• Published 16th Jan 2014
  • 1,378 Views, 17 Comments

Fallout Equeastria:Digital Shadow - star dust pony



star dust,a security pony from stable 92 and Jerome,a zebra from the same stable have finally gotten out of that hell hole after it got attacked,they don't know what to do or what the attackers wanted,but they must protect it

  • ...
19
 17
 1,378

chapter 1:duple gangers

star dust is walking through the halls of stable 92 as he often does every day, he has his helmet off since he refuses to wear it because it messes with his mane and the sounds of his hooves clopping on the floor are his only company aside from the occasional stable dweller or zebra he passes. As he passes the cafeteria he sees one of the zebras of stable 92.
"Hey, what are you doing here past cerf-" Stardust interrupts.
"...aaahhh like i give a shit." Stardust says as he trots in and leans on the vending machine the zebra is using.

"Patrolling as usual star?" the zebra with a sly smirk says in utter confidence as he browses the options.

"Do i know you?" Stardust says with a cocked eyebrow, wanting to hit the zebra for his attitude.

"No we don't know each other, but that means we can get to know each other." The zebra replies with a cheerful and slightly childish tone even though he has a deep voice.

"Ah I see..." Stardust replies back as he tosses his baton up and down.

"Well yea im patrolling, I do it every night...boring as hell though" he says before he gets clonked on the head by his own baton, making the zebra chuckle.

" Well since we zebras apparently don't have to do any work around here and it gets pretty boring...maybe i can help you." The zebra says as he turns his head to look at him "My name is Jerome by the way" He says before smiling.

"You already know my name, Stardust, and I guess being the only other Pegasus in this stable kind of makes it obvious who i am." Stardust says with a exasperated sigh and a stretch of his wing.

"Hehe, yea hey isn't your dad the computer specialist that hacked into the stable?" The zebra blurts out without thinking.

"Uhhh no hes head of security...that got in by blowing a motherfucking hole in the roof." Stardust corrects him before chuckling and getting up, punching the vending machine and making a bottle of sparkle cola come out, making the zebra smile and take it.

"Right, right and thanks for the soda." He says while popping the cap off and gulping it down happily.

"No problem" star dust says with a sigh." So about that whole 'coming with me on patrol' offer" he says but Jerome cuts him off.

"SURE,ITS BETTER THAN STANDING AROUND" Jerome blurts out excitedly.

"OK OK LETS GO" star dust blurts back,trying to out yell the zebra as he sighs and starts trotting to the exit of the cafetiere with Jerome. mid way through the patrolling star dust slows down "shh,stay quiet" he says with fear and panic in his voice as Jerome gulps and nods.

"come in...its time for dinner." a voice behind a glowing red door says with a satanic chuckle making star dust flinch as they both rush down to another hall.

"t-that door didn't used to talk."star dust says.almost pissing himself. "i remember the sound of claws but t-that...THAT'S NOT WHAT HAPPENED LAST TIME!!!"

"W-what are you talking about?" Jerome says just as shakily as he shivers a bit but and curls up,clearly not used to any kind of fear.

"Remember that stable security pony that vanished? He went into THAT very room." star dust says and points a hoof at the door. "ok,thats it,were taking this to the over mare."

"WHAT?!?! you haven't told her?!?" Jerome says with worry and his heart races the more he thinks about whats behind the door.

"Yes we have,the door just has never talked" Star says just as he grabs Jerome and storms off to the over mare's office,his hooves becoming a rapid blur as he speeds up and stops with a pant the very instant he face plants into the wall and Jerome gets slammed into the wall with him.

"GAH,WHO'S THEIR?!?!" The over mare shouts out just as she bursts out of her bed and aims a pistol around the room then sees star dust flop onto his back and she rolls her eyes before groaning "Star dust you buffoon,get out of here,your supposed to be patrolling" She states as she puts her gun away.

"I KNOW MA'AM." Star says as he pulls Jerome out,making the overmare look at them both with a raised eyebrow "W-we have news of the mysterious door ma'am." He spouts out just in time to notice the sudden infuriated look on the over mare's face.

"YOU TOLD ONE OF THE ZEBRAS ABOUT IT?!?!? THAT IS CLASSIFIED INFORMATION YOU TWAT!!!!" The over mare yells out in fury and nearly punches star dust,making him flinch as she shoves him to the side and stomps her way to the shivering zebra and grabs him before pinning him to the wall "Listen here you little zebra motherfucker,you keep your mouth shut about this okay? now be a good boy and go back to your room." she snarls as Jerome nods his head rapidly and the over mare smiles before letting him go and he sprints around a corner and just hides their,out of the over mares sight. she rushes back in "Get back to your post,do not dare tell anypony else about this or i will have you EXECUTED!!!" She screams at star dust before shoving him out the door.

