• Published 20th Jan 2014
  • 644 Views, 7 Comments

The Legend of Twilight: Ocarina of Magic - Awkward Plant



When a dark evil threatens Equestria, a young filly named Rainbow Dash must overcome many challenges and obstacles to save the land of Equestria.

  • ...
3
 7
 644

3. The Equestrian Fields

As Rainbow Dash trotted out of the meadow, heavyhearted, Navi said her final goodbyes to the Great Deku Tree.

As they walked out of the pathway, they found Dumb-Bell standing right in front of them, steaming mad.

"Hey!? Rainbow Dash! What did you do?!" He asked frantically. "The Great Deku Tree.....Did he......Die? How could you ever do such a horrible thing like that?!? This is all your fault you lunatic!!!" He yelled as he stormed off.

"Well, I guess we should go now." Navi said with a sigh.

"Wait, what?" Rainbow Dash asked, distracted.

"I meant let's go get this stone to the princess." Navi said, a bit annoyed.

"Oh...yeah. That. Right...." Rainbow said sheepishly.

As the two made their way out of Koriki village in silence, when they approached the giant log to take them out to the Equestrian fields, Rainbow hesitated a moment before continuing.

"Are you nervous?" Navi asked sympathetically.

"To be honest... i'm a bit nervous too." She admitted.

"I know neither of us have been outside of Koriki forest before, and you're a filly, and i'm just a fairy, but I have knowledge of most of the creatures outside there from the Great..Deku...Tree." Navi started to tear up at those words, but she resumed.

"I know we can do this, Rainbow Dash! " Navi encouraged.

"Thank you, Navi. I'm really glad to have you as a partner, and I really appreciate it." Rainbow said, thankful. "Let's go."



As the two made their way across the bridge to the fields, they were suddenly stopped by Fluttershy.

"Oh, you're leaving.......?" She asked, heartbroken. "I....I knew....that you would leave the forest....someday, Rainbow.....Because you are different from me and my friends.....But that's ok, because we'll be friends forever.......won't we?"

Fluttershy paused for a moment and took a deep breath. She knew that this was for the better.

"I want you to have this ocarina.......Please....take good care of it." Fluttershy said as she placed the ocarina in Rainbow's hoof.

"When you play my ocarina, I hope you will think of me, and come back to the forest to visit."

When she finished speaking, Rainbow, not good at saying goodbye, awkwardly backed up and ran out to the Equestrian fields, to sick at heart to say anything, as Navi flew behind her in a hurry.

"Goodbye....." Whispered Fluttershy.




As Rainbow Dash trotted into the Equestrian fields, she gasped.

"It's...it's huge!" She said in awe.

"You're right!" Navi replied. "But what else did you expect?" She asked.

Rainbow said nothing and just shrugged.

As she walked ahead around the bend of the pathway, Rainbow heard an owl hooting somewhere but she couldn't tell where, until she heard this voice,

"Hoot hoot! Rainbow....Look up here!"

She saw an owl perched up on a tree branch right next to her.

"It appears that the time has finally come for you to start your true adventure!" The owl had said.

"You will encounter many hardships and difficulties ahead.... but that is your fate. Don't feel discouraged, even during the toughest times! If you keep going straight this way, you will find yourself at Canterlot castle.

You will meet a princess there.... and if you are lost, and don't know which way to go, take a look at your map.

Did you get all that?" The owl asked suddenly.

"Oh, um, yes." Rainbow stammered.

"All right then." The owl said. "I'll see you around!" He said before flying off.

"Well, that was odd." Navi stated. "You didn't even get his name!"

"Yeah, I guess it was." Rainbow agreed. "And how did he know I had a map and my fate and all that?" she asked suspiciously.

"I'm not sure, but I do know we have to get at least a little bit across the field before nightfall." Navi said as she flew around frantically.

"Navi, calm down! We can spare a little time." Rainbow Dash told her.

"No! If we delay any longer, it'll be nighttime before we even come remotely close!" Navi pleaded unhappily.

"Oh come on, Navi! We can rest just a little bit!" Rainbow said as she groaned.

"No, we can't, now come on!" Navi bickered.

"Of course we can spare a little time Navi! Seriously! Just you calm down!

"No, I can't calm down because we are going to be very late! Navi said angrily.

Yes we can, Navi! Just listen to me!" Rainbow said, irritated.

