• Published 23rd Oct 2011
  • 4,006 Views, 180 Comments

Behind the Gypsy's Veil - Gypsy

  • ...
6
 180
 4,006

To Ponyville and Beyond

"Excuse me?" I said giving Vale an unamused look.

"You are excused." I just stood there looking stupid from her reply, she then flew over me and landed next to Celestia and bowed.

"How are you Princess?"

"I am fine Vale, is everything set for departure?"

"Yes, the carriage is in place, we have clear skies, and I'm ready to fly. Where's the passenger?"

"Why he's right there, he just went through a few cosmetic changes." Vale looked over to me.

"Oh hello there! I'm Vale nice to meet you."

"Hi Vale, my name is Kriece (I was feeling all formal and stuff and decided to give her a gypsy greeting), shao de Douglasko, lesko dat oh Pipo, shao cataoh Nono."

"Huh? All I understood was your name was Kriese."

"What language was that Kriese? It sounds familiar." Celestia added.

"Hehe sorry I was speaking my dialect, I told you my name and by custom I told you my father's name and my grandfather's name."

"And whose custom would that be?" Vale asked

"My people's, I'm a Gypsy."

"Ahhh yes the Gypsy's language, it's been so long since they traveled through Canterlot I nearly forgot about them." Celestia said smiling.

"Gypsy?! How's that? Gypsies don't even live in this region of Equestria! And your from another universe or something!" Vale was beyond confused and Celestia looked as if she was thinking.

"THE HELL do you mean!? There's Gypsies here? My gawd we ARE everywhere." (we are actually, I once met a chinese gypsy, that blew my mind, I myself am a Russian-Colombian Gypsy, weirdest combo ever)

"That is odd indeed, I know that they tend to travel everywhere but I never thought they'd reach other worlds, this is certainly something I must look into later on, as for right now you two need to be heading out. You Kriece have a long day ahead of you and I wish for you to make the most of your stay in Ponyville a pleasant one."

"Sure thing." I walked over to the doors and opened them.

"After you Vale." Vale walked through the doors.

"My, what a gentleman! Come follow me to the courtyard, that's where the carriage is."

"Don't mind if I do, I'll see you when I see you Princess, tell Luna I said hi."

"I will, take care Kriece."

A few minutes passed, me and Vale trotting through the corridors towards the courtyard. Vale was odd to me seeing as I never really hung out with non-gypsies or as we like to call them "Gaije" (pronounced Guy-jay, also for when describing men and women its Gaijo for men and for women Gaijee) mostly because hanging out with them is frowned upon so it was pretty awkward and me being who I am only makes this more awkward.

"So...." I said trying to break the ice with Vale.

"So, what?"

"Oh uh I was talking out loud sorry." Suddenly realizing I'm breaking the ice with a tooth pick.

"Oh...okay...So how are you liking our world so far?"

"It's...colorful. Where I'm from everything is bleak well depending on where you live I guess sure there's beautiful scenery but those are few and far apart. Where I live it's somewhat of a city reminiscent of your worlds Manehattan."

"How do you know about Manehattan?"

"I heard it from Celestia." I said quickly.

"Well I can't see myself living in such places, so busy and cramp, all the high buildings not letting me fly."

"Yeah I can see the problems there. I like to be somewhere not so crowded."

"Alright just around this corner and we're here." We rounded the corner and entered the courtyard. I was in awe for the courtyard was also a huge balcony where you can see all of Equestria before you in all it's splendor, but then I noticed the carriage and everything I saw was like looking at junk. This carriage had gold and silver/white gold/platinum(I would have freaking stole that in a heart beat, I'll probably ask Celestia for one, a man can dream!) trims, the body looked as if made of the mother of pearls (which I bet it actually was) the seats, the softest suede I've ever felt. The carriage was the epitome of badass, the preverbial shit and I was being escorted in it. (SQUEEEEE~)

"HOW ARE YOU HOLDING UP KRIESE?!" Vale's question barely registered in my head for two things. We were at an elevation of ten thousand feet and there was a raging wind blowing left and right, up and down (There was also third reason but pretty much irrelevant, I was too busy looking at her plot pondering whether or not I should try pony love.)

"HEY KRIESE HOW ARE YOU HOLDING UP?!" Vale asked again this time I heard her.

"GREAT OTHER THAN THE COLD-ASS TEMPERTURE, THE TORNADO SHOOTING UP MY TAIL, AND THE CHANCE THAT I MIGHT FALL OUT THE CARRIAGE AND DIE!"

"DON'T WORRY I GOT THIS!"

"YOU GOT THIS MY ASS! CAN'T YOU GET TO A LOWER ALTITUDE?!"

"THAT'S WHAT IM DOING THE WIND IS MAKING IT DIFFICULT. IF I DIVE DOWN AT AN ANGLE THERE'S A CERTAIN CHANCE THE WIND WILL ROTATE THE CARRIAGE ALONG WITH ME AND THROWING YOU OFF SO IM GRADUALLY LOWERING OURSELVES LITTLE BY LITTLE YOU HAVE TO HOLD ON FOR AWHILE LONGER!"

"ALRIGHT I TRUST YOU!" Little by little we descended, nine thousand, seven thousand, and finally we got to about five thousand escaping the winds.

"KRIECE YOU STILL BACK THERE?"

"Yes and no need to yell, thanks for saving us, I'm glad Celestia picked you to escort me."

"You’re welcome, I am the Captain of the SkyGuard for a reason."

"Yeah ahaha. How long til we get to ponyvile?"

"If you look in front you can see the town."

"Huh. How long are you going to stay in Ponyville Vale?"

"Once I drop you off I'm gone, I still got work to do, and it’s still in the morning you know."

"Oh, alright."

"Just sit back and relax." Vale looked back at me and smiled. Today is going to be a cluster of fuck, I can almost feel taking it all.

________________________________________