• Published 24th Dec 2013
  • 4,002 Views, 36 Comments

The Trotting Dead - Littlepip1231



Life was good for everypony before, but since the virus spread, more and more ponies are being killed and returning ... Twilight and her friends are desperate to find a cure ... If there even is one

  • ...
5
 36
 4,002

Fluttershy's POV

Author's Note:

Hey guys,

I don't even know how this is going, but I would really appreciate it if you commented how you think it is so far, or if there's room for improvement. I haven't written stories for awhile, so I'm not sure how my writing is to anyone anymore cx Thanks!

Chapter Three

~Fluttershy’s POV~

“There you go Angel bunny! A nice salad for lunch!” I chirped happily, setting the plastic bowl at Angel’s paws. The white rabbit kicked the bowl, and its contents spilled onto the floor.

I felt my face fluster.

“I’m sorry …” I whimpered. I glanced over at the leaves on the floor, and thankfully enough, little mice and shrews scuttled over and snacked on the remains.

“Well, what do you want?” I asked, looking at Angel. The little rabbit hopped away for a moment, and returned holding the cookbook. He turned to page 54, and pointed at a gourmet salad.

I quickly scanned the ingredients.

“Angel, I don’t have carrots. You know I’m going shopping tomorrow though. Why don’t you pick something else?” I asked gently.

Angel crossed his arms and looked away.

“Okay, fine I’ll go get the carrots right now!” I squeaked.

Angel proceeded to look away from me as I skipped out the door. As soon as I trotted down the dirt path, I knew something was wrong. Just the sight of the blood staining the streets, and hurt ponies everywhere, limping and groaning.

“Oh no!” I squeaked. I unfurled my wings and began to fly as fast as I could to the nearest pony. Angel could wait for a bit- I had things to do.

I recognized the hurt pony to the filly called Silverspoon.

“Oh no! Silverspoon, are you okay!?” I gasped.

The gray filly looked up at me slowly. Blood slowly dripped from her mouth, and her white eyes bore holes through me. I squeaked in terror and backed up slowly.

She growled and began to make her way towards me.

“Silverspoon, I’m going to help you” I reassured her carefully.

She snarled and lashed one of her bloody hooves at me. I ducked just in time.

“That wasn’t very nice” I stated sternly

But she’s hurt. She needs help I scolded myself for being so insensitive. I landed on the ground and tucked my wings to my side. I held out a hoof to her.

“You seem to be in pain. Here, let me help you” I said squeamishly.

She let out a half-growl-half-snort and –

All of a sudden she collided with the ground in front of my hooves. I jumped back in surprise in time to see Rainbow Dash hovering over the body, pulling her arrow of the skull of Silverspoon.

“Rainbow Dash!” I cried.

Rainbow rolled her magenta eyes at me.

“Have you seen this town lately? You should be thanking me! You were nearly eaten by a walker!” Rainbow said irritably.

I decided to ignore the comment.

I flew up to meet her gaze.

“Since when have you learned to use a bow and arrow, anyway?” I asked.

Rainbow shrugged.

“I dunno. I kinda knew since I was a filly” She responded, throwing it back over her shoulder.

“Come on Fluttershy, we have no time to lose. I heard that the town hall was being attacked by more walkers” Rainbow explained in a hurry.

My head was spinning with confusion.

Walkers? Attacked? What’s going on here?

Rainbow grabbed my hoof and flew off in the direction of the town hall. We were there in 10 seconds flat.

“Oh no! We have to make sure Twilight and the others are okay!” Rainbow gasped.

“Here! You’ll need this to defend yourself. Hit the walkers in the head and that should do it” Rainbow reached into her saddlebag and threw me a knife. I caught it by the handle before it fell.

“Now hurry!” Rainbow said as she glided down.

Why do we have to kill? I whimpered to myself. At the same time, I felt hooves being placed on my hind leg. I let out a squeak and I turned around to see a pegasi mare, snarling at me. One of her eyes were missing, and her mane was ratted. It let out a moan as it prepared to sink its teeth into my leg.

“YOU WILL NOT GET ME ALIVEE!” I cried out, jabbing the knife into her head. Its single lifeless eye closed, and its wings stopped flapping. It fell to the earth below.

I quickly followed it, and I yanked the knife out of its head as soon as it hit the ground.

I stared at the bloody blade in horror.

Oh no … I killed somepony!

I felt myself shivering in fear. I acted out of instinct. I would never purposefully hurt another pony!

“Somepony! Help!” I heard. My head snapped up, and I flew in the direction of the voice. I almost fainted at what I saw. Five walkers were trying to snap at Twilight, and other familiar faces.

I dove down to go help out, but I halted in mid-air as Twilight casted a spell, teleporting all of them somewhere else. I looked around in confusion, to see them reappear on the ground below me.

I lowered myself to their height.

“Hi” I said quietly.

“Fluttershy! Yer alright!” Applejack gasped. I nodded.

“Ooh thank Celestia Ah thought you were ah gonner!” Applebloom squealed.

“We have no time to waste. Fluttershy, have you seen Rainbow?” Twilight looked at me with concern.

“Umm yes. She’s looking for you all right now” I replied.

“Well she flew right past us then!” Rarity interrupted.

I shook my head.

“I can go get her. If it’s no trouble at all, I mean” I offered. Twilight nodded.

“That would be awesome. We’ll hold up here for now. I wish we had more weapons though” Twilight’s voice trailed off.

“I can go get some!” Pinkie Pie chirped.

“And me too!” Applejack piped up.

“Good. Hurry! These walkers are coming!” Twilight ushered us away, and she picked up a nearby rock in her grasp. She slammed it into the head of a nearby walker, and I shuddered.

Has our world really come to this?

I spotted Rainbow up in the sky, just past the town hall.

“Rainbow Dash! Rainbow! Dash!” I called out. However, the headstrong pegasi didn’t hear me.

“RAINBOW DASH” I yelled. The cyan pony looked at me, and flew over.

“What is it, ‘Shy? You know we have to find Twilight and we have absolutely no time to lose!” Rainbow said worriedly. I smiled cutely.

“Beat you too it already!” I said in a sing-song tone. Rainbow let out a small chuckle, before her eyes went wide.

“DUCK!” She gasped. I did. I lowered my head and a bow shot right where my head was a heartbeat ago. I turned around and saw a walker falling from the sky. Rainbow Dash moved quickly through the air, and ripped her arrow back from the pony before it hit the ground.

“Now Fluttershy! Hurry, take me to Twilight and the others!” Rainbow said frantically. I nodded, and we glided past the town hall, to where the group was holding up.

We landed on the ground, as soon as I saw Applejack and Pinkie Pie returning back. They leaped through the ruins of the town hall, and proceeded to charge towards us, their backs carrying saddlebags of weapons.

“We’re back and we got walker killers!” Pinkie Pie chirped, putting the bag down beside where Applejack put hers.

“Good” Twilight praised. I looked at the knife Rainbow Dash gave me.

“Just put that in the bag for now, Fluttershy. You’ll need something sharper” Twilight instructed. I nodded and put it in the bag.

“I’ll keep watch. Walkers are coming from all angles and if somepony doesn’t keep watch, we’re all walker food” Rainbow said, before pulling out arrows from the sack on her back, and firing them at the nearby walkers.

I found a large scalpel, and pulled it out for myself.

“Is that what you want?” Twilight asked me. I nodded as she loaded her gun.

Applejack pulled out a hacksaw for herself, Rarity clutched a dagger with her magic, and Pinkie Pie decided that a hammer would do the trick. Sweetiebelle had a butcher knife in her levitation, Scootaloo had a large kitchen knife, and Applebloom held a serrated knife. Also, inside the saddlebags were knife and gun holders. I picked up a bag designed for knives and put it over my shoulder. It looked similar to Derpy’s mailmare bag …

Soon, we were prepared. Thankfully no walkers got to us while getting ready.

“Where do we head to now?” I heard Sweetiebelle ask.

Twilight didn’t look at Sweetiebelle. She was focused on keeping the walkers approaching us slowly.

“I don’t know. We’ll head to the everfree forest, and see if Zecora has a solution to this” Twilight called back in response.

“Everypony! Make a circle and stay close together! Don’t lose this formation!” Twilight instructed. Instantly, we made a tight circle, and I wormed my way in there. We were constantly driving our knives through these walkers, and I would jump every time I heard Twilight’s gun go off.

“Fluttershy, how safe is your house?” Twilight called over to me.

“Haven’t even known this chaos is going on” I responded.

“We’ll head there for the mean time” the purple unicorn cried to everypony, who seemed to have no objections.

Oh no! I wonder if walkers got into my house, would they get Angel!? I hope not! I panicked to myself.

I gulped in fear. We’re just going to have to find out.