• Published 4th Jan 2014
  • 1,452 Views, 7 Comments

The Spirits of Hearth's Warming Eve - JusSonic



The three tribal leaders of centuries ago returns, going back to their big battle against one another with the Mane Six and their friends caught in the middle.

  • ...
9
 7
 1,452

Chapter 4: Fear itself

Chapter 4: Fear itself

The whole civil war got big when the real ponies got involved, fighting off the Ice Ponies and the machines. The CMC do their best to fight their good friend the Garoozis, although the foals feels saddened about doing so.

"Ponies, to the front; Get some ropes over there!" Big Macintosh exclaims to some of the ponies who grabs some ropes to tie some of the machines down, though some of them has gotten out.

"We haven't made a big confrontation like this since Lorcan." Lyra said to her roommate Bon-Bon in concern.

"We just got to go our best to save our world." Bon-Bon answers her friend right back.

During the fight, the figure is watching while throwing her knifes and daggers at the ice ponies within the shadows.

The figure remarks, "Even if my friends win, the mad tribe rulers will come back unless...if I recall the three tribes rulers' bodies are still in ice in that cave. If the gang can find the cave and thaw the bodies out, the three mad tribe rulers hate may fade and they can cross to the other side. Better let Goldie know about this."

With that the figure heads off to find Golden heart while staying in the shadows and attacks if needed. The advisers and subordinate quickly fires a blast at their former bosses who dodges them.

"You dare go after me?!" Hurricane snarls as she send out icicle and lightnings against the 'traitors'. "I have you know, I send traitors to the gallows for less than this."

"We will stop you no matter what." Clover said in concern and regret. "Only you 3 can end this war."

"You're right...only we can end this by ending you right here!" Princess Platinum snaps as she ends in a cold front at the good ghosts who block with their heat wave, "What?!"

"We done learned a few tricks over 'de years. Shame yew didn't." Smart Cookie said in regret as she made trees come to life and attack the 3 rulers, "Maybe when 'dis is over, yew will thank us."

"Don't tell us whom to thank!" Puddinghead snaps as she forces the trees to break in half. "Now let's see you deal with this."

Clover, Smart Cookie and Private Pansy yelps as Puddinghead is using her power to break them apart. It looks like they are done for, even in dead. But then a blast sent the mad rulers away.

"Okay, enough!" Ben, the one who attacks, exclaims sternly as he is joined by the Mane Six, Spike, Golden Heart, Nyx and Phobos. "It's time for you three to come to your senses and stop this or we will stop you!"

"Why would you ponies even work together," Platinium demands angrily and confused to Ben. "And how did you do that?! Earth filth can't learn magic!"

"Apparently you don't know the power of the Triforce Element."

"All right, you three, give up! It's us against you now!" Spike exclaims to the mad ghosts in determination.

"So this is the dragon who saved the Crystal Empire." Puddinghead giggles like a fool to Spike. "Shame Cadance got most of the praise. But then again, you had another time to shine didn't you? When you defeated your brother, the second most feared dragon."

"If you're thinking of making me feel bad, that won't work anymore."

"Out of my way, losers, come on!" Diamond Tiara snaps to Nyx and Spike as she pushes them out of the way.

"What's this?" Hurricane asks Diamond Tiara in amusement.

"Give me power. I wanna kill the blank flanks, Nightmare Moon and that lizard!"

"You will do no such thing!" Golden Heart snaps to Diamond Tiara sternly. "The wielders Elements of Harmony will not allow that."

"What ae they gonna do?!" Diamond Tiara snaps to Golden Heart in disrespect.

"Why do you so no respect to the mares that beaten Nightmare Moon, Discord and Tirek, or to Spike, who saved the Crystal Empire and saved us all?"

"Hey, I got my reasons, you freak, you got yours."

"Sorry, but we don't give out power to those who won't work with us." Hurricane said slyly as she sent out a lightning bolt right at Diamond Tiara, causing her to yelp in fear.

But then Nyx jumps in and uses a shield to block the attack. The alicorn filly snaps, "If it weren't the fact that I must defend even ponies like you and not Nightmare Moon anymore, I would've let her get you. Consider yourself lucky, Diamond Bratra!"

"Heh heh, nice one," Phobos said to Nyx with a giggle.

"You ponies may as well listen up here, for all the rock upon the ground of dirt will eventually crumble." Chancellor Puddinghead spoke off from pressing her front hooves onto the ground that had no snow.

"Yeah, so," Phobos questioned this pink pony ghost and her reason being.

Suddenly without warning, the ground around the chancellor was...drying up. The snow around it was melting sure, but the grass and flowers seen were...drying, wilting away...to break into dust.

"What's happening? The grass is drying up!" Noteworthy yelped in seeing this happen all so sudden.

"That ain't all! Look!" Golden Harvest exclaimed to point in seeing, any stone of rock or structure, was crumbling a bit from where this ghost's power was spreading.

Then without warning, a tree that was nearby went 'poof', turn to dust that frighten the ponies.

"What's going on?" Derpy yelped in not knowing what was happening.

"It's Puddinghead! She's going to dry up the ground!" Twilight Sparkle warned her friends of this, but...

Too late, as the ground from Chancellor Puddinghead broke apart, the grounds of dirt and rock were cracking into a bumpy state.

"Woooh! Wha-Wha-What's happening now?" Spike yelped from getting his balance, the shaking was hard to keep a balance.

Worst yet, was when some Earth Ponies or Unicorns yelped that the ground beneath broke and they almost would have fallen deep in. But they held up to the edge while some of the Pegasus Ponies rushed to help with their flight to save them.

"If you think this is all I can do, then you're sadly mistaken! The ponies of dirt will see how even the dryness of sand is a force to be seen." Chancellor Puddinghead proclaimed from holding her front hooves up again, but slowly tap it into the ground. "These hooves will bestow dryness to all I touch...Endlessly..." As the spirit pony of the Earth types spoke, the ground around her hooves was sending out a strange wave-link.

The others were looking around the ground, and starting to recognize the shaking. It was spreading to a larger portion of where they all are.

"This ain't good." Sweetie Belle stated in looking and feeling, this won't be pleasant.

Then without warning, sand erupted from the cracks from beneath, almost like it was bleeding. But around Chancellor Puddinghead, a fallen stone structure was suddenly...sinking.

"AHHHHH; NOT MORE OF THIS," Caramel screams in alarm and worry.

"Out of the way, out of the way," Some of the ponies scream in alarm by the sinking while moving around to avoid sinking.

Then off around the others, they saw a statue pony of the Town Hall center piece...was leaking off sand. But the weirder part still, was that half its base front degraded to becoming sand.

"Look! The stone," The Mayor pointed in noticing in fright, what was happening while seeing the statue tilt?

"Even the statues are becoming sand!" Time Turner responded in horror to believe what was happening.

The statue made impact on the ground, and then afterwards...evaporated completely into nothing but sand.

"'Dis is bad...she's making 'de ground die o' dryness!" Applejack exclaimed in shocking disbelief, this spirit that controls reality, is changing the ground where they walk on.

"Waaaugh," Rarity yelped from raising her front hooves to see...her new shoe wear dried up and...disintegrated. "Aaahhh...my new shoe wear...it's...turn to sand dust!" The unicorn yelped in seeing the power that could ruin fabric wear.

"Everything I can touch on the ground...will dry up!" Chancellor Puddinghead smirked with an evil expression in about to unleash the storm.

"LOOK OUT!" Big Macintosh shouted with wide eye concern warning, something big was coming.

"Meet my...Cycle Of Erosion!" Chancellor Puddinghead declared from creating what looks like her first move, but stronger as the sand was increasing in speed to attack everything in its path.

"EVERYPONY HOLD ON!" Twilight shouted before she and any unicorn cast barrier spells just in the nick of time.

The attack went by, but a lot of the area was quaking, sand covered the whole area. Once done, the barriers floated any pony up over the sand and dismiss the spell to look at the scene.

"That pony is no laughing matter, she turn this part of Town Hall into a dessert." Rainbow spoke in seeing what the chancellor spirit pony had performed.

"Ha! You think that's something, check this out!" Commander Hurricane flew over to brag how what her tribe cohort did was nothing, to what she can do.

Then the storm and blizzard got worst, but far from it come a true horror. For soon came a roaring vortex from the clouds that touched the ground, it was...a blizzard tornado.

"No way; A tornado," Cheerilee yelped in shock to see this all to sudden now.

"But only a number of Pegasus ponies could pull that, even all of Cloudsdale just barely got enough fliers to pull it off!" Rainbow Dash proclaimed that such a feat was impossible for one Pegasus alone.

"Then you'll love this action!" Commander Hurricane smirked with an evil grin, as she was charging up body like an electric zapper.

Soon the commander went into her tornado, blizzard blowing and lightning flashing off from within. It was a true storm of terror to be sure. Worst, was that some of the Dragon Army of Equestria were caught in the pull, some of their wings were frozen from the cold and they were blasted with lightning.

"Aaaaughh..." Many of the dragons cried out before falling and impacting on the ground.

"Uaagh..." Draco was one of the fallen and he tried to get up along with an Ice Dragon and Storm Dragon allies of his.

"Draco, hey man, can you hold up?" Spike spoke from when he and Phobos came to check up on their dragon allies.

"We're trying...but these spirits are harder to beat than living foes!" Draco spoke from his struggled words when getting back on his feet, even though he's hurt.

"Hah, you all believe you've seen the worst, well look no further!" Princess Platinum remarked off from appearing in the air before the rest. "I have a special surprise for you all!" At that statement, she used her magic and illusions to come forth.

Right there were many Ice Ponies on Princess Platinum's side, but in their center were illusions being cast, spreading, and strangely making the ice base ponies body grow and reforge into...new entities.

"Meet your worst enemies come back in new features!" Princess Platinum proclaimed with an evil taunt and laugher while the storm's lightning put in a dramatic effect of all the worst seen enemies the ponies have meant and seen, are here. Nightmare Moon, Discord, Chrysalis, King Sombre, Boris the Red Devil, Ben's Demon Pony Self, some of the Brotherhood members, Tadaka & Lorcan, Tirek, Metal Iron the Invincible, even some enemies of the past, all through the Mane Six's adventures...were gathered up here like one bad dream turn into a real nightmare come true.

"Oh no; they're back! All of them!" Daisy exclaims to her friends frantically.

"The horror, the horror," Lily cries out in fright. The ponies look panicked and freaked for the obvious reasons alone.

"Everypony, don't be feared, they're just more illusions." Twilight tried to assure everyone that what they see is but more illusions, they can't hurt them.

"Hah! Ya hear that! You ain't real! And I got a lot of stuff to tell you Tadaka! You're ah...!" Phobos came up to a Tadaka illusion to tell this guy off, not being afraid, but... "Powwvhhmmm/Clumpvhmmm..." The Tadaka looking being waves its tail that sent poor Phobos crashing against the ground.

"Phobos," Nyx yelped when she and some others came to check on the Moon Dragon.

"Wooh; for an illusion, they pack quite a wallop!" Phobos cringe his aching neck, feeling that for something not real, it HITS like its real.

"You think I let a simple dis-illusion spell ruin this, hardly!" Princess Platinum exclaimed with a sly smile in letting the fools here know something. "By encasing my illusions in Ice Pony bodies and reshaping them, they have all their real abilities and yes, they CAN...HURT you mentally and physically!" She laughed madly in letting the others know that these illusions are for real, which means, that unless the ice bodies go, the illusions of the ponies worst enemies will be able to hurt them.

"Well this wasn't something I like to have expected!" Golden Heart exclaimed in seeing the situation go from bad to much, much worst now.

A figure, not the one that Golden Hearts, watch in worry as he mumbles, "Spike..."

"No! Please! Make it stop!" Fluttershy cried in fear while covering her eyes from the surrounding nightmare illusions.

"Fluttershy, be brave!" Ben exclaims to Fluttershy in concern. "We must face the fears."

"Right, we shall take on whoever is more comfortable." Twilight said to Fluttershy in assuring. "I will handle Nightmare Moon."

"Mr. Ed's mahne," Applejack said with a nod while glaring at Tirek, the one who once turned her ancestor into an evil dragon.

"I will handle Discord." Rainbow said as she got his nunchucks out.

"I will handle my Demon Pony self." Ben said with a nod.

"I got Chrysalis and King Sombra." Golden Heart said with a nod.

"I will handle Boris." Nyx said with a nod. "Phobos, wanna come?"

"Sure do!" Phobos exclaims with a chuckle, ready for anything.

"Yeah, I guess I got my father and brother." Spike said uncomfortable while glancing at the illusions of his father and brother.

"I will handle the weakling ruffians." Rarity said, referring to the Flim-Flam brothers and Diamond Dogs.

"Goodie! We get the leftovers!" Pinkie exclaims happily as she got her party cannon out. "Come on, Flutter! We got work to do!"

"O... Okay." Fluttershy said timidly.

Nightmare Moon laughs as Twilight comes to her. The illusion taunts, "Did you enjoy hanging with your little filly daughter; Shame that she will be motherless soon, but you got to expect that from me!"

"Your trickery and such won't work on me, Nightmare Moon!" Twilight snaps as she fires blasts at the illusion, Nightmare Moon dodge. The mare teleports and reappear nears the villainess, kicking her away. "I have accepted Nyx as my daughter. You don't scare me a bit!"

"Well, that's left to be settled, is it?" Nightmare Moon asks Twilight slyly, making Twilight snort a bit.

Twilight fires a blast at Nightmare Moon. Meanwhile Discord grins as he fires candy spears at Rainbow who flew around.

"Well, it appears Miss Loyalty still got that spunk on herself." Discord said slyly.

"I may have abandoned my pals one time but you're the one who tricked me into doing so in the first place!" Rainbow snaps as she got her nunchucks gun out. "This is payback, pure and simple!"

"What a dumb Pegasus!" Discord laughed meanly, "Your Nunchuck gun can't shoot! It'll never work!"

"Enough of your nonsense, time to get Dasheresque!" Rainbow exclaims as she put on her sunglasses...then fires a blast at Discord who yelps as the attack hits him.

"What's this?" Discord asks then yelps as Rainbow flew around, hitting him with the nunchucks part.

"Oh yeah, there's a punishment with your name on it, and it's called 'Dasheresque'!" Rainbow taunts her enemy while hitting him a few more times.

"Okay, Rainbow Crash, you asked for it!" Discord snarled as he starts fighting back.

"Yeah, at times like this, I wonder how you summoned during the dark times of Ponyland." Rainbow said as she dodges his chocolate clouds and dime boulders. "But you at least put up a fight so there's that."

Pinkie Pie grins as she got her party cannon ready and open fire onto Metal Iron the Invincible and the others enemies, remarking, "Fire in the hole!"

The enemies got hit. The illusion Gilda swipes at Fluttershy who dodges her. The mare clears her throat and screams out. Her animal friends appear and attack the false griffin big time.

"So you're fighting back, huh crybaby?" Gilda snapped, "I'll make you pay for that!"

"You mess with me, I get mean!" Fluttershy remarks as she head butts the fake Gilda right in the chest. "And that's for trying to kill me before!"

Ben yelps as his Demon Pony self slash at him. The monster growls as he slashes at the heroes.

"I find it hard to believe that I was once like this." Ben mumbles as he flew up and hit his former self hard with a fireball. "And without me in there, the Demon Pony self doesn't have any mind."

The ghosts of Clover, Pansy and Smart Cookie slams right into their former bosses, the latter do their best to outdo the 'traitors'. Pansy pleads, "Please, please. You gotta stop!"

"Over my soul," Hurricane snaps as she made some wind almost blow Pansy away. "Anyway, this will stop with when my side wins!"

"You mean when mine, you idiot!" Platinum snaps to Hurricane while firing out ice magic at Smart Cookie who dodges it.

"Mine, mine; you all losers," Puddinghead remarked with a laugh. She then turns into a giant ghostly snake, laughing madly at her opponents.

"No! Mine, airhead," Hurricane shouted.

"Who are you calling an airhead?! You're the one in the sky all the time!" Puddinghead scowls as she slams her tail against the ghosts who barely dodge. "Anyway, can an airhead do this?!"

Puddinghead grabs a building with her tail and throws it at Clover, Smart Cookie and Puddinghead...which they pass through. They are dead already.

"Ha! That's what I called a 'strength testing stunt'!" Puddinghead laughs eagerly.

"Ugh, you are so random." Hurricane said to Puddinghead, slapping a hoof to her face.

Applejack dodges Tirek's blasts while the centaur snarls, "Give up, pony!"

"Never, Ah shall avenge what yew did 'ta mah ancestor up 'ta mah dying breath!" Applejack snaps to Tirek in determination.

"If your ancestor couldn't stop me then, what makes you think you can?!" Tirek taunts Applejack sinisterly.

"Because we done beat yer tail last Nightmare Night wit' Megan's help...an' we're aching on doing it again!" Applejack snaps as she grabs her hat, it glows with a magical glow, and throws it.

The hat then hits Tirek hard, causing him to he was send to the ground hard. The centaur got up, demanding, "But how?!"

"Mah Magical Hat; What a 20% awesome ability, as Rainbow Dash would say,' Applejack remarks with a grin.

"I will make mincemeat out of you!" Tirek snarls but suddenly Applejack grabs him with her rope, tightening tight all over him.

"Nnope; Shame gittin' 'de advantage 'dis time," Applejack exclaims with a laugh.

Rarity, meanwhile, grins as she watch the Flim-Flam illusions fire magic at her but she block the attack with her Eternal Diamond attack, absorbing their magic and firing it back at them.

"Come on, you scam ponies! Is that the best you can do?" Rarity taunted the Flim-Flam Brothers.

"Get the pony! Break her head!" The fake Rover orders his boys who advantages on Rarity but she fires her diamonds right at him.

"You mutts think my whining was bad before?! Well, you haven't seen all of it just yet!" Rarity shouts out at her former captors making them yelp and worry.

"Oh, no; Not that," The fake Spot said in fear.

"Oh yes, that." Rarity said with an evil grin then shouts madly, chasing after the Diamond Dogs while keeping her attacks right on the fake Flim-Flams.

Golden Heart uses his magic to block the attacks of Chrysalis and King Sombra. The fake queen remarks, "So you are Celestia's friend? I thought she was the weakling but you didn't even show up to help her fight me."

"Bite your tongue, Chrysalis! I know who you really are!" Golden Heart snaps as he fires a wave that knocks Chrysalis back a bit. "And you, King Sombra, I am ashamed of you, enslaving the Crystal Ponies, torturing them. What kind of king does that to his own citizens?!"

"A king of darkness, that's what!" King Sombra hissed with an evil grin.

"Right," Golden Heart said sarcastically to King Sombra who growls. "You get to enslave ponies and no one questions you for it. At least Shining and Cadance does better than you ever do!"

King Sombra snaps as he fires magic but Golden Heart blocks. Chrysalis tries to tackle him but the alicorn blocks her.

"Tell me, what do you mean 'who I really am'?!" Chrysalis demands angrily to Golden Heart.

"That's a secret best left for another day." Golden Heart said sternly while looking at Ben fighting the Demon Pony. "At least, not until it's time to do so."

"At least you will be dead by the time that even happens." King Sombra booms while sending out crystal magic in hopes to encase his enemy in it but Golden Heart's eyes glow, blocking the attack.

"Attacking an alicorn while he's not looking, eh, Sombra? You are more of a coward than a king." Golden Heart taunts King Sombra with a smirk on his face.

"Attacking an alicorn while he's not looking, eh Sombra? You are more a coward than a king." Golden Heart taunts King Sombra with a smirk on his face.

Soon, Ben's Demon Pony self smirked at seeing he's weaken his prey, and soon dash to pounce and claw the guy right there. Or so it seemed.

"Slisisivhmm..." Suddenly, in the blink of an eye, the Demon Pony was seen frozen while a strange line appeared in the middle. It suddenly slips in two halves there with the creature showing a shock expression while the illusion essence faded out of the Demon Pony. And there, Ben Mare stood in a strange pose, his Triforce Mark glowed which took our attention from that to what he held in his front hooves? It appeared to look like a double-edged longsword with a ricasso and no fuller shape, with a purple grip and blue guard. Interesting enough, the Triforce mark can be seen engraved in the lower part of the blade and a yellow gemstone is embedded in the crossguard.

"Ben...when did you... acquire that sword?" Golden Heart spoke from when he saw what Ben did to his evil self...with that sword in his hands, or hooves.

"Huh." Ben Mare suddenly took the chance to look and realize, he was holding a weapon, which was new, yet oddly okay with it. "Gosh, I'm not sure...I just wanted to stop my former past self from wanting to hurt others then myself that I care for." The stallion shrugs off his response in not getting this, but all he cared for was stopping his evil self from hurting anybody.

