• Published 5th Jan 2014
  • 1,874 Views, 50 Comments

Friendship is Shining: Boasts and Brag - Hopeful_Ink_Hoof



A new unicorn comes to Ponyville making outrageous claims and humiliating whomever challenges her

  • ...
1
 50
 1,874

Town Square Show

In Ponyville's town square, a great many of the residents were collected. Most of them were facing a large carriage set up at one side. The crowd was talking to themselves, most wondering what was going to happen.

As Shining Armor, Spike, and Twilight Sparkle approached, the three saw some familiar faces in the crowd. A pale blue pegasus floated above a white unicorn and an orange earth pony. Shining began to push his way through the crowd gently and politely, working his way toward his friends. Being smaller, Spike and Twilight quickly wove their way through the crowd, moving around other ponies and slipping between their legs.

"What's going on?" Shining Armor asked as he reached the three. "We ran into two colts saying that there was a new unicorn here."

"Well I don't know anything about that," Rarity responded. "Sweetie Belle said something about a performance and..." She looked down at Twilight. "Oh, you haven't met her yet, have you?" Turning, she glanced around.

"Met who?" Twilight asked.

"There she is," the white unicorn mare continued. "Sweetie Belle. Come here, darling."

Making her way toward Rarity was a small unicorn filly. She had the same white coat, but her mane and tail were curly with a split of pink and purple both in pastel shades. Behind her was an orange pegasus filly with purple mane and tail pushing a scooter.

"Sweetie Belle," Rarity stated, "this is Shining Armor's little sister, Twilight Sparkle. Twilight, this is my sister Sweetie Belle and her friend... uhm..." She looked at the orange pegasus. "I'm sorry, I don't think I caught your name."

"Scootaloo," the orange filly answered.

"Ah, yes."

"Hi," Twilight said with a smile. "Do either of you know what's going on?"

"I heard something about a magic show," Scootaloo answered. "That's about it."

"Everypony seems so excited about it all though," Sweetie Belle added.

"Isn't it great?" Pinkie Pie asked. "I bet it's going to be an amazingly awesome show."

"Pinkie Pie?" Shining Armor asked. "I didn't see you there a second ago."

"That's because we just got here." Moving to one side, she revealed Pumpkin and Pound Cake standing behind her. "I couldn't let these two miss out on the fun."

Closer to the front and off to the right of the stage, Snips and Snails made their way. The two joined a pale blue unicorn filly with a mane and tail so light, they looked almost white. As the two colts approached, the filly turned to look at them with narrowed purple eyes.

"Took you long enough," she growled.

"Sorry," Snails said as his ears drooped. Snips said nothing, just looking for away.

"Hmph," the filly said, turning her nose up in the air. "Lucky for you that you know a pony smart enough to get the best spot for the show."

"What makes this spot so good?" Snips asked as he moved to watch the stage.

"Just watch the show," the filly responded, rolling her eyes.

"Mare and stallions!" a voice boomed, getting the crowd's attention. "Colts and fillies! Be prepared to be shocked and awed. A show like no other you have ever seen before, done by the most powerful and talented unicorn in all of Equestria. The great, the powerful, the amazing..."

As the voice spoke, the trailer shifted and changed. The wall dropped and flipped to double in size, creating a stage and revealing a curtain. The sides of the trailer spread out like wings on the sides, horns emerging at the base. The roof popped open with several decorative items showing up.

"Sunset Shimmer!"

There was a burst of sparks and puff of smoke on stage, obscuring the view from the audience. When the smoke faded, standing on stage was a sunny yellow-orange unicorn mare with red and yellow mane and tail, as well as a similarly colored sun on her flank. Head held high, she looked down at the audience with a smirk. Catching sight of one particular pony in the crowd, the mare's eyes narrowed and she bared her teeth in a grin.