• Published 20th May 2014
  • 8,086 Views, 169 Comments

Champion of Equestria - Buddy Hooves



In a world of talking equines, one man must learn adjust to his new life as one of them. All while trying to control strange powers he has yet to understand.

  • ...
34
 169
 8,086

Chapter 15: Couldn't get away

".... And so, Flithy Rich, I will allow you to have some of the area around the Everfree Forest as the site for your new store." Twilight said from her throne. "But NO more then ten acres."

"Thank you, your majesty. You're very wise for your age." Filthy Rich said with a bow. "You won't regret this, I promise."

You're only happy because you're getting your way with this. Twilight thought to herself, huffing as Filthy Rich left the throne room. Flithy Rich had plans to build a new super store, a "Mall" close to Ponyville where ponies could do their one stop shopping. Twilight was worried that it would effect the smaller shops in the town, but Filthy Rich assured her that alot of his products will come straight from them. He planned to make deals with all the shops and little stalls to supply him with their goods, and any money made on said items they would get a fair cut. Hearing that made Twilight feel better, knowing that all the shops would still be making money even if the new store opened up. She was even happier knowning that places like Sugarcube Corner or Sweet Apple acres would benefit the most from the deal, as the store planned to have a big food section.

Once the room was empty except for her, Spike and the guards by the door, Twilight finally let out a long sigh. What a long day of work. She thought. She had been seen citizens of Ponyville all morning, and the crowd was finally winding down. "Guards, close the throne room up and tell everypony that I will not be seeing anypony else today." Twilight ordered to the guards.

"At once, your majesty." They said before leaving the room to tell the other guards.

"Uuuuunnnnghhh!" Twilight moaned, now that it was just her and Spike.

"Busy day." Spike confirmed.

"Ever since I became a princess in a shiney new castle, everypony and their mother have been coming to me and asking me for favors or to solve their problems." Twilight whined. "I don't know how princess Celestia does it."

"Well, she has had a thousand years of practice with it." Spike pointed out.

"True." Twilight giggled as she stood up from her throne. "What do you say we get outta here and go get some shakes?"

"Sounds good to me." Spike said with a smile, following her as they walked out of the throne room.

As they passed through the halls, they came upon Flash Sentry and some of the other guards. He was busy giving them orders and going through the procedures of how to protect Ponyville. Once he saw Twilight walking by, he ordered the guards to go to their post and walked over to her.

"Afternoon my lady." He said with a smile, as he gave her a little bow. "Heading out to see your friends again?"

"Yeah." Twilight replied with a smile. "I've had enough of being kooped up in this place."

"I understand my lady." He said with a nod. "Do you need me to send an escort with you?"

"That won't be necessary, Flash." She said, waving a hoof dismissively. "We're just walking around Ponyville. It's not like we have anything to w..."

Just then the main hallway doors flew open as Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Fluttershy rushed in, worry was on all their faces. They stopped infront of Twilight, Spike and Flash Sentry, and Twilight knew something wasn't right.

"What is it girls?" She asked worried.

"Mark's in trouble!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed.

"What?"

"It's true. Applebloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo ran to me and Rainbow Dash at the farm and told us he was." Applejack confirmed. "They said they were playing with Mark, when a group of griffons attacked him. He told the girls to find us while he held them off."

"I can't believe it. A group of griffons?" Twilight asked.

"We've been hearing reports of a small band of griffon mercenaries lately." Flash Sentry confirmed.

"Where are the girls now?"

"Ah left them back at the farm with Granny Smith." Applejack replied. "The poor things were scared outta their minds!"

"I can't believe some griffons would wish to harm Mark." Fluttershy said. "He hasn't done anything wrong."

"Griffons are mean meanie heads!" Pinkie Pie answered her.

"I agree with Pinkie Pie." Rarity said. "That Gilda we met was completely rude."

