• Published 5th Jan 2014
  • 1,875 Views, 50 Comments

Friendship is Shining: Boasts and Brag - Hopeful_Ink_Hoof



A new unicorn comes to Ponyville making outrageous claims and humiliating whomever challenges her

  • ...
1
 50
 1,875

Snips, Snails, and Dragon Scales

"Twilight?" Spike asked. "Are you okay?"

"No," the filly responded, turning to the young dragon. "Shiny finally stood up to her, but he didn't do anything. Now she still thinks she is the most powerful unicorn in Ponyville. He should have... should have..."

"Should have what?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"I don't know. Turn her into an orange. Lock her in a shield bubble and use her like a pinball." Twilight let out a sigh, sagging. "Something. You've seen what he can do. He could have easily beaten that bully and stopped her from being so mean." She looked at the ground, kicking at the dirt in front of her.

"Twilight," Spike said as he put a claw on her shoulder, "why don't you go play with your friends? You can talk to Shining when you get home later. Besides," he looked toward Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle, "it might make you feel better."

"Okay." The purple filly walked over to where the other two stood and started talking to them. The three of them then took off. Spike watched them go, then turned as something else caught his eye: Snips and Snails running through town.

The young dragon's eyes narrows as his ear fins gave a twitch. What were they up to? Spike walked toward the wagon the two unicorn colts had been running toward.

"Tells us about how you vanquished the Ursa Major," he overheard Snails saying.

"It has been a long and exhausting day," Sunset Shimmer said, "and I have other matters that need tending to. Leave me."

"Anything you say, Sunset Shimmer."

"That includes you too."

Spike could not see who the other pony Shimmer was talking to. However, he was able to see Snips and Snails backing away. Neither of them were aware that they were walking right to where the young dragon was standing.

"What are you two doing?"

"We were just bringing Sunset Shimmer a smoothie," Snips answered.

"How can you fall for that bully and her lameness?" Spike asked, throwing his arms open wide. "She's just a show-off who intimidates other ponies."

"She vanquished an Ursa Major." The chubby blue unicorn leaned in close, practically nose to nose with Spike. "Do you know any other unicorn that can say that?"

"Oh really?" Spike narrowed his eyes and leaned toward the two. "Were you two actually there?"

The two colts looked at each other before Snips answered.

"No, but-"

"But nothing," Spike interrupted. "Shining and his friends don't go around bragging about Nightmare Moon and we were all here. He also has Princess Celestia to back him up. So unless somepony else who was there tells me it happened, or an Ursa Major comes waltzing up the street for Sunset Shimmer to vanquish, I'm not going to believe a word she says. And neither should you."

"Hmm..." Snips said. "An ursa walking up the street, eh? Snails!" He turned to his friend. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"Why do they call it a flea market when they don't really sell fleas?" the gangly colt responded.

"Ye-" Snips shook his head. "Nuh-..Oh come on!" With a huff, he moved to walk away. Snails watches him a moment, then followed.

Spike watched them go and let out a snort of annoyance.