"Your Triforce power must have called it forth to aid you. I know what that is; it's the Master Sword, a weapon relating to the Triforce and sword of legends past." Golden Heart explained this to Celestia's son that he holds a weapon that's practically relating to his Triforce Elements.

"Wow, guess I'm its new keeper, then." Ben spoke with a smile in holding the sword for him to have a better look, as he focus on his Triforce mark, the sword followed the glow and disappeared...he figured out something of a weapon summoning trick here.

"Still, last I recall, it had more power than just cutting off any evil, henceforth, it's known as the Blade of Evil's Bane." Golden Heart held his chin in pondering this with a deep thought about what he saw seemed...odd to him. "Perhaps it hasn't fully awakened, the gem in the crossguard is still dark and the guard is still retracted towards the grip. I'm still amazed that he managed to call it forth in the first form, guess when he restores the blade to full power, the crossguard will regain its winged form and the gem gain it's more yellow color." The pony whispered this much under his breath where only he would hear it, believing that the Master Sword Ben Mare is able to wield, is but the first form that hasn't awaken yet to display its fullest of powers, however, time will tell when that comes of age when it's needed.

"So you got a sword. Big deal; I can still eat you!" The Demon Pony snarled.

"I will not allow you to deter me. My evil self dies today!" Ben exclaims sternly as he charges at the Demon Pony who charges right back. A noise is heard as both strikes at the same time.

The Demon Pony growls...then split into two. Ben's sword has made its mark. The monster explodes, much to the hero's notice.

"And thus, that's one nightmare I will never miss." Ben said with a victorious smirk.

During the time, the figure was getting to Golden Heart but saw Ben there and hid but saw a blade that she had read from an old book that told of old legends.

"The sword of legends; Now Benny is more stronger the ever. I can't wait to see Grimmore's face it will be so funny." She said with a slight chuckle. But then the figure heard a noise from behind her and turned around to see someone she really hated a lot. (It is an illusion) It was like her, but wearing a costume of what looked made out of ponies.

"Hello, prey." The creature known as Psycho Pie remarked madly to her.

"Psycho Pie," The figure snaps angrily at herself (literally). "Even if you're an illusion but can still get really hurt, it will make me happy."

"And why is that?" Psycho Pie asks the figure curiously.

"I get to kill you like I want to do TO THE REAL ONE!" The figure answers with a laugh. A little battle then starts.

Suddenly with Spike's situation, he came across the last few villains he ever has to face. One of them being his deceased evil part of his brother; Lorcan, while the other was to his own guess...was his father.

"Hahahahah, so you are my second child born, what a pity!" Tadaka cackled with an evil grin on his face, as Spike saw what his father looks and behaves like for the first time.

"Hey! What's that suppose to me?" Spike snap from seeing he was being made fun of.

"Unlike your brother, you've been fooled into believing ponies are our friends." Tadaka explained to his second child that he's been made a fool to ally himself with ponies.

"Well guess what! They are to me!" Spike snap to point this out to this form of an ice pony of his decease father, just before looking to the one of his brother. "Come on Lorcan, you should know that too, remember?" The baby dragon remembers what happened at the time his brother left this world; surely he would not have return to repeat his mistakes.

"The thing I remember is how you let me die, stole the darkness that made me want to kill ponies to become...soft! Not anymore, THIS...is whole I am!" Lorcan protest off in declaring that he's now hating Spike for what happened to him in the first place.

"No...this isn't you. I know it." Spike yelped for worry, this guy shouldn't act this way; it's just the effects of the illusion, right?

"Your brother has spoken his mind, and it's not too late for you." Tadaka spoke with a claw offering to his child to take. "Join us, son. And together...Dragons shall rule when all ponies...cease to exist!" The evil dragon wants Spike to be a part of the bigger picture and evil one at that.

"No! I won't do it!" Spike protest out to swing his left claw against his father's offer to hurt his friends.

"It's in your blood. Our father's blood! We're all the same!" Lorcan was trying to get his brother to see reason of being.

"It doesn't matter, I choose who I want to be, I won't follow in the path of hating ponies!" Spike declared off that no matter what these two say, he won't try to go and hurt his friends.

"What a shame, if that's the case..." Tadaka spoke with a mouth raging with inferno flames as bright as the sun. "Let my worthless offspring perish from this plain of the living!" The evil dragon declared before about to unleash his fiery fury out.

"Young dragon; Get out of there!" Draco shouted from noticing the event before going off to save Spike.

"SPIKE," Twilight cried out from seeing her assistant and friend and adoptive brother about to get attack while she can't protect him in time,

"Frusvhmmm...BREAKRIVVHPMM..." Suddenly in the blink of an eye, something was shot straight across that pierced the two evil dragons' chest and shatter what was ice casing.

"Graugh...uuraagh..." Tadaka gasped from his attack being stopped to notice...the hole that was punctured.

"Uuuagh...rrrragh," Lorcan also was looking, gaping in shock that he was pierced too.

"Frsuvhmm..." Soon the illusions in the icy bodies of Tadaka and Lorcan were slipping away and as Spike looked beyond the two was...a mysterious figure in a hood cloak that was hiding to blend with the stormy environment.

"Huh?" Spike responded surprise, but from a good glimpse of it, he basically recognized that person, just before he disappeared behind the blizzard winds.

"Are you alright Spike?" Draco asked from finally arriving to check if King Spykoran's grandson was alright and unharmed.

"Um...yeah; But...that person who helped me," Spike nods to the captain, but looked back at who he saw saved him. "He saved me again, like he did from Tirek that time." The baby dragon explained how he saw that same hidden person who used fire to protect him and his grandpa from Tirek's Rainbow of Darkness.

"Wrsuvhmm..." From behind Spike, much to Draco's notice, he saw two beam saber swords that were stab in the snowy ground, but the emerald flames surrounding them completely made the two vanished. That explains it, the unknown figure thrown those two, stab the impostor dragons, destroying the bodies and dispelling the illusion; yet they seem awfully familiar.

"That weapon, that strength, and the smallest presence...it felt like..." Draco spoke in his thoughts in what all this seem to add up to, but then he shoos the feeling off. "But that can't be, he's deceased. Is my mind playing tricks on me in this storm?" Draco didn't know if who that mysterious figure that saved Spike was of 'that' person he was thinking of or not, the situation is still completely out of whack here.

"Draco, what's up?" Spike looked up to the captain in seeing something was distracting the dragon.

"Nothing, come, your friends need aid?" Draco shrug off to get his attention back at what's going on before the dragons had to act to help the others against the tribe rulers and their army of ice ponies, machines, even villain realistic-illusions.

Now things around one enemy were just as bizarre as anyone else's situation. For now those that were facing Discord, or rather, the ice pony made illusion, were getting a lot of hard cases from him. He's used the same crazy and chaotic abilities like the real thing; Exploding chocolate milk glasses, scratching/screeching chalk noises, and any other crazy stuff.

"I must say, you have managed to handle me well." Discord pointed out in being impressed by his challenger that survived against his very ability, so far. "And I was fearing that ponies here were starting to forget me." The chimera proclaimed with a smoggy attitude in how ponies might have forgotten what he can do from being gone so long.

"Yeah, yeah, as if I do missed ya." Rainbow remarks with a scoff. "Though to be honest, a bit of me wondered what happened during the last time we deal with Lorcan."

"Oh my! You mean you don't know, or at least, what happened to my 'REAL' self and the ordeal?" Discord responded a bit pretend shock that the news of his demise was never told. "I was going to backstab that dragon teen named Lorcan and turn his dragons into my own Dragon Army of Chaos, but he ruined it all!" He explained what happened during the time Lorcan wanted to invade and rule Equestria with dragons, and Discord would have done something if the ring-leader of the brotherhood didn't stop him.

"How'd he ruin that?" Rainbow asked puzzled in what Lorcan did to Discord that the guy didn't get away with something.

"Oh, that's the miserable part. Bad enough my body was turned to stone...AGAIN!" Discord groans to slap his forehead in sheer agony in remembering most of what happened to his 'real' self. "But the scoundrel had to separate my very SOUL, trapping it and hidden it away while my body remain a garden piece in Canterlot's garden palace!" The chimera snapped off in rage how his body is used for a garden display while his soul remained hidden away and unsure where it was put.

"Lorcan separated your soul?" Rainbow responded a bit surprised to hear this piece of news just now.

"Precisely; Even if I'm an Ice Pony and an illusion, I'm still me of my trait of Chaos and Disharmony!" Discord proclaimed out that, while he's not the real deal, he still has all his memory and the abilities to bring chaos.

"Of course he is." Rainbow rolled the eyes in hearing this explanation from before of this chimera villain.

"And once this war with you ponies is done, it doesn't matter which side wins, chaos will rain here!" Discord proclaimed with a wicked smile in seeing he'll have a chance to make everything be in total chaos, no matter who wins this silly war of types. "And after I give back some payback, I'll first go and find where my soul was hidden away to reunite it with my stone body!" His plan was perfect, now that his personality was in control of this ice pony's body, even as an illusion, he still thinks like the 'real' Discord in wanting to bring Chaos to all.

"And how can you tell what your soul looks like if it's trapped?" Rainbow asked a bit puzzled in how this Discord guy would know what his trapped soul even looks like. "And just what did Lorcan do that you feel so frustrated about it?" The Pegasus pony also questioned this in whatever Lorcan did to Discord that he's more frustrated and angry about what has happened to him.

"Believe me, it's the 'most' degrading thing to happen to me and I rather not talk about it!" Discord remotely stated with a dry tone. As far as the ponies don't know, when he was turned into a glass sphere holding his soul, his voice was changed to sound like...a chipmunk. Bad enough he has to suffer one act, but if ponies learn of this, he be the laughing stock to have had that happen to him.

"Can I ask you one more question?"

"What?"

"Do you know how easily distracted you are? Now Ben," Rainbow exclaims with a smirk. Discord turns just in time to be zapped hard by the power of Ben's Triforce Element. The villain screams as the attack goes through him, making him break into pieces...literally.

"Oh dash it all! I was so close to finally appearing again after so long!" Discord cried out from seeing he's about to go to pieces here, and after finally appearing again here without knowing when he'll have another shot again. "Sooohohohoooo...Clohohohoosssse!" After that long echoey demise cry, his ice body shattered to pieces and the illusion trapped inside escaped to vanish away.

Twilight and her friends continue fighting off the remaining illusions but the fight keeps getting rough. The cowpony kicks Tirek while groaning, "Awww turkey shoot! These guys kept gitting up."

"Right and the ghosts of the true founders are still fighting it off with the mad tyrants." Twilight said with a sigh.

"Right and I am getting bored here." Pinkie mumbles as she kept on firing her cannon shots at some of the illusions. "I just wish we can end this sooner."

"Then, my little ponies, your wish is granted." A familiar voice calls out. The good guys turn to see the answers to their prayers: Celestia and Luna, the princess is making some sort of huge attack appear.

"Grandma, Luna!" Nyx exclaims to Celestia and Luna in surprise while dodging Boris's shots.

"All good ponies; move away," Luna advises the good guys. Twilight and her friends quickly move out of the way in time and away from their enemies.

"Gaia's Sun," Celestia exclaims as she fires her attack right onto the remaining illusions. Nightmare Moon, Chrysalis, even those who are illusions of the former cult members didn't have time to move as the attack hit in, shattering the villains and destroying the illusions from within.

"My goodness, that was...incredible!" Rarity exclaims as the alicorn land near the group. "What is that?"

"Oh, it's an attack I made for special occasions...and this is indeed a special one."

"You did good, mom, you did good." Ben said while nuzzling his mother. Celestia smiles then spots a familiar sword on her son's person.

"Is that..." Celestia begins to ask in amazement but then shakes it off. "Later. Right now...we got the real enemy to deal with."

Celestia is right, the illusions are taking down. Now Hurricane, Platinum and Puddinghead are the only ones left to be stop.

Author's Note:

The battle is almost getting to a close. The heroes join the ghosts to fight off the mad rulers but what big trick does Clover, Smart Cookie and Pansy has yet to try? And will the surprising arrival of a new ally turn the tide? Read, review and suggest!

The desert idea part battle was with Crocodile from One Piece.

Puddinghead's snake form came from Beetlejuice, along with the strength-testing stunt reference.

Ben's sword came from the Legend of Zelda series.

Celestia's attack first appeared in 'Ponies on Celebrity Deathmatch 3'.