"Alright girls, no time to waste. Mark needs us!" Twilight proclaimed. The others gave her a confirming nod. "Flash, get a small band of your best guards together. If these griffon mercenaries are as tough as I think they are, I want to be ready."

"Yes you highness!" He said, before flying down the hall.

"Wait, where's Rainbow Dash?" Twilight asked, as she looked around at her friends.

"Ah sent her along to help Mark while Ah got us all together." Applejack said.

"Good thinking, Applejack." Twilight confirmed. "Now let's hope we're not too late to make a difference!"


"What's the matter little pony, run outta steam?" Snow Feather mocked as he and the other griffons surrounded me.

"Not very bright, running all the way out here." Gilda said with a cocky smirk. "There's nowhere for you to go!"

"Kiss my ass!" I yelled at them. Saddly, she was right. In my panic, I run to Ghastly Gorge, hoping that I could find a cave or something to hide in. What I didn't count on was the place being like the Grand Canyon, with no way to climb down. Now I was at standing over it's cliff, with three griffon assholes wanting me dead.

"I'm going to enjoy watching you die." Dark Claw said as he flexed his claws, ready to mess me up. "You've been nothing but a pain in my feathers, and I can't wait to shut you up."

After running my ass tired getting here, I had no chance to try to take them on in a straight fight. My only hope was to stall them and hope the girls got Twilight and the others. Or my ass was grass. Maybe I can trip them up into making a mistake, and give me a chance to get away. I thought. If there was one thing I was good at, it was pissing people off. And these fools had plenty of ammo for me to use against them. Just hope this works.

"Some mercenaries you guys turned out to be," I began. "It takes three of you to take out one stallion? Not very effective if you ask me."

That got their attention. Old blacky was fuming so bad he looked like he might blow a gasket.

"We're the best at what we do!" Gilda exclaimed.

"Yeah, you just got lucky is all." Snow Feather said.

"Whatever! All this effort to bring in one pony to your boss. He must have really paid you quiet a bit to put up with all of this." I remarked.

"That's not for you to know." Dark Claw said, giving me an icey stare.

"Ooooooohhh! All secret-y! Big fucking deal. So what, are you this guy's retrievers or what? 'I want Mark, bring me Mark.... fetch!' Is it something like that? Or are you guys just such losers you don't have a life of your own, so you became his go-for-bitchs?"

"Your getting on my last nerve!" Dark Claw yelled.

"Oh boo fucking hoo! Like I give a shit! I thought griffons were a proud race of warriors and flyers, not a bunch of stupid ass pigieons!" I yelled at them.

That did it. Dark Claw was so mad his whole face was red. "HOW DARE YOU?! YOU STUPID, WEAK, ANNOYING PONY!" He screamed. "I'm Dark Claw! Leader of the Talon Warriors, and son of the great warrior Deathbeak! I've won countless battles and have spilled mor..."

Now's my chance!

With Dark Claw droping his guard yacking, I took the opportunity to make my move. Using all my strength and speed, I ran straight at him, knocking him to the ground. With him out of the way, and the other griffons stunned by my action, I took the chance to bolt. Holy shit! I can't believe that just worked! Now I've just gotta get outta here and..

"Aaaaggghhh!" I cried out as Gilda tackled me to the ground. They recovered much faster then I thought. I was only able to run a good ten to twelve feet before she pinned me to the ground. Shit! That didn't work. I cursed to myself as Dark Claw got back up and him and Snow Feather walked towards us.

"Hold him up." Dark Claw calmly commanded. Gilda and Snow Feather pulled me on my hooves, both holding me on each arm.

"Arf, arf, good dogs." I muttered as Dark Claw walked up infront of me.

Wham

He punched me straight into the gut, knocking the wind right out of me.

"Thought you could get away from us, did you?" He asked, giving me a wicked smile.

Pow

He punched me so hard in the face that my head snapped back. I tasted blood in my mouth and tears welled up in my eyes.

