• Published 31st Mar 2014
  • 2,784 Views, 88 Comments

A Strange Dream - Durant



Fluttershy wakes up one day to find that she is married to Rainbow Dash, she also has a daughter and a son, Fluttershy finds out what happened, and things go back to normal the next day, but she had changed

  • ...
9
 88
 2,784

Questioning Twilight

“So that’s what’s been going on lately.” Fluttershy said

“Oh I see. It's ok Fluttershy, everypony feels that way at some point in their life.” Twilight said.

“R-really?”

“Yes really.”

“Do you think you can help?”

“I don’t th-“

“Mom, wake up its time to go.” Fluttershy opened her eyes to see Butterfly looking at her. Butterfly had many different plants in her saddle bag along with the book she got from Twilight. She shook her head still waking up a bit. Fluttershy got up and looked around; next to her was Rainbow Dash and Mach who both were streching out their wings. As Fluttershy stood up Rainbow laughed slightly and smiled at her.

“Sleep well Shy?” Rainbow asked.

“Um…yes I guess I did.” Images from the dream she just had flashed before her eye, and pain shot through her head before quickly disappearing. As she thought about it she started to realize that it didn't seem like a dream at all, it was more like a long forgotten memory.

“Ready to go Mom?” Mach asked. Fluttershy just smiled and nodded as the four of them flew upwards waving goodbye to the animals. As they flew Fluttershy looked at the sky; the sun was slowly setting making the sky a bright orange. She slowly started to drifted back to Twilight and her dream "What were we talking about? Is something wrong with me? Maybe I should ask Twilight, she seemed to be acting odd this morning...and so was Spike for that matter. Is Twilight hiding something from me? "

“Fluttershy you want to slow down a bit?” a voice called snapping her out of her thoughts. Fluttershy stopped and looked back realizing she was far ahead of her family.

"Oh, I'm sorry." She waited for everypony to catch up.

“Is something wrong Mom?” Mach asked.

“No, I was just thinking about Twilight. She seemed worried about something.” Fluttershy answered and started flying again.

“I agree with Mom, Princess Twilight was acting odd.” Butterfly said.

“Twi has always acted a little odd. She’s a princess, she’s probably stressed with some royal thing.” Rainbow said looking back at them.

“Rainbow’s right.” Fluttershy assured the foals, smiling at them. Mach and Butterfly smiled back and started flying ahead. Fluttershy stayed behind them thinking about the dream again. "Twilight seemed so worried or confused about something, and that look she gave me before I closed the door. Was she trying to warn me about something, or does she know something bad is going to happen? Fluttershy bumped into Mach and look ahead of him wondering why they stopped. Rainbow had turned around and stopped; she didn't say anything but she did look nervous and kept looking in different directions.

“Is something wrong?” Mach asked.

“No why would something be wrong?” Rainbow asked back.

“Then why did we stop?” Butterfly asked.

“Just...wanted to make sure everyone is alright.” Rainbow answered looking around again. Mach and Butterfly looked at each other confused then looked at Fluttershy. After a silent sigh Rainbow turned back around and started flying towards Ponyville. Mach and Butterfly shrugged and followed Rainbow, Fluttershy flew up to Rainbow, worried about her.

“Is something wrong Rainbow?”

“Well, not really. I promise by this time tomorrow everything will be answered. “Rainbow picked up some speed. Fluttershy knew that when Rainbow flew faster that meant she did want to talk about it anymore. The rest of the flight was filled with awkward silence. Mach and Butterfly would whisper something to each other every once in a while and Rainbow would look back at Fluttershy every few minutes, but that was it. Fluttershy felt relieved when her cottage came into view, and landed outside the door.

“I have to go see Twilight.” Fluttershy said as she opened her wings and started to fly off until Rainbow stopped her.

“But we just got home, don’t you want to rest a little bit.” Rainbow asked. Fluttershy tried to come up with an excuse to go she her, but could only come one with one.

“I…uh..want to go see if the potion is ready.” Fluttershy said in her most seductive voice. Mach and Butterfly made a face and walked into the cottage.

“Just can’t wait can you?”.

“I guess I can’t” . Fluttershy laughed nervously

“Ok come back soon babe,” Rainbow said and kissed Fluttershy. Fluttershy blushed and felt a little hot. She shook it off, smiled and flew off to Twilights house. Rainbow walked in and looked at the foals smiling.

“I’m going to tell you two a secret, but you can’t tell Mom, ok?” Rainbow said.

“Ok," Mach and Butterfly said at the same time.

“It’s about why we stopped today,” Rainbow said. Mach and Butterfly smiled ready to hear their Mom’s secret.

***

“Come on Twilight please,” Spike begged.

“No, we can’t stop now.” Twilight answered

“I can’t stand it.”

