• Published 19th Mar 2012
  • 1,064 Views, 25 Comments

Legendary - RoflNom



When a pony gets the chance to save Equestria, what will he do? Can the ordinary become Legendary?

  • ...
1
 25
 1,064

Chapter 2

I was still falling, falling into the nothingness I felt below me. As I fell, I saw things. I saw may parents weeping, I saw that mare with tears in her eyes, I saw all the ponies I had met in the army. I saw the sadness that everypony in my life shared.

Then it hit me, like a buck straight to the gut. I was ripped from those things, and got pulled into something I wish I had never seen. I saw what I assumed were other ponies as Legend. They were killing innocents and their enemies alike, showing no mercy at all. Was this what I was to become? Nothing but a monster?

I fought the thought of me killing for no reason. I wasn't that kind of pony, I wouldn't have even joined the army if I wasn't drafted. I promised Death I wouldn't abuse this power, and I'm a pony of my word.

Bringing myself out of my thoughts I managed to make myself look down, and I saw the black cocoon that had engulfed my body. It was so close, yet it felt so far away. Like it was keeping me here, in free fall, because it didn't want me. Could that even be possible? A body rejecting its own soul?

Wait, this wasn't my body anymore. It was Legend's body, only using mine as a way to get out of whatever hell it was from. I was about to use the body of a God, a God of destruction and war no less. I was about to take on the form and responsibility of a being with untold power and, most likely, blood lust.

Was I ready for this? I wanted to say yes, but I knew the answer was no. I wasn't ready because I was just thrown into all of this. I didn't have any experience in this stuff, and I doubt anyone else did. That's why I wanted to say yes. Because I knew I was in a position that nopony would ever be prepared for.

I looked down again. The cocoon was closer now. Maybe Legend was accepting me? Yeah, that's it. Legend must be testing me, seeing if I'm worthy to be him. I really hope he isn't picky, because I"m nothing special.

I never was. I was born the youngest out of 3 siblings. I was the smallest, weakest, slowest. I was everything my siblings weren't. They all grew up and left to have amazing lives, while I stayed home with our parents.

But that never mattered to me. I still lived the same way I wanted. I enjoyed every second of the life I was forced to have. I enjoyed the success that I had, the ponies I had met because of that success. I don't regret living my life the way I chose for it to be. And I don't regret making this choice.

I got the urge to look down again. It was even closer now than the last time. Even as I looked at it, I got closer. What's making me get closer? All I've talked about is my life. Does Legend want to know me as a pony before it can give know me as itself? I'm not sure, but it's worth a shot. Especially if that will get me out of this fall. Its felt like hours.

My name is... Was IronTrot. I came from a family who has had no continuing talents. Every child has had a different and unique talent. Mine had been my ability to run extreme distances. Though my talent came far later than most of the others around me, I was happy nonetheless. I was never made fun of for being a 'blank flank' only because I had amazing friends. Some of them might actually be dead right now.

Of all those friends there was one that I had cherished more than anypony else. She was a Pegasus mare named Violet. We had been friends since we were both old enough to walk. We had done everything together. From school to walks in the park to even a few fights here and there.

When I was called away to fight, she was devastated. She hadn't been drafted because she was a year younger than I was, You had to be at least 18 to be drafted, and she was only 17. She cried and begged me not to go, in fear that I wouldn't come back. She was probably the one thing I missed more than anything. She was the reason I kept on fighting.

I had seen her just a few months ago, while I was delivering a message from General Arch to Princess Celestia. I was given permission to stay in Canterlot to visit family and friends for a few days. She was at my parents' home when I got there. Apparently she had gotten a lot closer to them while I was gone.

Well, three years without your son and best friend can bring ponies closer than they expected. When I knocked on the door, Violet had answered the door. She completely froze when she saw me, with my uniform from the 5th Royal Infantry, clearly displaying my rank of Lieutenant. I had gotten a rather noticeable scar across my face from one of the smaller species of dragon.

When my parents came to see who was at the door, they had the same response. For what seemed like an eternity, they stared at me with tears in their eyes. Violet was the one to break the silence, rushing me, crying her heart out. My parents had soon joined in.

We spent the entire night together, with Violet next to me the entire time. We all told stories about what happened during my time away. I stayed away from my stories of the war, and I made it quite obvious that I was doing so. It had been the most amazing time I had in a long, long time.

Then came the question. The question that destroyed the happiness, the joy. The question that destroyed that beautiful smile on Violet's face that I had missed so much.

"Are you going to have to leave again?"

When I stayed quiet, my answer was clear. They said nothing, they only comforted me.

My few days in Canterlot went by quickly, and it was time for me to leave again. We shared our teary goodbyes and hugs. Violet went with me to the gates of the town, where we shared what we thought would be out last hug in a long time. When I pulled away from the hug, she did something that I would have never expected.

She kissed me. Not just a peck on the lips, but a full blown, passion filled kiss. I was too shocked to even do anything. She pulled away, saying her last words before she flew off crying.

"Please come back. I'll be waiting."

I looked down again, tears in my eyes from remembering all those memories. I saw that the cocoon was right in front of me. I had gotten control of my body back, and I reached out to it. When my hoof touched it, a small crack formed. That crack became larger and larger until it was as large as I was.

I felt like something was beckoning me in. So, one step at a time, I entered. Inside was, once again, nothing.

_____________________________________________________________________________


I had been walking for maybe a few minutes, at least in my mind I had. It didn't take me long to see what I had expected. When I saw it, I froze in amazement. A few feet from me was Legend, and my new body.

It was a body that I would have to get used to. It was that of an Alicorn, almost as big as Princess Celestia. Its coat was black, from head to hoof. It had a short, messy mane, which was a very dark grey. The thing that caught my attention the most, though, were its eyes, its blood red eyes.

As I inspected it, Legend simply stood there, never taking its eyes off me. It felt Legend was looking at me just as much as I was looking at him.

On its flank, Legend had a peculiar cutie mark. It was two crossed swords, one white and the other black, which most likely were a symbol for war. Its wings were just as strange. They were bat-like, similar to the kind of wings you would see depicted on a demon.

Legend also appeared to be wearing silver amror. A silver breastplate and a cloak shined on its body, with silver bracelets adorned with black crystals around his hooves.

As I kept inspecting, Legend spoke.

"Are you finished yet? I did not come here to be viewed like some animal." Legend said, in a very dark voice.

I looked up at Legend, startled that talked so suddenly and said, "I'm sorry, but I was just curious of what my new body would look like."

Legend simply snorted at that statement, "IronTrot, know that while I accept your soul into my body, you will have difficult times ahead learning to control it."

"I understand," I replied, sounding a bit more confident than I had intended, "I'm ready to go back."

Legend slowly walked towards me, until he towerred over me, "Very well, place your hoof in mine. I will accept you soul and you will take my body."

I did so, and suddenly I began to fall again. Falling, its starting to become a trend lately, isn't it?

I didn't fall as long, maybe a few seconds. I saw a bright flash of light, and when I opened my eyes I saw something I never imagined.

I was on the battlefield. in which I had died once before. I was standing there, in my new Alicorn body with its silver battle armor. I was standing there, meeting the gaze of thousands of Gryphons and Dragons. I stood there, and recieved the stares of hundreds of ponies behind me.