• Member Since 24th Mar, 2013
  • offline last seen Jul 7th, 2014

CutieMarkCrusaders


Sweetie Belle is the best pony, and I can think of ten reasons why.

T
Source

There she is. Sweetie Belle is in a bad situation. The life or death kind. Well, actually, just death is more like it. Her life is flashing before her eyes, and a tear rolls down her cheek as she realizes how special she is.
Will she finally get her cutie mark?


I made my cover image from the mlp Pony Creator on Doll Divine.

Chapters (6)
Comments ( 23 )

Your chapters are barely a paragraph or two. Why did you possibly think that was acceptable for a story? It barely qualifies as a 'thought' at that length.

Sorry to be mean, but I cannot actually critique this because there is nothing there.

-Lumino

3479111
that's fine. it's just your opinion. also, that was kind of the point.

3479115

Except ALL of your stories have the same problem. And if this is the first time someone has drawn attention to it, I consider it the fault of the fandom for failing you. It takes time for a reader to get absorbed into a chapter. If your chapters are routinely less the at least one or two thousand words, you are not going to hold attention.

If you wish to improve as a writer, I would advise you to seek some help on how to expand and flesh out you work.

Mean? Perhaps. But I am not going to continue the trend of letting someone who is in desperate need of advice go along thinking everything is fine.

-Lumino

3479132
how about this. the next story i publish will have at least one thousand words per chapter.

3479162

You miss the point. The object here wasn't for you to change your stories to appease me. I am calling attention to a deficiency, changing it or not is your call. If you are happy with what you produce, then write as you wish.

If you want to improve, you should always seek critical reviews. For it is through mistakes that we grow. Anyway, I have said my part. Good day.

-Lumino

3480686

Also...chapters are short.

they're supposed to be.

Don't curse in the comments, please.

3479111 keep talking i dare you, if you think your good enough to say something like that then your wrong, your nothing but scum....dont even think about trying to cover that up with "dont mean to be mean"!

3489091 your story is great i almost cried, like seriously a small tear came out and i was like,"get back in their tear!" and it went away

3494595

It is called critique, my friend. It is the art of noting the failings of a piece so that an author can grow from them. Unfortunately, in such a piece the size limits the ability of me to provide useful feedback, because it is a very small sample of what the writer is really capable of.

The fact that you responded with insults as a first recourse already tells me that I should know what to expect out of a response, but I figured the least I could do was respond to you. If you have further issues with me, please feel free to PM me. This author's comment section is not a place to carry out a personal grudge match.

-Lumino

3494666 oh but you see, that's where your wrong, you see, im not just a person i know this author, and she does not deserve your negative response. Now i understand your a critique but that does not mean you have to be a total jerk about so how about you say things a little differently like, oh say, " hey, did you mean to write your story like this, if not i think you should make your chapters bigger to grab the readers attention, anyway, just trying to help"- that would have been acceptable but no, you had to make that mistake.

3494666>>3494710
I agree about my comment section, but also, she is not just a person who knows me. She knows me better than any living person in the universe. Anywho, I did mean to write my story like this; I was trying something that was new to me. I checked a book out of the library about how to improve as an author and it told me to try new things, so I did. Apparently, this did not work out, so, I'm going back to my style.

P.S. LuminoZero, because of the way you responded to my story makes me know that you are a very good writer. You have a lot to teach. I am sorry for the way I acted before but I was going through a lot at the time.

3583785

We all have a lot to teach. What many of us forget is that as much as you have to teach, there is still plenty to learn. Being inexperienced isn't a problem, we were all there once.

Being good is the problem, because that is when people stop trying to improve. Be happy with what you create, but always strive to correct the deficiencies in it and do better the next time.

-Lumino

3583785 agreed, did you mean to write like a diary al- i mean CMC?

3602276 i knew it! and iiii think its awesome

Login or register to comment