“If you can’t stand it, how do you think I feel?”

“At least you’ll be able to sleep tonight.”

“If you're tired enough you’ll fall asleep no matter what.”

Spike sighed knowing he had lost the argument and walked in the kitchen.

“While you’re in there could you get me another cup of coffee?”

“Ya, sure.” Spike replied.

Twilight smiled and got back to her book as she heard a knock on the door. Twilight sighed and flew over to the door and opened it. Fluttershy stood on the other side smiling at Twilight.

“Can I come in for a second?” Fluttershy asked.

“Umm..sure…I guess.” Twilight answered, smiling at her friend. Twilight walked to the main table and sat down, with Fluttershy sitting across from her.

“Is something wrong?” Twilight asked. Fluttershy thought about what to say, and how to ask her question. After a minute of awkward silence Fluttershy started.

“Have you cast any odd magic lately?” Fluttershy asked.

“Odd? Odd in what way?”

“Like magic that can help some pony with a problem they may be having.” Twilight’s eyes grew wide then went back to their normal size.

“No...not lately why do ask?” Twilight laughed a little

“I had an odd dream and I thought maybe you could answer some questions that I had about it.”

“What was your dream about?”

“It wasn't very long it was just you and I talking about a problem I had.”

“What was the problem?”

“I don’t know, I came in after I had already told you my problem.”

“Oh, I don’t know what to tell you then. I’m sorry I can't help.”

“I-its ok.”

“Need anything else?”

“No, it’s fine.” Fluttershy started to walk towards the door, but stopped halfway.

“Umm….Twilight.”

“Yes?”

“If I tell you something do you promise not to tell Rainbow or my foals?”

“Sure, what’s on your mind?”

‘I…I…don’t remember anything.”

“What do mean?”

“I mean I don’t remembering marrying Rainbow Dash, I don’t remember having my foals, I don’t remember moving all my animals to that island, I don’t remember anything.”

"I guess you haven't told Rainbow and your foals yet.”

"I haven't, I tried a few times today, but every time I did, its almost like I lost my voice." Fluttershy shook her head and started to cry quietly. Twilight walked over to her and hugged her.

“You’re going to be ok Fluttershy. Maybe you just have amnesia or something."

“Am-amnesia?”

“Yes, it's nothing to worry about. Your memory will come back in time.”

"Really?"

"Yes, just go home, get some sleep and see if you remember anything in the morning."


"O-ok, I'll see you tomorrow." Fluttershy smiled and walked out the door. Twilight closed the door and let out a heavy sigh. She quickly took a spell book and started flipping through it.

"Who was that?" Spike asked coming out of the kitchen.

"Fluttershy." Twilight answered.

"Oh, how is she doing."

"It’s wearing off."

"Already? It shouldn't start wearing off until tomorrow."

"I know, but it is,"

"But won't that cause trouble,"

"Well, she can't really do anything about, there's nothing anypony can do about it., but I would like the spell to keep working."

"So it’s going to be fine either way?"

"Yes, it will be fine."

"Is everything ready for tomorrow?"

"Yes, Princess Luna should be showing up any moment now."

Fluttershy flew through the dark sky smiling as she neared her cottage. Slowly she landed and walked into a quiet home. Fluttershy felt a little upset missing the noises of animal rushing to greet her. As she closed the door she heard somepony coming down the stairs, looking up she saw Rainbow Dash smiling at her.

"Rainbow Dash is better than any animal." Fluttershy thought to herself before blushing and shaking that thought away.”Why do I keep thinking about things like that?"

"So I guess it wasn't ready?" Rainbow asked

"What wasn't ready?" Fluttershy asked back.

"The potion."

Fluttershy looked her confused, not sure what she meant at first.

"Oh, no it's not ready yet."

"Oh, ok." Rainbow looked a little disappointed. "Well, I just put Mach and Butterfly to bed, they fell asleep right away."

"Flying all that way must have took a lot out of them." Fluttershy said. Rainbow nodded in agreement and walked closer to Fluttershy and kissed her.

"You tired Shy?"

"A little bit"

"Well lets go to bed we can...cuddle if you want."

"I'll be right up." Fluttershy walked into the kitchen and got a glass of water, for some reason the thought of getting in bed with Rainbow was getting her very excited and her body was getting hot again. Fluttershy drank her water hoping it would cool her down a little. She slowly walked up the stairs and into her bedroom, where Rainbow laid waiting for her.

"Come on, Shy." Rainbow opened her arms and smiled . Fluttershy climbed into bed and into Rainbows arms as Rainbow held her close . Fluttershy cuddled into Rainbow and closed her eyes drifting off to sleep

"I really don't love Rainbow...even though she is soft, and kind of cute.