• Published 21st Feb 2014
  • 1,623 Views, 168 Comments

In Which SPark Attempts to be Slightly Less Verbose. - SPark



Aka. stuff I have written for the 30 minute pony story prompts, minific events, collab projects, etc.

  • ...
10
 168
 1,623

On a Cardboard Shore

The moon wasn’t actually that cold. That was Luna’s first thought. She’d never been there before, though of course she’d raised the moon from Equstria thousands of times. It looked so cool, up there in the night sky. Yet in truth, the surface was quite hot.

Fortunately alicorns are extremely durable, and she wasn’t bothered by it.

Even if it had bothered her, she would have been too busy being violently angry. At herself. At the Nightmare. At her sister. She wanted to spit that word. What kind of sister banished her sibling to the moon?

A little, traitorous part of her asked, what kind of sister tried to overthrow her sister? What kind of sister made a deal with a being of chaos in order to gain power against her sister? She told that part to shut up, and kicked a moon rock. It flew in a ridiculously long arc before coming to rest on the lunar surface. Luna kicked another one. Then she lit her horn and attacked every rock in sight in a flurry of magic and moon dust.

That took hours to settle. She eventually walked away from it, trudging across the lunar surface.

You are pathetic, whispered the Nightmare in her ear.

Shut up! She tried to scream that at it, but in the lunar void she had no voice.

Completely pathetic. Maybe if you hadn’t been along, I could have won. Celestia would be defeated and I would rule.

What happened to ruling together, thought Luna angrily at it. I thought we were partners?

I lied, said the Nightmare, laughing.

That prompted another flurry of kicking and rock throwing.

Finally, exhausted, Luna lay down on the lunar surface. She closed her eyes. She felt the Nightmare creeping into her mind, whispering something. For a moment she considered resisting. She hated the Nightmare almost as much as she hated herself, or her sister. Then she gave up and let the Nightmare’s dream take her into the dark...

Author's Note:

The second (of six) mini-stories written in less than 90 minutes for my PRETTY PONY PRINCESS Easter Special event!

Prompt was "Celestia is upset about having to banish luna to the moon, but whats luna's point of view?" from N3rdyGir1Squar3d

This is (sort of) a prequel to Over a Cardboard Sea, but is written in a COMPLETELY different style and is a much, much worse story. Also much shorter. (Over a Cardboard Sea is very, very good, imho. This one sucks, but hey, writing prompt drabbles is for fun, not for serious stories.)