• Published 8th Feb 2014
  • 1,613 Views, 9 Comments

Worth Something - DashiesFavoriteHuman



Applejack can't save her dying crops and is beginning to feel worthless, can Rainbow Dash convince her differently?

  • ...
15
 9
 1,613

Revealing The Heart

Rainbow Dash could barely stand, her knees weak, her heart beating faster and faster. Her knees shook, as she listened to what Applejack had said, She...loves me? she thought staring at Applejack, "You love me?"

Applejack blushed, "Ah do"

"How long?" Rainbow Dash asked a crack in her voice.

"A while" Applejack replies "Ah just didn't know how to tell you."

Rainbow Dash gulped and took a step toward her friend, her knees still weak, her heart still throbbing, "L-like a...friend?" She knew the answer, she knew what Applejack meant, but part of her didn't want to believe it, part of her wanted it to be just a sisterly love, but the other part, the one she ignored, the one she couldn't listen to, wanted it to be true, that part wanted Applejack to love her, that part loved Applejack, that part was the part she feared. She needs a nudge, she needs something to prove it, something to clear it up, she needs the truth.

"Well..." Applejack started "maybe a bit more than that"

There's the nudge, there's the truth, the words she needed to know, the words she feared but loved, the words she hated but wanted, the words she couldn't handle, the words she couldn't resist.

"How much more?" Rainbow Dash questioned, still in denial.

"How much more? How much more do you need?" Applejack asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I need the truth, just tell me"

"Ah..."

"Tell me the truth...please", Rainbow Dash pushed.

"Ah..."

"Tell me!" Rainbow Dash shouted

"Ah'm in love with you!" Applejack quickly shut her mouth. Had she said too much? Had she gone too far?

Rainbow Dash shook, "In love?", she wanted to react, but how could she? How could she react to news like that? What words could she say to such a thing? She stood there motionless, except for her legs, which trembled.

"Rainbow Dash?" Applejack stepped closer, looking at her legs. She did it, she went too far, she said the wrong thing at the wrong time, she's lost a friend, "Rainbow Dash, Ah'm sorry" her eyes began to water, a catch formed in her throat, "Ah...Ah thought you'd react a bit better, Ah guess not" she backed up, a tear rolling down her cheek, "Ah'm sorry", she turned and ran, tears pouring from her eyes.

Rainbow Dash looked at Applejack leave, "wait" she whispered. A whisper. A whisper is all she could manage, her voice was gone, her breath was taken from her lungs, her words didn't travel, her words stayed there with her, they were alone, they were nothing.

Applejack sat looking at the dead field, her tears still trickling from her eyes. She gazed at the damaged crops trying to think of what she could have said to calm Rainbow Dash down, she tried to come up with a solution, she wanted her friend back. She looks up at the sky, "Ah screwed up" she says, "Ah screwed everything up, what do Ah do? Ah need you" the tears grew stronger, "why did you leave!?" she stood up and looked into the sky "Why did you go!?" she lay down and shut her eyes, now crying, "Ah need you...you would know what to do...you always knew what to do", her voice grew quiet, she couldn't speak, she didn't want to, the sound of the wind was her only companion, "Ah don't know what to do."

Rainbow Dash walked through town thinking about the events that had just taken place. She looked back, partly hoping to see Applejack, part of her wanted her to be running toward her. She looked ahead and continued walking, "I love you too" she repeated. She wanted to say it, she wanted to speak up, she wanted to let Applejack know how she felt, but all she could manage was a whisper, all she could let out was a breath, just a breath. She sighed and looked down at the ground, her eyes blurred with tears, "ugh" she wiped them, "I'm not going to cry" she said to herself, holding her tears, "i'm not going to cry" she repeated. Her lip trembled, her legs shook, her eyes dripped tears and she fell to her knees, "I love you too" she said again, "I wanted to tell you...but...but I couldn't" she cried into the ground, "I couldn't."

Applejack curled up and looked at the sky, the sun was falling, the sky was darkening. A sigh escaped her as she buried her head into her body. She missed the warmth, the beating of her friend's heart, she wanted that again, she needed it. Her place was in the presence of her friend, she belonged there. Her eyes began to shut as the chill of the night brushed past her, tonight was her night, it's her curse. She had nothing in her mind, she had no thoughts, nothing to soothe her, nothing to say, she lay in darkness.

Rainbow Dash looked at the setting sun and took a breath, she shivered as the chilling wind hit her back. She lay her head on the ground, her comfort wasn't there, the one she needed was gone, her side was empty, her mind full, too full to think, too full to stay asleep, her eyes closed. Her mind wanted to dream, she couldn't, she was afraid of what she would see, she was afraid of what her mind would create from the guilt she felt. she had no thoughts, just silence, no breath, no heartbeat, just silence, "I love you, too", she whispered.