• Published 29th Nov 2013
  • 405 Views, 6 Comments

The Pony Games - Doctor269



Welcome to this years 27th Pony Games. We have picked 24 contestants to fight to the death. And only one may win.

  • ...
11
 6
 405

Training

After the Chariot ride, Rainbow Dash tried to find a good place to start training. Most of the previous Victors, who would normally be acting as coaches in such an event as this, had disappeared. There was a small rebellion about two years before, that caused all of the previous Victors to be affected. The newest and youngest of the Victors was not a Victor when this happened, and she could barely speak English. Those games were traumatizing, even for the Capitol to watch.

Rainbow Dash eventually found the station about javelin throwing. This would obviously be something important in the near future, when the games actually started. She hit it off with the other ponies at the station. There was one named Shining Armor, he was good enough at javelin throwing, but he wasn’t as good as Rainbow Dash, who hit her mark every time. That was impressive, considering the fact that ponies can only throw javelins with their mouths. Shining Armor later introduced her to Tena Nightingale, the filly from his district. She was even taller than he was, and extremely buff. With Tena was a filly named Rarity, from District 1, and Big Macintosh.

There was something about the five of them that clicked. Rainbow Dash knew that they would form the careers.

While the careers trained and toiled at violent practices, Applejack tried to search for a good place to practice. And maybe make some friends on the way. She went to the trap setting area, there were about three other ponies there. One of them was just a little filly, probably only 12 years old. Her name was Scootaloo, and she said that she managed to trick the Capitol into thinking she was a boy. How weird was that? Scootaloo would not be her teammate.

She looked to her right to find an older colt, probably 19. His name was Doctor Whooves, and he was from District 12. He seemed kind of out of it though, so Applejack knew he wouldn’t be a good friend either. She then saw the boy from her district.

Dainty Almond. His eyes shone brightly, as he watched the trainer show him how to tie the right knots in order to set a trap. She looked at him, and it took him a while to realize she was staring at him. He turned around, and noticed her. He nodded his head to the right, signaling that they should go.

“Hey,” Dainty Almond started, “You wanna be on my team?”

“Sure,” Applejack looked at him with confidence, “I guess I need a teammate anyways.” She still didn’t trust this mystery pony very much. He seemed friendly, but there was something he was hiding. Something dangerous.

“So, what’s the game plan?” Dainty Almond asked, “You seem to be thinking about something.”

“Hmm,” Applejack said, “You go and… work on some sword fighting, and I will go and learn about… Ooo! A rock-climbing station! I’ll go there! Then we can teach each other what we learned after training.”

“Sounds like a pretty good plan,” Dainty Almond ran towards the sword fighting section without second thoughts.

As Applejack practiced her rock-climbing skills, she looked over at a small window, where there was a pony of brilliant white fur looking through it. It was President Celestia, and she was staring right at Doctor Whooves, still sitting at the trap setting station. He was completely unaware of the eyes watching his every move. Applejack knew the look on her face; it was malice.

Author's Note:

Sorry that this chapter was so short. They will get longer I swear. Hope you enjoyed it, and if there's anything you saw that was inaccurate, or if you saw any bad grammar, please comment and correct me so that I can make the story better. Thanks, and have a nice day! :D

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment