” Summerbug replied, pushing back unpleasant foal-hood memories.

“Well, the last time ah saw her drink like that was the night b’fore the young flyer’s competition a while back ago. She must be mighty nervous about somethin’.”

Appljack chimed in. “Ah’m sure whatever is that she’ll get through it, always does.” She finished, taking a pull off of her own bottle of hard cider.

“Well, in any case it’s getting late. Thank you for the party Pinkie, and it was also nice to meet you all, hopefully we can get together again sometime.” He said, finishing off the only bottle he had all night. “C’mon Silver, I’ll show you to the Motel.” he offered kindly.

“Oh, thank you! I’m feeling a bit buzzed, that is some strong drink, Ho-boy! I think I’ll stick to my wine and daiquiri’s next time. Derpy, honey, your home is on the way right? Bug-a-boo and I will gladly escort you home, isn’t that right Summer?” Silver-Stitch prompted.

“Oh? Yeah, of course, sure thing!” Summer replied, Looking at him a little inquisitively.
“Oh, okay. Um…thank you guys.” Derpy answered, snapping out of her reverie.

"Goodnight everypony!" Derpy, Silver and Summer said whilst waving farewell, as the trio left Sugarcube Corner and went on there way.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment