• Published 12th Mar 2014
  • 1,617 Views, 33 Comments

The Summerbug Factor - Natsumushi



An artist from Cloudsdale is hired to create some cloud art for Rarity’s next Fashion show but things quickly begin to get interesting as Summerbug meets up with a pair of old schoolmates and stirs emotions within them both old and new.

  • ...
18
 33
 1,617

Chapter 7- Recreation or Romance? pt. 1

"Silver-Stitch...H-how are you? You look great! I'm...I'm sorry. I can't believe how long its been..." Summerbug finally spoke, raising a hoof to Silver's chest. "...and you still wear that damn fuchsia scarf! If I hadn't known it to be yours, I'd've thought you were a mare! But then again you'd have loved that, Wouldn't you?" Summerbug jested. Silver batted his eyelashes and cooed "Maybe..." Suggestively, returning the jest in kind. Despite the obviousness of their playful little act, Derpy couldn't help but to feel mildly betrayed, as well as mildly aroused.

"Guy's, please. It's starting to get a little gay up in here." Rainbow Dash interrupted jokingly, masking her own insecurity.

"Sorry, Dash. I couldn't resist!" Summerbug replied with a smile...a smile!

Something about his smile made Rainbow Dash feel weak in the knees. This did not go unnoticed by Derpy, as she herself felt that way around him, but to see the normally brash and arrogant Element of Loyalty act like a love-struck filly was truly unexpected. It became very clear in her mind that no matter what she did, she could not compete, certainly not with Rainbow Dash, nor with Silver-Stitch, not with anypony. Feeling despair starting to creep its way into her belly, she decided it might be best if she went to the beverage table and pour a few cups for herself.

"Hey, if anypony needs me, I'll be by the punch. I'm...feeling thirsty..." She told the others.

"But we had a snack on the train. Are you feeling well, honey?" Silver inquired and put a hoof to her brow, which she gently removed.

"Yes, I'm fine Silver. Talk to you later Rainbow, Summerbug!" The usually bubbly mare replied.

And before Silver-Stitch could get another word out, she was hastily retreating to the snack bar.

"She always like that?" Summerbug asked.

"Oh, always! Derpy has always been a bit odd around other ponies. She probably needs a few moments to collect herself." Rainbow Dash, unintentionally cutting off what Silver-Stitch was about to say.
After a momentary pause, he began again.

"No, that's not it. Something is bothering her." Silver-Stitch corrected. "Excuse me Bug-a-boo, I need to make sure she's okay. We'll catch up later, k?" Silver called back as he chased after the blond pegasus.

"But how did you know I was...here?" Summerbug trailed off.

Just as he was turning around to face Dash again, he suddenly found himself pressing noses together with a hyper pink pony.

"Oh! That's an easy one to answer!" Pinkie began; her breath smelled of peppermint and frosting.

"Well I overheard you and dashie talking about your foalhood in school and I was so sad that you had an absolutely terrible day and how you had to leave because, reasons. So I thought 'Pinkie, we need to invite Silver-Stitch!' because you two were, like, the bestest friends ever! But then you had a really bad day and totally shot him down and I don't like seeing friends fight or be sad or hurt. But then I was like 'I don't really know about him other than he was your super-special-somepony admirer.' And then my pinkie sense went off just as Derpy was about to crash into the tree right next to me. Then it hit me! Summerbug, Silver, Dashie, Derpy and Flutters all went to the same school in Cloudsdale! Together! So I asked Derpy if she knew any Silver-Stitches, and sure enough she did! So I wrote up a quick invite for him and now that you're all here we can be the bestest-best-lifelong friends!" She finished in what seemed to be one breath, not paying any mind to the glowing red blush Summerbug was exuding.

"Pinkie! You’re way to close to his face! Any closer and you'd be kissing the guy!" Dash exclaimed, her own face sporting a crimson tint.

"Nah, I know better than to get involved with Summerbug Dashie!" Pinkie cheerfully replied before hopping away as Rainbow Dash called after her, "WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?!"

“She doesn’t really have a sense of personal space does she?” Summerbug asked Rainbow Dash nervously.

“No, not really; but that’s just Pinkie. Although I wish I knew what she meant with that last comment. She can be so weird sometimes.” Rainbow sighed.

“Whatever. Say Summer, why don’t you follow me to meet with the others? I’m sure Rarity and Fluttershy are eager to get to know you more, and you’d be getting to know them better now than you did earlier. C’mon!” Rainbow suggested, grabbing his hoof and pulling him along.

As she did so, he began to feel elation begin to bloom in his chest as he held her hoof and drank in the look on her face. She was smiling, and it was the an innocent and joyous smile.