• Published 2nd Feb 2014
  • 559 Views, 11 Comments

Dr Whooves: Trouble in Canterlot - FelixTheBrony



The Doctor and his companions have landed themselves in Canterlot. But things might take a turn for the worst.

  • ...
 11
 559

In the Sewers

In the Sewers

“Hold up!” The lead stallion called, holding up his hoof. The others heeded his warning and stuck behind him. He as well as two more men were sent ahead of Applebloom, The Doctor and Ditzy since they were going to get 'reinforcements' in their words.

“What is it?” Another soldier asked, moving up closer. The first one, Flash Point, peered round the corner of the hedge and saw two Earth Ponies standing on either side of a manhole cover.

“It's just a couple of civilians sir.” Flash replied to his superior, Fracture. Fracture nodded and led his two men towards the Earth Ponies.

“Excuse me you two. But the gardens are a restricted right now, we're going to have to ask you to clear off the premises.” The two turned to each other, feigning disappointment.

“Are, but we were just about to have lunch.” Flash Point rose an eyebrow, not noticing a bipedal creature approaching from behind.

“Um...Well you'll just have to eat somewhere else.”

“Oh then you'll have to come with us...” One said, his eyes turning pure black, causing the three to point their spears in shock.

“...because you're on the menu!” The other hissed, fully transforming. The two struck at Flash Point and the unnamed pony as the one creeping from behind struck at the Captain, their cries of terror dying in their throats.


“So how can you be sure that Applebloom won't recognise...you...herself?” The Doctor asked, slightly confused about the situation. Applebloom grinned, lifting her hood over her head, causing her normally yellow fur to turn pitch black.

“Perception filter. Now ta tha unsuspectin' pony eye, Ah'm a black Earth Pony.” She explained as they got to the doors of the TARDIS. “Oh, an' refer ta me as Ambrosia in front o' them. Ah don' wanna draw attention ta maself.”

“Gotcha!” Ditzy replied, winking. The Doctor grinned, rolling his eyes before opening the doors.

“Oh come on!” They heard Spike groan, followed by a filly cheering that she won battleships. “What even is a battleship?”

“Oh hey, look who's back!” Rainbow called, pointing towards the four. “...and they brought a friend?”

“Oh yes...This is Ambrosia. Princess Celestia sent her with us to help against the Krillitanes.” The Doctor replied.

“A pleasure to make your acquaintance.” 'Ambrosia' said in an impeccable Canterlot accent. “I apologise for the disguise, but my face has to remain hidden. For security reasons.”

“Oh wow dear, where did you get that outfit?!” Rarity said, looking over the detailed embroidery on the trimming of the robes. “It's such a lovely and simple design.”

“I'm afraid it's a uniform, dear, I'm afraid I'm not allowed to tell you.” Rarity pouted a little, but simply accepted the answer. She looked over and saw Spike with his arms crossed and Applebloom grinning with a large pile of board game boxes piled up next to them.

“Ah...Good times...” 'Ambrosia' reminisced, grinning a bit. “Ya never did get better wit' tha games Spike...”

“Now that the introduction is out of the way, we need to get to the Canterlot Gardens!” The Doctor declared, jumping up to the control console.

“Um...You might want to hold on to something.” Ambrosia said, clipping a safety harness on the railings. The others all ran to grab something something, not at all trusting The Doctor's driving.

“Here we go!” He exclaimed, pulling down a lever and the trademark whooshing sound accompanied the rumbling.


“He comes! Sir he comes!” Another bat-like creature said to the first Krillitane who appeared to have black skin rather than pink.

“Who comes?”

“The Oncoming Storm! He comes!”

“There is little he can do now!” The black Krillitane smirked, deviously. “We have finally evolved enough and now the night is ours!” The black one said, lifting his palm. Suddenly a black aura surrounded it. “We have their magic!”


The quiet garden's tranquillity was spoiled when a whooshing filled the entire garden as the TARDIS materialised in the centre. Then out came the group of ponies, some holding their hooves over their mouths.

“Where did you learn to drive?!” Twilight asked, heaving a little. The Doctor grinned sheepishly.

“Sorry, I lost the manual in a fire...” He stated, before looking around. “I thought the Princess was sending some of the A.C.U.?”

“What's the A.C.U.?” Pinkie asked. Ambrosia looked at a device in her hoof, shrugging her shoulders.

“The Alien Containment Unit. You don't think The Doctor is the only alien to come to Equestria, do you darling?” She replied, before looking at the manhole cover, leading to the sewers. “Who thought it was a good idea to have a manhole cover right in the middle of the garden?”

“I know, it's so terribly drab!” Rarity agreed. Rainbow rolled her eyes.

“They had to put it somewhere?!” She groaned, not really wanting to get into the whole 'fashion of the garden' thing.

“Well, unfortunately, it looks like this is where we'll find the bats.” Ambrosia said, pointing at the device. “Strong alien reading that isn't The Doctor.”

“Wow! A device that let's you find aliens! That's so cool!” The Doctor said, looking at the box. Ambrosia shrugged, handing it to him.

“Ah you can have it. I make plenty of them. Standard issue for the A.C.U.” Ambrosia replied, opening the manhole cover. Rarity shook a little.

“Ah come on, Rares, Ah'm sure tha Krillitanes won't be tha' bad!” Applejack reassured, the white Unicorn with a one armed hug.

“It's not that dear...Just think of all the dirt and grime and...faeces down there!” She cried, cringing at the thought. Ambrosia rolled her eyes and immediately jumped into the hole.

“Well...guess we follow the leader.” The Doctor grinned. “Allons-y!” He cheered before jumping down. Ditzy giggled before going after him. Rainbow shrugged and went down after her.

Pinkie hopped down, Applejack going next. Big Mac and Twilight followed after. Spike shrugged and followed Twilight, just glad he was taken along on a journey for once.

“Well girls, you know what to do?!” Dinky cheered, before they all grinned together.

“CUTIE MARK CRUSADER ALIEN HUNTERS! YAY!!” They cheered before jumping down after them. Rarity gasped and jumped down after the four children.


“Alright looks like we've reached a dead-end.” The Doctor said, leaning against the wall. There was a four way division in the dank sewer system. “This doesn't make any sense! Why would they come down here?” He muttered to himself.

“Maybe they like the dark?” Ditzy offered, shrugging. “They do look like bats.”

“That doesn't necessarily mean they're nocturnal.” The Doctor muttered again. “Looks like we'll need to split up.”

“Are you sure that's a good idea?” Twilight asked.

“Ooh! Ooh! Bugsy Team Leader!” Pinkie cheered. The Doctor laughed.

“I'll be second leader then. Twilight and Ambrosia can be the third and fourth.” Twilight rolled her eyes.

“Fine then. I pick Rainbow.” Rainbow whooped and stood next to her.

“Alright my turn...I pick Ditzy!” The Doctor said, feeling strangely compelled to pick her. Ditzy let out a happy gasp and a yay.

“Yay! I never get picked this early!” She said, standing next to him.

“My turn! My turn! I choose...Applejack!” Pinkie replied, trying not to be too obvious. Applejack rose an eyebrow and joined her.

“Ah coulda sworn ya woulda picked ma brother.” She whispered, to which Pinkie replied.

“I'll explain later.”

“Okay. I pick Applebloom.” The group was surprised by Ambrosia's pick, but Applebloom still stood by her.

“Um alright. I'll take Big Mac.” Twilight said. Mac shrugged and stood between the cyan and lavender mares.

“I'll pick Dinky.” The Doctor said. Dinky cheered and hopped on her mother's back.

“Oh come on!” Rarity muttered, frustrated.

“Don't worry Rarity, you'll get picked.” Pinkie replied. Rarity looked up a little hopefully, before Pinkie said. “Sweetie Belle.”

“I'll take Spike.” Ambrosia replied. “I work better in a small group.” Applebloom tilted her head, before shrugging as Spike came to join them.

“Scootaloo.” Twilight said as the orange Pegasus cheered and stood next to Rainbow Dash, the rainbow maned Pegasus grinning back.

“See Rarity. Now I pick you.” The Doctor said, Rarity just huffed in response.

“No, you don't pick me. You're stuck with me.” She replied.

“Okay everypony! Pick a tunnel and we'll meet up where we need to be.” Ambrosia said, handing each team leader a walkie talkie. “Simple but effective.” She winked before she took Applebloom and Spike down the first tunnel on the far left. The others just shrugged and each went down their own tunnel.


“So Pinks, explain.” Applejack asked, Sweetie Belle was talking to Scootaloo through the walkie talkie and was, thus, oblivious to the other two.

Pinkie sighed, taking a scroll out of her mane and handing it to her. “This should explain it.” Applejack rose an eyebrow before opening the scroll.

“It's a family...tree...” Applejack said before she read it further. She saw that, somewhere down the line, the Apple family and the Pie family were actually connected.

“I was messing around on the TARDIS console earlier and thought, maybe I could find some past relatives to party with when it's my turn to pick some place to go...” Pinkie's hair drooped down to be flat. “And it spat out that family tree for me. I found the partiers alright...But it told me that we're actually cousins Applejack.”

“Oh wow! This is cool!” Applejack grinned before it hit her.

“Yeah...I'm the weirdo with a crush on her cousin...” She answer Applejack's unspoken question. The orange mare saw Pinkie's sad look and gave her a one armed hug in response.

