• Published 24th Dec 2013
  • 4,002 Views, 36 Comments

The Trotting Dead - Littlepip1231



Life was good for everypony before, but since the virus spread, more and more ponies are being killed and returning ... Twilight and her friends are desperate to find a cure ... If there even is one

  • ...
5
 36
 4,002

Applejack's POV

Chapter Four

~Applejack’s POV~

Honestly, Ah didn’t know what to feel. It all just happened so quickly, and Ah barely knew what was happenin’! All Ah can register was it was lunch time, and we were eatin’ away happily, and all of a sudden, those things burst through the door, and took hold of Granny Smith. Big Mac began to fight them off, and he told Applebloom and I to go … He told us to leave …

And we did.

~~~
“Twilight, I don’t know how much more Ah can take!” I cried. My hoof was starting to get sore from holding the Celestia-be-damned hacksaw. I raised it over my head and sliced through the head of a walker approaching me.

“We’re almost there! Just hang on for a little longer! All of you!” Twilight called back.

I let out a grunt as I threw effort into my next blow. This walker’s head came clean off its body.

“We can teleport from here” Twilight informed again.

“then DO IT!” Pinkie yelled to the purple mare.

And in the next second, we’re in the front of Fluttershy’s cottage.

“I have to see if my animals are okay!” Fluttershy gasped. She darted into the cottage without precaution.

“Fluttershy no!” I cried out to the butter-yellow pegasi, but it was too late. She already disappeared into the darkness of her home.

Rainbow and I casted each other worried glances.

“F-Fluttershy?” I called out carefully.

“HE’S NOT IN HERE!” I heard her screech.

“Shush Fluttershy! You’ll attract all the walkers!” Rainbow snapped.

Fluttershy zoomed out of her cottage and halted in front of us. Her eyes searching around frantically.

“He’s not here. Ohno hesnotherehesnothereHESNOTHERE!” She wailed.

“Flutters, calm down. We’ll find him!” I rested a hoof on her shoulder. Fluttershy looked down and didn’t meet my gaze.

“If she was able to screech like a banshee and NOT attract any biters, then there’s a sweet chance that her house is clear” Rainbow Dash pondered out loud.

Twilight nodde.d

“You’re right Rainbow, but we should still be careful. You never know …” Twilight’s voice trailed off.

“Ah’ll go in and check” I volunteered. Twilight eyed me carefully.

“You sure about that AJ?” She asked me doubtfully. I nodded.

“But sis! What if there is something in there? What if it attacks you? Ah don’t wanna lose you either!” Applebloom protested.

I held her gaze and smiled warmly.

“Ah’ll be fine! Ah promise!” I reassured her.

“Applebloom’s right! I’m coming in with you” Rainbow Dash landed beside Applebloom and stared me straight in the eye, as if wanting me to object.

“And me too! Me too!” Pinkie Pie bounced over to us cheerfully. Her hammer’s handle poked out of her bag.

I nodded.

“We’ll be out in ten minuets, and if were not, then there’s something wrong” I looked at Twilight in the eye, and she nodded. I tipped my hat, and the three of us proceeded into the house.

I’ll admit, I felt pretty anxious about what will be inside. I could tell Pinkie and Rainbow felt the same way, but since we were together, we were unstoppable.

We slowly crept into the house, the floorboards creaking below our hooves. As silent as possible, we crawled to the nearest wall. I glanced past it to see that familiar sight of Fluttershy’s living room, however it looked awfully barren. This new cleanliness was incongruous to the way it looked before. It was almost scary, actually.

“Its all clear! We’ll head that way” I whispered, pointing one hoof towards the kitchen. I received two nods from Rainbow and Pinkie.

Still keeping our stance, we moved quickly, but silently to the kitchen. A scuffling sound from the pantry caught my ear. The three of us exchanged bewildered expressions.

“Hey Dash, you go! You ain’t scared of nothin’!” I urged the cyan Pegasus. Rainbow shot me a glare.

“Me? Why don’t you go? Stop being such a sissy” She retorted.

The scratching sound inside the pantry took us by surprise. I casted Rainbow a dirty look before creeping over the pantry door. Carefully, I put a hoof on the doorknob. Turning around, I saw Rainbow aiming her bow and arrow at the door, and Pinkie’s hammer handle was gripped tightly in her mouth.

“Go on. Open it” Rainbow nodded at the door.

“Just think of it as a surprise, AJ! Ooh! I love surprises!” Pinkie giggled quietly.

I ignored the two, and slowly turned the knob. My heart was racing, and I felt a cold bead of sweat trickle down my forehead. I tightened my grip of my hacksaw in my other hoof, and I flung the door open and let out a battle cry-

Only to be greeted by tiny mice scurrying out of the pantry.

“What in tarnation!?” I gasped.

Rainbow Dash broke into fits of laughter.

“Well, at least Ah had the courage to open that door” I stomped a hoof down in anger. Rainbow wiped a tear from her eye, only to break into laughter some more. I looked over at Pinkie. She was trying her best to contain her laughter, but with no avail.

I groaned and slapped a hoof across my face, I couldn’t help but let out a few chuckles myself.

It was a good laugh.

A really, really good one.