"What's the matter? Got no more funny words to say anymore?"

Bam

"No more quick little quips?"

Wack

"Say something now, dammit!" Dark Claw screamed into my face. Holding my head up by digging his claws into my head and holding it up. Tears ran down my face, and blood was coming out of my mouth and nose.

I was barely conscious. I had never taken a beating like this before. Back on earth, I had been in a few fights, sure. But usually I'd end up pushing my opponent, or tackling them to the ground before someone would come along to break up the fight. I've been hit in the face before, but only once or twice. And never so hard. But Dark Claw wanted me dead, and with the other griffons holding me, I was helpless.

"Let him go." Dark Claw said coldly. The other ones let go of my arms and took a step back. It took all I had just to stay on my own hooves without falling over.

Th-wham

A hard right hook sent me face first on the floor. I moaned in pain as my vison flashed white and pain shoot all through me. My whole face filt numb, and whatever strength I had to escape was long gone. Too bad for me, he wasn't finished with me yet.

Crack

A hard kick connected into my ribs and sent me rolling a few times. I screamed in pain as I curled up into a ball, the pain was too much for me to take. My ribs.... I think he... cracked a rib.... I thought as I coughed up some blood. But before I could worry about if I had internal bleeding or whatever, Dark Claw was standing right next to me.

"Don't die just yet. I'm not done with your sorry ass just yet." He said, before he started kicking me. "I'm going to make you pay!" He yelled at me as continued to stomp on me time after time.

Time ceased to exist, as all I could think or feel was white hot pain. Ever time he'd bring his huge lion foot down on me, a new wave of pain shot through me. My vison blured and my head started spinning as all I could do was wimper as he kicked me. I... I just can't.... can't believe this is how.... how...I'm...going to....

Suddenly, Dark Claw stopped as he screamed in pain, and I heard a small 'thunk' land near us. I looked up with tear blurred eyes to see him holding his head in pain, as a pretty big rock was right next to us. Turning my head to the side, I quickly saw who was responsible throwing it. Two mares stood not far from us, looking at the griffons with determined looks. One was a light green unicorn, who's horn was glowing in magic as she hovered another rock near her. The other was a creamed colored earth pony with funky purple and pink hair.

"Leave him alone!" the unicorn demanded. "Or I'll use a bigger rock next time."

Hey... I remember...them. I weakly thought, my head still spinning from all the pain. It's those one crazy mares I saw at the festival. What are they doing here?

"Run....get...outta here." I weakly muttered.

Dark Claw quickly recovered from the little surprise attack. Sporting a nice little bump on the side of his head. He snarled as he stared right at them, with rage full in his eyes.

"Don't just stand there you fools! GET THEM!!" Dark Claw yelled at the other two griffons.

"Right!" Gilda said, before her and Snow Feather flew straight at the two mares.

"Oh no..." The cream colored earth pony said before turning to bolt. However, she wasn't fast enough as Gilda flew right at her and scooped her up. Landing while holding her by her arms.

Snow Feather had a little more difficulty getting his target. The green unicorn threw her rock right at him, hitting him right between the eyes. He fell onto the ground, and skided to a halt right next to her, knocked out cold. The unicorn turned and saw that her friend was already caught, sending a look of fear across her face.

"Leave Bon Bon alone!" She cried, readying her magic to lift another rock at Gilda.

"Good help is so far to find now a days." Dark Claw said, before he leaped into the air and was standing infront of the unicorn in a flash. She froze as he loomed over her, giving her an icey stare.

"Lyra, run!" Her friend, Bon Bon, said while squirming in Gilda's grasp.

"So... Lyra, was it? What made you come all you way out here?" Dark Claw asked, giving her an evil smirk.

"We were trying to he..."

Wham

He smacked her so hard across the face that she fell to the ground. Seeing that filled me with rage, dispite my whole body throbing with pain.