Star dust just stands their for a moment,not knowing what to do before mumbling "...I got to see whats behind that door." Before sprinting towards the glowing red door and Jerome sees him rush past and chaises after him

"Where is that psychotic pony going?" the panicking zebra mumbles to himself as he sees star dust buck down the door and leap in.

"...Mother of Celestia." Star dust says as he falls on his haunches and looks at the blood red room,the tape recorder playing the Erie sounds,the blood and guts in the bathtub in the middle of the room along with pictures of stable ponies and the ones that have a 'X' over them just happen to be ones that went missing and came back ether acting different or looking strangely off. "...W-what were they doing here?" star mumbles as he trembles as Jerome rushes in,panting and looking around before nearly vomiting,wide eyed and shaking.

"...T-this is what happens in this r-" just before the frightened zebra can finish a voice sends a chill up and down his spine until he felt like he'd turn into ice and melt.

"So,looks like you two found out our little secret." The voice of the over mare says from right behind them making them both gulp and turn around only to see the 'over mare' with two armed guards by her side and a devilish grin across her face "Well...might as well tell you...IM NOT THE OVER MARE!!!" she says while bursting into insane laughter. "We've been killing you fools one by one and you were none the wiser...well...good to get that off my chest...GET EM BOYS!!!" she says as she bursts into a cackle and the two guards grin and slowly approach star dust and Jerome.

"N-no...no..." star dust mumbles and something in his mind can be heard cracking as he feels himself lose control of his body and his blood starts swelling as he smacks the gun out of one of the guards grip,making his teeth chatter and feel like their coming off before grabbing it in his own mouth and aiming.

"S-STAR?!?! WHAT ARE Y-" before the zebra could finish...three loud blasts blare through the halls and the entire stable and star dust drops the gun,shaking looking at the 3 beheaded ponies that are now laying in front of him,each shot went straight through anything that was protecting them "...H-how did you?" again the zebra was interrupted.

"...I...I don't know..." star dust says shakily just as they both hear a little filly scream and run and just as she gets in their view,a bullet zooms past and goes right into the back of the little fillies head as her little green pupils become the size of pin heads and she hits the wall and falls down.

"GAH...n-no...w-what was that?" Just as he peeks his head around the corner he sees most of the ponies that died before and came back were duple gangers and screams and gun shots fill the stables as the ponies that were hiding in plain sight start shooting down everypony in sight and the remaining stable guards try to fight back but fail to do much.

"...We got to get out of here...theirs only one thing here they can be after...my dad's weapon schematics" Star dust says while trying not to hyper ventilate and takes the gun,putting it in his holster and gallops as fast as his legs can carry him to his room with Jerome fallowing not far behind and star jumps onto a terminal and rapidly speeds through typing things in as cold swet rushes down his head and he sees his mother asleep in bed,not even bothering to get up "...She can handle herself...shes not from a stable anyways." star says with a little less panic,knowing his dad and mom are going to be just fine and he downloads the weapon data files onto his pip buck before he hears a loud,male scream and sees Jerome shot in the arm,hissing from the pain.

"DAMN THESE OUTSIDERS!!!" Jerome blurts out in pain as he grabs a saddle bag and straps it onto his back,ignoring the pain and star dust does the same as he watches the door.

"Alright,im ready,are you?" star says quickly as Jerome nods and sighs "OK...we wont be able to come back...but we got to do this to keep the stable safe." star says as Jerome nods again,his eyes filling with water and he tries not to show it as they leave the room. "HEY YOU WANT YOUR FUCKING GUNS?!?! COME AND GET IT!!" Star yells as the raiders snap their attention to him as he runs and they all give chaise screaming swear words at the blue Pegasus and grey zebra all the way to the stable doors and as they slide open star dust makes sure he has the right file before sprinting out,towards the door to the surface as Jerome fallows behind and they both tackle through at the exact same time,splinters bouncing off their cloths as they jump up and star grabs his zebra friend and glides into a hiding spot.

"...ok i think were sa-...fe." Jerome says as he sees the horde of raiders gallop off and then looks up to see the grey clouds and ruined buildings...they were outside.

Author's Note:

this is the first chapter to this series and soon if not already their shall be a cover photo so you may see the main characters and what they look like i'll keep updating this when i can and as often as i can,i hope the readers will enjoy this story as much as i'll enjoy writing it