• Published 26th Jan 2014
  • 2,231 Views, 21 Comments

Bon-Bon Meets Lyra's Parents - Duke of Canterlot



Lyra wants Bon-Bon to meet her parents.

  • ...
7
 21
 2,231

Jenkins

Bon-Bon got out of her calc final and knew she rocked it. It was also officially the end of her first semester in college.
Bon-Bon already had packed and was ready for winter break and to meet Lyra's parents. If there was one character trait Bon-Bon was proud of in herself, it was her ability to be prepared for anything.

On her way back to her dorm, Bon-Bon saw Blue Sky and her friend Brilliant Beauty. Bon-Bon walked a little quicker and tried to pretend to not notice them.

"Hi Bon-Bon", shouted Blue Sky. Well, that didn't work.

"Hi Blue Sky and Brilliant Beauty."

"I am so psyched right now that the semester is over! Gamma Alpha Kappa is totally partying it up tonight!"

"Yea", added Brilliant Beauty, "you totally should join us."

"Oh no, I can't. I already have plans."

"Like what, with any cute guys?"

"Hee hee", giggled Blue Sky, "not with a cute guy, I bet. More like with Loony Lyra."

"Lyra makes better company than you", retorted Bon-Bon.

"Oh, I suppose so. Look behind you, it's a human!! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! The humans!!!"

"I'm sorry for Sky's behavior, Bon-Bon."

"It's okay, I guess", said Bon-Bon.

"I just can't believe you're dating Lyra. I thought you were cooler than that", said Blue Sky.

"You can also be cooler than that", added Brilliant Beauty, "if you join our sorority."

"We are having rush when we get back. Bonnie, you should think of joining us", said Blue Sky.

Not in a million years, thought Bon-Bon, but she decided to play ball with them anyway.

"Blue Sky, I will consider rushing your organization on one condition."

"What's that?"

"Lyra must be allowed to rush too."

Blue Sky laughed out loud.

"Hey, Bon-Bon. It's cool you swing that way. Quite a few gals in our sorority are like that. We got mares way hotter than Lyra", said Brilliant Beauty.

"Hmmmm, if I think about that in the only context that makes sense to me, I probably shouldn't rush. I was taught to not touch hot stoves."

"I told you she was a smartass", Blue Sky said to Brilliant Beauty.

"I think we could make a great trio though", said Brilliant Beauty, "you being an earth pony, me being a unicorn, and Blue Sky being a pegasus. We can make GAK the most powerful sorority on campus."

"So, can Lyra rush", asked Bon-Bon.

"Of course", said Blue Sky, "Lyra is a riot!"

"I gotta go", said Bon-Bon, "but I hope you both enjoy your winter break!"

"Same to you, Bon-Bon!"

Bon-Bon was glad to make it back to her dorm. There was Lyra and it looked like she already moved in.

"Hey Bon-Bon, I figured I would get a head start and move on in", said Lyra, "this room is too cold though."

"Courtesy of my former roommate."

"This is a dream come true for me. Bon-Bon, I am absolutely honored to be your roommate. Warning though, I am a snorer."

Bon-Bon shrugged. Trixie didn't snore but Lyra was definitely the better choice.

"So, are we ready to meet your mom and dad?"

"Yes we will be. My butler, Jenkins, shall be picking us up at 5 PM sharp. Jenkins is the best butler a pony could ask for, what about your butler?"

Bon-Bon chuckled, she didn't have a butler. One of those probably cost as much as what Bon-Bon's parents made in a year.

"I'm guessing your butler isn't as awesome as Jenkins", said Lyra.

"Yea, I think so."

"You're so funny, Bonnie. You should join the circus. My parents say that every filly should have loving servants."

"My parents say that a filly should get straight A's or they will disown her."

"That's awful! What kind of parents would even say such a thing for real?"

"Hopefully, I will never find out."

"No worries. If your parents disown you, it's no big deal. You still got me." Lyra kissed Bon-Bon on the cheek.

It was 5 o'clock and there was a knock on the door.

"Ms. Heartstrings, are you ready?"

"Jenkins, I certainly am and so is my friend, Bon-Bon."

"Splendid!"

Lyra opened the door. Bon-Bon saw a white unicorn dressed in a tuxedo.

"How is my favorite silly filly", asked Jenkins.

"You're the silly filly", joked Lyra.

"I hope you are still practicing that lyre even though you're at university."

"I most certainly am. My marefriend, Bon-Bon, loves my music but sometimes I fear she is just saying that to be kind."

"That sounds like nonsense", said Jenkins, "am I right, Ms. Bon-Bon?"

"You most certainly are correct", said Bon-Bon, "it's a pleasure to meet you."

"The pleasure is mine. I have heard so many fantastic things about you from Lyra. She says you're quite the prodigy."

"Funny that Lyra would say such lies about me."

"Funny that Lyra told me that is exactly how you would respond to being called a prodigy."

Lyra giggled.

"Jenkins, didn't I tell you that Bon-Bon is absolutely amazing?"

"Yes, you did. I think that we shan't be late though. Is everypony ready?"

Lyra and Bon-Bon nodded.

Bon-Bon took her luggage as did Lyra. Bon-Bon noticed that Lyra packed a lot heavier than Bon-Bon did. Bon-Bon only had two small suitcases for the trip home. Lyra had six large bags. Thankfully, everything fit on the carriage Jenkins was driving.

"Wow, you got a lot of stuff", Bon-Bon said to Lyra.

"Intriguing. I always thought you just had too little stuff", said Lyra.

Bon-Bon and Lyra kissed on the lips and got into the carriage. Jenkins didn't take the reins at all. Rather, he used his magic to move the carriage.

"Bon-Bon", said Jenkins, "how familiar are you with Canterlot outside the university?"

"Not very familiar admittedly."

"Canterlot is a splendid place. Some ponies call it the most magical place in the world- and I mean that figuratively, not literally."

"I certainly get what you mean. The architecture is absolutely splendid."

"What is most amazing", piped in Lyra, "is the origins of that architecture."

Bon-Bon and Jenkins both groaned. It seemed that Jenkins had his fair share of the human talk too.

"I dare do say", said Jenkins, "Princess Celestia is certainly a jack of all trades. The tale goes that she built the castle brick by brick."

"She probably had a couple hundred earth ponies build the castle for her", said Bon-Bon.

Jenkins laughed and then said, "I suppose that is how the castle is still standing these days. Earth ponies certainly have a knack when it comes to building magnificient things."

"I thought those were humans", said Lyra.

"Oh hush hush, my silly filly", said Jenkins in a quick yet lighthearted tone, "you know, the pony they say conjured up the idea of humans is actualy a unicorn, Star Swirl the Bearded."

Star Swirl, yawn, thought Bon-Bon. Maybe if she was a unicorn, she would have found Star Swirl's tales more interesting.

They arrived at Lyra's house.. more like a mansion. It was enormous and beautiful. It was secured by a massive gate with two marble royal guard statues facing one another. Bon-Bon noticed that a semi-circle with the word "HEARTSTRINGS" was wrapped around the center of the gate.

Jenkins used his horn to open the semi-circle which opened the gate.

It was always one of Bon-Bon's dreams to have a house like that and Lyra was living it.

Bon-Bon saw a unicorn couple walk outside the mansion: a green stallion with thick glasses and a red mare who looked glamorous. They must have been Lyra's parents. They smiled at Bon-Bon but the mare seemed to eye her suspiciously. Bon-Bon was nervous but waved at them.

"Lyra, my most favorite daughter", said Lyra's father.

Lyra ran over to her father and gave him a big hug.

"Mommy and daddy, you both must meet Bon-Bon!"

Author's Note:

I hope you all are liking it!
Bon-Bon and Lyra's parents will actually interact next chapter.