• Published 12th Jan 2014
  • 12,347 Views, 306 Comments

The Sun and Moon - BurnedPigeon



What happens when the Sun and Moon are given a body of an alicorn? Come and join them as they set out in Equestria!

  • ...
28
 306
 12,347

Chapter 11

Opposed Feelings

________________________________________

As light shines through the windows of a white hallway, a pink mare trots ahead with a smile, while a dark mare follows behind.

"Come on, Lyrical! We're almost there!" says the pink mare, turning and waving a hoof.

"Melody, wait," says Lyrical, stopping.

"What's wrong? Can't keep up with your older sister?" asks Melody, smirking.

"No. It's annoying whenever you're in a good mood. It makes me want to hit you," says Lyrical, clenching a hoof.

"Come on, don't be like that! Besides, I'm just excited to see Twilight and Cadance again!" says Melody, jumping up and down.

"Well, stop it. It's making me sick when you act like a filly," says Lyrical, huffing.

"What about you? Aren't you glad to see Twilight and Cadance after so long?" asks Melody, lifting a brow.

"I am, but I don't act like a filly whenever they come. Anyway, let's stop wasting time. We still have to wake Moon and Sun," says Lyrical, walking ahead.

"Race you there!" says Melody, running ahead.

"And here I wonder who's the older one…" says Lyrical, letting out a sigh.

As Melody and Lyrical walk ahead, they notice three stallions in gold armor standing in front of a white door.

"Well, if it isn't Top Notch, Summer, and Pleasant. So, how's it like to sleep with a prince last night?" asks Melody, smirking.

"Shut up, Melody! I'm trying to forget that!" says Summer, his cheeks turning red while stomping a hoof.

"I'm just glad the other guards don't know about it…" says Top Notch, letting out a sigh.

"Do you want me to tell them?" asks Lyrical, tilting her head.

"Please don't!" says Top Notch with a blue face.

"Y-yeah, the other guards will always hold us up to that if you do!" says Summer with sweat running down his face.

"Then don't make me angry," says Lyrical, smiling.

"Well, at least it's a good thing Prince Sun was still asleep when we woke up. Otherwise, I don't know how I would face him…" says Top Notch, letting out a sigh.

"You know, sleeping with Prince Sun was pretty comfortable…" says Pleasant, tapping his chin with a hoof.

Craning their head, Top Notch and Summer gaze at Pleasant with distant eyes.

"What?" asks Pleasant, blinking.

"Anyway, did you girls come to wake the princes up?" asks Top Notch, lifting a brow.

"Yeah, Tia and Lulu want them to be at the meeting," says Melody, smiling.

"And it's a good chance for them to greet Cadance, Twilight, and their friends when they arrive," says Lyrical.

"Tia and Lulu wanted to, but they decided Sun and Moon should do it in their place. They're busy keeping a certain princess in check…" says Melody, scoffing.

"Oh, right, Nightmare Moon. I thought that side of Princess Luna was gone for good, but I never thought I'd see Princess Luna and Nightmare Moon together…" says Summer, rubbing his head with a hoof.

"Who cares about that! It's Nightmare Moon's fault for making us sleep with Prince Sun in the first place!" says Top Notch, stomping a hoof.

"Um, Lyrical, Melody, just asking, but do you think everything's going to be okay with Nightmare Moon around?" asks Pleasant, furrowing his brows.

"Who knows?" says Lyrical, shrugging.

"Don't worry. Besides, it's thanks to Moon that we're okay. Without him, well, we'd probably be sleeping forever…" says Melody with a sheepish grin.

"Oh, one more thing. Your stupid commander asked us to tell you three to patrol around the castle," says Lyrical, rolling her eyes.

"Patrol duty again?" asks Summer with wide eyes.

"But that's so boring!" says Top Notch, dragging a hoof down his face.

"But it's nice to look at the scenery and all!" says Pleasant, grinning.

"Looks like Pleasant is the only positive one here," says Melody, sighing and shaking her head.

"Stop complaining and go do your jobs. Or else I'll tell the other guards about your night with Sun," says Lyrical, glaring.

"Okay, okay!" says Top Notch, flailing his hooves.

"We're going!" says Summer with sweat running down his face.

"I'll lead!" says Pleasant, walking ahead.

"Hey, who died and made you the leader!" says Summer, trotting ahead.

"W-wait for me!" says Top Notch, running ahead.

"There they go," says Melody, chuckling with a hoof over her mouth.

"I always wonder how those idiots got in the Royal Guard…" says Lyrical, letting out a sigh.

"Anyway, let's hurry and wake Sun and Moon up," says Melody, smiling.

Walking to the door in front, Melody puts a hoof on a doorknob and twists it. Pushing the door open, she notices a white alicorn in the room standing in front of a window door with his flowing blond mane glittering in the morning light.

"Oh, Sun, you're awake!" says Melody, walking through the doorway.

Sun turns and smiles. "Ah, Melody, good morning."

"We kind of made a lot of noise outside the room. Sorry if that woke you up…" says Melody, rubbing a hoof behind her head.

"Do not apologize. I was long awake," says Sun, smiling.

"It's good that Sun's awake, but the other idiot is still sleeping," says Lyrical, stopping next to a blue alicorn on a bed. She then lifts a hoof and pokes the blue alicorn's cheek.

"I can't believe Moon's able to sleep after what happened last night…" says Melody, rolling her eyes and shaking her head.

As Lyrical's horn glows pink, a similar light appears around a pillow beside Moon and lifts itself. The pillow hovers in the air before stopping and slamming itself on Moon's face.

"Lyrical, why'd you do that!" says Melody with wide eyes.

"What? This is how I wake up Luna when she doesn't want to get out of bed," says Lyrical, tilting her head.

"But you can't just hit other ponies in the face with a pillow while they're sleeping!" says Melody, glaring.

The pillow on Moon's face hovers in the air and falls to the side, which Moon blinks his eyes open.

"Ah, Lyrical, greetings," says Moon, lifting his head and smiling.

"See? It works," says Lyrical, smiling.

"That's not the point!" says Melody, stomping a hoof.

"Whatever. Anyway, Moon, please get up. There are ponies that you and Sun have to greet when they get here," says Lyrical.

"Ponies?" says Moon, rubbing a hoof over his eye.

"Whom dost thou speakest of?" asks Sun, blinking.

"Twilight and her friends," says Lyrical.

"I see," says Moon, smiling.

"Oh, and you guys finally get to meet Cadance!" says Melody, jumping up and down.

"Ah, if I remember, Cadance is another princess and an alicorn, correct?" asks Sun, blinking.

"Y-yeah, but how did you know about her?" asks Melody, rubbing her head with a hoof.

"Cadance's name has been mentioned from the ponies we have met so far," says Moon.

"Really? Who?" asks Melody, blinking.

"Twilight has mentioned about Cadance before. Moon and I have also learned from Highwind that the chandeliers in each of our rooms were given to Celestia and Luna from Cadance," says Sun.

"Thou hast mentioned Cadance as well, Melody," says Moon, smiling.

"Huh, I guess I did mention her. But I'm surprised you guys remembered all of that…" says Melody, rubbing her chin with a hoof.

"Hmm…" says Lyrical, tapping her chin with a hoof. "And here I thought Moon and Sun were dense idiots-"

"Um, let's just get you guys ready, okay? Cadance, Twilight, and her friends should almost be here," says Melody with a hoof over Lyrical's mouth.

"Aye," says Moon, nodding. He then lifts a hoof over his mouth and yawns.

"Moon, is something wrong? It seems thou hast not rested enough…" says Sun, furrowing his brows.

"Ah, forgive me if I worried thee, Sun. I was up long through the night while talking with Luna and Nightmare…" says Moon, rubbing a hoof over his eye.

"Nightmare?" says Sun, blinking.

"U-um, Sun, it's a long story, but there's kind of another princess in the castle right now. Tia and Lulu are there with her and will explain everything when everypony's here. For now, Lyrical and I have to help you guys get ready for today…" says Melody, frowning.

"I understand," says Sun, nodding.

"Good boy!" says Melody, grinning.

"At least Sun and Moon do as they're told, unlike some useless ponies I deal with. That includes you, Melody," says Lyrical, rubbing and twisting a hoof on Melody's nose.

"Ow, ow, ow! That hurts, Lyrical!" says Melody, pushing Lyrical's hoof with her own and rubbing another hoof on her nose.

"Ah, Melody, Lyrical, when I woke this morning, Top Notch, Summer, and Pleasant were resting with me. I did not wish to disturb them and decided to sleep once more. Tell me, are they well?" asks Sun, his brows gathering in.

"Oh, them? Don't worry. Thanks to you, they slept well," says Lyrical, smiling.

"Y-yeah!" says Melody with a sheepish grin. Looks like Sun already knows…

________________________________________

Leading on through the hallway, Lyrical and Melody walk ahead, while Moon and Sun follow behind.

"I can't believe we're late. Twilight and Cadance are probably here already…" says Lyrical, huffing.

"H-hey, I'm sorry, okay! It's just that Sun didn't want me to help him brush his teeth…" says Melody, pouting.

"But he asked me instead," says Lyrical. She then stops and turns. "Sun, why didn't you let Melody help you? We could've finished sooner."

"Forgive me, Lyrical, but Moon seemed to enjoy thy brushing. When I went through the same task with Melody yesterday, 'twas not pleasant…" says Sun, frowning and placing a hoof on his cheek.

"Aye, Lyrical's brushing is quite pleasant," says Moon, smiling.

"Oh, now I understand. You never fail to impress me how useless you are, Melody," says Lyrical, glaring.

"U-uh, sorry?" says Melody with a sheepish grin.

"I'd hit you on the head, but we're wasting time. Moon, Sun, I'll teach you how to properly brush your teeth another time. That way, you both won't need to rely on me or my stupid sister," says Lyrical, pointing a hoof at Melody.

"So mean! How can you say that to your older sister!" says Melody with teary eyes.

"Ignore her. Anyway, Moon, Sun, do you understand?" asks Lyrical, tilting her head.

"Aye," says Moon with a small smile.

"I understand," says Sun, nodding.

"Good. Now, follow me. We're already late," says Lyrical, turning and walking.

As Lyrical walks ahead, Sun and Moon follow, while Melody trails behind with her head hanging. Nearing the end of the hallway, Moon and Sun's ears twitch.

"Ugh! What could it possibly be this time!" says a voice.

"Ah, that voice," says Moon with wide eyes.

"It belongs to Twilight," says Sun, smiling.

"Yeah, that sounds like Twilight," says Melody with a chuckle.

"She's probably stressing over something dumb again," says Lyrical, rolling her eyes.

As Sun and Moon enter a large room, they see a purple mare quickly trotting back and forth with a frazzled mane.

"Twilight, calm down. There's no point in stressing yourself when Celestia and Luna are not here yet," says a white mare, letting out a sigh.

"Rarity's right, Twilight. Just sit still and relax for once," says an orange mare, lifting a brow.

"How can I just relax, Applejack! Celestia suddenly called all of us here! And for all I know, it's probably something important!" says Twilight, stomping a hoof.

"You're always exaggerating over everything, Twilight! Here! Maybe this cupcake will calm you down!" says a pink mare, bringing a cupcake out from behind her with a hoof. "There's chocolate filling in it!"

"No, Pinkie!" says Twilight, glaring.

"Maybe try taking deep breaths? I usually do those to calm myself down," says a yellow mare, smiling.

"Or maybe stretch your wings or something?" asks a blue mare, shrugging.

"Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, thanks, but I don't think that's going to work…" says Twilight, dragging a hoof down her face.

"Twilight, I'm worried as much as you are, but please try to calm down," says a pink mare, placing a hoof on Twilight's shoulder.

"S-sorry, Cadance, but I can't help it. Even you were called here, so it must be something important if all the princesses are here…" says Twilight, letting out a sigh.

"I bet I can cheer you up!" says Melody.

As Twilight and Cadance turn their head, their eyes widen upon seeing Melody sitting and grinning with open arms.

"Well, are you going to make me sit here all day?" asks Melody, lifting a brow.

"Melody!" says Twilight and Cadance, running into Melody's arms and wrapping their hooves around each other.

"It's so good to see you again, Melody!" says Twilight, nuzzling her cheek against Melody's.

"It's been so long since we've been together like this!" says Cadance, nuzzling her cheek against Melody's neck.

"And I've missed you both so much!" says Melody with a wide smile.

"Ugh, can you three stop? Just looking at you idiots is making me feel sick," says Lyrical, clicking her tongue.

"Lyrical!" says Twilight and Cadance, pulling Lyrical in and wrapping a hoof around her.

"I hate group hugs…" says Lyrical, snarling.

"Come on, Lyrical! You used to love doing this with Twilight and Cadance back when we first started working here at the castle!" says Melody, grinning.

"Used to, but for Twilight and Cadance, I'll make an exception," says Lyrical, huffing.

"Aww, I missed you too, Lyrical," says Twilight, chuckling.

"It's good to see you again, Lyrical," says Cadance with a small smile.

"Me too, but we should talk later," says Lyrical, pushing herself from Twilight and Cadance with a hoof. She then points a hoof. "There are two other ponies that want to say hi."

"Really?" asks Twilight and Cadance, blinking. They turn around, seeing a blue and white wall in front of them before looking up, meeting a pair of ice blue eyes and another pair of amber ones.

"AHH! Sun, Moon, at least say something!" says Twilight, stomping a hoof.

"Forgive us, Twilight. We did not mean to startle thee…" says Sun, his brows gathering in.

"We did not wish to interrupt thee. Thy reunion with Lyrical and Melody seemed important…" says Moon, furrowing his brows.

"Well, you're not wrong about that. I've known Melody and Lyrical back when I used to live here in Canterlot," says Twilight with a small laugh.

"Yeah, we go way back!" says Melody, grinning.

"I see," says Moon, smiling.

"Twilight, I presume the pony next to thee is Cadance?" asks Sun, blinking.

"Yeah. I'm guessing this is yours and Moon's first time meeting her, right?" asks Twilight, smiling.

"Aye," says Sun, nodding. He then faces Cadance with a small smile. "Greetings, Cadance. It seems we finally meet."

"Sun and I have heard much of thee. I am glad we can meet," says Moon, smiling.

"It's n-nice to meet you both too…" says Cadance with a distant gaze and red cheeks.

"Um, Cadance? You okay?" asks Twilight, frowning and placing a hoof on Cadance's shoulder.

"H-huh? Oh! Yeah! I-I'm okay…" says Cadance, shaking her head.

"So, Cadance, what do you think of Sun and Moon?" asks Melody, snickering with a hoof over her mouth.

"W-well, the letter Celestia sent did mention that they were charming and all, but I didn't expect this much…" says Cadance, her face turning red while sitting and tapping her hooves together.

"More charming than Shining Armor?" asks Melody, smirking.

"What are you talking about?" asks Cadance, lifting a brow. "They're way more charming than Shining-"

Cadance quickly puts a hoof over her mouth and cranes her head, seeing Twilight with tears welling up in her eyes.

"I-I'm only joking, Twilight! You know how much I love your brother!" says Cadance with a sheepish grin.

"Y-you mean it?" asks Twilight with shaking lips.

"Yes!" says Cadance, quickly nodding.

"S-sorry, Twilight, I was only joking…" says Melody, frowning.

Lifting a hoof, Lyrical hits Melody on the head.

"OW! What was that for!" says Melody, pouting and rubbing her head with a hoof.

"You went too far with that one…" says Lyrical, glaring.

"She kind of did," says Rainbow, folding her hooves.

"Yup," says Applejack, nodding.

"That wasn't very nice…" says Fluttershy, furrowing her brows.

"You know, I make a lot of jokes, but that one takes the cake! Oh, speaking of cake!" says Pinkie, bringing a cake from behind her with a hoof and shoving it in her mouth. "Yum! Vanilla frosting!"

"Honestly, Pinkie…" says Rarity, rolling her eyes. "But I do have to agree on that joke being a tad harsh…"

"Ugh! Even Twilight's friends are making me out the bad guy!" says Melody, dragging her hooves down her face.

"Oh, Cadance, I forgot to ask, but where's my brother?" asks Twilight, her brows gathering in.

"He was supposed to come with me, but he collapsed from exhaustion. I warned him not to overwork himself at the Crystal Empire, but he just didn't listen to me! Honestly, Twilight, you should talk some sense in your brother…" says Cadance, rolling her eyes.

"Ugh, I was worried he would do something like that…" says Twilight, putting a hoof over her face.

"Sun, Moon, I'm sorry, but I wanted you both to meet Shining Armor…" says Cadance, letting out a sigh.

"Do not apologize," says Sun, shaking his head.

"We understand," says Moon, smiling.

"Uh, Twilight, you're kind of in the same boat as your brother…" says Applejack, frowning.

"What do you mean?" asks Twilight, blinking.

"You forgot already? You worked Spike until the poor guy collapsed from organizing hundreds of those new books you bought yesterday!" says Rainbow, glaring.

"Spike wanted to meet Sun and Moon too…" says Fluttershy, her brows gathering in.

"I feel bad for Spike. He told us that he kept asking you to help, but you were always too busy reading," says Pinkie, raising a brow and folding her hooves.

"Poor Spike! You should be ashamed of yourself, Twilight!" says Rarity, stomping a hoof.

"U-um, sorry?" says Twilight with a sheepish grin.

"'Tis unfortunate that Moon and I could not meet Spike, but there will be another time," says Sun with a smile.

"When that day comes, perhaps Sun and I can learn more about Spike," says Moon, smiling.

"It's too bad I couldn't see Spike again. I missed seeing the little guy…" says Melody, frowning.

"At least Spike doesn't get himself in trouble all the time. Unlike this princess over here," says Lyrical, pointing a hoof at Twilight.

"Well, sorry for not being so well-behaved…" says Twilight, rolling her eyes.

"It looks like everypony is here," says a voice.

Turning their head, Sun and Moon notice a white stallion in gold armor with dark circles under his eyes.

"Ah, Highwind, good morning," says Sun, smiling.

"But it seems thou art not feeling well. Is something wrong?" asks Moon, furrowing his brows.

"Don't worry, Your Highnesses. I'm fine," says Highwind with a small smile. Just didn't sleep yet because of Nightmare Moon…

"Highwind, I know I said this before, but you should stop smiling with your eyes like that. You look creepy…" says Melody, shuddering.

"He always was. I mean, there are rumors in the castle that he's trying to go after Sun and Moon," says Lyrical, smiling.

"Shut up, you two! And I already said that I don't swing that way!" says Highwind, stomping a hoof.

"Hey, Highwind, it's nice to see you again," says Twilight, smiling.

"O-oh, good morning, Princess Twilight…" says Highwind, frowning and rubbing a hoof behind his head.

"What's wrong? Did I say something weird?" asks Twilight, her brows gathering in.

"I just wanted to apologize for yesterday…" says Highwind, letting out a sigh.

"For what? Oh, that argument we had yesterday?" asks Twilight, lifting a brow.

"Y-yes…" says Highwind, slowly nodding.

"Don't worry about it. Besides, if you argued with me, that means we're friends, right?" asks Twilight, chuckling with a hoof over her mouth.

"I guess," says Highwind with a small laugh. He then faces Cadance. "It's good to see you again, Your Highness."

"Highwind, there's no need for formalities. We've known each other for a long time, right?" asks Cadance with a smile.

"I know, but I have to act like a respectable commander. It's my job," says Highwind, rubbing a hoof behind his head.

"Wait, you guys know each other?" asks Twilight, blinking.

"Yeah, I'm close friends with your brother, Princess Twilight. Plus, he chose me to be the commander of the Royal Guard here," says Highwind, smiling.

"Why didn't you tell me!" says Twilight, stomping a hoof.

"You didn't ask," says Highwind, raising a brow.

"But you said that we haven't met yet when I first saw you!" says Twilight, glaring.

"Yeah, but I've been too busy that I didn't get a chance to talk to you over the years. But I heard a lot about you from your brother though," says Highwind with a sheepish grin.

"Ugh, why doesn't anypony tell me these things!" says Twilight, dragging her hooves down her face.

"Wait, where's Shining Armor?" asks Highwind, blinking.

"He's back at home sleeping from overworking himself…" says Cadance, rolling her eyes.

"That sounds like what he'd do," says Highwind with a small laugh.

"You're one to talk. You look like you didn't get enough sleep," says Twilight, lifting a brow.

"Y-yeah, but I can't help it. There's kind of a problem that's going on here at the castle…" says Highwind, letting out a sigh.

"Highwind, about that. Why did Celestia call me, Twilight, and her friends here? She didn't explain what's going on in the letter she sent, but we needed to come early today…" says Cadance, furrowing her brows.

"I still have work to do back at the farm…" says Applejack, letting out a sigh.

"I promised Angel that we would have a picnic this morning…" says Fluttershy, frowning.

"I still have to help at Sugarcube Corner. We have a lot of orders for cakes and stuff…" says Pinkie, rubbing a hoof behind her head.

"And I still have dresses to make for my clients!" says Rarity, placing a hoof over her face.

"For me…" says Rainbow, rubbing her chin with a hoof. She then shrugs. "Eh, I got nothing to do."

"And I apologize on Princess Celestia's behalf for that. I know you all have questions, but I need to guide you all to where Princess Celestia and Princess Luna are…" says Highwind, furrowing his brows.

"Melody, Lyrical, do you know what's going on?" asks Twilight, blinking.

"Yeah, but you wouldn't believe me if I told you…" says Melody, rubbing an arm with a hoof.

"You wouldn't believe me either. It's better if you just see for yourself," says Lyrical, nodding.

"Highwind, is Celestia and Luna well?" asks Sun, wrinkling his brows.

"Don't worry. They're okay, but our other guest is being impatient and wants Prince Moon there…" says Highwind, dragging a hoof down his face.

"Wait, who's this guest you're talking about?" asks Cadance, raising a brow.

"Let's just say it's a selfish princess…" says Highwind, clicking his tongue.

"Princess?" says Twilight and Cadance, blinking.

"Highwind, if I am needed, then please lead the way. I wish to be of some use to Luna and Celestia," says Moon, smiling.

"Prince Moon, I know you'll be able to help," says Highwind, smiling. He then waves a hoof. "Anyway, everypony, please follow me!"

________________________________________

As Highwind walks ahead of the group, Pinkie hops up and down next to Sun and Moon.

"So, Sun, Moon, how's your stay in the castle so far?" asks Pinkie, blinking.

"'Tis pleasant, I suppose," says Sun with a small smile.

"There are many things we are learning during our stay. Thanks to the ponies here," says Moon, smiling.

"From the look on your faces, I can see you're havin' a good time," says Applejack with a small laugh.

"Moon, Sun, did you both happen to visit Ponyville yesterday?" asks Rarity, blinking.

"Aye," says Moon, nodding.

"Is there a reason thou art asking?" asks Sun, tilting his head.

"Of course! You both are the very reason Ponyville is so lively right now!" says Rarity, chuckling.

"Everypony in Ponyville is talking about you both," says Fluttershy with a giggle.

"Mostly mares though…" says Rainbow, rolling her eyes.

Highwind turns his head and lifts a brow. "Princess Twilight, you didn't tell your friends that Prince Sun and Prince Moon were there?"

"Well, they all were pretty busy. Besides, I was just showing Sun and Moon around…" says Twilight, tapping her chin with a hoof.

"Nonsense, Twilight! If you said that Moon and Sun were visiting, I would've shown them the best places in Ponyville!" says Rarity, placing a hoof over her chest.

"Or showed them around Sugarcube Corner and all the tasty stuff we have there!" says Pinkie, licking her lips.

"I could've given them a tour around the farm," says Applejack, rubbing her head with a hoof.

"Or I could show them the best places to take a nap!" says Rainbow, grinning.

"Really? A nap?" asks Applejack, lifting a brow.

"What? That's the best I could think of at the moment," says Rainbow, shrugging.

"Maybe I could show the animals to them?" asks Fluttershy, smiling.

"Oh, Fluttershy, get this. Sun and Moon can talk to animals!" says Melody with a grin.

"Really?" asks Fluttershy with wide eyes.

"They were able to talk to Tibbles. Luna's pet," says Lyrical.

"Whoa! You guys can talk to animals?" asks Rainbow, facing Moon and Sun.

"Aye," says Sun, nodding.

"This is true," says Moon, smiling.

"Well, at least we're learning more about Sun and Moon. But I'm mostly glad to see that they're fitting in well in our world after what Twilight told me just now. It's still hard to believe they're the embodiment of the Sun and Moon though…" says Cadance, blinking.

"Y-yeah, I didn't believe it at first when I met them. But I should've known anything can happen in Equestria when there are magic and stuff we don't know about yet…" says Twilight, letting out a sigh.

"It's only reasonable anypony would think like that. Well, for you, Twilight," says a voice with a laugh.

Turning their head, Cadance and Twilight's eyes widen at a green mare smiling.

"Wiseheart!" says Cadance and Twilight, running and wrapping their hooves around Wiseheart.

"Oh, it's so good to see that you're both doing well!" says Wiseheart, nuzzling between Twilight and Cadance's face.

"I could say the same for you!" says Twilight with a chuckle.

"I'm glad you're doing well, Wiseheart," says Cadance, smiling.

"Oh, you two!" says Wiseheart, giggling with a hoof over her mouth.

"Wiseheart, I thought you were inside the dining room with Princess Celestia and Princess Luna?" asks Highwind, blinking.

Wiseheart pushes herself away from Twilight and Cadance. She then hangs her head and lets out a sigh. "I was, but our guest thought I was an eyesore. I asked her if I could use my magic to check her health and stuff, but how wrong I was to even ask. She then told me to get out or else she wouldn't listen to Tia's demands…"

"Wh-what? How could she say that!" says Twilight, stomping a hoof.

"Twilight's right. You were only worried about her…" says Cadance, frowning.

"How can she call herself a princess when she behaves like that!" says Rarity, scoffing.

"This princess doesn't sound like good news at all…" says Applejack, glaring.

"Yeah, I don't think I can help with a grumpy princess…" says Pinkie, rubbing her head with a hoof.

"She sounds scary…" says Fluttershy, shivering.

"Well, I don't mind showing her what I think," says Rainbow, clenching a hoof.

"I knew she'd do something selfish like that…" says Melody, huffing.

"Hmm…" says Lyrical, rubbing her chin with a hoof. "If it was me, I'd use my magic and blow her out of the sky-"

"Lyrical, I know how you feel, but don't say that around them," says Melody with a hoof over Lyrical's mouth and pointing another hoof at Moon and Sun.

Sun and Moon tilt their head.

"Oh, right," says Lyrical, blinking.

"Thank you, everypony. But I'm just glad Sun and Moon are here. It's good to see you both," says Wiseheart, smiling.

"Greetings, Wiseheart," says Sun, smiling.

"We will try to be of some use to Luna and Celestia," says Moon with a small smile.

"Oh, I'm sure you'll be able to help," says Wiseheart with a chuckle.

"Wait, Wiseheart, where are the guards I asked to watch the doors behind you?" asks Highwind, blinking.

"Oh, them…" says Wiseheart, rubbing an arm with a hoof. "They're inside-"

"MOON! I KNOW YOU'RE THERE!" says a voice.

The powerful voice echoes from behind the gold doors ahead, bursting them open with two dark stallions in gold armor flying through the doorway and landing on the floor in front of Highwind.

"Ugh, my ears!" says Highwind, rubbing his hooves over his ears. He then shakes his head and looks down at the two dark stallions. "Y-you guys okay?"

"Y-yes, sir…" says the dark stallion on the left with his eyes circling about.

"W-wait, did you say something, sir?" asks the dark stallion on the right, blinking and rubbing a hoof over his ear.

Highwind lets out a sigh. He then turns around. "Is everypony okay?"

"Aye," says Moon, nodding.

"But I am concerned about the others…" says Sun, frowning.

I'm mostly wondering how you guys didn't flinch at that. My ears are still ringing… thinks Highwind, rubbing his ear with a hoof. He then turns his head. "Anypony else here okay?"

"We're good, I guess. But I thought my ears were about to blow…" says Rainbow, rubbing her ears with her hooves.

"Same here…" says Applejack, shaking her head.

"Why is it that every time we come here, there's always somepony shouting?" asks Rarity, rubbing her ear with a hoof.

"Fluttershy, what did Rarity say?" asks Pinkie, digging and twisting a hoof in her ear.

"Did you say something, Pinkie?" asks Fluttershy, blinking and rubbing her ear with a hoof.

"What? I can't hear you!" says Pinkie, putting a hoof next to her mouth.

"C-Cadance, are you okay?" asks Twilight, shaking her head.

"I'm fine. But it's been a while since I've heard Luna talking like that…" says Cadance, blinking and shaking her head.

"Yeah, but why did she talk like that to Moon?" asks Twilight, rubbing her head with a hoof.

"I-I don't think that was Luna…" says Melody, shaking her head.

"It's the other one acting selfishly again…" says Lyrical, huffing.

"Twilight, you and Cadance should go see for yourself…" says Wiseheart, furrowing her brows.

"Um, okay?" says Twilight, lifting a brow.

"At least we'll finally know what's going on…" says Cadance, letting out a sigh.

"Moon, Sun, please go with them too. I'm worried if you're not there with them, things might not go well…" says Wiseheart, rubbing an arm with a hoof.

"Aye," says Moon, smiling.

"Of course," says Sun, nodding.

As Sun and Moon trail behind, Cadance and Twilight walk through the doorway as their eyes widen at a black mare sitting behind a table, chewing with a donut in her hoof.

The black mare makes an audible gulp. "Out of all the ponies that I had to see first thing in the morning, it had to be two useless princesses…" she says, rolling her eyes.

"N-Nightmare Moon…" says Cadance, placing a hoof over her shaking arm.

"Wh-why are you here! I thought me and my friends defeated you!" says Twilight, glaring.

"But here I am, eating donuts. By the way, you both should've seen the look on your faces when you saw me. It's hilarious!" says Nightmare with a small laugh.

"Nightmare, enough. The last thing we need is princesses fighting amongst each other…" says a blue mare, letting out a sigh.

"Ugh, Luna, you're too soft…" says Nightmare, scoffing.

"Luna, thank you. I don't know what I would've done without you here…" says a white mare, sighing.

"That's why I'm here, Tia," says Luna, smiling.

"She'd probably throw a fit," says Nightmare, chuckling with a hoof over her mouth.

"Nightmare!" says Luna, glaring.

"I'm only speaking the truth," says Nightmare, closing her eyes and lifting her head.

"Celestia, Luna, why is she here!" says Twilight, glaring and pointing a hoof at Nightmare.

"B-but I thought Luna and Nightmare Moon were one pony?" asks Cadance with an open mouth.

"I know it's confusing, and I'm sorry for not telling you both about it in the letter I sent. But Luna and I decided not to mention Nightmare Moon until you all were here," says Celestia, frowning.

"Besides, we don't want everypony in Equestria to know Nightmare Moon is back. It would cause an uproar if word got out…" says Luna, placing a hoof over her face.

"All the ponies in the castle are keeping quiet about this for now. But we'll let everypony in Equestria know about this in the future…" says Celestia, sighing.

"I-I understand…" says Cadance, slowly nodding.

"You're right about everypony in Equestria panicking if they knew Nightmare Moon's back, but I want to know how Luna and Nightmare Moon are here at the same time!" says Twilight, stomping a hoof.

"Forget about that! Moon, what took you so long, you idiot!" says Nightmare, glaring.

"Forgive me, Nightmare. I did not mean to keep thee waiting…" says Moon, furrowing his brows.

"Well, since you apologized, you're forgiven," says Nightmare, grinning.

"Moon, is Nightmare Moon the pony thou hast mentioned before?" asks Sun, blinking.

"Aye," says Moon, nodding.

Sun turns his head and smiles. "Greetings, Nightmare Moon. I am Sun-"

"Don't talk to me…" says Nightmare with her lips pulling back and revealing her teeth.

"Nightmare!" says Luna with wide eyes.

"Hey, what's your problem!" says Twilight, stomping a hoof.

"You didn't have to be that rude! Sun was only being polite!" says Cadance, glaring.

"I don't care what you two useless princesses have to say! I'll say whatever I want!" says Nightmare, pounding a hoof on the table.

"ENOUGH!" says Celestia, her powerful voice echoing in the room. "I didn't gather you all here today just to fight amongst yourselves!"

"S-sorry…" says Twilight, hanging her head.

"You're right…" says Cadance, her brows gathering in.

"And especially you!" says Celestia, pointing a hoof at Nightmare. "I've been tolerating your behavior all this time, but I'm starting to lose my patience!"

"Oh, scary…" says Nightmare, rolling her eyes.

"Nightmare, please stop antagonizing everypony! Remember why we're here in the first place!" says Luna with a watery gaze.

"Ugh! Fine! I guess you're right, Luna…" says Nightmare, ruffling her mane with a hoof.

Celestia lets out a sigh. She then turns her head and smiles. "Twilight, please tell your friends and everypony else to come in."

"Oh, right!" says Twilight, blinking. She turns around and lifts a brow. "Uh, why is everypony hiding behind Lyrical and Wiseheart?"

"I don't know. You tell me," says Lyrical, rolling her eyes.

"Even I'm not sure…" says Wiseheart, blinking.

"U-um, Twilight, is the yelling over?" asks Fluttershy, peeking her head from behind Lyrical.

"Yeah…" says Twilight, sighing.

"Finally! I thought it'll never end…" says Applejack, peeking her head from behind Lyrical.

"Yeah! I thought there was going to be explosions from all that yelling!" says Pinkie, hopping out from behind Lyrical.

"I never thought an argument among alicorns could be so intense…" says Rarity, peeking her head from behind Wiseheart.

"Are you kidding me! I thought the whole castle was going to go up in smoke after that!" says Rainbow, peeking her head from behind Wiseheart.

"You're telling me! It's been a while since I've seen Tia so mad!" says Melody, walking out from behind Wiseheart.

"Wait a second. Where's Highwind?" asks Twilight, blinking.

"Over here!" says Highwind, waving a hoof from behind a gold door.

"What are you doing there?" asks Twilight, lifting a brow.

Highwind walks out from behind the gold door and coughs into a hoof. "Well, I was just preparing if there was going to be magic lasers flying all over the place…"

"You were probably scared again," says Lyrical, smiling.

"I-I wasn't!" says Highwind, stomping a hoof.

"Highwind, what about those other guards earlier?" asks Twilight, furrowing her brows.

"Don't worry. I told them they could go back to the barracks after what happened earlier…" says Highwind, rubbing his head with a hoof.

"That's a relief…" says Twilight, letting out a sigh. "Anyway, come in, guys. But I can't guarantee things will be quiet after meeting somepony…"

"I heard that!" says Nightmare, pointing a hoof at Twilight.

"Uh, Twilight, I'm not sure I want to go with this…" says Applejack, rubbing a hoof behind her head.

"Wh-why?" asks Twilight, furrowing her brows.

"Um, hello? It's Nightmare Moon! You expect all of us just to go in there and have a talk with that crazy pony!" says Rainbow, twirling a hoof next to her head.

"And our last run-in with her wasn't exactly a good one…" says Rarity, biting her bottom lip.

"Forgive me for interrupting, but thou hast met Nightmare before?" asks Moon, blinking.

"Oh, Moon, about that. We met her a while back. Let's just say we had, well, an argument…" says Twilight, huffing.

"She probably still hates us after all this time…" says Fluttershy, putting a hoof over her shaking arm.

"She probably wants to send us to the Moon…" says Pinkie, rubbing her chin with a hoof.

"Pinkie, don't joke about that!" says Rainbow, stomping a hoof.

"I see that thy last meeting with Nightmare was not a pleasant one. But know that Nightmare is not the pony thou hast in mind," says Moon, shaking his head.

"How can you say that? For all we know, she's probably up to something…" says Twilight, frowning.

"Twilight, I assure thee and the others that Nightmare will bring no harm to anypony. For that, I am sure. All I ask is that the others and thee will take the time to speak with and understand Nightmare…" says Moon, smiling with a soft glow within his gaze.

"Moon…" says Twilight with wide eyes. She then smiles. "Well, if you're able to trust her, then I'm willing to give her a chance."

"Ugh, fine! I'll try to listen to what she has to say…" says Rainbow, folding her hooves.

"If Moon's askin' us a favor, then I'll give it a shot…" says Applejack, rubbing her head with a hoof.

"Oh, oh, maybe we can become friends with her this time!" says Pinkie, jumping up and down.

"That does sound nice, b-but scary at the same time…" says Fluttershy, biting a hoof.

"How can I possibly refuse after seeing the look on Moon's face!" says Rarity, placing a hoof over her forehead.

"That's what you care about?" asks Rainbow, lifting a brow.

"Don't judge me!" says Rarity, closing her eyes and lifting her head.

Celestia closes her eyes and smiles. I guess I didn't have to worry…

Luna faces Nightmare and smiles. "Aren't you glad Moon is here?"

"Hmph! He's still an idiot…" says Nightmare, pouting with red cheeks.

I guess even Nightmare Moon has a cute side to her, thinks Cadance, giggling with a hoof over her mouth.

"And what are you laughing about!" says Nightmare, baring her teeth.

"O-oh, uh, Highwind was telling me a funny story about Sun! Right, Highwind?" asks Cadance with a sheepish grin.

"Wh-what?" asks Highwind, blinking.

Cadance coughs into a hoof and lifts a brow.

"Uh, yeah!" says Highwind, quickly nodding.

"Strange…" says Sun, tilting his head. "Cadance, Highwind, I do not remember any conversation between thee-"

Lifting an arm, Highwind and Cadance elbow Sun's sides.

"Sun, I'm sorry, but please be quiet!" says Cadance with a pale face.

"Please listen to her, Your Highness!" says Highwind, his face dripping with sweat.

"A-aye…" says Sun, blinking.

Melody leans her head next to Wiseheart's face. "You know, Nightmare Moon looks adorable when she's pouting."

"She does," says Wiseheart with a chuckle.

Lyrical leans her head next to Melody and Wiseheart's. "And you both would probably be dead ponies if she heard that."

"You didn't have to state the obvious!" says Wiseheart with sweat running down her face.

"Y-yeah!" says Melody with a blue face.

"I'm just trying to warn you both the next time you open your mouth," says Lyrical, rolling her eyes.

"That's enough, everypony. Please come in and sit. We have much to talk about," says Celestia, smiling.

"And there's plenty of food to thank you all for coming here," says Luna, chuckling with a hoof over her mouth.

"Before that, Moon, sit with me and Luna," says Nightmare, grinning.

Turning his head, Moon faces Sun before facing Nightmare and frowning. "Forgive me, Nightmare, but I wish to sit with Sun-"

"Now…" says Nightmare, her lips pulling back and revealing her teeth.

"Moon is free to choose where he wishes to sit," says Celestia, glaring.

"I wasn't talking to you!" says Nightmare, snarling at Celestia. She turns her head. "Moon, sit here now!"

"Why are you so selfish!" says Twilight, stomping a hoof.

"If Moon wants to sit with Sun, then let him," says Cadance, frowning.

"Don't tell me what to do!" says Nightmare, pointing a hoof at Twilight and Cadance.

"Nightmare, please stop it!" says Luna, biting her bottom lip.

"No! I want Moon to sit with us now!" says Nightmare, slamming a hoof on the table.

"Why!" says Luna with tears welling up in her eyes.

Nightmare lifts a hoof and places it on Luna's arm. Looking down, Luna's eyes widen at Nightmare's shaking hoof.

"Because… because you and Moon are the only ones I trust in this room…" says Nightmare, gritting her teeth.

"Nightmare…" says Luna, her brows gathering in.

"Moon, please sit with them," says Sun.

Moon faces Sun, frowning. "But I wish to sit with thee-"

"Nay," says Sun, shaking his head. He then smiles. "There will be another time. But for now, sit with Luna and Nightmare Moon."

"A-aye…" says Moon, walking to Luna and Nightmare with his head hanging.

"Sun, thank you for convincing Moon," says Luna, smiling.

"I only wish for this day to be a pleasant one," says Sun with a small smile.

"Spoken like a true prince!" says Rarity, clapping her hooves.

"Yeah," says Applejack, smiling.

"I kind of feel sorry for Moon though…" says Rainbow, rubbing behind her head with a hoof.

"Poor Moon…" says Fluttershy, frowning.

"It hurts to see somepony like Moon that sad…" says Pinkie, furrowing her brows.

"I know what you mean. You can't help but want to protect Moon's smile," says Melody, folding her hooves and nodding.

"Only you would think of something that stupid, Melody," says Lyrical, sighing.

"Sorry, Melody, but I have to go with Lyrical on that one…" says Highwind, rubbing the side of his neck with a hoof.

"That's so mean! Wiseheart, was it that bad?" asks Melody with a watery gaze.

"Uh, k-kind of?" says Wiseheart with a sheepish grin.

"Ugh!" says Melody, stomping a hoof. She turns her head. "Twilight, Cadance, it wasn't that bad, right?"

"I-I guess it was a little bit…" says Twilight, biting her bottom lip.

"I'll be honest with you. It's bad," says Cadance, frowning.

"Why is everypony so mean to me today!" says Melody, putting her head on the floor with a hoof over her eyes and pounding the floor with another hoof.

Lifting a brow, Nightmare faces Luna and points a hoof at Melody. "Is she always like that?"

"Ignore her," says Luna, letting out a huff.

"More importantly, I'm worried about Sun…" says Wiseheart, her brows gathering in.

"He seems fine," says Twilight, blinking.

"Honestly, Twilight, you have a lot to learn about guys. Sun's just putting up a tough front. Your brother does it too," says Cadance, sighing.

"She's right," says Wiseheart, frowning.

"O-oh…" says Twilight, hanging her head.

Walking ahead, Wiseheart stops and places a hoof on Sun's arm. "Sun, you wanted to sit with Moon, right?"

"A-aye…" says Sun, frowning and hanging his head.

"Don't worry. You can sit with the rest of us," says Cadance, smiling and placing a hoof on Sun's shoulder.

Sun lifts his head and smiles. "Aye."

"And since when did we agree that he can stay?" asks Nightmare, lifting a brow.

"What are you talking about now?" asks Celestia, glaring.

"Are you deaf or something? I'm talking about him!" says Nightmare, pointing a hoof to Sun. "And I'll say it again. I never agreed to him being here!"

"Wh-what? Why do we have to agree on Sun being able to stay!" says Twilight, stomping a hoof.

"Sun has a choice to stay if he wants!" says Cadance, glaring.

Moon frowns. "Nightmare, but I wish for Sun-"

"Stay out of this, Moon!" says Nightmare, her nostrils flaring.

"A-aye…" says Moon, hanging his head with watery eyes.

Luna's lips begin to shake, darting her eyes between Moon and Nightmare. With tears welling up in her eyes, her lips move.

"Luna, I know what you're about to say, but let me ask you this. Do you still remember what Sun has done to you and me?" asks Nightmare, frowning.

Luna's eyes widen. "B-but things are different now! And there's no reason to blame Sun when he's done nothing wrong!"

"You may think that way, but I don't. In my eyes, Sun is the one pony I will never forgive…" says Nightmare, snarling.

Luna hangs her head and bites her bottom lip. I know how you feel, Nightmare, but it's wrong to blame Sun for the past he knew nothing of. But how can I say that to her when I'm the reason she's like this! Wh-why am I so useless at times like this!

Nightmare turns her head. "As for the rest of you idiots, did you all forget? Sun is the reason this all started in the first place!"

Celestia's eyes widen. She then glares. "Why are you bringing Sun into this? He knew nothing of what happened all those years ago!"

"She's right!" says Twilight, stomping a hoof.

"Sun did nothing wrong!" says Cadance, furrowing her brows.

"Really? Then why did the ponies long ago relish the day and shun the night! Why was Luna belittled in front of the same ponies she tried to protect when she wanted a chance to show how the night can be enjoyed as much as the day!" says Nightmare, glaring.

Twilight's eyes widen. "Th-that's because-"

"I've seen how disgusting ponies can be when they do not understand the unknown! How they will not bat an eye when they do not acknowledge somepony!" says Nightmare, her breathing growing heavy.

Cadance frowns. "Th-those ponies were-"

"In the end, Sun is to blame for everything! He is the very reason I am standing here today, born from the bitterness within Luna's heart! Do you know how it feels to have the very thing I hate in front of me!" says Nightmare, tears trailing down her cheeks as her chest quickly rises up and down with each breath.

With a frown, Celestia puts a hoof over her arm, clenching it. Turning her head, Twilight's brows gather in with a distant gaze. Hanging her head, Cadance closes her eyes with tears seeping through the corner of her eyes.

"If any of you think there's something wrong with what I said, feel free to let me know…" says Nightmare, glaring.

Leaning her head in, Melody closes her eyes and nuzzles against Lyrical's neck, while Lyrical places a hoof over Melody's head and frowns.

"Well, is there nothing you all have to say!" says Nightmare, stomping a hoof.

Wiseheart droops her head and bites her bottom lip, while Highwind places a hoof on Wiseheart's shoulder with a sigh.

"If none of you are speaking, then you acknowledge that I'm right…" says Nightmare, huffing.

"Ugh!" says Rainbow, ruffling her mane with her hooves. "I-I know it's crazy for me to say this, but she's right! There are ponies going through what she said!"

"That's right. Even now, there's somepony out there being treated in the same way…" says Rarity, wiping the tears away from her eyes with a hoof.

"It's hard to deny it, but there's some truth to what Nightmare Moon's sayin'," says Applejack, placing a hoof on her hat and tilting it over her eyes.

"Even I have to agree with Nightmare Moon. As much as I enjoy making ponies smile, I can't ignore the fact that there are ponies out there suffering…" says Pinkie, letting out a sigh.

"Discord also went through the same thing. Despite his personality, he just really wanted a friend throughout his years, but nopony would understand him…" says Fluttershy, sniffling with tears running down her cheeks.

Lifting a hoof, Sun walks pass Twilight and Cadance with his gaze on Nightmare.

Twilight's eyes widen. "S-Sun, what are you doing! Come back here!" she says, reaching out a hoof.

"She's right, Sun! You're only going to make this worse for yourself!" says Cadance with wet eyes.

Coming to a stop in front of the table, Sun's eyes lock with Nightmare's.

"Even after what I've said, you still dare to stand before me?" asks Nightmare, snarling.

"Nightmare, dost thou truly resent my existence?" asks Sun with an unwavering gaze.

"Resent? Are you asking such a dumb question at a time like this?" asks Nightmare, lifting a brow.

"Aye," says Sun, nodding.

"Pffft!" says Nightmare, her laughter sending a gust of wind past Sun's face with his mane fluttering violently in the air. "Resent is such an understatement of a word that you cannot even imagine how much rage I harbor towards you!"

"Nightmare, p-please calm down!" says Luna, placing a hoof on Nightmare's arm.

"NO!" says Nightmare, swiping Luna's hoof with her own. "If this idiot wants to know how much I resent him, then I'll let him know!"

"N-Nightmare…" says Luna, her lips shaking with tears running down her face.

Moon's eyes well up with tears. "Nightmare, please try to forgive Sun-"

"Moon, I will not repeat myself! Stay out of this…" says Nightmare with a red glint in her eyes.

"A-aye…" says Moon, hanging his head.

"Moon, I-I'm so sorry! It's all my fault this is happening…" says Luna, placing a hoof on Moon's shoulder.

"Nay, do not apologize, Luna. P-perhaps everything will be fine after all of this…" says Moon with a small smile and putting a shaking hoof on Luna's arm.

"M-Moon…" says Luna, tears running down her face with shaking lips. You idiot! Even you're scared of what's happening…

Luna, Moon, I'm so sorry for putting you both through this, but this is something I can't back away from… thinks Nightmare, frowning. She turns and faces Sun with a dagger gaze. "As for you, here's what I think of you! I hate you! I despise you! I want you to disappear from the face of this world for being the reason why Luna and I went through that torture! Luna is the only pony I truly cared about after being brought into this forsaken world, but the rage within me is unbearable just remembering Luna crying all those years ago because of your stupid existence!"

"I see…" says Sun, frowning.

"Wh-what?" asks Nightmare with wide eyes. She then bites down on her shaking bottom lip. "IS THAT ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY!"

"Cadance, I don't think we should let those two talk any longer!" says Twilight with sweat running down her face.

"You're right! If this continues, I think Sun's life will be in danger!" says Cadance with a pale face.

"Celestia, please! We have to stop them!" says Twilight with a watery gaze.

"I-I understand…" says Celestia, frowning. Even I'm starting to fear for Sun's life! I can't let him get hurt for my past mistakes!

"Celestia, Cadance, Twilight, please do not interfere," says Sun, lifting a hoof.

"Sun…" says Celestia with wide eyes.

"Are you crazy! If you keep talking to her, she might hurt you!" says Twilight, glaring.

"Sun, Twilight's right! Just walk away from Nightmare Moon!" says Cadance, stomping a hoof.

"Nay, I only wish to understand Nightmare for the pony that Moon and Luna have come to know," says Sun with a small smile.

"Understand me? What is there to understand when the fact is I hate you!" says Nightmare, shutting her eyes with tears seeping through them.

"But I do understand," says Sun.

"Lies!" says Nightmare, lifting her head and opening her eyes with a glare. "You will never understand-"

"Wh-why… why are you crying?" asks Nightmare with an open mouth.

"Because… because I understand thy pain the most. I have also spent countless years within the stars with nopony by my side. Through the years, I-I wondered if my existence served any purpose in this life…" says Sun, smiling with his lips shaking.

Nightmare's eyes widen. Her lips shake before biting her bottom lip. H-how could I forget! Not only Moon, but this idiot went through the same fate as Luna and me! No! I-I refuse to have the same sentiment as him!

"But that all changed when Moon arrived. Moon's arrival has changed my perspective on how I view life. Without Moon, I-I would have closed my mind to everything…" says Sun, placing a shaking hoof on Nightmare's shoulder.

He's frightened… thinks Nightmare, looking at Sun's shaking hoof. She then looks into Sun's watery gaze. "What… what does Moon mean to you?"

"More than my life…" says Sun with a soft glow within his gaze.

"Th-that's not fair…" says Nightmare, her lips shaking. "Why aren't you loathing me! I said all those horrible things about you!"

"Because thou truly cares for Luna. The same way I care for Moon. That is why I cannot bring myself to harbor such intentions towards thee, Nightmare," says Sun, smiling.

"No!" says Nightmare, pushing Sun's hoof away with her own. Tears well up in her eyes while gritting her teeth. "I refuse to acknowledge you! If I do, th-then everything I've done… would be meaningless!"

"Nightmare Moon, I will not ask for thy forgiveness, but all I ask is for thee to forgive everypony here. If so, then I shall leave this land and never show myself to thee again," says Sun, smiling.

"Wh-what?" asks Nightmare, her eyes widening.

"Sun…" says Twilight with a pale face.

"Wh-why did Sun say that?" asks Cadance, placing a hoof over her mouth.

"Sun, I will not let you do something so selfish! Don't you realize how many ponies you will hurt if you go through with your decision!" says Celestia, glaring with a watery gaze.

"But if Nightmare were to make amends to everypony here, then perhaps this is the best choice. I have prepared myself for the consequences ahead," says Sun, smiling.

"Sun, please reconsider! You don't have to put yourself through this for the sake of others!" says Luna with tears welling up in her eyes.

"Forgive me, Luna. If I am able to help Celestia and thee for everything thou hast done for Moon and I, then I will gladly go through with this," says Sun, frowning with a small smile.

"Sun…" says Luna with tears trailing down her cheeks.

Sun faces Moon and smiles. "Forgive me, Moon. It seems I will not be able to stay by thy side in the future…"

"S-Sun, please do not go…" says Moon, reaching out a shaking hoof. "Without thee, I-"

Lifting a hoof, Nightmare hits Sun's face. "YOU IDIOT!"

"Sun!" says Twilight and Cadance with wide eyes.

"Nightmare, you've gone too far! I will not let you do as you please anymore!" says Celestia, standing to her hooves and spreading her wings as her horn glows bright yellow.

"No!" says Luna, jumping on the table and placing herself between Nightmare and Celestia. "Tia, please stop!"

"Luna, get out of the way!" says Celestia, swiping a hoof.

"I can't!" says Luna, shaking her head with tears flowing down her face. "I-I didn't want this to happen! I just wanted you all to try and get along with Nightmare!"

"SHUT UP! ALL OF YOU!" says Nightmare, stomping a hoof and cracking the floor. "I'm not finished talking to this idiot in front of me!" she says, pointing a hoof to Sun.

Nightmare turns her head, facing Sun. "Sun, look at me!"

Sun places a hoof on his reddish cheek. He then faces Nightmare, his eyes widening at Nightmare's tears trailing down her face as her lips curl, revealing her teeth.

"How can you say all those things when Moon's the only pony here who's going to suffer the most because of your stupid selfishness!" says Nightmare, pointing a hoof at Moon.

Sun frowns. "But I only-"

"I'm not finished talking!" says Nightmare, glaring.

Nightmare grabs Sun's face with a hoof. Bringing Sun's face close to her own, Nightmare gazes into Sun's eyes.

"Who do you think you are, spouting all that nonsense? I never once agreed to your stupid idea! It angers me just thinking about it!" says Nightmare, gritting her teeth.

"I-I do not understand…" says Sun, frowning.

"Of course not! Because you don't know anything! If you left, do you realize that Moon will become like me in the end!" says Nightmare, tears trailing down her cheeks.

Sun's eyes widen.

"Moon will fall to despair and slowly come to hate everything! Especially the idiots he has come to know! Even Luna and me!" says Nightmare, her hoof on Sun's face shaking.

"Nightmare…" says Luna, frowning.

"As much as I hate you, I-I can't bear to see one of the ponies that truly cares about me end up like that! Because… because Luna and Moon are the most important ponies in my life!" says Nightmare, closing her eyes as tears seep through them.

Nightmare takes her hoof off Sun's face and opens her eyes, glaring. "So don't you dare say anything that dumb again! Do you understand!"

Sun hangs his head and slowly nods.

"Good! Now then…" says Nightmare, turning her head. "Tia!"

"What now?" asks Celestia with a cold glare.

"About your stupid proposal before all these idiots showed up. I will go along with it," says Nightmare, huffing.

"That doesn't sound like you to agree with anything I say. Knowing you, there's something you want in return," says Celestia, furrowing her brows.

"As expected of my supposedly older sister. You catch on quick," says Nightmare, lifting a brow.

"Don't mock me…" says Celestia, glaring.

"Calm down, you uptight princess. I won't leave the castle and I'll behave like a good pony. But in return, don't let this idiot have any ideas of leaving Moon's side ever again," says Nightmare, pointing a hoof to Sun.

Celestia's eyes widen. She then lets out a sigh and smiles. "That's something I can do."

"Ugh! There's that disgusting smile of yours. Honestly, I feel like throwing up whenever I see it," says Nightmare, scoffing.

Celestia puts a hoof over her mouth and chuckles.

Nightmare rolls her eyes. "Anyway, Luna, I'm going to take a nap in your room. Dealing with all of you idiots is making my head hurt…" she says, rubbing her head with a hoof.

"I understand," says Luna, smiling.

Nightmare turns and walks to the doorway. However, she comes to a stop.

"Luna, Moon, sorry for making you both worry…" says Nightmare.

"Do not apologize, Nightmare. We understand," says Moon, smiling.

"Go have a nice long rest," says Luna with a chuckle.

"Y-yeah, I will…" says Nightmare, walking ahead.

Celestia lets out a long sigh. "I'm glad things turned out okay…"

"For a second there, I thought we might have to fight against Nightmare again…" says Twilight, sitting on her haunches and letting out a sigh.

"More like a relief that it didn't come to that…" says Cadance, placing a hoof over her face.

"It's a good thing Moon's here with us. Without him, I don't know what Nightmare would've done…" says Luna, hanging her head.

"That's true…" says Celestia, frowning. She faces Moon, smiling. "Moon, thank you for being here."

"I truly am glad I was able to help thee and Luna. Especially Nightmare," says Moon with a small smile.

"Oh, I almost forgot! Are you guys okay?" asks Twilight, turning. She then lifts a brow, seeing Rainbow and Pinkie with their cheeks puffed out. "Um, Rainbow, Pinkie, why are you holding your breath?"

"Pah!" says Rainbow, opening her mouth and taking a deep breath. "F-finally, I can breathe again!"

"Like I said, why were you even holding your breath?" asks Twilight, placing a hoof over her face.

"I-I can't help it! It felt like I couldn't breathe when Nightmare and you guys started yelling and stuff! I thought if I said anything, you'd all blast each other or something!" says Rainbow, ruffling her mane with her hooves.

"Well, I see where you're coming from…" says Twilight, rubbing her arm with a hoof.

"Hey, Pinkie, why did you copy me? Did you feel the same way too?" asks Rainbow, lifting a brow.

"Puh!" says Pinkie, opening her mouth and taking a deep breath. "Nope! I just wanted to see who could hold their breath the longest! But it looks like I win!"

"Hey, I don't remember making this a contest! Let's go again!" says Rainbow, stomping a hoof.

"Okay!" says Pinkie, grinning.

Twilight rolls her eyes. She then turns her head. "Oh, Applejack, what about you?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," says Applejack, nodding. She turns her head, glaring. "Rarity, can you let go of my arm? You've been grippin' it pretty tight for some time now."

"O-oh! I'm sorry, Applejack…" says Rarity, pulling her hoof away.

"Rarity, are you okay?" asks Twilight, frowning.

"Honestly, no. After seeing that argument with Nightmare, you, and the rest of the princesses, I felt like my heart would stop…" says Rarity, placing a hoof over her chest.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" asks Twilight with a small smile.

"No, it's fine. Just give me some time to catch my breath," says Rarity, smiling.

Twilight nods. Her eyes then widen. "Wait, where's Fluttershy?"

"She's over here," says a voice.

Twilight turns her head, seeing Melody and Lyrical on their haunches.

"Oh, Melody, Lyrical, where is she?" asks Twilight, blinking.

"She's been hiding behind us the entire time," says Melody, chuckling with a hoof over her mouth.

"Yeah," says Lyrical, standing on her hooves and moving to the side, revealing a yellow mare with her head on the ground and her hooves over her face.

"Fluttershy, it's over now. You can stop hiding," says Twilight, letting out a sigh.

Fluttershy lifts a hoof, revealing an eye. She then stands on her hooves, turning her head from side to side. "Is it r-really over?"

"Yes," says Twilight, smiling.

"Oh…" says Fluttershy, frowning. Her eyes widen before bowing her head repeatedly. "Um, Melody, Lyrical, I-I'm so sorry for hiding behind you both!"