"Lyra!" Bon Bon cried out. Tears filling her eyes and worry covered her face as she saw her friend stricken down to the ground.

"Lea.... Leave her alone." I weakly yelled at him as I moved myself around enough so I was at least sitting up. It took all I had just to do that, as my body was still throbing in pain.

"What made you think you could come here and hit me with a rock?!" He yelled down at Lyra, as she looked up at him while holding her red cheek.

"You were hurting our friend, Mark. We had to do something." Lyra said back at him. Tears may have filled her eyes, but she stared him down all the while. I respected her for that.

"Oh, I see. You were helping your friend." He calmly said, before he grabbed her by the neck and held her at to his face. "Do you have any IDEA who we are?! We're mercenaries! We were hired to take this worthless stallion in, by any means necessary."

"Let her go, asshole!" I yelled, trying to stand on wobbly legs. "This is between us. Leave the girls alone." Now I was pissed. Pain or no pain, nopony hurts a girl while I'm around. Growing up, I always hated hearing about wife beaters or men abusing women. It made me sick. I wanted to take those assholes in a field and shoot them all in the head! I could feel some of the pain die down as the famliar ball of magic inside me was flaring up.

"No can do." He said, turning to glance at me before looking back over to her. "These mares interfered with our job, and must be taught a lesson."

"You're a bully!" Bon Bon yelled, trying get herself free from Gilda. Snow Feather was still out of it as he layed on the ground, soft moans escaping his beak. At least it was one less griffon to deal with.

"No, we're the superior race. Not you weakass ponies! If it wasn't for your stupid Princesses and lame magic, us griffons would have taken you over ages ago."

"Yeah, you tell them boss." Gilda said with a smug look.

"You ponies are nothing without your precious magic." Dark Claw laughed as he looked at Lyra's horn.

"Eat Hydra shit." Lyra said before spitting right in his face.

"THAT'S IT! I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF YOU DAMN PONIES!!!" He screamed before shooting straight up to the air and hovering over Ghastly Gorge. "You want to help your friend so much, you can share his fate!"

No, don't tell me he plans on...

"Don't do it!" I screamed. But it was no use.

"let's see your magic help you now!" Dark Claw said to Lyra, before letting go of her neck. She screamed as she fell high from above, at a fast rate.

"LYRA!!!!" Bon Bon screamed as tears flowed down her cheeks.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I screamed.

I felt a sudden wave of energy, as every fiber of my being screamed 'save her'. Jumping in the air, I soon found myself shooting straight in the air, the green glowing aura burning bright around me. Holy shit! I'm doing it, I'm flying! I thought to myself, excited at what I was doing. However, I didn't have time to bask in my little trick, as Lyra was falling faster and faster to the bottom of the gorge. Picking up speed, I pushed myself as hard as I could, trying to reach her before she hit the ground. Come on, come on... It was coming down to the wire as we were close to the ground, but I was a few inches from touching her. Almost there.... YES! At the last moment, I was able to grab ahold of her by her arm pits, and pulled up at the last second before we hit the ground.

Flying back up from the gorge, we landed back on the side of the cliff, not far from the others. Gilda had long since let go of Bon Bon, and they both were watching us with opened jaws. Dark Claw was still in the same spot in the air, looking like he was about to have a meltdown at what he just saw.

"Lyra!" Bon Bon yelled, as she raced to where we were and wrapped her arms around her friend as soon as I let go of her. "I thought I lost you forever! Thank you, Mark. Thank you!" She said, as she sobbed in Lyra's shoulders.

Looking back up Dark Claw, rage and dark thoughts flooded my mind as I felt the energy around me burn brighter. That son of a bitch! I'm going to make him pay! I wanted to rip his head off and shove it up his ass! I wanted to rip him limb from limb and use his talons as back scratchers. I want to pound on this guy until he was nothing more then a red pile of mush. I couldn't help but grin as thought after evil thought filled my mind on what to do to him, and it was all the more pleasing because the magic inside me was kicked on at full throttle.

"Time to go Kaioken on his sorry ass!" I said with a grin before jumping back into the air.

"Kaio-what?!" Both girls said as they watched me fly into the air.

After all the pain, all the fear and worry he caused me and my friends, I was going to pay him back ten fold! The look on his face was priceless as I charged at him at full speed, with out stretched arms, and slammed both my hooves right in his face. The blow knocked him back, as he tried flapping his wings in a mad attempt to stay in the air. As he got himself to hover back in place, I was already making a U-turn in the air and coming back for another attack. Just couldn't believe the power and speed I now had! It was like everything was in slow mode while I had about twenty Red Bulls, I was just so damn fast. Plus the fact that all the pain in body was gone now, so that was good seeing as I could still feel my wounds. Just couldn't feel the pain.

Dark Claw was just starting to ready himself for another attack, when I slammed into him again. This time hitting him in the gut as I used my momentum to send him sailing into the air. Like a rocket, he went sailing straight down into the side of the gorge wall and hit it with a loud THOOM. He was embedded into the gorge wall, moaning in pain as he tried to shake the cobwebs from his head. While he grunted and tried to pull himself from the stone wall, I lowered myself down until I was hovering just infront of him.

"How does it feel, fucker? Getting smacked round like the bitch you are?" I said with a wicked smirk.

"You damn worthless pony! How are you able to fly? How could YOU be stronger then me?!" He yelled at me in anger.

"You're nothing but a rude bully. And buddy, I got news for you. Sooner or later bullies always run into someone stronger then them!" I stated.

"YOU LITTLE SHIT, YOU'RE NOT STRONGER THEN ME!!!" He screamed at me. "I'm one of the most skilled griffon warrior and tracker in all of Equestria! You're nothing but a stupid stallion!"

"And yet who's stuck on the canyon wall?" I asked with a laugh.

"RRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

Filled with frustration and blinded by rage, he pulled himself out of the wall and flew right at me. Swinging wildly. But again, he seemed to be moving in slow-mo, so I just moved to the side, grabbed his punching arm, and flew straight up. Once we was above the canyon part of the gorge, I borrowed a page from Mario 64, and spinned around and around until slowing down just enough to control my throw.

"So long big Bowser!" I mocked, as I let go and watch him sail in the air before slamming right into the ground near the others. He skidded a good ten feet before coming to a halt, dust kicking up everywhere. As everyone else looked on in amazment, I was already landing to prepare for my next attack. Once the dust cleared, Dark Claw was laying in the ground, moaning in pain, while the mares and Gilda looked on. Snow Feather was just now starting to stir again.

"You.... little.... shit." Dark Claw grunted in pain, as he strained just to sit up right.

"Oh how the tables have turned." I laughed as I slowly made my way to him. "Death is to good for you. No. I'm going to make you suffer. I'm gonna break your arms. I'm gonna break your legs. I'm going to break your wings! I'm gonna rip out your tongue and poke your eyes out! And then, you'll spend the rest of your life regreting the day you EVER CROSSED PATHS WITH ME!!!"

At first, I reveled at the look of sear terror he was giving me. But then as I glanced to my side, I froze in place. Sure, Gilda and Snow Feather was looking at me in fear, I could handle that. They deserved to be afraid of me! But when I saw Lyra and Bon Bon a lump hit my throat. They were holding each other and shaking in fear, with tears rollong down their face. It's me. They're afraid of me! I realized. Blinded by my rage, I let my dark side take over me. And I realized what I said and what I was about to do in my anger.

"I... I'm sorry girls." I said turning to face them with a look of regret. I could feel my rage and my magic energy dieing, but I didn't care. I made my point, and I wanting to let the girls know I wasn't gonna hurt them. "I didn't mean to scare you. My temper just got the better of me."

That got them to relax a little, as they stopped shaking in fear and were slowly letting go of each other. Phew! That's good. The last thing I wanted them to think was that I was a bad guy. "Are you girls okay?" I asked.

The both shook their head. "We... we're fine." Bon Bon said.

"Good. I was afraid that I aAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!" I screamed in pain, falling to the floor and curling up in a ball. With the rush of power and adrenaline gone from my body, all the pain in my body came back with a vengence. My body was in such pain, I thought I was going into shock.

"Mark!" The girls yelled before running over to me. They stood next to me, looking at me, worried.

"What's wrong?" Lyra asked.

"He's in pain. I think all that fighting really messed him up." Bon Bon stated. "Mark, say something."

"Uuuunnngghhh!" I moaned in pain. I was hurting so bad that I couldn't even talk. Let alone get up from the ground.

Unfortunately, this moment was all the time Dark Claw needed to get back to his feet. He took one good look at me and started busting up laughing. Great! I should have finished him when I had the chance.

"Looks like our little 'Mega Mark' has ran out of steam!" He chuckled, as he now walked slowly towards me. "Not so tough now, are you?!"

"Leave him alone!" Lyra yelled at him, standing ready to fend him off. Bon Bon wrapped herself around me, like a pony shield, to protect me from harm. This only made Dark Claw laugh more.

"Gilda, Snow Feather. If you please." He said, pointing at the two mares.

Gilda and Snow Feather was on them in a flash. Grabbing them by the arms, they lefted them off the ground and away from me. Now with nothing to block his path, Dark Claw continued walking towards me, and of course, straight out of the villian handbook, he starts monologuing!

"I must say, Mark.... you are quiet the prey. Never had I faced anyone so annoying and yet so skillfull in all my life. Now I understand why our client wants you so badly. That strange power you have is amazing! And in the right hands, they could be used to take over all of Equestria!"

So that's what this is all about, my powers from that crystal! I realized. Who ever sent these crazy fuckers must have also been the same one who sent that rock golem on Ponyville. Duhh! I all ready thought as much, but him saying it totally confirmed it.

As he drew closer to me, a wicked smile formed on his face, the serial killer kind. Was this what I looked like a moment ago? He held up his arm and started flexing his claws. "You fought well in battle, but I'm afraid your skills are sadly lacking. Putting you down would be a favor to the world!" Stopping in front of me, he towered over me as he raised his arm high over his head, claws ready to strike me. "Time to make YOU suffer!" He yelled.

"AAAAAHHHHHHGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" I screamed as he brought his claws down on me again and again. Fresh pain shot through me as his claws sliced into my flesh and I could feel my blood running down my cuts.

"Stop it! You're killing him!!" Lyra screamed.

"That's the point!" He screamed at her. "First I put him out of his out of his misery, then I plan to deal with you two."

"You monster!" Bon Bon cried.

"P...ple.... please...." I begged, looking up at Death Claw. Trying my best not to pass out from all the pain. "Do... don't hurt.... the.... the girls."

"Sorry, but no can do." He grinned. "The were dumb enough to get involved, so they can pay the price. Don't want to leave any witnesses." He said looking at them with an evil smirk, before looking back at me. "Now... to finish you off."

He laughed as he raised his arm again, my blood dripping from his claws. "Say goodbye!!"

Out of instinct, I raised my arm to block the fatal blow. But faster then my woozy and tired mind could compute, a small flash of energy flashed through me and a blast of green energy shot through my hoof. The energy hit him so hard and with enough force that he went sailing high in the air and fell right into the gorge.

"Dark Claw!" Gilda and Snow Feather yelled as they released the mares and fell after their leader. That gave me some much needed time, seeing how everything started spinning.

"And.....that's....all....I....g..."

And everything went dark.


"MARK!!!" Lyra and Bon Bon cried out, as they ran to him as fast as he could. Stopping infront of him, a look of worry and fear was on their faces as studied him. His body was covered in wounds. Claw marks ran all over his torso, blood ozzing from his wounds. They weren't too deep, but if left unchecked, he could bleed out. Scuff marks and bruises were also spread acrossed his body. As they looked at his face, they saw one of his eyes were starting to turn black and small traces of blood ran down his nose and mouth.

"Is... is he dead?" Lyra asked, as Bon Bon examine Mark's body.

"No, he's still breathing." Bon Bon sighed, looking at her friend. "But we have to get him outta here and get him to a hospital."

"And fast! Before those griffons come back." Lyra confirmed.

Just as Lyra began using her magic to gently pick Mark up and put him over Bon Bon's back, a scream of rage came from the gorge. Before they could think of running away, the three griffons flew out of the gorge and landed infront of them. The leader, Dark Claw, looked at them with a look of pure rage.

"YOU'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!" He screamed before jumping straight at them, claws out stretched. Just as he was about to reach Bon Bon and the unconscious Mark, a speeding rainbow blur slammed right into him. Knocking him into the ground. The streak of rainbow circled around in the air again, before stopping right above Lyra, Bon Bon and Mark.

"It's Rainbow Dash!" Lyra said, smiling as she pointed up at Dash.

Rainbow Dash gave her a quick nod before turning her attention back towards the griffons, a mean look on her face as she stared at them. "You leave my friends alone!" She yelled at them. As she looked at the griffons, a look of surprise shot across her face as she saw a famliar female one. "Gilda?" She asked.

"Oh great! Another pony!" Snow Feather exclaimed, looking up at Rainbow Dash.

"Don't worry guys, I got this." Gilda said before flying up into the air . As she hovered in the air, her and Dash exchanged words. Everybody on the ground wasn't able to hear them, but their body motions made it clear. They were NOT happy to see each other again. They both yelled something at each other, before Dash flew off, with Gilda hot on her hooves. While those two flew around Ghastly Gorge at lightning speeds, Dark Claw and Snow Feather turned their attention back to the two mares.

"Looks like it's just us again." Dark Claw smirked, as they began making their way towards them.

"Stay away!" Lyra screamed. Her horn glowed bright, as tons of pebbles and rocks hovered in the air around her. "Take this!" She cried out, before tossing them all the griffons.

They yelped and screamed as rock after rock hit them all over their bodies. A few big ones landed good hits on their heads and guts, causing them to stumble and almost fall on the ground. The barrage of rocks lasted for afew minutes, but soon the ammo of rocks ran out. Lyra panted heavily as her legs wobbled a bit. She never had pushed her magic so hard before, and the effort had left incredibly tired. The grffons were stunned for a moment, as hundreds of cuts, scrapes, and bruises covered their bodies. But before Lyra and Bon Bon could plan what to do next, the griffons had already recovered.

"Nice try." Dark Claw said, continuing to walk towards them. Snow Feather was busy rubbing his bruises on his body. "But now all you've done was insure that I start with you first."

Lyra and Bon Bon could only shake in fear as he came closer to them. Bon Bon had Mark on her back, and wouldn't be able to out run the griffons, and Lyra was too tired to move.

"And now you di..."

Suddenly, a flash of light appeared off to the side of them, causing them all to stop in their tracks. When the flash died down, everyones jaws dropped to the ground. There, standing infront of them, was Princess Twilight. She was standing with her five mare friends, a baby dragon and four armoured stallion guards.

"Just my luck..." Dark Claw muttered.

"Griffons..." Twilight yelled, her tone hateful and her look furious. "You are under arrest!"

Author's Note:

Okay.... Wow! This might be my longest chapter yet. Full of action and suspense, little nods to things I grew up watching. I'm sure you'll get what I'm talking about. Anyway, I hope you don't think it's too soon for Mark to use his powers again. As you read, I hope you notice that he got his butt whooped twice and was only able to use his powers for a bit.
Anyway, hope you enjoy the chapter and I'll post next one as soon as I can.