• Published 25th Mar 2012
  • 991 Views, 25 Comments

The Chronicles of Star Well - Eragon5055



Star Well finally decides to go to Ponyville. This somehow leads to a war.

  • ...
 25
 991

Battle at Ponyville: part 2 (Ch. 8)

Chapter 8: Battle at Ponyville, part dos


Between the magic blasts, the metal stars, and the flying rocks, She-Who-Stalked-Silently's agitation grew. 'This mission would be so much easier if I could just kill them all.' Silent surveyed the field as she continued to parry the assault. The rainbow maned pony appeared incapacitated from her little stunt a few seconds while the purple one stood in front of her protectively, firing magic projectiles at the mantis. These too were her targets and she had been given profiles on these two as well as their respected talents.

The blue unicorn levitating rocks at her and the pegasus covered in black throwing sharp metal objects at her, She-Who-Stalked-Silently had received no intel on these two. The blue unicorn did not appear to have any sort of military training, judging from his reactions, but according to the general info on unicorns, they had they widest display of abilities which meant that the unicorn might have a trick up his sleeve. The pegasus in black was diffidently the bigger threat. It was clear that the pegasus was trained for battle and was armed. This pony was fast enough on foot to parry her initial attack and get away from her while defending three oblivious civilians, would be even more trouble if the pegasus decided to take flight.

These two were not targets. These two were disposable. Silent grinned as she prepared to take out the biggest obstacle in her way.

....................

Star saw the monster grin as it suddenly leapt with lightning speed at ninja. The pony clad in black was caught off guard with the speed of the attack and barely parred with the blade in her mouth.

As the two struck and parried in a flurry of blades, neither he or twilight could find an opening which to fire without a chance to accidently hit their mysterious savior, which turned out to be an alicorn-send as he was running out of rocks in his immediate area to throw. He looked over to Twilight and Dash to see how they were fairing. Twilight had taken this opportunity to more closely examine Rainbows injuries. The mare was singed and was slowly recovering from the crash, but otherwise seemed fine and would be back in action in a few minutes.

Star Well then turned over to the action and realized that they might not have a few minutes. While the pony in black was most certainly able to keep up with the mantis's speed, there was one clear difference, strength. The mantis was overpowering her with every strike, and Star saw that the pegasus was counter striking less and less do to the strain parrying the heavy blows from the mantis. With every strike, the ninja lost ground an was slowly being pushed back into a wall of a nearby building.

Star started galloping full speed toward the fray. Star had no idea what he was going to do but he knew if the battle continued as it was going, the ninja was going to lose and lose in the most permanent of ways.

Then the battle took another turn for the worst. The mantis managed to knock the ninja's weapon out the pegasus's mouth and fling it to the side. The mantis grinned in victory and raised its bladed arm for a final strike. There was no time to think as the blade swung down at the pegasus, threatening to end the ninja's life. Star jumped in front of the blade and pushed the pegasus in black away. Star then felt searing pain as the blade struck his side.


The council was finally under way with everypony present. Princess Celestia looked around the table that was set up for the meeting and watched as the council members sat silently talking amongst themselves. The first two ponies on her left were Prince Blueblood, the representative of the nobles of the city, and Commonwealth, longtime rival and representative of the mid-class citizens. The two were quietly arguing about something for the umpteenth time and Celestia did not care to know what it was now.

In front of her sat Kage Shem, the grandmaster of Equestria's only surviving ninja clan, though only Celestia knew this. Officially he was known as Head Advisor of Equestria and whose job was to inform her of the on-goings of the various cities. He was the oldest member of the council and he had his clan spread throughout Equestria to form a wide connection of spies to inform him of any major threats to Equestria that were forming inside the country. There had been no major uprising in Equestria since founding, and his run as grandmaster had been rather quiet and uneventful until the return of Nightmare Moon and all the other recent attacks on Equestria. Kage had not been alerted to an army sneaking around Equestria, and that presented another worry for Equestria. An entire army was able to move through her borders without setting off any early warning system.

The elderly grey pegasus chatted with the last two members of the council, Shining Armor and Princess Luna. Princess Celestia cleared her throat and everypony quieted down as she began to speak. "I have reason to believe that there are spies for our enemies in our fair city's higher workings."

"Your majesty, what makes you believe this to be so?" Kage asked, his stern expression never changing.

"Our enemy simply knew exactly where to hurt us. I also have reports from several eyewitnesses as well as my own that lead me to believe that the enemy was in the city before the attack. They knew confidential information like the location of most of Captain Shining's glyphs as well as all radio towers, civilian and military. They destroyed the cities major defense and all means of communications all within the first thirty minutes. Most importantly they manage to bypass enchantments that I made myself and steal the Elements of Harmony. This attack was well planned and very informed."

Commonwealth spoke up, "Fellow ponies working with those... those things? That's hard to believe."

"If there are traitors in our mists, they would most likely be in the guard." stated Blueblood. "The Royal Guard would have easy access to all that information."

"None of my officers are traitors, Blueblood." snarled Shining, "I have known most of them for years and hoof picked the rest. I can personally vouch for each one of them."

"How am I supposed to trust a the word of a commoner, Captain. And you will address me with my proper title, Prince Blueblood"

"Are you trying to pick a fight with me. Because if your are, I be delighted to oblige you."

"And get my hooves dirty with the blood of a commoner, I think not. I for one am actually civilized."

"Blueblood..." growled Shining.

"Enough!" shout Celestia. Both parties turned to face her, "Blueblood, when you insult the Captain of my Royal Guard, you insult me. When I chose a pony for the position I chose a pony with great valor, dedication, and the ability to lead and I will not discriminate based on heritage. Shining, or actions shame my decision. I expect an apology from both of you to each other and an apology to me after the meeting."

Both ponies looked at each other and begrudgingly backed down. Princess Luna then finally spoke-up, "Sister, what shall we do about our situation then."

"Searching for the traitor right now would put us at a disadvantage as ponies would be second guessing each other, weakening our defenses. Neither can we sit here in this castle and wait for the enemy to attack. The city as been compromised and until we catch their spies and get them to tell us how much information they gave to our enemy, we must assume that the castle is compromised as well. We must first establish a safe position to defend as well as get set up communication with the rest of Equestria so we can round-up our forces."

"Sister, you surely can't mean to abandon the castle! Where would we even go?"

"Princess Celestia!" exclaimed Blueblood, "We can't go out there, we would be sitting ducks! I will not stand for it!"

The rest of the council started stating their own concerns when Celestia hushed them. "Yes, I understand your concerns, but I am afraid this is necessary. Our enemy knew all about our city's defenses and it would be a safe bet that they know all of our plans to defend the castle. I also agree that it would be foolish to travel outside the city through conventional means, that would just gave the enemy an open invitation to attack us. No, I am afraid we are going to have to travel by unconventional means."


She-Who-Stalked-Silently was surprised by the actions of the blue pony. She did not think they had the capability of such noble sacrifices, noble and foolish. According to her dossier, unicorns were supposed to be the most intelligent of the three types, but Silent made a mental note that this was diffidently not the case. Still, that was one pony at of the way. The pony in black clothing also seemed surprised by the actions of the unicorn and quickly threw more of the sharp metal objects at Silent as she tried to drag the blue-one to safety. She-Who-Stalked-Silently effortless knocked the stars away and delivered a swift kick to the tired pegasus.

The sudden violent defeat of one of their comrades at left both of her targets to stunned to react. Killing the blue-one was not apart of her contract, but it would certainly help her goals. It was evident by their reactions that these ponies had not seen true battle, they had not witness a death of a comrade. Most would go into shock, or go into a fit of rage, both reactions would serve her purpose and make this job easier. The most compelling reason to her though would be that she needed an outlet for all the aggravations she had to endure for this mission and killing this pony would most certainly bring her some relief.

The mantis brought up her blade for the killing blow on the wounded unicorn. Glee radiated from her as she started to bring down her blow. Lightning then stuck her gauntlets, sending electricity throughout her body and with it, searing pain. The attack made her fly backward and land on her side. Anger reignited in the mercenary. She got up and turned to face the pony that dared to strike her. Standing before her was a light blue unicorn mare in a cape and a hat with stars decorated on them.

"No one harms one of Trixie's subordinates and gets away with it. Prepare to be bested monster by the Great and Powerful Trixie!"