• Published 15th Mar 2012
  • 4,631 Views, 104 Comments

Pony Showdown - Prince Luna



Ponies and Xiaolin Showdown? GONG YI TENPAI!

  • ...
2
 104
 4,631

A Good Ol' Two-Way Sho-Down

"Honestly, Twilight!" Applejack shouted, being raised up high by something green, "how did you do this again?"

"I just used the Heart of Jong to see if that tree would come to life!" she panicked.

"BEAVER BRACES!" Pinkie called.

She bit through the trunk of the giant tree monster and it collapsed, freeing Applejack. One end of the trunk started growing roots and the tree reformed, trapping Applejack in a wooden cage.

"Well we can't hit it with fire, we might hurt Applejack." Kimiko commented.

"No, but we can do this! MOONSTONE LOCUST!" Omi called.

The Shen Gong Wu released a fusillade of locusts, but the tree used its leaves to make sure the swarm didn't get to its wooden parts.

"This thing's trickier than a free bull in a slaughter house," Clay exclaimed, "wait a second!"

He reached behind him and brought out the Lasso Boa Boa.

"LASSO BOA BOA!" he called.

The snake wrapped itself around a branch and Clay pulled it right off. The tree monster screamed in pain. Clay ignored it and pulled the bars off from Applejack's cage.

"Wait, Applejack!" he shouted to her before she jumped down, "take both of these!"

He wrapped the Moonstone Locust with the Lasso and threw them up to Applejack. She caught the Lasso in her mouth.

"Thanks, pardner. Now what?" she asked, adjusting them to her hoof.

"Mosey on inside and take the Heart of Jong out." Clay replied.

"Got it! MOONSTONE LOCUST!" she used the locusts to tear a hole in the tree.

She held the Moonstone in her mouth and immediately found the Heart of Jong. She tried to pry it but there were roots holding on tight.

"MOOSPONE WOCUS!" he called with it in her mouth, "WASSO BO-BO!"

The locusts immediately started to shred the roots hanging on to the Heart but they grew back very quickly.

"Consarn it!" she shouted, dropping the Moonstone to the floor, "wait a sec."

She used the Moonstone again and noticed that when the roots were weakened, the Heart wobbled slightly. Applejack paused to think. Clay, outside, was checking her progress with the Falcon's Eye. The monster was about to smash a building in the courtyard.

"APPLEJACK! YANK IT OUT WITH THE LASSO!" he shouted.

"WIGHT! MOONSPONE WOCUS! WASSO BO-BO!" she called with a mouthful of Moonstone.

Just as the locusts ate away at the roots, Applejack used the Lasso and grabbed the Heart of Jong. The monster began to collapse again. She was naturally high up and began to fall to the ground, the impact could be fatal.

"TOUNGUE OF SAIPING," Fluttershy called quickly, "bird friends, help Applejack get down safely!"

A large flock of birds grabbed on to Applejack and helped her elegantly reach the ground.

"Fine work, Applejack." Clay said.

"Twilight, no more Heart of Jong." Applejack said, throwing the Heart to Master Fung.

"Sorry..." she blushed.

"You listened quite precisely to Clay's instructions." Omi noted.

"They sounded like they'd work. No harm in tryin'." Applejack commented.

"Since the monstrosity has been dealt with, it is safe to do today's training." Master Fung said.

"Not so fast." a voice called from up high.

Jack Spicer floated down slowly with his jetpack as many Jackbots followed.

"Jackbots, use your traps!" he commanded.

Only nine of the robots unleashed nets, trapping everyone but Clay and Applejack. The others struggled and tried to escape but the nets were stuck to the ground tight.

"Did I really forget to replace your net holders? Ugh. Whatever, attack the cowpoke." he sighed.

They flew in for a full attack on the two. Applejack turned around and stood ready.

"APPLEBUCK! HONESTY!" she called, kicking a robot and slamming it into another, causing a large explosion.

Clay grabbed something from his belt.

"BIG BANG METEORANG!" he called, throwing the two boomerangs at more robots.

The Jackbots spontaneously exploded, the debris forcing other Jackbots to slam into the ground. Clay did not notice one sneaking up on him, but Applejack did. She turned around quickly.

"Clay, watch out! APPLEBUCK! HONESTY!" she kicked the robot high into the sky.

Clay turned around and just caught his boomerangs, then threw them again, blowing up the other robot.

"Nice call, Applejack." he tipped his hat.

"It 'aint over yet." she commented.

More Jackbots came flying at them. They both jumped up and attacked the robots together. Jumping hard from one to the other and destroying them, then riding one back down to the ground. They had destroyed them all.

"Spill it, Jack." Applejack demanded.

"Why're you here?" Clay asked.

"I just...wanted to try out my...alright maybe I don't have a reason," he started to fly away, "but at least I can learn from my mistakes!"

"That Jack's more confusing than a stranger runnin' for sheriff." the two said together, then looked at each other and laughed.

They proceeded to help the others out of their traps. They were thanked, then Spike and Dojo ran to them with the scroll.

"Honestly? A Shen Gong Wu? Why is it always after something like this happens?" Raimundo asked.

"What is it, dear?" Rarity asked.

Spike opened the scroll, "The Sauna Sphere?"

Dojo began to read it, "Oh yeah, when used, it unleashes and infinite amount of thick, hot steam. Handy for getaways or...relaxing. I remember it always used to do my pores good." he looked at his tail.

Dojo and Spike turned to their other size, however Dojo took a little longer and his transformation was shaky.

"Sorry, the thought of the Sauna Sphere is making me tense. I could really use it right now." he sighed.

"We'll do our best to get it." Kimiko said climbing on the green dragon.

The two dragons with their parties fully assembled flew off.

***

They arrived in a very dry wasteland with only a few broken and lifeless trees in sight. Dust flew just above the boiling, cracked ground. Spike touched down first, his hand placed on the dirt.

"ARGH!" he cried, "that's hot!"

Dojo descended slowly and tried the ground out.

"OH DARN IT!" he yelled, "I think the ground's alright, we're just sensitive because we're near the Wu."

The ponies and monks dismounted the dragons with no struggle. It really was just their reactions.

"'Aint nothin' around fer miles. You sure the Wu's here?" Clay asked.

"Certain," Dojo answered, "look harder. My hands are feeling horribly dry."

"I don't think we can find it." Omi sighed.

Then there was a large rumble in the ground, causing everyone to wobble violently.

"Is this an earthquake?" Kimiko shouted over the rumble's roar.

The ground then exploded in front of the group and a large brown robot with drills for hands burst up. In the cockpit in the chest was Jack at a control panel. The robot looked just like one if his Jackbots but with legs.

"Jack!" Raimundo grunted.

Something fell on the ground infront of them after being thrust up by Jack's robot. It was a bouncy white orb with a gold ring around it, about half the size of a beach ball.

"Oh look here, Drillbot. Let's take the Sauna Sphere and get outta here!" he made the robot grab the Wu.

It quickly took hold of the wu and began to make it's way down into the hole it created.

"Not so fast!" Twilight shouted, "everyone, go in!"

Spike, still in his larger size, rushed down to the hole before the others could take action, carrying Applejack and Clay on his back.

"You guys sure you can jump it from here?" he shouted over the loud drilling sound.

"We'll make it." Applejack smiled.

They jumped off and Spike flew back up after getting the closer to the Drillbot.

"LASSO BOA-BOA!" Applejack called, grabbing onto the Sauna Sphere mounted on the robot's head.

She pulled it upwards but then the Drillbot tugged back on it, drilling with one arm. Clay was holding onto Applejack's hoof as they descended.

"Looks like this calls for a Xiaolin Showdown." Applejack said.

"A four-way Showdown." Clay added.

Jack's voice came from the robot, "alright, you two verses me and Drillbot. I wager my Golden Tiger Claws and Dizzy Top against your Beaver Braces and Kazusu Atom. The game is a digging contest. First to dig 1000 meters wins."

"LET'S GO! XIAOLIN SHOWDOWN!" the three called.

In a flash they were back at the surface and the heroes were in their Showdown outfits.

"GONG YI TENAPAI!" they shouted.

Jack's Drillbot jumped up and drilled into the ground. Applejack put on the Beaver Braces.

"Clay, grab on to mah tail. BEAVER BRACES!" she gnawed at the ground rapidly and started to dig a tunnel at half the speed of the robot.

A rock very quickly appeared in their path.

"KAZUSU ATOM!" Clay called, destroying it and allowing Applejack to carry on drilling.

"GOLDEN TIGER CLAWS!" Jack called, making the robot slash a portal and appear at the other side of a rock. He had it easy.

Applejack was distracted by the sounds in the other tunnel. She bumped into the rock and hurt her teeth, shocking her before she realised she could eat through the rock. Clay was shocked by the impact.

"KAZUSU ATOM!" he suddenly called, not aiming it properly.

The blast rebounded off the walls of Applejack's tunnel and blew up a part high up. The tunnel shook and rocks began to fall.

"Applejack! Eat through the rock!" Clay commanded.

"Right...I'll just...BEAVER BRACES!" she nervously shouted.

She was too distracted by the falling rocks.

"CWAY! BROW UFF DA WOCKS!" she muffled with her mouth full of dirt and rocks.

"Yeah I'm tryin'! KAZUSU A-" a rock collided with his hand, causing him to drop the Wu.

"Aw shucks, well done!" Applejack said, spitting out the Beaver Braces.

They both forgot the rocks.

Luckily, Jack had just finished 1000 meters and the Showdown stopped with his victory. Everything returned to normal.

"Nice going there." Clay sarcastically commented.

"What? I wouldn't have been distracted by rocks that could crush us to our deaths if SOMEONE paid more attention to his aim." Applejack replied.

"Well if y'all were a little smoother on 'yer bashin' against that there rock I won't have been jumped." Clay gritted his teeth.

"Guys, you gotta stop arguing! A new Shen Gong Wu has already revealed itself while you were in the Showdown! It's right here, too!" Spike said in his regular size, sitting on Twilight's back to avoid the ground.

The two glared at each other and then turned away.

"What's the Wu?" Fluttershy asked.

Spike belched up the scroll and read, "The Wrangle Tangle. Looks like a skipping rope. It says whoever is caught in it's jump will either begin or end a quarrel."

"That would be very useful right now." Omi commented, peering over Spike's shoulder.

Applejack took a menacing look at Omi and Spike backed up, then tripped over something. He pulled something out of the ground.

"The Wrangle Tangle!" he exclaimed.

Jack was already on the other side.

"A Showdown!" Spike gasped.

"No," said Twilight, "Spike you're not a Xiaolin Warrior! You can't take part in a Showdown like that! I'll do it."

"As if. I like what we've got here," Jack sniggered, "Spike, I challenge you to a Shengi Bu Dare. Instead of you playing, Applejack and Clay have to play again against just me!"

"We'll have to accept," Raimundo sighed, "otherwise he gets the Wu free."

"We can't risk that. But this menace in the Showdown field again?" Applejack growled.

"Now listen here, missie. If we wanna win this we'll have to settle it all. Just admit that it was your fault we lost!" Clay replied.

"Mah fault? Yer the one who almost got us killed!"

"Guys, guys, can we please get to the Showdown?" Jack laughed.

"Name yer game, Spicer." Applejack said.

"A magical skipping contest. First to trip on the rope loses. I wager my Mantis Flip Coin and Sauna Sphere."

"We wager the Jetbootsu." Clay wagered.

"And the Lasso Boa-Boa." Applejack added.

"The Lasso? What help'll that do." Clay asked angrily.

"Ah think Ah know what Ahm doin'!" Applejack growled again.

"LET'S GO! XIAOLIN SHOWDOWN!" they all called.

The landscape suddenly turned white, the Warrior's outfits changed and two golden skipping ropes rose up.

"GONG YI TENPAI!" the three began.

The ropes started slow and everyone jumped over with ease. Applejack and Clay glared at each other menacingly.

"Y'all better not mess this up." Clay said.

"Same goes fer you." Applejack replied.

After a dozen or so bounces the ropes began to speed up and the jumps became more frequent.

"MANTIS FLIP COIN!" Jack called, jumping and landing faster so he could be in time with the rope more precisely.

"JET BOOTSU!" Clay called.

He jumped high up and landed back down on the rope. He disappeared in a flash to the other monks.

"Sorry y'all." he sighed,

"You should be." Applejack laughed.

"SAUNA SPHERE!" Jack suddenly called, enveloping Applejack in a thick mist.

She couldn't see the rope but kept with the timing she had before.

"The rope could speed up at any time." she thought.

She blew in the direction of Jack and some of the stream cleared.

"The Sphere!" she realised.

"LASSO BOA-BOA!" she called, the lasso clearing away the steam that was gushing out of the Sphere.

It latched in and Jack tried to stop her from pulling the Sphere to her, but her pull was strong. She held the sphere tight and was about to use it, but then she had a quick thought. This was what Clay told her to do earlier. Clay knew what he was doing in the last Showdown too. It was her who slipped up.

"Clay!" she said, trying to keep with the rope, "I just thought...Ahm sorry! It truly was mah fault we lost the Sauna Sphere! Ah should've known you knew what you were doin'!"

"Honestly, it was my fault too!" he added, "maybe we both messed up."

"I take that as the honest truth," Applejack gained an orange aura, "SAUNA SPHERE, HONESTY!"

The Sauna Sphere unleashed an explosion of orange steam which hit Jack hard and made him fall into the rope. Applejack was the last standing and had won.

The wasteland returned to normal.

"So what if you won those Wu...I don't care! I'll win the next one!" Jack panicked, drilling down back into his tunnel with the Drillbot.

"Honestly. What a sore loser." Applejack said, everyone laughed.

Spike still looked a little disappointed. He could've had his very first Showdown, he was sort of jealous of the others when all he could do was pop up a scroll and take them to their victory. He kept all this to himself though.

***

"That is a most interesting story. Applejack, your epiphany was most wise," Master Fung commented, "I see you will all be ready to work as a team in the future."

Applejack and Clay bowed.

"We better get a rest from all these Showdowns. Just watching them makes me tired!" Pinkie laughed.

"Speaking of tired," Kimiko yawned, "it's late. I'm gonna hit the hay."

"Ah, don't speak to me about hittin' hay. I miss home." Applejack sighed.

"Perhaps tomorrow we could start looking into getting you home?" Omi suggested.

"That would be sweet, but I do like it here." Rainbow Dash commented.

"Still, it would be worth having a look." Twilight said.

Spike thought to himself, "Yeah, I'd like to be home too. I have a meaningful purpose there."