• Published 15th Mar 2012
  • 4,631 Views, 104 Comments

Pony Showdown - Prince Luna



Ponies and Xiaolin Showdown? GONG YI TENPAI!

  • ...
2
 104
 4,631

Unneeded Light, Wanted Darkness: Part 1

"Hey guys, have you seen Spike?" Twilight asked the training monks.

"Nope. No word or sight of him all day. He's been quieter than a dead buffalo." Clay said.

"A dead buffalo?" Fluttershy whimpered.

"It's just an expression, dear." Rarity giggled.

Raimundo was checking out his Blade of the Nebula, which seemed very dirty and dusty.

"I haven't used this baby in a while." he smiled.

"It's true. We haven't needed to use our Wudai Weapons since the Shen Gong Wu stopped revealing themselves." Kimiko sighed, looking at the Arrow Sparrow's pouch.

"I used the Shimo Staff against Jack for The Celestial Horn." Omi noted.

"That was a good call, using it to help you up the temple." said Raimundo.

The ponies were somewhat confused as to what exactly the monks were talking about. Twilight then turned to Omi.

"Speaking of The Celestial Horn, do you mind if I take a look at it?" she asked.

"I don't see why not." he replied.

Twilight trotted off to the Shen Gong Wu vault to find it. When she entered the building that the vault was in, she heard a crash in the ceiling and quickly avoided some glass shards that fell from the roof. She then looked in front of her and gasped. The Shen Gong Wu vault was open. She then looked above her to see that the entire glass roof of the temple was destroyed, the frames were very unstable and began to collapse onto themselves, then brick by brick the building began to fall. Twilight quickly ran outside and called the others over.

"What's that loud noise?" Applejack asked.

"It's the vault room! It's collapsing!" Twilight panted.

"What?! How?" gasped Raimundo.

"I don't know! I think someone broke in..they destroyed the roof and now the whole place is going down!" Twilight cried.

They turned around to see what they could do about it, but just as they did so, the building smashed down onto itself, causing bricks and rock to go flying around, a particularly large one headed for the group. Clay slammed his hands quickly onto the ground.

"WUDAI SHIELD, EARTH!" he called, making a huge rock dome to cover the ten.

The large piece of debris slammed into the shield, but didn't cause a dent. Smaller rocks rained upon the dome too. When he was sure the wreckage had stopped, Clay detracted the shield but used the front to extend and sweep away the rocks covering the entrance to the vault, which was now in the open surrounded by rubble.

"Great gravy..." Clay gasped.

"Who could have done this?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"We gotta check the vault to see if anything's missing!" said Pinkie, bouncing in the direction of the vault.

After thorough checking, no Shen Gong Wu seemed to be stolen, but deep at the bottom of the vault, a scream was heard.

"Who was that? One of the ponies?" Omi asked, thinking the high pitched wail came from one of them.

All of the ponies were behind him as they stumbled down the stairs in a row, only to find Dojo at the bottom shivering furiously.

"Dojo? What in tarnation were you screamin' about?" Applejack asked.

"It's....it's... one Shen Gong Wu was taken." he cried.

"Which one?" asked Raimundo.

"The Celestial Horn," Dojo said, "but I know who took it."

~~~

Earlier that night, Spike was sat on the roof of the vault room, reflecting upon his importance in the Xiaolin world.

"Do they really need me as much as they say?" he sighed.

Spike thought that all he was good for was carrying the ponies to the Shen Gong Wu, but he was sure there could be other ways for them to get there. Twilight had stopped him from entering a Showdown which he could have won with enough concentration. He felt unwanted.

A blackbird swooped past his head and landed next to him.

"You must be useless too, little guy." he sighed, burying his head in his knees.

"He's not as useless as you think. And neither are you." said a dark yet soft voice from beside the blackbird.

Spike looked up and saw a young man stood on the roof. He had long flowing black hair and olive green eyes. He wore a suit or armor in a similar colour with an eye on the belt.

"Who are you?" Spike asked.

The man laughed and sat down next to Spike, the bird flew to his shoulder.

"I am Chase Young." he said.

"I've never heard of you. What are you doing?" questioned Spike.

"I'm simply here to offer you some help. Spike the dragon, you are not as useless as you think you are. In fact, I have studied scrolls for hundreds of years and I know all about your destiny." Chase explained.

"Hundreds of years?" Spike gasped, "you look no older than twenty!"

"Finding life's secrets comes with many advantages." Chase laughed, petting Spike on the head.

"So you think I have a purpose?" Spike asked with a twinkle in his eye.

"I know you have a purpose. If it werent for you, you wouldn't even be here right now."

"I did open that portal back in Equestria..."

"Exactly. Only you could have done that. But right now, you are on the wrong side."

Spike looked at Chase with confusion, then stood up.

"You want me to sit on your right?" he asked.

Chase laughed and patted Spike on the head again. The blackbird on his shoulder squaked and Spike sat down again.

"You may not believe me at first and I understand completely if you don't," Chase began to explain, "but you are indeed useless where you are right now. Here at the Xiaolin Temple? They don't need you. There would be no difference if you were not here. There's another side that needs you."

Spike edged away slightly and looked down to avoid eye contact with Chase.

"You mean...I'm not supposed to be helping good...I'm supposed to be helping evil?" he whispered.

"There is no good or evil, Spike. To the monks, they are good and we are evil. However, to those on the Heylin side, we are good and the Xiaolin monks are the evil ones."
"Spike, we need you on the Heylin side to make the world a better place. Only you have the power to make this happen. You can trust me from my years of scroll research. Join me personally and I can help you unlock your true potential."

Spike stood up and walked to the edge of the roof, gazing at the moon.

"And you're sure of this?"

"One hundred and twenty percent." Chase nodded.

Spike exhaled loudly, then turned to Chase.

"What do I need to do?" he asked.

Chase smirked and got up to stand beside Spike. He pointed down to the entrance of the vault.

"In the day you must sneak into the vault and take The Celestial Horn." he said.

"The Celestial Horn?" Spike gasped.

"It is vital for our plan to work. My bird will stay with you. You must exit the temple quickly, try and destroy it too. We want to be sought after. The bird shall direct you to my palace where you shall stay and we will execute our plan together. But first, leave this in the Horn's place." Chase said.

He passed Spike a note, but told him not to read it. Spike turned to look at the moon again.

"Chase...are y-" he turned back, but Chase was not there. His bird sat on Spike's shoulder. Spike stared at the moon again.

He looked down to the bed chambers and his eyes narrowed. He nodded and clutched the note tight in his hand.

"Tomorrow, I find my purpose."

~~~

"So spit it out, who took it?" Rainbow Dash asked Dojo.

"The thief left behind a note. I was hoping I'd never hear his name again." Dojo opened the note and gave it to Kimiko.

"Xiaolin monks. I have taken the Celestial Horn. Come and get it. That is all." she then gasped loudly.

"Who is it from?" Omi asked.

Kimiko turned around.

"Chase Young." she muttered.

"And who is this Chase Young person?" Rarity asked.

"Only the baddest of the bad." Clay said.

"Right. He's an evil, evil man who used to fight along Grand Master Dashi." Omi added.

"That is until he turned to the Heylin side. He can turn into a fierce dragon and is one of the most confusing dudes you'll ever meet." Raimundo explained.

"He doesn't scare me!" Rainbow Dash boasted.

"Um...he kinda scares me." Fluttershy cried.

"Well no matter what we feel, we gotta go and get the Wu from him. Heck, he might even know where Spike is." Applejack said.

Everyone nodded and headed to the courtyard. Dojo grew to his full size.

"Now, I'll take the ponies. You guys hit the Silver Manta Ray." he said.

"SILVER MANTA RAY!" Raimundo called, causing the small model to transform into a larger flying vessel.

They flew off to Chase Young's palace, clueless as to what to expect.

---

Soon, they arrived at the stone entrance. The air was cold and gusty, leaving everyone uncomfortable. When she jumped off of Dojo, Twilight immediatley noticed someone at the large doors.

"Spike?" she smiled.

"Hello Twilight." he said, plainly.

"Spike? What are you doing here?" Pinkie asked.

"Follow me." he said, turning around and opening the doors to Chase's palace.

Everyone was confused, but decided it would be best to follow. They entered the large hall and looked upon the inside. The glorious streams and waterfalls gushed smoothly and glistened against the bright white floors. The palace now stood on three levels. At the top, Chase Young was seated on a throne, watching intently and on the middle, The Celestial Horn sat waiting to be taken.

"Chase! Finger over the horn or face a humiliating defeat!" Omi threatened.

"I think you mean hoof over the horn..." Rainbow Dash giggled.

"Or hand." Kimiko sighed.

Chase stood up and smiled.

"If you want it, you'll have to win it in a Showdown."

"Name your game." Clay said.

"Spike?" Chase laughed.

Spike walked to the middle level and brought down the horn.

"Who's gonna take part in the Showdown?" he asked.

"Spike? Are you working for Chase?!" Fluttershy gasped.

"Yeah. He's showing me the right path." he said, rolling his eyes.

"No way, dude! He's nothing but trouble!" Raimundo said.

"Not from what I've seen and been told. Now who's gonna face me in a Showdown?" he hissed.

Everyone but Raimundo stepped back.

"I suppose I will if you won't listen to anything else." he sighed.

"Alright, Raimundo. I challenge you to a Heylin Showdown!" Spike smirked.

"A Heylin Showdown?" Dojo gasped, "no...no you can't do that Spike!"

"Oh, yes I can."

"Wait, hold up, what's a Heylin Showdown?" Raimundo asked.

"A Heylin Showdown is fought over a Heylin Shen Gong Wu," Chase explained, "you heard me. The Celestial Horn is a Heylin Shen Gong Wu! The rules of a Heylin Showdown are quite simple. You can wager absolutely anything. Shen Gong Wu, loyalty, one's life. The winner can also choose something else; anything their heart desires that the Heylin magic can conjour."

"I can't refuse this. Name your game, dragon." Raimundo said.

"The game is last one standing. My Serpent's Tail against your Zing-Zom Bone." he challenged.

"Agreed." Raimundo nodded.

The two glared at each other and shouted.

"THIS IS IT! HEYLIN SHOWDOWN!"

There was a large red flash and Raimundo was suddenly in his leader outfit. The other monk and ponies were in their Showdown outfits too. A bottomless pit was formed underneath the palace floor and the levels became even as one level.

"ZHENGQU NI DE SHENGHUO!" Spike shouted.

Dojo began to violently shiver and cry again.

"What does it mean?" Twilight asked worriedly.

"It means...fight for your life." he breathed.

Raimundo began to run towards Spike, hoping to easily kick him off of the stage. He jumped with his foot outward, expecting to hit him directly, but he forgot something. Spike grew to his larger size and send Raimundo flying back. He landed hard on the floor but quickly got back up. He opened out his arms.

"WUDAI STAR, WIND!" he called, flying up to the air and clapping, sending a tornado the size of Spike flying at him.

Spike simply bashed it with his tail and it flew back to Raimundo. He was in too much shock to notice it coming towards him. It sent him off the edge of the platform as he hung on with one hand. Spike jumped over to the ledge and laughed. Raimundo pulled something out of his shirt and pulled it apart with his free hand.

"BLADE OF THE NEBULA!" he called.

From between the split blade came a cyclone, which carried Raimundo upwards quickly as he stood on it like a surfboard. He directed himself towards Spike and crashed into him, knocking him off the edge.

"SERPENT'S TAIL!" Spike called, gliding upwards and slamming into Raimundo.

Raimundo fell down and Spike stood back.

"This is your third strike, Xiaolin leader, and you're out!" he laughed, whacking Raimundo hard with his tail and sending him flying too far to get back.

Everything returned to normal and Raimundo fell hard on the lower level of Chase's palace. Spike stood grinning evilly with the Shen Gong Wu he won in his normal size.

"And my Heylin wish...is to have Heylin blood running in my veins!" he announced.

Twilight began to cry and looked the dragon directly in the eye.

"Spike! Please! Think about what you're doing! We're your best friends! How could you betray us like this?"

"I still like you guys. I love you all. But I want to be important." his eyes suddenly turned red, "to rule the world!"

Chase jumped down to Spike and stood by his side.

"Now, Spike. Unleash your true potential!" he said.

Spike put The Celestial Horn on his head and it began to glow with a red aura.

"Heylin Shen Gong Wu can only have their true powers unlocked by those on the Heylin side," Chase explained, "this one inparticular can only be activated by Spike himself! We shall use it to carry out our master plan! Do it Spike!"

"No!" the Xiaolin warriors cried.

"CELESTIAL HORN!!" Spike yelled, feeling a burst of evil energy.

The horn shot a blinding red light into the air, which exploded violently in a white flash and tore a black hole in the air. Every few seconds a flash would appear and things began to suck into the hole. The Xiaolin warriors had to stand firm to stop from being sucked in.

"What is that?" cried Fluttershy.

A crackle of electricity slammed out of the hole.

"It's a portal." said Spike.

Another flash appeared, water from the palace began to make its way in.

"A portal to where?" Applejack asked.

Another bolt of electrcity struck between the Heylins and Xiaolins.

"A world quite familiar to you ponies. Your world. This portal leads to Equestria!" Chase Young announced.

He began to laugh evily and loudly. He held the Zing-Zom Bone tight and grabbed Spikes hand and the two jumped into the portal, which promptly closed.




TO BE CONTINUED...