• Published 21st Dec 2013
  • 726 Views, 16 Comments

Interview with an Unexpected Mage - musicluvr1974



One month after the events of "The Audience," two Ponyville colts decide to flout the rules and try alcohol for the first time. However, no one warned them that often, who you meet in a bar is more dangerous than what you drink there...

  • ...
9
 16
 726

Chapter 8: Incarceration II: Conversation (The Basics)

As the eight travelers arrived back at Appleloosa's hoosegow, Twilight gave a start, realizing something. "Sheriff! Wait!" she called to Silver Star. The lawpony turned to her.

"What is it, Princess Twilight? I gotta get this critter locked away safe, per Hizzoner's instructions."

"That's just it, though," she countered. "If no magic works at all in Cell 3A, how will we be able to fight back if he does try anything? Besides, you heard Judge Bean's verdict as well as we all did--he isn't guilty of anything except bad timing. Could you please place him in another cell?"

"Well, now, I don't know, yer Highness," Sheriff Star scratched the back of his neck, thinking. "If'n Mr. Clavoli gives us his word o' honor not t' try any shenanigans, I s'pose it'll be all right--long as ya agree t' go back inta Cell 3A nice 'n' quiet-like once Their Highnesses leave," he finished, giving Jason a flat stare. "I don't want no trouble."

"Very well, Sheriff," Jason agreed. "Another two weeks of an itchy scalp is a small price to pay, I suppose, for a beginning." He smiled. "Thank you for seeing reason."

"We'll start the soundproofing process again, Twilight," Rarity said. "Come, girls." She led them up the hall while Twilight blink-teleported to soundproof Jason's cell window again. Then, she and Jason walked up the hall to a drab-looking interrogation room with a low table and stools. As they seated themselves, Jason spoke.

"Right. First things first. Scan me."

Twilight's ears flicked back in surprise. "What?"

"You heard me. Scan me, like those doctors over at Ponyville General or Canterlot Med Center do. You must have watched them do it to unicorns at least once--oh, wait, that's right! You used this on Rarity before her ascension, didn't you?" he exclaimed, snapping his fingers.

The former unicorn blinked. "You know about that?"

Jason smiled. "Watcher, remember? So, the point is, you do know this spell. And as I recall, Rarity was emotionally weary enough right then she didn't want you using it. Well, here's your chance to scratch that particular itch--you have a willing volunteer. Poke and prod away to your heart's content, your Highness!" He laughed. "I want to prove to your own satisfaction that I have the capability to do these things. Scan me so you can see for yourself." Jason sat up straight on his stool, spreading his arms out straight from his shoulders in a T shape.

"Scan you for what? Unicorn internal anatomy?" She looked skeptically at Jason.

"Essentially, yes. Creatures capable of using magic have... what's the term... magical fonts, don't they? Look for yourself and see whether I have one." He smiled again.

"All right." Twilight's horn began to glow as she cast the same scanning spell she'd used on Rarity the day they'd dealt Anarchy his first (1) defeat. As her scan passed over his belly, she did notice something. Her eyes closed involuntarily as she used her mind's eye to take a closer look at what the spell was showing her. Jason did indeed possess a font, but with an odd shape. This... it's more like a river or a stream than a fountain, she thought to herself. Wait--no, that wasn't the whole story. It's more like a fountain that has overflowed and created a river, she mused. She opened her eyes. "This is really weird," she said.

"I presume it's a truism in both our dimensions that 'the Maker works in mysterious ways'?" Jason asked the alicorn, smiling at her with a glint of mischief in his eye. "Seriously, though, full explanations for why these things are so will have to wait until I can get out to Golden Oaks and borrow a certain specific book I have in mind," he continued. "If I picked a timeline with the right configuration, you should have it available."

"Which book? I could go home and get it for you under librarian's privilege," Twilight offered. "If Spike didn't stick it in the wrong section or something...."

"Good idea. He could have filed it under "Comparative Religions" or "Foreign Literature" or something like that," Jason replied. "It should have a light-brown cover, with silver lettering on the spine and gold lettering on the cover, reading 'Holy Bible.'"

Twilight's eyes widened. "You mean that book from another dimension that Fluttershy, Rainbow and I had such a
hard time (2) with those fake 'Celestial Inquisitors' over, about two years ago?! It's yours?!"

"Not specifically mine, per se," Jason said, shaking his head. "It is the best-selling book of all time in my world; probably someone else's copy. But the point is, it's probably Equis' only copy, and I need one, for more reasons than just one," he said, rubbing his abdomen ruefully. "I'll explain in more detail when you bring it back."

Twilight nodded. "I think I can get it for you. I'll go get Spike, and we'll be back soon." She left the room and walked back up the hall, calling for him.

"What is it, Twilight?" Spike asked, looking over at her from where he was watching Rarity and Pinkie double-shot one of the office windows. "Did Jason break for lunch already?"

"No, Spike," Twilight replied. "In order to give a fuller explanation, he's going to need a very specific book. We need to go back to Books and Branches. We may be about to solve two mysteries, instead of just one...."


An observer walking by the Books and Branches Library-palace a half-hour or so later would have heard a loud clatter arising from various sections of the building as its proprietress tore through its contents in a frantic search. "No... no... no... not this one either... no... no... no, no, no, no, NO!" Twilight growled loudly in frustration. "SPIKE! Where in the hay did you stash that book?!"

"If it's not anywhere out here, did you check the Restricted section?" her clashing-hued draconic assistant asked mildly. He turned to point at a door labeled with various "KEEP OUT" signs in a variety of loud colors and several written languages.

"The Restricted section??" Twilight's mouth fell open briefly. "Why did you put it in there??"

"With all the kerfluffle you and the girls went through over that book last time, I figured it was better to keep its checkout on a need-to-know basis," Spike replied. "You never know when some band of cultist revolutionaries disguised as Moral Guardians is going to pop out of the woodwork...." He rolled his eyes, adding, "I'll be in the kitchen finishing packing us a lunch when you're ready," as he walked toward the room he'd just mentioned.

"Oh, come on, Spike, that's not--" Twilight broke off her statement, reconsidering. "...actually a half-bad idea," she finished. "Considering this is Ponyville, after all...!" She trotted over to unlock the Restricted section. One precisely-calibrated and -measured series of magic pulses later, she stood with her horn aglow in the dark room, counting Dewhoof Decimal numbers.

"196, 197, 198, 199--ah! 200!" She began searching the Comparative Religions section. Spotting a light brown leatherbound tome about four times the area of the average paperback, she pulled it from the shelf. "Yes! This is it!" Grasping her prize in the magenta glow of her telekinesis, she turned and exited the room, recasting the pulse code to lock the door behind herself. Lowering the book into her saddlebag, she walked toward the kitchen.

"Find it, Twilight?" Spike greeted her with a question as he finished wrapping two daisy-and-daffodil sandwiches in brown cellophane. He hefted a thermos of some steaming liquid that smelled to Twilight wonderfully of ginger and sugar. "Got some Whinndian tea to go with the sandwiches, too," he said, lowering the thermos carefully into a travel pack on top of an assortment of colorful gemstones.

"Yep! All ready to head out?" Twilight asked. She waited for Spike to sit down on her back, then asked another question. "Teleport or fly?"

"Teleport," Spike said firmly. "I still don't think you're as good with those--" he tapped a pinion of her right wing--"as you need to be."

"I guess," Twilight said, blushing. "I think you're right. Besides, it'll get us there faster." She trotted down the front steps of the library after locking its door. Once she reached the street below, she said, in a voice slightly louder than her normal speaking volume, "Brace yourself, Spike! Three... two... one...!" With a flash of magenta and a loud FTTZ! like the snap of a relighting birthday candle, they vanished from Ponyville and reappeared on Appleloosa's main street.


"Hi, Princess," Jason waved to the pair as they walked in. "I hope it's lunchtime, because my stomach certainly thinks so." He placed a hand on his belly, which punctuated this statement by growling emptily.

"Can humans eat daisies or daffodils? Because that's what Spike packed," Twilight said, with a concerned look at Jason. "We really need some researchers up at the Basement (3) to start looking into these things..."

"We can't eat daffodils--the lycorine in them is poisonous--but daisies should be all right if they're the short-leaved... uh, Trottingham variety, I think you'd call it? I hope you made some with just the one kind of flower..." He reddened suddenly, Twilight saw.

"There's no need to be embarrassed about food allergies," she told him. "Arthur went through the same thing when he was here. Spike? Did you think to pack extra for Jason?"

"Uh... whoops," the dragon blushed, after a moment or so of figuring. "Sorry, dude, I'm not even really sure what you guys can eat!"

"That's OK, Spike," Jason said. "I hope Sheriff Star and his deputies bring me something pretty soon, though."

"Next time we try to pack a working picnic for three, I'll check with the Royal Dietitians up in Canterlot," Twilight promised. "They figured out Arthur's needs; they should be able to modify those plans to fit yours."

"We've got lots of tea, though! It's a new Whinndian blend we just had shipped in by Derpy from mail-order a day or two ago! Wanna try some?" The dragon hoisted the tall thermos out of his travel pack, set it on the table and went looking for some cups. Just as he exited, there came into the room a tall, burly pony wearing a deputy sheriff's badge. On his back, he bore a tray holding a bowl of what looked to Twilight like overcooked lima beans, an apple, two bananas, and an orange, along with a spoon and napkin.

"Lunch." said the deputy shortly, placing the tray on the low table before Jason. Giving a respectful, if brief, nod to Twilight, as well as a one-word greeting, "Highness," the pony turned and left the interrogation room.

"All right, let's see what they've brought me..." The human picked up the spoon and dipped it into the bowl, raising the contents to his mouth...then making a face. "Soybeans? Again?" Jason facepalmed and sighed. "You guys have no imagination... Oh, well, at least dessert will be good." He smiled. "Oranges are my favorite fruit."

"They do give you adequate water around here, don't they?" asked Twilight, noticing the lack of any beverage with Jason's meal. "If not, I may need to pay Silver Star's dietitians a personal visit."

"I think so," Jason responded. "Humans need about two quarts a day to stave off dehydration--that's probably less than what a pony needs."

"Two quarts?!" Twilight stared at Jason, shocked. "That's barely a good drink for us! You've got to be kidding...!"

"No, that is, scientifically proven by our doctors, the minimum amount a human needs to stay healthy and functional. Of course, in society, some of us get less..." Jason blushed, as if remembering something embarrassing. "There was this one time I--" He stopped. "Never mind, you probably don't want the details... Suffice it to say that one colt who likes arcade games and I have a lot in common--maybe a bit too much." He grinned sheepishly.

"Incredible...!" Twilight was far gone in a research haze over comparative biology at this point. "So tall, and yet they need that little water? They must be endurance runners, then. I wonder if...?" She shook herself, breathing deeply, then exhaling. "Sorry. It's just so fascinating finding these things out!" She squealed, then calmed herself again. "Sorry!"

Jason chuckled. "No problem. I remember being equally fascinated by the mammalian digestive system when I was in second-grade health class." He ate another few spoonfuls of soybeans, then began to peel a banana. "So, Princess Twilight, did you come down here just to share lunches, or is there another reason you're here?"

"Oh! That's right! I almost forgot!" She levitated the worn NIV Bible from her saddlebag. "Here's the book you wanted. Why is it so important?"

The human swallowed a mouthful of banana and answered, "That answer will probably have to wait until after lunch, so you can get a better look at what goes on. I hope you don't mind waiting."

"Well, we do have the next two weeks... but then again, we know nothing of what Tirek may be up to even this moment, so we should probably get to this as soon as we can. I'm sure you have quite a lot to show me," Twilight said.

"Once we get the basics down, I have quite a bit to show all of you," Jason replied, smiling. "It starts with the Book and why it matters, though." He worked his way steadily through the rest of his lunch, extracting the seeds from the apple and orange and placing them carefully into the bowl with the banana peels and the remains of the soybeans, then wiping his mouth with the napkin after finishing the last section of orange. "Especially if these are fertile seeds, I don't want to waste them," Jason remarked. "The markets in my world sell apples that have had the seeds chemically treated to keep them from sprouting, so that customers can't save the seeds and grow their own trees--they have to come back and buy more to get any. I've thought ever since I heard of it that it was a bit of an unfair strategy.

"But I digress. I was about to explain the necessity of this Bible to you. Take a close look at my font. Notice anything?"

Twilight activated her scan again. "Hmm... if this were a physical river, I'd say there'd been a drought. The water level's lower than the banks."

"Uh-huh. Now watch." He opened the Bible and began reading. After a good five to seven minutes, Twilight noticed the "water" level of Jason's font begin to rise as the fountain at its head began to flow more vigorously.

"So..." she concluded, as the light dawned, "...humans use this Book to recharge their fonts, the way rapid-eye-movement sleep does it for creatures with a horn? Extraordinary!" She clapped her front hooves together excitedly.

"Yeah, that and conversing with the Maker about our days, both before and after they happen," Jason added, "which, by the way, is part of why I was able to anticipate Princess Rainbow's moves the other week. The Maker showed me she'd try something like that in our morning conversation, before I actually physically met you girls." He smirked. "The other part of the reason will have to wait, though I'm sure knowing even this much will probably soothe her anxieties."

Just then, Spike returned, carrying a platter upon which was carefully balanced a set of three coffee mugs. "These were all they had," he explained apologetically.

"It's fine, Spike." Twilight grasped the platter in her magenta glow and set it carefully down on the table. "Since we didn't foresee you needing lunch, would you like to share our tea?" she asked Jason.

"Sure, and thank you. I'd love a cup." Jason waited as Spike filled each of their mugs from the thermos, then took a sip. "Oh, chai!" he exclaimed. "This is one of my favorites! Thank you both!" he cried, then took a long pull from the mug. "Mmmmm...!!" Jason gave a satisfied moan as he swallowed. "It's been quite a while since I've had any of this."

"So, you've had it before?" Twilight asked. "We ordered this from a catalog published in Manehattan. 'East Whinndia Trading Company,' I believe... it's a company Princess Luna set up a royal contract with shortly after she resumed her duties as Royal Magistrate over the Night Court. How could you know about it?"

"Simple. Terra has this blend of tea also. Where I live, the recipe's been duplicated by domestic tea companies for sale to the general public." He took a moment to savor the aroma of the steam rising from his mug. "A piece of friendly advice--this goes great with milk." He took another swallow. "This one seems a little more intense than what we get back home, though. Not that I'm complaining, mind you; one of the problems I always thought our world's chai had was that the spices come through more in the scent of the tea than its taste. This is a wonderful change of pace." He settled back onto his stool, stretching. "Anything more you want to know about my capabilities, your Highness?"

"Everything," Twilight said, with the hungry stare of the true bibliophile presented with a library full of encyclopedias, then caught herself. With an embarrassed cough, she amended her statement. "Uh--eventually, that is. Aheh. For now, though, what does the Book have to say about human fonts?"

"There's a particular passage here somewhere..." He flipped through the Bible, eventually locating what he was looking for. "Ah! Here it is! John 4:14: " Jesus answered, 'Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.'"

"Wait," Twilight interrupted. "Jesus? Who's he?"

"The Maker's Son, who sacrificed His life to save the planet's population from the aftereffects of willing cooperation with the Accuser. Why do you ask?"

"Oh! You have a story like that, too?" Twilight's tail lashed in her surprise. "His Name here is Passionfruit." (4)

"I have a feeling that if you dig deep enough, every culture in every dimension there is, ever has been, or ever will be will have a story referring to His actions somehow," Jason answered, smiling. "A preacher my brother likes calls them 'redemptive analogies.' But anyway, the important point for our discussion, your Highness, is the last statement of His I just read you: 'the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.' Remind you of anything?" The human motioned to his midsection with a wink.

"Ah, so that's why. I see. Thank you," Twilight said, smiling back. "But then why is yours the head of a river?"

To her renewed surprise, Jason grinned again. "That," he answered, "is something I've been waiting to share with somecritter since I decided to come to this dimension. Let me show you something else the Maker's Son has said." He flipped forward a few pages, then read:

"On the last and greatest day of the festival, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, 'Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.' By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive."

"'The Spirit'?" Twilight echoed. "Which spirit?"

"The Spirit of the Maker, the One responsible for acting to create both our worlds, and--I suspect--all the others too, back at the very beginning. Wh--" Jason had been about to complete his statement with the question "Why do you ask," but was interrupted as Twilight's jaw dropped.

"You're kidding me, right? You have to be kidding," she breathed. "That would mean--" Her voice dropped to a whisper so quiet it rivaled Fluttershy's the day the two had met. "Harmony lives inside you?! Personally?! Wow...!"

"So you call Him Harmony here, huh? That's really interesting, especially if it means what I think it means," Jason mused. "The implications are staggering." He frowned suddenly. "Why the shocked face?" he asked, concerned, for Twilight seemed one or two hoofsteps away from falling into a bow the likes of which she usually reserved for Celestia. "Are you all right? If you're thinking what it looks like you're thinking, Twilight, quit it! I'm not that special, I'm just someone who's here to help! The power doesn't originate from me, it's from the Maker! That's why it's called a gift. But He's the Giver."

His sudden sharp tone shocked Twilight out of her near-worshipful daze. "Sorry! It's just... you have to understand the position Harmony holds in pony culture. We owe everything good about ponies to Her. Some scholars have even theorized that if it weren't for Her, the three tribes would never have been able to put aside their differences, and Equinus Sapiens would have perished from the face of the planet thanks to the Windigos' ice magic." She reeled dizzily in her seat. "And to find somecritter blessed enough to have Her living inside them...! It's just so overwhelming!"

"It doesn't need to be," Jason replied. "You could have the same blessing, if you want. All your friends can, too. As a matter of fact," he continued, his voice growing somewhat grim, "in order to foil Tirek's plans against Equestria--and maybe the rest of Equis too, in this timeline--for all I know, you might just have to...!" He hesitated for a moment.

"That should be a discussion topic for another day, I think. Next, though, there's this." He reached out and tapped the tip of Twilight's horn with his index finger. "If I recall what I've seen correctly, the horn tip is the point where unicorns and alicorns release the energy of their fonts into the environment as a cast spell. Humans--the ones like me and others with this particular gift from Harmony, anyway--release ours like this." He bowed his head for a moment, focusing, then stretched out his hand. It began to glow the same blue as his eyes. "It never glowed visibly before I came to Equus," Jason mused. "But I could feel some strange sensation in it that let me know the Maker's own capability was flowing through me. I still feel that same sensation right now, only it's also manifesting as light the same color as my irises. From what I've seen, this is normal for Equestria. Am I anywhere close?"

Twilight nodded. "That's about baseline for everypony except Celestia. Hers--logically enough, now that I think about it--is the color of sunshine: yellow or gold."

"Thank you for agreeing to these discussions, Princess Twilight," Jason said. "Now that you've seen why we humans need the Bible, I have a favor to ask. Can I borrow this while I'm here? My font needs this as much as ponies or other creatures need food or water, and before you brought it to me, the last time I'd read it was before I arrived here." He stared at the purple princess with what Twilight interpreted as a hungry look.

"If it's that important, of course you can," Twilight covered Jason's oddly bare hand with her hoof. "I know what it's like for us ponies if we don't have our basic needs met.... My sister-in-law almost died from maintaining a shield over the Crystal Empire with no sleep and minimal food last year! We certainly can't afford to have that happen to anyone else, so you certainly may borrow it for as long as you need it. Just leave it on the return shelf back at Books and Branches before you leave Equestria, okay? We'll put it back in the Restricted section later ourselves. Spike, make a note of that, would you?"

"Look on the return shelf for it later, gotcha, Twilight," said Spike, writing himself a note on a scrap of papyrus mat he'd pulled from his fanny pack along with the ubiquitous Equestrian quill pen.

"All these parallels... it's absolutely fascinating," Twilight said, her eyes gleaming with eagerness. "I wonder if Equestria's own libraries might hold more information about this." She turned sharply to Spike, who covered his head with his arms. "You know what this means, right, Spike?"

"Oh, boy..." Spike's voice came through muffled because of his arms shielding his face, but Jason and Twilight were both able to hear him say, "Here we go again..."

"RESEARCH!" Twilight cried gleefully, then noticed Jason stagger backward, throwing out his hand reflexively to catch himself. Because it was the hand he'd lit with his magic before, however, a beanbag chair appeared behind him. He fell into it with a soft whumph. Only then did Twilight realize that in her eagerness, she'd accidentally shouted her last word in the Royal Canterlot Voice. She grinned sheepishly. "Sorry, Jason... still getting used to some of this."

"It's O.K., Princess--just be more careful next time, all right?" Awkwardly, Jason rolled to his knees out of the beanbag, then gripped the edge of the table to haul himself to his feet. He dusted himself off as Spike lowered his arms out of his defense posture and spoke.

"Where did you want to start looking for more about this, Twilight?"

"Well, home's closest, the Castle of the Royal Sisters is next, and Canterlot is farthest away... why don't we do it like that?"

