• Published 21st Nov 2013
  • 8,843 Views, 1,275 Comments

My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic: Stallion Edition - SuperPinkBrony12



A fic where show canon stallions become the Elements of Harmony bearers. Shining Armor is sent to Ponyville per the request of Princess Celestia, and is tasked with making friends. This changes Shining Armor's life forever.

  • ...
32
 1,275
 8,843

Chapters Next
Chapter 1: The Tale of Nightmare Moon

Once upon a time, in the magical land of Equestria. There existed two royal sisters, princesses if you will, that ruled together in a state of peace and prosperity.

To do this, the elder sister used her magic to bring forth the sun each morning, and lower it every night. The younger did the same with the moon. In doing this the two sisters created a system of harmony and balance, between the forces of light and darkness.

But, as time went on things changed. Despite the many things she and her sister had done for the land the younger sister began to grow jealous. For she saw how, at least to her, most ponies laughed and played in the daytime her elder sister brought forth. But shunned and slept through her beautiful night.

Then, one faithful day, the younger sister refused to lower the moon to make way for the rising sun. The elder sister attempted to plead with her, but evil forces had worked their way into the younger sister's heart. Transforming her into a wicked mare of darkness, Nightmare Moon!

Nightmare Moon vowed to plunge all of Equestria into eternal nightime until her subjects appreciated the night, or until they were starved into submission. Reluctantly the elder sister was forced to turn to the very artifacts that she and her sister had used to defeat many great evils, the Elements of Harmony. Yet even as she weilded them the elder sister knew she could not defeat Nightare Moon. Instead she channeled their magic and sealed Nightmare Moon, her sister, into the face of the moon.

She then took up the responsibility of raising both the sun and the moon, for all of eternity.

"That's quite a story Twily." a white unicorn stallion said. His name was Shining Armor and he was the youngest and newest member of Equestria's royal guard.

"It is quite fascinating." replied a lavender unicorn mare. Her name was Twilight Sparkle and she and Shining Armor were siblings. "But"

"But what Twily?" Shining Armor asked.

"It's just, I know I've read about the Elements of Harmony before somewhere. I just can't remember where." Twilight explained, racking her brain to see if she could find the answer.

"Perhaps I can help you." Shining Armor said.

"Well I don't even know where to start." Twilight said "I can't even remember what the name of the book is that mentioned the Elements of Harmony."

"I think I may have what you're looking for." a voice called out, it belonged to a small purple dragon with green scales. "The book is called Pony Myths and Legends."

"Really? Can you bring it here Spike?" Twilight asked.

"Sure thing." Spike said, ever since Twilight had hatched him he had been living with her. First as just her baby dragon, and then when he was old enough her assistant.

"Thanks for your help." Shining Armor said as Spike placed the book onto a nearby desk. He and Twilight then began to skim through the book.

"Ah ha! Here we go!" Twilight said, she proceeded to read outloud "'Elements of Harmony'! See 'Mare in The Moon'?"

"But that's just an old pony's tale." Spike said, somewhat confused, as he went about his usual duties as Twilight's assistant.

"Well let's see what the book has to say." Twilight said. Using her magic she flipped through the pages, stopping on the one that listed Nightmare Moon. Then she read aloud "'Mare in The Moon'. The story of an evil princess defeated by Celestia with the Elements of Harmony and banished in the moon. Legend has it on the longest day of the thousandth year the stars will aid in her escape, and she will bring about nightime ever lasting." Twilight and Shining Armor gasped. "Do you know what this means B.B.B.F.F.?!" Twilight asked.

"If this book is right then we've got a big problem on our hooves!" Shining Armor said "We've got to do something!"

"Spike take a letter please!" Twilight called out "And be quick about it!"

"Just give me a minute." Spike said "I'm almost done stacking these books."

"There's no time for that Spike!" Twilight said "We have to warn Princess Celestia A.S.A.P.!"

"What does that mean?" Spike asked.

"That stands for as soon as possible." Twilight explained "And tomorrow's the 1000th Summer Sun Celebration! That's the longest day of the year!"

"So?" Spike asked, he didn't really see what the big deal was.

"If the legend is true then Nightmare Moon will escape and bring about unending night." Twilight explained "If that happens all of Equestria is done for!"

"Well I can try to send Princess Celestia a message." Spike said "But she's very busy preparing for the Summer Sun Celebration. She may not have time to read your letter."

"But I'm her faithful student." Twilight said "She has to listen to me."

Then Shining Armor got an idea. "You stay here Twily and focus on your studies. I'll deliver the message to Princess Celestia personally. After all as a member of the royal guard I tend to see her on a daily basis. I'll have a much better chance of making sure she receives the warning." He said.

"Are you sure about that?" Twilight asked "No offense but you're not exactly the highest ranking member of the royal guard. You're lucky to even hold the rank of lieutenant considering how long you've been with them."

"That doesn't matter!" Shining Armor said, he then pointed to his flank where a blue shield was surrounded by three lighter blue stars. The shield itself carried the same magenta six-point star as Twilight's cutie mark "Do you see this? I got this cutie mark and joined the royal guard because I believed in helping others no matter what. I'm not going to let something like rank keep me from doing just that. And if the message is really that important then rank shouldn't matter."

"I guess there's no convincing you otherwise is there?" Twilight asked. Shining Armor shook his head. "Well then I wish you the best of luck."

"Thanks Twily." Shining Armor said "I'm sure this is nothing, but better safe then sorry." And with that he set off.

"Good luck bro." Spike said.

Author's Note:

First and foremost this idea is in no way related to an idea suggested by Defender 2222. The idea for this story existed long before he ever created "Crisis of Infinite Twilights".

Second this is a stallion mane six fic, but it will not, I repeat not, be a rule 63 version. The stallions used will be stallions that already exist in the canon of FiM.

Now that we have that out of the way enjoy! And if you like this enough I can make this into a series.

Chapters Next