• Published 1st Feb 2014
  • 487 Views, 2 Comments

Death of friends to us all. - Jack Hooves



After having been called in early in the morning, he expected it to be a simple burglary, but what he got was more than he had bargained for, he arrived at the scene to see the main six were slaughtered with only one piece of evidence........a ax.

  • ...
7
 2
 487

Chapter one: The call

October 31, 1949
03100 hours
Officers present at scene: Officer Briggs, Detective Valentine called in at 03200 hours, and Captain Shining Armor.

I remember it all so clearly as if it were yesterday, all those killings and murders linked together, I was the one to stop it at a great cost.

(October 31, 1949, Saturday) I was busy sleeping after having to solve a prior case when I got a call saying that was something I had to go check out at the new unicorn's house, and since I was the only detective in the town I went without waking up my wife to tell her since I had decided to sleep in the car that night which made leaving a little easier.

I drove to the tree-house that they told me to go to, expecting it to be something small like a burglary or something like that, but what I saw as I drove up to the house was another story, there was police tape marking off the doorway, and the cops that called it in were sitting in the back of the ambulance shaking badly while one of them tried to hold his cup of coffee.

I parked behind the ambulance and got out after leaving my door unlocked, and walked over to the doorway.
"Hey detective, might want to put a rag over your nose." The coroner said while walking out of the doorway with a look of disgust.
I took out my handkerchief and put it over my nose as I walked in to find the most grizzly scene I had ever seen in my past twelve years as a detective, but none of that paled in comparison to what I saw.

The elements of harmony were strewn about the room gutted, raped, disembodied, and in sexual positions, while the only clue to the scene was a ax that was still lodged into the skull of the person sitting in the red chair at the desk slumped over a book, that was now covered in blood and brain bits.
"She's the only who appears to have died by being taken by surprise, all the other ladies here were alive and aware when they died, but Miss Twilight here, was taken by surprise, the intruder would to have had sneaked up on her and bashed her head in detective, but what troubles me the most is that the others here have appeared to have died after her time of death." The coroner said while pulling the ax free from Twilight's skull with ease.

I looked around the room as I took in all the details, I saw no broken windows, no that would have been too obvious, I walked over to the door and checked the lock to see that it wasn't tampered with, I thought quickly, and came to the conclusion the suspect wasn't a outsider among the victims, it must be someone they all knew.

"Nothing shows sign of forced entry, what if the suspect was here already, let's just say that he was here and they knew him well enough to drop their guard like this, I mean honestly couldn't they have stopped him if there was six of them in this very room?" I asked the coroner.
"That would have been a plausible theory, except for one thing detective." The coroner replied.
"And what is that?" I asked.
"The basement backdoor, the lock on it was pried open and forced off." He said while smirking at me. "It seems you've lost your touch with crime solving detective." He added while going out the front door.
"Don't touch the scene till i'm done here." I yelled after him before going down the stairs to see the backdoor he was talking about, I walked to the back of the room after I stopped to pull out my flashlight and shined it on the door to see there was indeed signs of tampering done to the lock, and saw there was a hole drilled into the lock where the key would have normally been inserted.

"Hmmm." I said while thinking and began to pace across the room thinking of how it could have happened.
"Detective, use this to record what you find." A officer said after seemingly appearing from nowhere and handed me a tape recorder, before putting a rag back over his nose and mouth while going back up the stairs as quiet as a mouse.

I fumbled with it till I managed to hit the record button and made sure the red light was on before I began to record.
"The date is October 31, 1949, and the time is roughly 3:30 am, there are multiple victims from what appears to be homicide, not sure yet, but the suspected murderer broke in through the basement's rear door by drilling a hole into it and forcing the tumblers to turn, and then proceeded up the stairs with a ax and managed to kill six women, my question is how he overpowered six women, and killed them all without leaving a trace other than a ax, and also had enough time to rape the victims while they were alive, My personal conclusion is that the murderer was known by them, someone who knew them all, and they wouldn't think nothing of him walking around them like that." I said while taking a deep breathe.

"The murderer would also have to have access to this equipment, so we know it as to be a handyman maybe, no it would be more reasonable to assume that the victims let him in, and this is where he escaped." I said while finding a trail of blood on the ground that stooped right at the door, but not much more of a trickle that looked like a small wound.
"There is a trail of blood leading to the door, the victims might have been able to fight back and wound him, going to have them examine the blood." I said while stopping the tape and walking upstairs.

I walked into the main room they were all killed in and turned the tape back on. "There is only one body here that wasn't defiled or mutilated like the others, Miss Twilight appears to have been killed painlessly, and without the movement of her body causes me to believe that she was close to the victim."

"And the others, they are positioned in sexual positions, maybe a act of defiance or hatred for causing the Murderer pain or some type of pain in some way. I have reason to suspect there are motivations behind this crime, but not enough to do anything else further." I said while stopping the recorder and going outside to my car and signaled the forensics team that just pulled up to go on inside and tag everything.

"Detective. the officers that were here first are still here if you want to talk to them before they leave." The coroner said in his simple tone of voice that registered he didn't care about this case or the fact that all hope of ponyville was now dead if the people found out.

Comments ( 2 )

I can sort of grasp the concept, or your idea, of the story. And believe me, it is great! But... Ya need a liiiittle more explainations as well as a kinda different word choice.

But overall i really liked it. Cant wait for more :twilightblush:

3877534
Thank you, and I try my best to write, but I am also dealing with other things that take up my time, and I thank you for your appreciation and support.

Login or register to comment