"Okay--but shouldn't we write to Princesses Celestia and Luna to tell them what's been going on? The Castles' libraries do belong to them, after all..." Spike said. Jason nodded at this.

"Good idea. I've been wanting to formally introduce myself to the eight of you, so I could ask the Equestrian Crown for an official favor. Plus, the reputation of Princess Celestia's diplomatic refreshments table precedes her even across dimensions." He chuckled. "Come back and let me know what you decide! Oh, wait--one last thing." He picked up the Bible and leafed through its pages again. "Another basic key to the kind of power the Maker gives us is praise of Him. Praise looses His presence into the scene of our needs. This is one you folks should already know better than the backs of your forehooves, from what I've seen..." He stopped turning pages and read the passage he'd been searching for out loud. "'Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.'"(5) He looked up and grinned at Twilight and Spike. "The overflow moment, heartsong, crowd song, whatever you want to call it, I suspect, fits that requirement quite nicely."

"Probably," Twilight returned Jason's smile. "One thing we do know, being native Equestrians, is that the Maker loves music. Why else would there be so much of it going on?" She gathered up the sandwich wrappers, gem crumbs, and other trash and garbage from her and Spike's side of the table in her magic, levitating it all back into their picnic basket. "Excuse me for a moment," Twilight said, stepping out into the hall to look around for a trashcan. She searched in vain for about five minutes--What kind of public building worth its oats doesn't have waste receptacles in plain view every ten hooves? she thought to herself in exasperation--before finally spotting one at the end of the hallway. Growling to herself, she stomped down to dispose of the remains of their picnic lunch, noticing a confused-looking earth pony deputy carrying Jason's tray in the same direction. He turned to Twilight. "Uh, your Highness?"

"Yes, what is it, Deputy?"

"The prisoner requested that I give these to you, for some reason," he told her, hoofing over a small bag. "He said you and Princesses Apple and Pie would know what to do with them..."

Grasping the paper bag in her TK field, Twilight opened it to reveal the orange and apple seeds from Jason's lunch. She gave a small laugh. "Uh, yes, thank you, Deputy, I think they'll know exactly what to do with them."

Nodding to her in a respectful farewell gesture, the deputy left the hallway, presumably to continue his rounds. Shaking her head, amused, Twilight opened her saddlebag and carefully lowered the bag of seeds inside. He must not know we already have plenty of these... maybe they'll make him a nice release-day gift if he wants to start a garden in the library's backyard, she thought. Although I don't know if even the Neighponese earth ponies would know how to miniaturize fruit trees. She finished disposing of the picnic trash, then took a deep breath and teleported back to the doorway of the interrogation room, walking back in to find Jason and Spike seated opposite each other playing tic-tac-toe.

"Sixteen games to four?!" Man, either you suck at this game or I'm having my luckiest day ever," Spike cried out, boggling at Jason's apparent lack of skill.

"Maybe you're too unpredictable for me," Jason shot back, laughing. "It's OK. Cheating, I think, is one of the things the Maker definitely does not condone, so you don't need to be worried whether we discussed this beforehand." He turned, hearing Twilight's hoofsteps in the doorway. "Princess! Have you come back for more discussion?"

"Sadly, no," Twilight replied. "We need to get back home. Spike and I have letters to write. If everything works out, we'll see you in another couple of days--hopefully with a reply from Celestia and Luna in hoof."

"Okay. See you later, then. Have a safe trip!" Jason stood and waved goodbye as they left, a deputy quickly passing the alicorn and dragon in the hallway on his way to escort Jason back to Cell 3A.

Author's Note:

(1) At this point, no one but RealityCheck knows whether players of the Draconequus version of "King of the Hill" :rainbowwild: would get a second try or not.

(2) Detailed in the (sadly, so far unfinished) story The Word Became Ponified, by Arthemis the Swordsman.

(3) My updated nickname (like "Area 51" on Earth) for that cavern system in Mount Canterhorn where Celestia and Luna's "human tech R & D group" has its headquarters, as RealityCheck detailed here.

(4) No relation to either of these two users here on FIMFiction. This, by coincidence, was a pony name a friend of mine came up with for the Son of God a few years ago during a discussion over on RealityCheck's own website.

(5) Ephesians 5:18-20, for those who are interested or curious.

Enjoy! :twilightsmile: