• Published 29th Dec 2013
  • 3,998 Views, 131 Comments

The Mechanic - Clintr



Torrent Braddock, a mechanic ends up in Equestria.

  • ...
21
 131
 3,998

Question and Answer

Twilight's Library/House

"I CAN'T BELIEVE THE PRINCESSES PUT YOU MY CHARGE!!!" exclaimed Twilight as she hopped around me.

"Shocker." I dully replied.

Flashback a few hours before

"Wait, what did you just say?" I questioned Celestia.

"I said you will be taking residents in Ponyville with Twilight"Celestia answered.

"REALLY PRINCESS!?!?!" said Twilight acting a happy schoolgirl.

"Don't I get a say in this." I objected.

"Given the current situation that you are in, do you think it would be wise in considering second thoughts." Luna said.

"I guess not." I answered.

"Then it's settled, we will inform the Mayor of Ponyville about your arrival soon after you get acquainted with Twilight. I officially welcome you to Equestria Torrent James Braddock." Celestia said.

"I appreciate the formality Princess Celestia, but "Torrent" will be just fine."

"As you wish."

With that Celestia lit up her horn, and then within a bright flash of light we were in what seems to be Twilight's house.

Present

Luna did bring up a valid point, with me being this new world I never really thought of where I was going to stay. I gotta say, it was very generous of the Princesses giving me a place to stay. But Twilight seems to be enjoying this even more than I am.

"Excuse me." I said snapping Twilight out of her happiness.

"Oh, right..." she said with slight blush of embarrassment. "Shall I start with some questions about you?" she asked.

"Some question & answers huh? Alright fire away."

With that, her horn glowed, levitating a quill and scroll in front of her, she then signaled me to sit down on a stool, which I did.

She then started asking.

"What is your full name?"

"Torrent James Braddock."

"When's your birthday?"

"July 5th."

"Do you have any hobbies?"

"I have a lot of hobbies."

"Name a few."

"Building and making Blueprints."

"Can you tell me more about you kind?"

"Geez where to even begin... well, humans or Homo-sapiens for a scientific term are related to the primate family, but that began to change when the humans began to evolve. During the prehistoric time's humans during that era were called cave people, they had to use their brains to scavenge any resources that they can get their hands on, they then use the resources to build weapons for hunting then they invented fire. I wasn't so long when the human brain began to develop even further, then humans then left the old lives of living cave then soon began to make small huts and tents, which soon let to making villages. Villages became small communities and small communities became town... bigger if the not same size as yours. And on a side note: as the brain began to evolve, so did technology, humans began to build cars, airplanes, we even made advance medicine that practically cure any types of disease. And even considering of all we've accomplished all those years ego some humans tend to be stubborn and want to increase the technological prowess to lord knows where and so on and so forth.”

“Wow...” is all Twilight could say.

“You can say that again, but unfortunately humans take it for granted."

"What do you mean?"

"With technology advancing, it will make people think even the most smallest of task could be a chore."

"So it can be a good or bad thing?"

"It all depends on how the user uses it, technology aside do you have anymore questions for me."

"I have one more..."

"What is it?"

"Tell me about your family."

I got an uneasy feeling within the pit of my gut by that question, Twilight soon then realized it.

"I-I apologize I didn't know that would be a very personal."

I took a deep breath, "Don't apologize it's not your fault."

Twilight looked at me with concern.

I then smiled. "Hey, hey there's not need to be depress."

Twilight's ears perked up then she smiled, "Your right, hey I got an idea how about I give a tour of Ponyville?"

"I don't see why not? Sure I'm game."

"Great! Let's go!!" Twilight exclaimed as she went out the door.

i soon then followed after her. 'I think she's a little to excited.'

Author's Note:

I know that this chapter is a tad short and rushed but I'm saving the big within the next one or two chapter(s) for the tour of Ponyville.