• Published 24th Dec 2013
  • 4,002 Views, 36 Comments

The Trotting Dead - Littlepip1231



Life was good for everypony before, but since the virus spread, more and more ponies are being killed and returning ... Twilight and her friends are desperate to find a cure ... If there even is one

  • ...
5
 36
 4,002

Rainbow Dash's POV

Chapter Five

~Rainbow Dash’s POV~

So, I never even thought a zombie apocalypse would ever happen. But it did! And I think it’s pretty cool! I finally get to go pull some awesome tricks in the air while kicking pony guts and stuff everywhere!

I mean, how cool is that?

So anyway, Applejack just made a TOTAL fool of herself just now. Pinkie and I were throwing a laughing fit on the ground, and I didn’t even bother to keep quiet. I wiped a tear from my eye as Pinkie’s laughter died down.

“Done yet sugar cube?” Applejack glared at me. I nodded.

“Uh huh” I nodded, opening my wings and taking flight once more.

“Let’s go check upstairs, shall we?” Applejack’s glare didn’t leave me. I rolled my eyes.

“Sure” I replied.

I checked over my shoulder to see if my cross-bow was there, and thank goodness it was.

“Hey, I’ll go first! I’m not some chicken” I called out boastfully, before flying up the stairs of Fluttershy’s cottage.

Halfway up the stairs, I heard a dull thump on the top floor. A little anxiety burned in my stomach. I turned around and saw Applejack followed by Pinkie Pie. Applejack raised an eyebrow as if saying: ‘Go on’

I turned back and cautiously flew up the stairs. I drew my crossbow out and aimed it around the room as I entered the top floor.

I almost gasped openly.

Angel, or at least, what was left of him was snarling and biting out gashes of an unfortunate squirrel. It seemed to be have gone, because the skin where the fur was torn away was pale.

I aimed my crossbow at it and slowly loaded it. Right as I put a hoof on the trigger, Angel turned around. His death-black eyes glared at me as he lunged forward.

I quickly pulled the trigger and an arrow shot quickly out of it, landing exactly between his eyes. He fell over, dead once more.

I was panting by the time I put my crossbow away. I trotted over to the dead bunny and pulled out my arrow, as sharp as a cantata.

I looked back and exchanged glances with Applejack and Pinkie Pie.

“I did it. See? I’m not chicken” I retorted. Applejack rolled her eyes as she began to search for more biters. Pinkie Pie jumped around the room humming a familiar tune.

After a few minuets of quiet exploration, Applejack spoke up.

“Ah think this is now safe for everypony to stay in. But, Ah don’t know how Fluttershy is going to take the fact that Angel is uh … One of … Them” Applejack said sheepishly.

Pinkie Pie sprung over to AJ.

“Here, I’ll tell her” She offered before bounding down the stairs. Through the cottage window I was able to see Pinkie tell the rest of the group what we discovered. I was unlucky enough to see Fluttershy burst out into tears outside. A pang of empathy stabbed me at the sight of the fragile pegasi.

’She’s going to learn that we’re all going to die eventually though’ I told myself.

Twilight spoke a few words before the herd trotted into the cottage.

I picked up the body of Angel, and stuffed him in a nearby chest before gliding down and joining the rest of the group.

“Thank you, all of you for clearing this for us” Twilight glanced at the three of us.

I waved it off with my hoof.

“It was no biggy” I chirped.

Peering behind the crowd, I saw Fluttershy huddling over, sobbing to herself quietly. I silently flew over.

“You okay?” I asked. Fluttershy nodded.

“I-I’m fine” She mumbled.

I didn’t leave. I landed and put my hoof on her shoulder.

“Is … Is his body still …” She attempted to ask.

I shook my head.

“It’s gone” I told her. Fluttershy nodded her head and continued to avoid my gaze.

“Fluttershy, listen. I know this is hard for you, and it was even harder for me to shoot him, but it had to be done” I explained.

“YOU DIDN’T HAVE TO! YOU COULD’VE JUST TIED HIM UP!” Fluttershy wailed. I was taken aback by her new tone.

“YOU DIDN’T HAVE TO KILL H-him” She whimpered.

“Fluttershy-“ I started.

“Just go” She turned away from me. I drew back and accidently bumped into Twilight.

I looked at her, searching her face for an answer to cheer Fluttershy up. Twilight didn’t say anything.

“Leave it to me” She said, before pushing past me and making her way to Fluttershy.

“Rainbow Dash?”

I looked down and saw Scootaloo looking up at me. I put on a smile.

“Hey Scoots”

“Have you killed any walkers yet?” She asked.

“Yeah. I’ve killed a few. Quite simple” I replied proudly. Scootaloo beamed.

“You should teach me some cool techniques sometime! I wanna be just like you!” She closed her eyes enthusiastically.

I felt flattery wash over me.

“Heh, thanks Scoots! I will defiantly teach you one day” I promised.

“Um … Guys?” Sweetiebelle started.

Everypony turned to Sweetiebelle.

“L-look!” She pointed a hoof fearfully outside the door. And outside, was a big wave of walkers, making their way towards the cottage.

Author's Note:

Hey! Sorry for not updating in a while, I've been kind of busy cx