• Published 30th Dec 2013
  • 3,071 Views, 19 Comments

Shyoshock - SirTreeofarbor



The Songbird has wandered for a long time. His programming telling him to crush any life-form that gets between him and his goal. However what is his goal? He can't remember. Fortunately there is one pony that really likes birds.

  • ...
1
 19
 3,071

The Bird of Darkness

He had been wandering for a long time, a very long time, for longer than anyone would wish to wander in this... world? Whatever it was it did not matter he had to get out. Creatures of this place where made of darkness, but they were crushed beneath his claws. Unable to stop his advance the glowing eyes slowing moving ford, unable to see anything aside from what was revealed by the weak glow from his eyes.

The Songbird was looking, for what he did not know. He remembered nothing, only that he had been betrayed somehow... and that he should not be here. That there was something he was suppose to protect, and he remembered what it felt like to fly, or at least that he felt good doing it, how despite the fact his programming fought his urge feel free that he would feel it for a brief moment before the delicate state of mind was crushed as chemicals entered his brain drowning them. Sadly he had to walk, the risk of flying into something was to great in such a dark place.

The Songbird knew he had changed in this dark place, only a numb feeling of despair was felt as he crushed and torn and broke creatures. He had forgotten what the sun looked like, only that it was something he wished to find again, just like his purpose. It hurt him somehow, knowing he had lost... everything.

He paused for a moment as he was broke from his thoughts for the first time in ages his eyes seeing the first thing in a long while that was not trying to kill him. A large set of gates with what appeared to be runes and symbols. He reached out and touched despite not being to feel much passed the heavy gloves that covered his hands. Light was just slightly viable in the crack of the heavy stone doors before him, and the Songbird closed his hands forming a large fist. The force of the punch was enough to crack the stone doors, and the machine like muscles of the Songbird did not tire the fist positioning and smashing into the stone gates repeatedly so desperate to remove himself from the darkness, not even noted that his hand began to run with dark unnatural blood. He was rewarded with his efforts when the large ancient doors crashed open revealing a moonlit valley before him, as well as a large three headed dog that seemed fearful of the Songbird, he simply ran away, sensing that the Songbird was more powerful than any foe that had come from Tartarus, and the Songbird walked from Tartarus alone, the dark creatures now made extinct by a single being.

Looking up he began to Screech he felt his hopes soar for eh first time in ages his hands grabbed the handles that controlled his wings and with a movement he flew over the new world before him, a world that he was now a member of. His joy was being fought by old chemicals in his mind, programming that told the Songbird to look for a person long lost in his memory.

Suddenly he felt wary, now that he was out of the dark hell that held him for so long he felt a strong urge to sleep, and a desire to relax. Of course the programmed parts of his mind fought against this, screamed that he should search endlessly, but those now weakened thoughts were not able to fight off the strong need to rest that he felt. Landing in a clearing of the green forest with a thud the Songbird wrapped himself in his wings and with his head looking down be began to sleep for the first time in what might have been centuries.

------

Fluttershy was having a wonderful time, her chorus of birds was filling the forest with sounds of tweeting and twating that attracted many creatures, all of which relaxed and enjoyed the tune played by the well trained birds before Fluttershy.

There was a sudden change in the air as every animal near Fluttershy vanished, so sudden was the change that Fluttershy not realizing the tune had stopped continued humming to herself as a large creature landed right behind her, covering her in it's shadow.

Fluttershy felt dread as she began to turn around and stared upon the dark creature and was transfixed by the glow of the eyes, it a... bird? Fluttershy felt herself wonder, her thoughts suddenly being ripped apart as the Creature released four harsh notes, causing Fluttershy to bring her hooves to her ears. Then it nudged her, and she jumped.

"Oh, umm hi.... ummm My name is Fluttershy," She said in a whisper.

Then the four same notes began to play over, again, then again and again but in a softer manner, and Fluttershy realized how dead it sounded. How hopeless it sounded, and she of course had no idea why.

"Are you lost... umm Mr. Songbird?" suddenly left Fluttershys lips this time in a louder if shaky voice. She had never heard a animal speck in this manner and found herself at a lose of what it was trying to say.

And the notes stopped and the creature put it's eye to her, it seemed confused, but it nudged her in a gentle manner, then stood upright and still as if it had found what it was looking for.

She had to think that such a creature was kept by someone or something, it was not of the forest... it did not even seem of this world.... There was something sick in the air around it, and then Fluttershy saw it.

A massive wound on the creatures leg was dripping blood, and Fluttershy was instantly shaken from any feeling of fear, gasping at the horrid opening that oozed with blood.

"Oh you poor thing come on lets go back to play home where we can get that nasty thing treated," Fluttershy said while trying to keep calm, she had to keep calm, for if she was not the creature may start to panic.

However Fluttershy realized that as the creature began to walk it felt no pain, and it's eyes began to cast a faint green glow around the forest instead of a yellow one, and Fluttershy felt begin to hum the four notes that she had just heard as she rushed home as Mr. Songbird began to take flight and follow her from up on high.

Soon she was be home, and she would help this poor creature, no matter what.

Author's Note:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoBgTfJT9CM

Well thats how it starts folks. I will dive into what the Songbird is thinking of this pony thingy before him later,consider this the beginning of a connection, between these two now interdimensional creatures.

No I have no idea what I am doing.