• Published 8th Dec 2013
  • 376 Views, 2 Comments

The Celestial Lands: Book 1 - LunarLife



When tensions grow between the celestial sisters, they are forced to break. Stormlight was a Lunar Republic general, sent to Ponyville to gain it to the republic. But in the midst of his adventures, all out war begins, and more than 1 evil awakes.

  • ...
 2
 376

Chapter 3: A New Home

They surrounded him. Countless numbers of them. Restless, undying, unforgiving, and never sleeping. He would decapitate them, stab them in the chest, cut off every limb and still, they lived. They were also faceless, with dark specks of light where their faces should be. He wanted nothing to do with it, but he wasn't in control. He was a monster, and forever would be...


"Hey! Wake up man, your scaring the ponies here!" Storm jolted upright, drenched in sweat, on the small space he had in the train car. A dark grey pegasus pony stallion with a deep sapphire blue mane was shaking him violently. "Dude, what was going on?" He asked, a look of small concern on his face, along with the other ponies in the car. Storm stuttered for a second before calming himself down, realizing it was only a dream, no, a nightmare. He looked around at the ponies in the car.

"Ugh, I'm not quite sure..." Storm replied, "I guess I was just having a bad dream." Storm shuffled around trying to find a comfortable spot in the small car.

"Looked to be a pretty bad one at that." The rest of the car was silent, probably from Storm's ghostly presence. Most Ponies were bright and sunshine, whereas Storm, as somewhat implied in his name, was not all sunshine and bubblegum. Not saying he was never happy or excited, just his casual mood was like that, and his dull colors probably didn't help. Nothing happened for about another hour, until Storm was looking out the window and noticed a sign that said: "Welcome To Ponyville! Three Miles Ahead."

"Looks like I'm getting off soon, this next stop is mine," Storm called out towards the car, which wasn't paying attention.

"Your going to Ponyville? So am I!" The grey Pegasus replied towards Storm. He punched Storm in the shoulder playfully. Storm turned back around. "Name's Silver Rain. You?"

"I'm Stormlight. Nice to meet you. So, what're you going to Ponyville for?"

"Ah well, as I eventually grew up, my parents forced me out of the house. I really enjoy exploring, so its no problem for me. I just heard that Ponyville was a nice place to settle down, so I decided, why not?" He gleefully smiled. :So, why are you headed to Ponyville?" Storm's mind broke for a second before he realized what was happening and jutted out,

"Me? Oh, I, uh," I can't just give away my mission "just got tired of Canterlot. It's really noisy there, and ponies are not as friendly." He waved a hoof in the air, yawning. "So, I kinda just left everything behind and hopped on the first train. The fact that it's hanging off the side of a mountain was another factor too," he pointed out. A voice suddenly cut off the conversation. It was coming from a speaker, so it must have been the conductor or something. He stated that they were only five minutes from the station.

~~***~~

The train finally pulled up to the station in what seemed like more than five minutes, but Storm had probably just lost his sense of time. After all, there is a time change from Canterlot to Ponyville. The conductor waved off to the station manager and started the engine up as the train chugged off. Storm gulped as he looked towards the town, with it's lights flickering in the windows. Silver leaned a hoof on Storm's shoulder as he too looked at the happy little town, "Well, welcome to our new home town. Come on!" Silver called back, heading down the stairs. Storm took another look at the town.

"Whelp, looks like I may be here for a while," He murmured to himself.

Off at the far end of the station, a pony under a brown hooded duster leaned against a column, watching the two stallions. As they made their leave, the hooded pony flared up his horn and teleported to Celestia knows where.

Author's Note:

Holy Crap! This took way too long to write! I'm gonna be writing shorter chapters, but it'll mean that I can post them faster. After finals in two weeks, I should have a lot more time. Anyway, I started adding people's characters.

OCs:

Silver Rain: Jcn840

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment