• Published 24th Dec 2013
  • 4,002 Views, 36 Comments

The Trotting Dead - Littlepip1231



Life was good for everypony before, but since the virus spread, more and more ponies are being killed and returning ... Twilight and her friends are desperate to find a cure ... If there even is one

  • ...
5
 36
 4,002

Rarity's POV

Chapter Two

~Rarity's POV~

“Rarityy! Scoots and I don’t wanna go outside though!” Sweetiebelle whined. I narrowed my eyes at my younger sister.

“I have things to do and I simply cannot be interrupted! Now shoo!” I scolded. Sweetiebelle rolled her eyes as she dragged herself away from me.

‘Now, where was I?’

Screwing up my face in concentration, I put my hoof on the hoof-pedal, and my sewing machine began to run once more. That was, until a scream pierced my ears, making me lose focus and run the machine off the fabric.

I gasped in horror at the fabric in front of me. An ugly stitch line ran right through the whole fabric piece. It’ll take hours to take out!

“Sweetie BELLE!” I screamed out, stomping a hoof vigorously.

“YOU MADE ME SCREW UP THIS PIECE THAT I’VE BEEN WORKING HARD ON, AND NOW YOU WILL-“ My rant was cut short at gory scene before me.

“R-Rarityy!! HELLP” Scootaloo cried.

“Oh sweet Celestia … Hey! You! You leave those fillies alone!” I marched forward. A ragged looking stallion had Sweetiebelle and Scootaloo cornered. He was staggering and growling, slowly inching towards the defenseless fillies.

“Where is your manners? And why are you picking on ponies younger than you!?” I snapped.

The stallion turned around, and I felt my face go green and the need to hurl. He let out a snort and started limping towards me. His eyes were missing, and a chunk of his mouth was hanging off his jaws.

I backed up slowly, and out of the corner of my eye I saw Sweetiebelle and Scootaloo hugging each other in fear.

“Don’t. Come. Any. Closer” I warned. He let out a roar and charged at me. With my magic, I picked up a few pin holders and I stabbed him into the sockets where his eyes should be. There was a sickening squish before he fell limp at my hooves.

“Oh no … I … I killed somepony” I whispered as soon as the fact sunk into my head.

There was a pause for a moment. I just stared at the broken body in front of me. My heart jumped as soon as one of his hooves lashed out for me. I jumped out of the way in time. He heaved himself to his hooves and charged at me. Quickly, I raised my fore-hooves up in self-defense. I squeezed my azure eyes shut as he was only a mere inch away from me, and to my surprise, my end didn’t come.

Carefully, I opened one eye to see Sweetiebelle hovered over him. A dagger was in her magical grip, sunk deep into his head. She tore it out and the sick sound of meat was enough to make me hurl over to the side.

“Thank you, Sweetiebelle” I murmured. She nodded in return.

“Hey … I think we need to leave ..” Scootaloo awkwardly mentioned. Sweetiebelle and I looked over to her, and the orange filly was pointing a wing out the front door.

Sweetiebelle and I trotted over, and I nearly collapsed on the sight. Everywhere was littered with a few of these ruffians, scourging the grounds for only Celestia knows what.

“Sweetiebelle, stay here, Scootaloo, stay right behind me” I instructed. I got two nods from the ponies in return.

“It’s not safe out there … We … We need to find something to protect ourselves. Sweetie, how did you kill that creature before?” I asked, looking at my younger sister. Sweetiebelle shrugged.

“Just stabbed it in the brain … Otherwise they don’t die!” She exclaimed. I closed my eyes slowly.
This isn’t right. We shouldn’t have to kill these ponies. Maybe they’re just looking for help? It seems unlikely …

“Sweetie, give me the knife” I ordered. Sweetiebelle hesitated for a moment, eyeing her dagger wistfully.

“Give it to me” I pressed.

Sweetiebelle nodded and dropped the knife at my hoof

“Thanks” I said to her, picking up the dagger.

“Now you two find something sharp to defend yourself with … I can’t risk anyone getting hurt” Rarity called from over her shoulder. Her attention was focused on the monster ponies outside. They didn’t seem to notice them … Yet.

As Scootaloo and Sweetiebelle scuttled off to find something to their liking, Rarity began to ponder to herself.

What happened to Ponyville? It wasn’t this disastrous yesterday …

“We’re back Rarity!” Scootaloo called. Rarity nodded, not tearing her line of sight off the creatures.

“What do you two have?” Rarity asked.

“We went to the kitchen and found these” Sweetiebelle showed her sister her butcher knife, and Scootaloo’s large kitchen knife.

I nodded and a gulp slowly went down my throat. I’m not exactly too thrilled to see my little girl and one of her best friends with a knife at such a young age … But I can’t leave her unarmed, can I now?

“Good. Let’s head out and check up on our friends. We have to make sure they’re fine” I said, looking at each filly in the eye. They nodded their understanding and followed me out of the boutique door.

The air scented of rotting corpses, and the world we once knew was now full of guts and gore. A few of these walking creatures spotted us, and began their hike towards us.

“Come on! This way!” I cried, starting my way into a full gallop towards Twilight’s tree house.

I have to check up on Twi and make sure she’s okay! Ooh and the other girls too I thought frantically.

I yelp sounded from behind me. I skidded to a halt to see one of these ‘ponies’ on Sweetiebelle. The younger filly was thrashing her hooves around, trying to get the beast off her. The pony seemed to be .. Snapping at her and trying to bite her, as if its trying to make her into a snack. I raised up my dagger and sank it into the back of its head.

At this point, more ponies were eagerly hobbling and limping towards us.

“You okay Sweetiebelle!?” I asked, pushing the body off her.

Sweetiebelle nodded and got up. I eyed her one more time before we continued our way to Twilight’s tree.

As soon as my friends house rolled into a sight, something strange ran out of the building.

Three caramel brown stallions burst out of the building with Spike on one of their backs. On their torsos was a shirt that screamed that they were the police.

“Hey! Hello!!” I cried out.l

They stopped and looked at out direction, while the unicorn stallion of the group aimed a gun at the three of us.

“We mean no trouble! We need help!” I called out, in hopes to explain. The unicorn briefly nodded and lowered his gun.

“Come on!” I urged.

“Sweetiebelle, Scootaloo, come here, these cops are going to help us” I looked each filly in the eye. They nodded once more.

The three of us trotted over.

“You three need help?” He asked as soon as we were in ear-shot distance.

“Rarity!” Spike called out gleefully. He was silenced from a look shot by the pegasi guard. I smiled at him feebly.

“Yes” I replied, nodding my head at the same time.

“Alrighty” The unicorn replied. He raised his gun again and peeked through the aiming hole. It seemed to be as if he was pointing at us.

“Um, sir?” I asked nervously.

With his magic, he loaded the gun and a click came out of weapon. The trigger was pulled, and a bullet shot out faster than Rainbow Dash, right past us. Scootaloo, Sweetiebelle, and I turned around in confusion to see where the bullet was shot. We turned around in time to see one of the scary looking ponies collapse to the ground.

“You want no business with those biters. They try to eat you, and when you die, you turn into one of them” The pegasi cop informed grimly.

My stomach did a flop at that.

“They’re … Cannibals?” I asked quietly.

The earth pony cop nodded.

“Come, we’re heading to the town hall. It’s safe there. We can’t dawdle here much longer” The unicorn pony instructed. The five of us trotted behind the unicorn, avoiding the biters along the way.

It was a long, and terrifying walk. Biters were coming at us form all angles, and every few minuets we’d stop to stab or shoot one here and there.

Finally, we reached the town hall. It was in ruins, and biters were trailing in.

“OH SWEET CELESTIA!” The unicorn cop yelled. The three police broke into a dash, and the fillies and I were right behind them.

The unicorn aimed his gun again. He was shooting at the corpses, every few shots at least two would drop to the ground, dead. The pegasi flew over to the chaotic crowd. I watched as he repediatly stab or bash the skulls of ponies in- Until one pegasi biter flew over and bit him in the wing. There was a wail before he fell and disappeared into the mob of biters. The biters rushed over to him to begin their feast.

“This way” I whispered to Sweetiebelle and Scootaloo, who were shaking from terror and shock. We crept along the sides of the building. The biters didn’t notice us- they’re too busy with their victim.

Upon entering the building, there were pony entrails and biters everywhere. I just so happened to see Applebloom, Applejack, Twilight, and Pinkie fighting biters by the corner.

“There!” I pointed a hoof in our friends direction. We sprinted over and sank our weapons into the heads of the biters attacking our friends.

I was panting by the time I yanked my dagger out of its skull.

I looked at the face of the biter I killed, and reeled over in shock. The biter I just killed was Aloe.

“Rarity? Scootaloo and Sweetiebelle?” Twilight asked softly.

I nodded.

“It’s us” I replied.

“Thank Celestia you’re safe!” Applejack cried. She jumped over to me and threw her hooves around in a hug, soon to be joined by Pinkie Pie.

“We don’t have time for this. We have to celebrate later. More biters are on their way” Twilight mentioned with fear mingling in with her voice.

I turned around to see biters slowly cornering us.

“OH NO WE’RE GONNA DIEEEE!” Pinkie Pie wailed.

I gulped in fear and took a step back, only to trip over Applebloom.

“Hang on everypony!” Twilight called out to us.

I squeezed my eyes shut and prepared for the inevitable.

There was a flash of purple light, and then we were gone.