• Published 30th Dec 2013
  • 3,071 Views, 19 Comments

Shyoshock - SirTreeofarbor



The Songbird has wandered for a long time. His programming telling him to crush any life-form that gets between him and his goal. However what is his goal? He can't remember. Fortunately there is one pony that really likes birds.

  • ...
1
 19
 3,071

What am I?

Fluttershy slowly awoke from her sleep and began to fly with a yawn landing in her yard and feeling her joints ache, her back hurt from sleeping on the metal covered chest of the large Bird before her, and she felt rather stiff.....She felt her vision burr lightly as she really looked at the strong creature before her, absorbing the sight as it's metal clad chest rose and fell with it's mechanically controlled breath. But her vision suddenly cleared, as Fluttershy shook her head.

But she could not shake her questions away about what she was looking at.

I wonder what it is exactly? I have never seen such a creature.... It makes me uneasy in a way. It seems more machine than .... well bird yet it feels pain... that is all I need to know, that it is a creature in need of a place to rest. But does it need anything else? Things like this do not just show up, was it looking for something? Fluttershy felt these thoughts run passed her mind, this creature before her was not like any other, and no answers were coming to her right now. Perhaps Discord would know, she could ask him when he came over for tea.

If he did not pass by already, Fluttershy thought as she entered her humble home, then felt a bit of disappointment as she realized that there was a note left in Discord's writing.

Fluttershy, I hope you enjoyed your nap, now consider your choices carefully Oh and don't worry I will be over next week for some tea. Enjoy your tea!- XOXOXOX Discord

Fluttershy felt her brow furrow while reading the odd leader. What did it mean? She did not have any-

Her thoughts about the odd letter were suddenly no longer immediate her concern as a knocking at the door. Fluttershy ran to her door expecting to open it and find her new Bird gentle knocking but instead was greeted by two red maned ponies. They were dressed in brown and behind them a old record player was playing odd sounding music, and in front of them was a tray presenting a black cup and a white cup.

Fluttershy would have greeted them right away with a shy "hello" but something caused her to feel like she knew these two very well.... As if there surprise visit was expected to her in some way. Fluttershy expected the music to awaken the bird but that did not seem to happen, it was almost like everything slowed down around her, in fact time seemed like it was no longer even moving in a manner of speaking. As if it did not matter.

"So will you chose the white cup of charming tea?" said the female pony.

"Or perhaps the black cup with the black tea? It is really quite lovely," said the male pony.

Fluttershy felt something odd happen, this felt... familiar, and in a unspoken rule she knew she could not chose both, she could not walk away. These two were simply not going to leave, and neither was she until she made a choice.

Oh I am getting worked up over nothing, it is just a sample of tea, Fluttershy thought but something was off about her mind, as if it was blurring just ever so slightly.

"Oh umm well thank you for presenting these lovely tea samples to me. Are you opening up shop nearby?" Fluttershy said with a smile trying to act kind.

"I do think she will chose the white tea, oh and we are new to this place in a manner of speaking, still not quite used to it," Said the red maned female in a smart tone.

"She is one who is attracted to darkness as well as light, after all look at her new pet. She will chose the black," said the male in a tone much like the female.

Fluttershy shook her head, and removed the odd feelings that she was having. Calm down Fluttershy don't be rude, your just being shy.

Fluttershy decided to make a choice quickly she needed to get rid of these two, and it would be rube to refuse the offer before her. So reaching out without truly think Fluttershy grabbed the black cup.

"Thank you that is very kind," Fluttershy said in a light and whispering voice.

"Told you," Said the male

The red headed female simply sighed then said, " We start off with a new choice and yet she picked what you suggested, disappointing considering how many coins flipped your way," The female simply sighed again.

Not playing attention to what exactly was happening Fluttershy looked down and took a sip from her cup, it was good black tea, looking up to praise the two ponies before her for the taste of the tea, and perhaps ask for their names Fluttershy was shocked to see no one was at her door anymore, the only sign that any-pony had offered her tea being the warm black cup in her hoofs.

Turning around Fluttershy simply took another sip of the drink. Only for her nose to lightly start bleeding, and her vision to blur once again.

Perhaps she could rest a bit more for now.


The Song Bird was slowly walking thur his mind. Shadows of the past, a girl that he was protecting, a man taking everything away. A man making him into what he was now. Each memory leaped and jumped and bit and was trying to kill him, just as the monsters from Tartus did, he was fighting them. The pain they caused was something that he could not bear.

Suddenly a girl walked up to him, and touched him, allowed him to breathe, and her touch was the most painful of all.

For the first time in a very long time the Songbird felt a painful human thought enter his skull.

What am I?

He suddenly awoke from his rest, the burning of his mind was incredible as years of imprinting and chemicals fought to control his thoughts. Rain was beginning to fall around him as he screeched, the clouds seemed to sake and move slightly as the sounds rang out from his modified vocal cords.

He was screaming the first sentence a human or pony could understand in a long time,"What am I?" Was asked in a broken, hard to understand guttural voice.

But at least it was a voice.

He now had a voice.