"It's okay. But you do get frightened easily, huh?" asks Melody with a chuckle.

"That's an understatement," says Lyrical.

"Lyrical!" says Melody, glaring.

"What?" asks Lyrical, tilting her head.

"Forget it," says Melody, huffing.

"Melody, Lyrical, what about you two?" asks Twilight, furrowing her brows.

"Oh, us? We're fine. We've been with Tia and Lulu for so long. We already know that these kinds of things are going to happen sooner or later," says Melody, chuckling.

"My stupid sister's right. So don't worry about us," says Lyrical with a small smile.

"How can you call your older sister stupid!" says Melody with a watery gaze and shaking lips.

"That's because you are one," says Lyrical, glaring.

"Wiseheart!" says Melody, running with tears spurting out of her eyes.

"Here we go again…" says Wiseheart, rolling her eyes and smiling.

Wiseheart spreads her arms apart, which Melody stops and nuzzles her face into Wiseheart's chest.

"E-even though I'm her older sister, Lyrical always treats me like an idiot!" says Melody, sniffling.

"There, there," says Wiseheart, smiling and stroking a hoof over Melody's mane. She faces Lyrical, frowning. "Lyrical, I know you may think of Melody as an annoyance sometimes, but please try to get along with her, okay?"

"Whatever…" says Lyrical, huffing.

"Honestly, you both are so similar to Tia and Lulu…" says Wiseheart, sighing.

"No, we aren't!" says Celestia and Luna, glaring.

"Especially how childish they tend to be…" says Highwind in a mutter.

"What did you say?" asks Melody and Lyrical, glaring at Highwind.

"N-nothing!" says Highwind with a sheepish grin.

"I'm just glad everypony's cheering up," says Twilight, smiling.

"Not everypony…" says Cadance, frowning.

"You're not feeling well, Cadance?" asks Twilight, furrowing her brows.

"Not me," says Cadance, shaking her head. She points a hoof. "It's Sun."

Twilight follows Cadance's hoof, frowning at the sight of Sun's head hanging.

"I'm guessing what Nightmare Moon said is still on his mind…" says Cadance.

"I-I'll talk to him," says Twilight, walking to Sun.

Cadance puts up a hoof in front of Twilight and shakes her head. "Right now, there's only one pony that can help him," she says, pointing a hoof.

Twilight follows Cadance's hoof. She then smiles, seeing Moon walking to Sun. "I guess I never should've worried."

Moon stops in front of Sun, furrowing his brows. "Sun."

"Moon, please leave me be…" says Sun, closing his eyes.

Moon lifts a hoof to Sun's face, stroking it gently across his cheek. Moon then slides his hoof under Sun's chin and slowly lifts his face as both their eyes meet.

"Sun, please be honest with me. I understand thou wishest to aid Celestia and Luna, but didst thou truly wish to leave?" asks Moon with a soft glow within his gaze.

Sun's eyes widen with tears trailing down his cheeks. "Nay, I-I wish to stay with thee and everypony. From now on and in the future…"

"I see…" says Moon, closing his eyes and resting his forehead on Sun's chest. Tears run down his face with his lips shaking. "Th-then please do not consider those thoughts again…"

"Aye…" says Sun, closing his eyes and resting his head on Moon's.

"WAHHHH!" says Melody, sitting and closing her eyes with tears spurting out. "Wh-why can't Lyrical treat me the same as Moon!"

"You forgot that Moon and Sun aren't normal ponies. Besides, I'd rather roll over and die than fawn over you like that…" says Lyrical, huffing.

"W-Wiseheart!" says Melody, nuzzling her face into Wiseheart's chest.

"Melody, Lyrical might say those things, but deep down, she does care about you. The same way Lulu cares about Tia. Isn't that right, Lulu?" asks Wiseheart, smirking.

"Is that true, Luna?" asks Celestia with a sparkling gaze.

"Wh-what? No, I don't!" says Luna with a bright red face.

"Oh, Lulu, you're not being honest. You always talk to me about how much you worry about Tia not getting enough rest because of her duties," says Wiseheart, chuckling with a hoof over her mouth.

"Wiseheart!" says Luna, glaring with steam coming out of her reddish ears.

"It's true. Luna tends to talk about her worries about Celestia with me too," says Lyrical, smiling.

Luna bites her bottom lip with sweat running down her beet red face. She then closes her eyes with tears seeping through and runs to the doorway. "Lyrical, Wiseheart, I hate you both!"

"I-I think I went a little too far…" says Wiseheart, frowning.

"She'll get over it," says Lyrical, rolling her eyes.

"I'll have to apologize to Luna later. But for now, everypony must be hungry, right?" asks Celestia, smiling.

"Hungry? More like starving!" says Rainbow, rubbing a hoof over her stomach as it growls.

"Me too!" says Pinkie, jumping up and down.

"Honestly, I thought we'd never eat after what happened…" says Applejack, sighing.

"I couldn't even bother to think of eating with Nightmare Moon around…" says Rarity, frowning.

"Y-yeah…" says Fluttershy, slowly nodding.

"Forgive me, but it seems I am also hungry…" says Sun, frowning and placing a hoof over his stomach as it growls.

"I feel the same…" says Moon, placing a hoof over his stomach as it growls.

"As always, Sun and Moon are honest with themselves," says Melody, chuckling with a hoof over her mouth.

"Too honest…" says Lyrical, huffing.

"But that's what makes them so adorable," says Wiseheart with a giggle.

"True," says Cadance with a chuckle.

"Even I've never met anypony as unique like the princes," says Highwind, shaking his head and smiling.

"Well, let's not waste any time. Go ahead, everypony. Enjoy yourselves," says Celestia, smiling.

"Ah, Sun and Moon are already eating without us!" says Pinkie, pointing a hoof.

"Hey, Sun, stop eating all of the apple tarts!" says Rainbow, running ahead.

"And Moon's eatin' all the muffins!" says Applejack, running.

"Moon, Sun, p-please save some for us!" says Fluttershy, running ahead.

"Why does this feel like a repeat of the other day we had tea with the princesses?" asks Rarity, trotting and rolling her eyes.

"Wiseheart, Lyrical, let's hurry before they eat everything!" says Melody, running.

"Yeah, yeah," says Lyrical, huffing.

"I don't know why everypony's in a rush. We can just go ask for more food later," says Wiseheart, walking ahead with a chuckle.

"Hopefully there are still more muffins…" says Highwind, walking and sighing.

"Don't worry, Highwind. Knowing this place, there's more food to go around," says Cadance, walking beside Highwind.

"Let's hope that the castle has anything left when this day is over…" says Highwind, frowning.

"Honestly, it's so lively with everypony here," says Celestia with a small chuckle.

"Y-yeah, but I'm sorry about my friends being that way," says Twilight, placing a hoof over her face.

"Come now, Twilight. There's no need to apologize. Besides, aren't you going to join them?" asks Celestia, blinking.

"I will. But right now, there's something I have to tell you…" says Twilight, rubbing an arm with a hoof.

"Twilight, you can always talk to me about anything," says Celestia, smiling.

"I-I know, but you might not like the sound of this after settling everything with Nightmare Moon…" says Twilight, biting her bottom lip.

"Wh-what's wrong?" asks Celestia, frowning.

"It's… it's Sunset Shimmer. Earlier this morning, I just received a message from her and she's planning to visit Equestria tomorrow. Mostly to see you…" says Twilight, furrowing her brows.

"Sunset's coming here?" asks Celestia with wide eyes. She then frowns. "Oh dear…"




To be continued…

Comments ( 8 )

*crying*
Me: I love this story T_T
My friend: dude, you crying
*Still crying*
Me: I Love This Story T-T
My friend: dude, you already said it
*Crying more*
Me: I LOVE THIS STORYYYY T0T
My friend: dude, calm down... Here tissue...
:raritycry::raritycry::raritycry:

Ps: and for the pic, its High Quality for my heart :heart:

When Nightmare was being mean to Sun it felt like someone screaming at a dog that did nothing and just everyone to be happy again. Still a good chapter tho

Una

It always amazes me how mature and selfless Sun & Moon can be at times for only being truly born a short time ago. Good chapter! I cant wait for the next update. :heart:

Well, I bench watch read the entire fic, and is good, there’s a few mistakes at the begging and some things are a little weird, but in general is good

Any way, see you around in a year when the next update drops

Una
Una #6 · Dec 6th, 2021 · · ·

Update?

:trollestia: waiting for Cadence to get kissed by boys to cause more chaos

Login or register to comment