“Hey, don't y'all worry 'bout tha'. Y'all didn't know we were cousins when ya started liking Mac an' it's lucky ya found out before ya, a dunno, married an' had foals wit' 'im.” She replied, supportively. “An' now ya know, ya don't still like 'im like tha', do ya?”

“Well...Not really...” Pinkie said, her mane starting to poof up again as she giggled. “It's actually kind of funny now that I think about it...” She continued, laughing as her mane and tail, once again poofed out again.

“There ya go. Don't y'all worry 'bout it, Sugarcube.” Applejack finished before laughing herself. Sweetie Belle turned to them, confused.

“What? I don't get the joke.”


“So why did she wan' us ta go wit' her?” Applebloom whispered to Spike as Ambrosia led them down their pathway, holding another device in front of her.

“Cause she knew we would be able to kick flank?” Spike suggested, shrugging. It had been bugging him as well, but he and Applebloom were good friends since she came to the library every so often for books about arts and crafts and cutie marks. She even borrowed a construction book to help rebuild the CMC clubhouse.

“Sure...But as good as Big Mac?” She pointed out, emphasising the name with a kick. “Ah've seen 'im knock full grown trees down...by accident!”

“If you two are trying to talk without me hearing, it's not working.” Ambrosia interrupted in a teasing manner.

“Seriously, the deaf would be able to hear you two...As well as the Krillitane that's been following us for about three minutes!” She exclaimed, pulling another device from under the robe and firing a green energy bolt out of it over the two kids heads, and right into the chest of the pink creature behind them.

It yelped in pain as it fell to the ground, dead. Ambrosia smirked and blew the smoke trail that was emitting from the barrel of the, more visible, hoof gun like device. Applebloom and Spike looked back and forth from the creature, to her again.

“That's bin followin' us this whole time an' y'all only decided ta tell us now?” Applebloom asked, incredulously.

“Trust me, Dear, we wanted to be out of the area we were in first...” She said, turning to continue forward...

...and turned in time for three large claw marks to be scratched right through her throat, tearing her hood off in the process.

Ambrosia clutched at the wound as her blood pooled around it, staring into the eyes of her murderer, the pink, fleshy bat thing in front of her as she fell forward and landed on the ground, her blood pooling around her.

“AHH!!” Applebloom screamed, crouching and hiding behind her hooves. Spike didn't respond, but was struck silent.

The creature, not hungry right now, advanced past the dead pony, moving forward to take out it's next victims.

Spike noticed this, and stepped in front of the yellow filly, ready to protect her if necessary. The Krillitane smirked, claws extended. It screeched and tackled Spike, striking it's claws at his cheek...

...however the claws literally just bounced right off of his dragonic scales as if they were striking titanium.

The Purple dragon noticed this and decided to give the monster a taste of it's own medicine. He pulled his arm back and slashed his claws against the Krillitane's chest.

The beast cried out in pain and jutted back, Spike quickly getting to his feet. As the Krillitane held his chest, it felt something solid connect to the back of it's head with a mighty thunk.

It staggered forward and glanced back, noticing the previously cowering filly holding a metal pipe, that was previously loose on the wall, in her hooves, ready to take another swing.

Just as the creature was going to pounce on her, a green bolt of energy connected to it's temple and it fell to the ground, lifeless.

In shock, the two turned to Ambrosia, who was sitting up in the blood puddle, the three claw marks sealing back up on their own...except the hood of her robe was gone, so the perception filter was no more.

“Wow AB, she looks just like you!” Spike pointing out, noticing the same red mane, yellow fur but most notably, the bright pink bow.

“Spike...Ah think she is me!” Ambrosia, now aware that the hood was gone, grinned sheepishly.

“Ah ha ha...Um...Guilty.” She replied, in her own voice.


“Fascinating...So Princess Celestia raises the Sun and Princess Luna raises the moon? That's incredible!” The Doctor said, enticed by Ditzy and Rarity's explanation of the World of Equestria. “In my dimension they don't rise so much as the Earth orbits around the Sun and the moon around it.”

“If it were that way, I imagine the Princesses would get a lot more free time.” Rarity replied, equally interested in the Doctor's universe...especially since it's apparently law for them to wear clothes. Being obligated to wear her magnificent dresses might be a world she could get used to.

“Yes they would...Maybe we should suggest it! She and her sister must get really tired raising those heavy things everyday.” Dinky said, thinking it as a great idea.

“I'm sure the Princesses are used to it by now, muffin. Besides, too much free time can get boring. Imagine a life where you have nothing to do, sooner or later you would have done everything and you would get really bored, trust me.” Ditzy told her daughter. “Remember when I was unemployed, muffin? I couldn't be motivated to do anything cause I'd already done it or it just wasn't for me. My job gives me a purpose, a sense of being and I'm sure the Princesses feel that way about raising the Sun and Moon.”

The Doctor took the words of the Pegasus in and smiled. “A purpose...A sense of being...But then, what's my purpose? I know I try to protect the worlds I visit...But sometimes I can't. I live as the fear in my foes, The Oncoming Storm. Is that my purpose...” The Doctor contemplated, frowning. “To be feared...”

“Why are you sad Mr. Doctor?” The doctor was shook out of his thoughts when he looked down at Dinky Doo. The little purple Unicorn smiled up at him, sweetly. “Can I help you smile again?”

“That's my purpose! I'm the fear of my foes, but the hope of my friends!” The Doctor reassured himself, smiling brightly at Dinky. “You already have, Dinky. You already have.”


“Ah closed ma eyes fer a second when Ah sneezed an' suddenly Ah was in tha' room.” Big Mac said to the three ponies, who were all listening intently. Twilight had asked what had happened for him to be transported into the Time Room.

“Ouch...Sorry it took us so long, Big Macintosh.” Twilight replied, looking almost ashamed. “If we had maybe taken what the Doctor was saying a bit more seriously at first, we might have been in time to save you...”

“Yeah...We kinda screwed up there and you spent five years in that room.” Rainbow also said, cursing herself under her breath. She had the potential to be out there, staring at the statue in seconds and yet she took her time like an idiot.

Big Mac smiled at them, reassuringly. “Now hey there, Ah don't blame y'all none...Sure Ah was a bit hostile when Ah came outta tha room, but Ah thought y'all abandoned me...Ah didn't know it had only been two hours until Pinkie told me, an' even then Ah didn't believe her until Ah saw tha paper tha next day...” He said, now glancing at Rainbow Dash a little apologetic.

“Sorry Ah snapped at ya in tha house Miss Dash, Ah know Ah did look a bit like a hobo when Ah walked out. It wouldn't 'ave killed those Weepers ta give me a new razor now, would it.” He told her.

“Oh no Mac, no need to apologise...And don't call me Miss Dash, it makes me sound like an old mare. Just Rainbow or Dash, please.” She responded, looking vaguely embarressed.

“Just so you know, you don't need to call me Miss Sparkle either, Mac. We're all friends here. You can just call me Twilight.” The purple Unicorn put in. Mac smiled.

“Alright, if'n it makes y'all two more comfortable...” He paused before looking at Scootaloo who was talking to Sweetie Belle on the walkie talkie.

“I'm sure you don't have to call her Miss Scootaloo, Mac.” Rainbow said, rolling her eyes.

Mac grinned before glancing up...

...and seeing a pink claw reaching towards Rainbow Dash.

“LOOK OUT!” He cried, tackling her to the side as the Krillitane jumped down onto nothing. Twilight used her magic to pull Scootaloo back.

Rainbow looked up at Mac and suddenly noticed their close proximity to each other. “Y'all okay?”

“Better than ever...” She let out, breathlessly as things she hadn't noticed before started to stand out, like his freckles and his calm green gaze.

He nodded and kicked out one of his powerful hind legs, catching one of the Krillitane's legs as well, resulting in a sickening snap to resound through the area.

The Krillitane cried out as it fell and clutched his leg. Mac stood up and looked down at the monster. “Twilight, turn Scootaloo around for a second.”

Scootaloo obeyed on her own, while Twilight rose an eyebrow. “Okay...What are you...”

Mac suddenly picked the creature up by the back of it's head and slammed it back to the ground again. The Krillitane screamed in pain as Mac picked it up again. “Which way ta y'all secret base, or Ah snap tha other leg!” He hissed in the creature's ear. “Ah don't much appreciate ma friends bein' put in danger!”

The Krillitane, terrified, pointed towards the area they're heading in. “Thank ya.” He replied, before slamming it's head on the ground one more time, knocking it unconsciously. Mac laid his ear next to it's mouth and grunted. “It's still alive...Fer now.”

He then remembered something very strange. “Wait a minute...Where's Fluttershy?” The other three, shocked, only now just realised that their shy friend had never gone into the sewers in the first place.

“Um...Hopefully still in the TARDIS.”


On the TARDIS, Fluttershy poked her head round the corner, a towel wrapped round her head. “I'm back from the shower.” She called, ever so quietly.

That's when she realised how empty the TARDIS was.

“Oh...Are we playing hide and seek?” She asked softly, seemingly to the thin air. “Okay...Ready or not, here I come!” She giggled before wandering off through the TARDIS.

Comments ( 1 )

On mlp wikia it say that auntie applesauce of the apple family is a fourth cousin twice removed from the pie family. The episode never may it clear wether Pinkie is or not kin to the apples. Even if she is kin to them it wouldn't be a big deal for she be so far down the line that it wouldn't be view as incest.

Login or register to comment