• Published 31st Mar 2014
  • 2,783 Views, 88 Comments

A Strange Dream - Durant



Fluttershy wakes up one day to find that she is married to Rainbow Dash, she also has a daughter and a son, Fluttershy finds out what happened, and things go back to normal the next day, but she had changed

  • ...
9
 88
 2,783

Today Is Our What?

Twilight paced back and forth in the library. looking out the window for any sign of Princess Luna. Spike sat down nearby watching her, a little worried.

"Twilight, pacing isn't going to make her show up any sooner," Spike said.

"I know, but something has gone wrong. This wasn't suppose to make Fluttershy cry it was going to..." Twilight was cut off by a knock at her door.Twilight quickly opened and to her relief Luna stood on the other side.

"Luna I'm so glad you could make it, I really need some help," Twilight told her.

"What is it?" Luna asked.

"Fluttershy came by tonight and she looked upset, confused and very scared. I'm starting to think this was a big mistake."

"It is not a mistake, you did this to help her and it will."

"But shes not even happy, I must have cast it wrong, or used the wrong amount of magic."

"That is not the problem, we can assure you that Fluttershy will learn from this experience."

"Are you saying that she is a-"

"Yes, and she will hopefully learn that after this is done." Twilight stopped talking for a few seconds a thought a few things out.

"Thanks Luna, I guess you're right."

"Is that all you need to see me about?"

"Yes, that is it."

"Then I shall see you in two days when you wake."

***

Fluttershy woke up to the warm softness of Rainbows forelegs. Fluttershy smiled and cuddled into Rainbows chest a little. After a little bit of cuddling Fluttershy sat up and tried to think about their relationship, the foals, the island. Still she didn't remember anything about her life with Rainbow. Sighing she crawled out of bed and started walking towards the hall until a voice called to her.

"Where are you going, babe? Happy Anniversary!" Rainbow Dash said tackling her to the ground and kissing her. Fluttershys eyes widen with surprise and she blushed a dark red. Rainbow got off of Fluttershy and shook her flank in Fluttershys face a bit before leaving the room softly laughing.

"Today is our anniversary? If today is our anniversary then is she going to want to have..." Fluttershy trailer off not wanting to say the "S" word. Fluttershy shivered slightly and walked out of her room feeling very nervous.

"WHAT ARE YOU TWO DOING?!" Rainbow yelled from downstairs. Fluttershys eyes widened with fear and surprise as she flew down stairs and into the kitchen. The whole kitchen floor was covered with spilled food, several pans were on the stove, with Mach and Butterfly looking down ashamed.

"Sorry Mom, we just wanted to make you breakfast in bed for your anniversary," Mach explained. Rainbow sighed and walked up to her foals and hugged them with an annoyed look on her face.

"That's sweet but you just created more work for us," Fulttershy said walking up to them.

"We also told you not to use the stove unless one of us was in here with you." Rainbow added. Fluttershy got out a broom and a dust pan and handed the broom to Rainbow who started to sweep up the floor. Mach got the dust pan and held it for Rainbow. Fluttershy walked over the pans and started to wash them with Butterfly’s help. Butterfly threw the burnt food away and handed them to Fluttershy who would wash them and put them away. After she finished Fluttershy turned around and saw Rainbow and Mach sweeping up the food but they slowed down to a stop. She looked at Butterfly and slowed to a stop as if she was frozen.

"Rainbow, Mach, Butterfly...can you hear me..."Fluttershy asked. No response from any of them, they didn't move at all. Fluttleshy looked around the room, the water wasn't flowing, the clock wasn’t ticking, the trees outside were no longer swaying in the breeze,

"Please, please say something." Fluttershy closed her eyes and started to cry softly. She didn't want to be alone, she wanted anypony to to be there, she wanted Rainbow Dash to tell everything would be ok.

"Shy are you ok?" Rainbow asked placing her hoof on her shoulder. Fluttershy opened one eye and saw Rainbow smiling at her. Fluttershy wrapped her hooves around Rainbow.

"Mom is something wrong?" Mach asked.

"No, I’m ok," Fluttershy said, not sure if she really was. Rainbow smiled and gave Fluttershy a hug, which did make her feel better. As Rainbow pulled back she noticed Butterfly looked very tired, then she turned to Mach who was also barely staying awake.

"You two got up way too early didn't you?" Rainbow asked the two young foals.

"I guess we did," Mach said yawning. Butterfly agreed with a small nod.

"Why don't you two go take a nap on the couch, the two of us can finish up," Rainbow suggested putting her foreleg around Fluttershy.

"Thanks mom" the foals said in perfect unison walking into the living room. Rainbow then turned to Shy with a slightly worried look on her face.

"Are you sure you’re ok, Shy?"

"Yes, I'm fine."

"Why were you crying then, just really happy about our special day?" Rainbow softly laughed and Fluttershy did as well.

"I just had a really bad daydream or something, that's all."

"Well, don't worry, I'm here for you and so are your foals and friends. Remember what Applejack said when we got married?"

"What did she say...again?" Fluttershy asked

"If anypony give ya' trouble then give us a call, al' four of us will teach them a lesson," Rainbow said in a really bad Applejack impression, then she kind of looked down for a second.

"What's wrong?"

"Oh, its just-you know we shouldn't be talking about sad things today." Fluttershy gave her a small smile, but wondered if something happened to the Apple family. Rainbow started to sweep and Fluttershy held the dust pan. They swept in silence until Rainbow spoke up.

"Shy you don't look so good why don't you go relax? I'll finish up in here."

"Are you sure?"

"Ya, don't worry about it." Fluttershy smiled and Rainbow and gave her a hug.

"Thank you," Fluttershy said walking out the room. Rainbow smiled a little and got back to sweeping.

Fluttershy start to head for a nearby chair until something caught her eye. On the couch were Mach and Butterfly fast asleep curled up in a ball. Fluttershy walked closer to them and smiled. Looking at them peacefully sleeping made her feel warm and happy inside. She slowly reach out and petted Butterfly on the head and did the same to Mach.

"Sweet dreams my little foals," Fluttershy thought to herself; she looked at them for a few more seconds until she felt forelegs wrap around her waist. Fluttershy turned to see Rainbow Dash looking at her. Rainbow gave a long kiss and let go of her smiling.

"They really are cute when they are sleeping, aren't they?" Fluttershy giggled slightly and nodded in agreement. Rainbow kissed Fluttershy, sliding her hoofs down Fluttershy body.

"We'll have some fun tonight, which reminds me, I have to pick up that potion from Twilight," Rainbow said seductively and licked Fluttershys neck. She shivered slightly but then stopped Rainbow as she opened the door.

"Rainbow let me go instead." Rainbow looked at her a little confused.

"You sure Shy?” You have been acting a little odd today."

"I'll be ok."

"If you're sure you're ok, then you can go ." Fluttershy smiled slowly flew towards the library.

***
"Did it work?" Spike asked Twilight at him amused.

"Does it look like it worked?" Spike looked around and then at himself.

"Um...no"

"I was able to make thing stop, but I couldn't do anything else."

"Well, it’s only two more days just let things play out," Spike said

"I guess you’re right and who knows, maybe things will get easier from here on out." Twilight smiled at Spike and started up the stairs.

"I'm going to take a nap, this magic is really taking a lot of out of me."

"I don't think you should take a nap yet."

"Why not?"

"Fluttershy is here." Spike replied looking out a window.

"She is probably here for the potion."

"What potion?"

"The potion you don't need to know about until you're older."

"Well, technically I am older."

"I mean mentally." Twilight laughed a little as she heard a knock out the door. Twilight opened the door, on the other side was Fluttershy smiling softly. Twilight stepped aside so she could come in.

"Hey Fluttershy, you here for the potion?"

"Yes."

"Are you ok?"

"No."

"Are you going to answer everything in only one word?"

"Oh, sorry I didn't realize i was doing that."

"Hows the memory problem?"

"I still can't remember anything." Twilight hugged Fluttershy, and patted her back

"It's going to be ok Fluttershy, I promise you will remember everything soon." Fluttershy smiled feeling better about her memory. Twilight picked up a vial with blue liquid in it and placed it in a small pouch.

"Um Twilight?"

"Is something wrong?"

"Did you notice anything odd this morning?"

"Odd like what?"

"Its nothing..."

"Fluttershy if somethings wrong, don't keep it bottled up."

"No it's ok." Fluttershy didn't want Twilight to think she was crazy.

"Well ok if nothing’s wrong...here's your potion; and really don't worry you’ll be back to normal in a few days." Twilight smiled at Fluttershy and gave her another small hug. Fluttershy pickup the pouch, nodded at Twilight, and flew off. Twilight smiled and walked back inside and started to head up stairs until another knock was heard. She sighed heavily and opened the door to see Pinkie this time.

"You coming Twilight huh?! Are you coming?!" Pinkie exclaimed

"Coming to what?" Twilight asked.

***

Fluttershy slowly walked back to her house, quietly greeted by Rainbow.

"Hey Shy" She whispered give her a small kiss. Fluttershy didn't answer for a few seconds, but then shook her head.

"Hey Rainbow are they still asleep?" Rainbow nodded.

"Is that it?" Rainbow asked Fluttershy nodded blushing.

"I'll take that up stairs for tonight." Rainbow took the pouch and slowly flew up stairs. As she did Fluttershy could not take her eyes off Rainbow’s flank.

"I'm not in love with Rainbow Dash even if she very cute and kind." Fluttershy thought as watched Rainbow disappear around a corner. "At least I hope I’m not in love with Rainbow."

Author's Note:

Kind of short chapter, but things will pick up soon.