"No, Rainbow, now you listen to ME!" Navi said a bit harshly. "It might take a few days, but we should be a little ways across right now! Navi told Rainbow sternly. "Ok, let's get going now before we waste any more time, so come on! We gotta go, right NOW!"




As the filly and the fairy raced across the field, the sun slowly started to go down.

"What?!" Navi shouted. "It's already sundown? I told you Rainbow, we should've went earlier!" she spat. "Alright, now-

Navi was cut off by the sound of what sounded like a Timberwolf howling.

"What was...That?!?" Navi asked, uneasily.

"I'm..not sure..." The filly spoke as she started to tense up.

Then, out of nowhere, came terrifying, skeleton-dragon looking creatures!

"What are thoseth thingths, Navi?" Rainbow asked panicked, with the sword in her mouth, as she started to fight them off.

"Um, I think they're called Stalchildren!" Navi said hurriedly.

"Don't be afraid of them! Just keep attacking them!" Navi told Rainbow.

As Rainbow kept attacking, they kept appearing, one after another. Ultimately the best option was to run from them, until, that is, morning came.

As dawn started to break, they heard the crow of a rooster and the Stalchildren disappeared.

Rainbow Dash, dog-tired, lied down, exasperated from all the running and fighting, and even all that fighting with Navi.

"I'm really sorry, Navi. I never should've fought like that with you like that. We're partners, and we should be able to work together." Rainbow apologized genuinely.

"You'll forgive me, won't you?" Rainbow asked, ashamed of her arguing with her.

"Of course Rainbow Dash! Why wouldn't I forgive you? We're a team, and fighting over something stupid like that? Really? It's unnecessary bickering!" Navi answered.

"It is partly my fault, too." She admitted honestly.

"Ok, now that we've got that out of the way, should we get going again?" Rainbow asked casually.

Navi chuckled. "Yes." She answered.





As the two had an eventful day of traveling, they finally got to Canterlot Castle in the evening.

"Well, here we are!" Navi breathed happily.

"Yeah, what are we waiting for?!" said the filly, pleased, as she raced into the market with the fairy following closely at her hooves.

Rainbow and Navi gasped in unison when they entered the market.

"Wow! Look at everything!" Rainbow squealed in happiness.

"Woah..." Navi breathed.

"It's amazing! Look at all the cool stuff you can do and buy, and eat!" Rainbow said, wandering off into the crowd of ponies.

"Yeah...Wait! No, Rainbow!" Navi said, shaking her head. "We can't get distracted! We need to deliver this stone to the princess, remember?" She asked questioningly.

"Oh, yeah! Heh..heh..." Rainbow laughed nervously.

"Thats the second time you've forgotten!" Navi sighed then giggled. "Come on, Dash, they said as they squeezed through the crowded marketplace.

Rainbow Dash, distracted at looking at all the juicy, delicious, succulent, foods that the marketplace had to offer, Rainbow spotted another young filly.

She had a orange coat, yellow mane and tail, both in ponytails, green eyes and freckles, a brown stetson, and three red apples as her cutie mark.

Rainbow saw that the filly looked worried, and was looking around for somepony.

"Um, hi there!" Rainbow said.

"Oh, um hello to you too! the other filly answered. "Nice to meet you! I'm Applejack, and I help my big brother work at Lon Lon Acres! Applejack said proudly.

You aren't from around here are you? You don't have your cutie mark yet, and you don't look like you can fly yet, either." Applejack said, a bit less cheery.

"You're right, Applejack. But don't feel sorry for me! I'm still tough! I just defeated Queen Chrysalis!" Rainbow bragged.

"Oh, um, that's cool!" Applejack said, not really knowing what else to say, even though she was very interested.

"Anyway." Applejack said as she cleared her throat. "I'm looking for my brother and I ain't sure where he is. I'm thinking he's at the castle sleeping the day away when he is supposed to be delivering apple crates from the farm." She said worriedly.

"Since you're all adventurous, can ya'll keep and eye out for my brother?" Applejack asked.

"Yeah, sure!" Rainbow responded.

"Ok! Thank you! Have a mighty fine day!" AJ said nicely.

"Ok, I will! See you around! Gotta Dash!" Rainbow said as Navi hurried her away.

"We can't be late Rainbow Dash! Hurry up!" Navi insisted.

Rainbow Dash and Navi fled out of the crowded streets and bustling ponies while Applejack stood there, smiling; eyes shining.

"I wonder what it must be like to have a true adventure like that." She whispered under her breath.




When they got out of the marketplace to the pathway to the castle, it was already sundown.

That is when they heard a beautiful voice, as somepony was singing. It turned out to be Applejack singing the melody.

When Rainbow approached her, Applejack stopped singing and smiled elegantly at her.

"Hi again, fairy filly! Are you going to the castle? Well anyway, if you are, would you mind finding my brother, Big Macintosh?" Applejack asked.

"I know for sure he is sleeping somewhere around the castle. What a thing for him to do!" She laughed.

"Oh, yeah! If you look for him, i'll give you this!' AJ said while giving Rainbow an egg. "I've been incubating this egg very carefully! Take good care of it from now on!"

After that, Rainbow said her thanks and climbed up some vines on a wall to bypass some of the guards.

She had to do it very stealthily, because Navi told her if she gets caught, you'll be thrown out of the castle. So Dashie then made her way, carefully I might add, to the entrance of the Castle courtyard by going over a a tall brick gate, across a meadow, and through a moat, guards scattered here and there.

Once she got past all the royal guards successfully, she found herself next to the castle with a narrow pathway, the moat on her left as she walked down it, and Rainbow found what she thought was Big Macintosh sleeping near the apple crates he delivered, as he was just as Applejack described to her. She realized that the water drain on the castle wall had an opening just big enough for her to fit through.

Then, just as the sun rose up across the mountain tops on the boarders of Equestria, She heard that the egg Applejack had gave her hatched!

As it crowed, it was enough to wake Big Mac up from his slumber.

"What in tarnation!?" big Mac yelled, startled. ''Can't a pony get a little shut-eye 'round here?" He said. Then he realized it was just a little filly. "And whom might you'll be little one? he asked. "Eeyup. I'm Big Mac. Me and my sister run Lon Lon Acres. I came here to the castle to deliver some apples, and I guess I sat down for a moment and fell asleep..."

"Well, um, Applejack is actually still waiting for you at the market." Rainbow told Big Macintosh.

"What!? I Left her there!? I'm going to catch it from her now, eeyup! I really messed up bad! I can't believe I left AJ behind her to wait for me! I'm really gonna pay for this now!" Big Mac screamed as he ran away, in pursuit of Applejack.

Rainbow was left standing there with a smirk on her face, trying not to laugh.

"Oh, well. That was...." Navi said trying to think of a word to fit it. "Odd." She finished.

As Rainbow stood standing there, Navi tried to think of a way to get into the castle courtyard. She saw a door right in front of her on the castle wall, but when she tried to get Rainbow to open it, it was locked. That is when she saw the hole where water comes out from a little pool of it in the courtyard on the wall, creating a miniature waterfall. But problems arose when they couldn't figure out a way to get up to the hole. Rainbow suddenly said,

"I got it! If we move those crates over in front of the water passage, I could jump from there across the moat to get to the ledge under the hole!"

"Thats a great idea Rainbow! Move those crates then!" Navi ordered.

As they successfully completed that, the filly and the fairy managed to fit through the hole and get to the castle courtyard. Once inside, they found hedge mazes and marble statues with royal guards protecting them and trying to stop her from getting to the princess.

Rainbow eventually got to the princess' meadow with the small winding stream surrounding the whole place like a small island. There were small but beautiful flower gardens around the yard, and Rainbow Dash saw the little princess of Equestria, still only just a filly like her, peering through a window that leads to the royal Kings Chambers.

Then Rainbow saw Princess Twilight turn around in shock and asked,

"Who are you?"

Author's Note:

If you see any spelling mistakes again, don't be afraid to tell me! Also, if you have any suggestions, tell me those too!

Comments ( 4 )

"I'm looking for my father and I ain't sure where he is. I'm thinking he's at the castle sleeping the day away when he is supposed to be delivering apple crates from the farm." She said worriedly.
"Since you're all adventurous, can ya'll keep and eye out for my father?" Applejack asked.

"Hi again, fairy filly! Are you going to the castle? Well anyway, if you are, would you mind finding my brother, Big Macintosh?" Applejack asked.

Which is it? Father or Brother?

3847641 Sorry about that! It's the brother!

I feel that you are pushing the story too much too quickly with little detail. It feel ruin as a story for being as small as it is. Maybe you should add a bit more detail between sections and add more background, and you have the potential for a great story.
Thanks for reading, raw666

I can' wait for the next chapter! :heart: :pinkiehappy: :rainbowlaugh:

Login or register to comment