• Published 15th Mar 2012
  • 4,630 Views, 104 Comments

Pony Showdown - Prince Luna



Ponies and Xiaolin Showdown? GONG YI TENPAI!

  • ...
2
 104
 4,630

Status Quo Returns. Plus Seven.

"MANTIS FLIP COIN!" Kimiko shouted, avoiding a red blast from her sparring opponent.

She leaped into the air, doing several forward turns at the same time and landed directly behind Raimundo.

"KAZUSU ATOM!" Raimundo called, trying to hit Kimiko again.

"MANTIS FLIP COIN!" She dodged the blast again.

"LOTUS TWISTER, EARTH!" Clay's arm extended, twisted and turned to stone.

He swept Kimiko and Raimundo down in one swing of his rubbery, yet completely solid, arm.

"GOLDEN FINGER!" Omi called from a rooftop.

The three monks instantly froze in their place. Omi jumped down from the rooftop.

"MIKADO ARM!" He called, holding another Shen Gong Wu.

His arms suddenly bulked up and he swung down at Clay, smashing his arm completely off. It reverted back to it's original state. Omi ran to Kimiko and grabbed her Flip Coin, which she has just flipped before Omi froze it in midair, then took Raimundo's Kazusu Atom, he was careful to point it upwards as when it unfroze it fired a shot. He then ran to Clay and quickly pulled away his Lotus.

"GOLDEN FINGER!" He called again, unfreezing everybody.

The three got up and got to grips with the end of the training. The aim was to obtain everybody's Shen Gong Wu and Omi had won.

"Nice one, Omi." Rai commented.

"I didn't see y'all up on that there roof. Good play, pardner." Clay tipped his hat.

"Thank you, Dragons. I snuck up there with all the ruckus between Kimiko and Ra-" He was interrupted.

Fire viciously burst from a nearby doorway, headed straight at the monks.

"KAZUSU ATOM, WATER!" Omi called, using his element to deflect the blaze.

A mighty storm of steam erupted from the collision and the fire stopped, as did Omi's blast of water. From the steam, which took a long time to clear, came Dojo crawling along the ground.

"Guys...," he wheezed, "guys...come to the scroll room...quick."

"Dojo! Did that fire come from you?" Kimiko asked.

"The first sign I've had in years." Dojo noted.

"Sign? You mean..." Raimundo asked.

"Yes. It's been an entire year and it may be hard to believe but, a new Shen Gong Wu has revealed itself." Dojo stared sternly at the Dragons.

***

Twilight paced back and forth in the vet office, waiting for her baby dragon to come back to her. Spike had recently been belching up fire but with no scrolls or letters from anypony. She was told she could not see him when he was being examined and she was extremely worried the moment she left his room.

"Twilight Sparkle?" A nurse called.

Twilight ran up to the unicorn nurse in a hurry. The pink pony levitated a clipboard with her magic, her kitten cutie mark looked scorched.

"Is Spike alright? What's wrong with him? Is he okay? Please tell me he's okay!" Twilight blabbered.

The unicorn simply smiled and put a hoof to Twilight's mouth.

"Spike seems to be fine, Miss Sparkle," she patted her on the head, "would you like to see him?"

"Oh, yes please." Twilight calmed down.

She followed the nurse into Spike's room. He was sat on a desk and looked rather sad until Twilight walked in. He jumped off the desk and ran to hug her.

"I'm okay Twilight, I might just have gas!" He smiled, "Gas, Twilight! GAS!"

Twilight smiled, slightly creeped out over the dragon's enthusiasm.

"Wonderful, Spike." She looked towards the nurse, "so what's your diagnosis?"

"We're not entirely sure. We haven't had symptoms like this before. Never heard of a dragon belching magical fire with nothing else." She read over her clipboard.

"So...it might not be gas?" Spike frowned.

"Perhaps. Perhaps not," the nurse continued, "Come back in say, a week?"

"Sure." Twilight said, looking down slightly.

She trotted off with Spike to go back to Ponyville.

---

They opened the door to the library and Pinkie Pie jumped out almost instantly.

"SURPRISE!" She shouted, popping a party popper at Twilight and Spike.

The confetti landed on the unamused duo. Pinkie toned her happiness down a little and stepped out of the way to let them in. Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity and Fluttershy were also there.

"Sorry for the downer guys, but we don't know what's up with Spike. We have to go back to the Canterlot vet next week." Twilight sighed.

"That's a swell shame, sugarcube. We made this cake just 'fer Spike and all." Applejack revealed a cake in the shape of a gemstones that was also lined with gemstones.

"I'll eat it now!" Spike drooled, floating to the cake.

"No, Spike you ca-" Twilight tried to object but it was no use.

Spike gobbled up the confectionery in one bite. Everypony giggled, then his face puffed up. He turned a sickly green and started to float. The statue of a unicorn head in the center of the room also began to glow the green colour. Spike couldn't hold it in any longer. He belched at the statue and a portal appeared in its place, sucking the seven in.

***

The monks rode on Dojo's back to the first Shen Gong Wu for a year. It was a bumpy ride as Dojo had gotten used to relief of the horrible things that happened to his body after an activation. Everyone gathered around Omi as he read from the sacred scroll.

"The Celestial Horn," he read, "I have never heard of this before."

The picture on the scroll depicted a man wearing a large horn on his head, then drawing a circle with it. A portal appeared and some equestrian creatures came through the portal.

"It says it's a one-time-use Shen Gong Wu," Omi continued, "it has the power to open a portal to a strange dimension. The portal leads to a place called Eque-"

He stopped, the image and text faded and the scroll folded up.

"What happened?" Kimiko asked.

"I do not know. But I think there are some things we will have to find out for ourselves." Omi commented.

"It opens a portal to another universe," Clay muttered, "what's with all them horses?"

"No clue. They looked a little small to be horses, didn't they?" Raimundo noted.

"They did look the same size as Omi." Kimiko laughed.

"I am simply miniscule boned!" Omi shouted.

"Small boned." Raimundo corrected.

"That too." Omi sighed.

"Get ready, folks. We're descending." Dojo said.

The Dragons prepared for landing. They arrived in a dark forest. There was a large light in the middle.

"Well that's not obvious." Raimundo said sarcastically.

Omi ran up to the light, which eventually formed the shape of a horn. He picked it up, but something stopped him. He looked directly opposite him to see Jack Spicer.

"Long time no see." He smirked.

"Jack Spicer. The first Wu in a year and I had a feeling you would be after it," Omi commented, "where is Wuya?"

"Not paired up with me anymore," Jack replied with a slight whimper in his voice, "I'm riding solo now!"

"Enough chatter chitter! Jack Spicer, I challenge you to a Xiaolin Showdown!" Omi contested.

"Name your game, Omi." Jack accepted.

"The game is a magical obstacle course. The first to reach The Celestial Horn wins." Omi offered.

"I wager my Monkey Staff." Jack said, holding the Wu proudly.

"Against my Kazusu Atom." Omi wagered.

The two nodded in agreement and shouted, "LET'S GO! XIAOLIN SHOWDOWN!"

In a flash of light the greenery of the forest began to twist around and a large temple rose up form the ground. The podium that the Horn was situated on served as the peak of the temple. Jack and Omi got a quick glimpse of it before it shot off in another direction and the forest continued to build itself into an obstacle course. A confusing maze of mystical fire, water and random gales completed itself. Omi's costume suddenly changed to his Wudai Warrior gear, as did the other Dragon's; spare Raimundo, who wore his Shoku attire.

"GONG YI TENPAI!" The contestants shouted, beginning the Showdown.

Omi instantly raced ahead and jumped over and ducked under bars, leaving Jack in his dust. The evil boy genius got himself together and also began to run.

"MONKEY STAFF!" He called, instantly assuming the form of a monkey.

He chanted with monkey screams and caught up to Omi fast with his improved agility. There was a large pit ahead filled with lava. Neither Omi nor Jack could jump across. Several bursts of lava shot up from the pit, carrying stone platforms. Jack seized the opportunity and jumped across, destroying every platform as he jumped off it. There were no more rocks left, but Omi had a plan. He waiting for the shot to calm down and jumped down into the pit.

"Omi! No!" Kimiko cried from afar.

There was no sound from the pit except a bubbling, then came a voice.

"KAZUSU ATOM! WATER!" The voice shouted.

Omi rose up from the pit laughing. He held onto the Atom tight as it sent a burst of water downwards, which was deflected by the lava and forced him upwards.

"KAZUSU ATOM! WATER! WATER! WATER!" He called three times, jumping off the other lava plumes.

He landed on the other side, still behind Jack a considerable distance. Jack looked back and pressed a button on his wristwatch and called several Jackbots.

"I'd forgotten how tricky you are Omi. Luckily, I have my own tricks too!" He screeched and continued down the course.

Omi jumped and broke a couple of Jackbots, still running forward at the same time.

"KAZUSU ATOM!" He called, destroying another few in one flash of the Wu.

There was one left. Omi jumped on it and broke off it's head. It continued to fly in the opposite direction of the course, but Omi turned it around and rode on it to catch up with Jack.

"KAZUSU ATOM! WATER!" He called again, unleashing a high pressured blast of water to speed up the Jackbot.

Jack looked behind him and saw what was happening. Before he could dodge, Omi smashed right into him with the Jackbot and continued on running as Jack struggled to get up from under his creation. He managed to eventually and continued to run after Omi. He spotted a nearby vine and grabbed it. He was going between vines at a speed that got him parallel to Omi and he jumped back on the track. A large geyser was up ahead, which caused Jack to stop.

"I'm not going in there! My coat'll get wet!" He cried.

Omi ignored his remark and continued running.

"WUDAI NEPTUNE! WATER!" He called.

The hot water separated and left a trail for Omi in the middle. He returned it to normal and shot the geyser back at Jack, pushing him much further back into the maze.

"Peace in!" Omi shouted, running to the temple.

Raimundo just sighed, he would have thought that Omi had given up on slang by now.

The temple was very low down, Omi only needed an extended leap to reach The Celestial Horn. He pulled a blue cylinder out of his pocket.

"His Wudai Weapon? He can't use that! He only wagered one Shen Gong Wu!" Jack screeched,

"Actually, 'genius', a Wudai Weapon technically isn't a Shen Gong Wu. He can use it as much as he likes!" Dojo laughed.

Jack realised now that it was no use and sat down to watch his defeat.

"SHIMO STAFF!" Omi called.

He struck the staff to the ground and balanced on it with one finger. It extended upwards to the height of the temple. Omi jumped to the podium and grabbed The Celestial Horn. He had won.

---

At the temple, the monks were sat in the courtyard, all looking at the new Shen Gong Wu.

"So whadda ya suppose it does?" Clay asked.

"Something to do with another dimension." Omi mumbled.

"I don't like it. I think I may be al...al...ACHOO!" Dojo sneezed fire right onto The Celestial Horn.

It began to glow and shot a green orb of light upwards. The orb expanded and out of it fell seven creatures. Six ponies and a purple dragon.