• Published 4th Nov 2013
  • 8,419 Views, 0 Comments

Discord's Adventure - Fictional Fun



An old enemy of Discord, Tyranny is back in Equestria, so Discord must journey to stop him. Will Discord learn the true magic of friendship, or die trying.

  • ...
 0
 8,419

The Cave That Never Was Part 1

This morning, which would have been beautiful to any-pony, was not to Twilight and her friends. The trees blocked most of the sunlight that ponies adored from entering the clearing they had camped out in. Every-pony was grouchy, because the night noises prevented them from any sleep. Twilight was thought to be the worst looking,because while she was sleeping her mind was using magic to keep up a constant barrier around their camp site, though Discord was the most grouchy of all the ponies when he exited his tent he shared with Twilight.

As they ate breakfast their was no conversation, which considering how much Discord usually talked was astounding. "Discord, what is wrong with you dear?" Rarity said in a curious voice, which surprised the ponies around her.

"Nothing is wrong with me at all, I am Discord the spirit of chaos, nothing can bother me." Discord said in a voice that was missing its usual confidence, and playfulness. Rarity, although not being satisfied with this answer, decided that she shouldn't ask any more questions, he was already not in a good mood.

Once breakfast was complete, the journey through the Ever Free Forest continued. There was some idle conversation going on occasionally, but for the most part every-pony was silent. Twilight was limping along in the back, trying to keep her tired mind awake. The rest of the ponies were deep in thought, thinking of what events will unfold in the future. The only one who was talkative was, surprisingly Fluttershy, who was trying to have a conversation with Discord.

As our group moved through the dark trees of the Everfree Forest, where the day was as dark as night, and where the true monsters roamed something unexpected happened. A loud rumble was heard, that sounded like the rage of a god, and the from the ground rose a giant mountain taller then the sky.

Discord scowled, "Looks like Tyranny is not going to make things easy for us." The ponies looked at discord with curious glances until Twilight broke the silence.

"Discord, why did that huge mountain just rise out of the ground?" Discord looked at Twilight and her friends with annoyance before he answered.

" Isn't it obvious, Tyranny knows we are on our way, and it looks like he wants to make our journey harder." Satisfied with Discord's answer everyone approached the mountain, where they found a cave entrance. Then, the wind stopped, and Discord yelled to everyone to duck. Just after he said this a blast of energy shot where the ponies heads used to be, and Tyranny appeared with a holographic look.

"Discord, looks like even without your magic you sill have great senses." Tyranny said with a chuckle. Twilight's horn became a dark magenta as she prepared to attack, but Discord interrupted her spell.

"This is just a message he is sending through his horn, it isn't real." Discord said looking at Tyranny with a hatred that no-pony has ever seen the embodiment of chaos ever have.

"Now, Discord you and your pesky friends are going to play my game." Tyranny had a cruel and sadistic smile on his face as he said this. Then, after a pause for effect he continued, "This is a cave that never was, travel through it and you will reach me and your princess of the night,and as an added bonus once you get out of the cave Discord will get his power back."

"What's the catch, I know there is one, Tyranny." Discord said with annoyance. So this is how Twilight and her friends felt when he made them play his game, he promised himself to never to that to any-pony again.

"There is no catch, my friend, just have fun finding your way through my caverns." After he finished saying this, Tyranny broke into a fit of intimidating laughter, and disappeared.

Every-pony in the group except Twilight and Discord started to panic, until Twilight yelled for them to calm down.

"Girls, I don't like this whole cave game one bit, but like it or not we have to go through it. If we can make it through Discord will get his power back, and he can teleport us the rest of the way so we can get this over with." After a bit of convincing, the group embarked into the cave that never was.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tyranny sat on his magnificent purple throne with a great smile on his face, although this castle was temporary it felt good to be king again. In front of his throne stood an ugly grey stallion, who was the general of his armies of darkness. The general looked at Tyranny and asked something that seemed to have been on his mind for a bit.

"My lord, may I ask why you are going to give Discord back his powers if he gets out of the cave alive." The General know that he shouldn't question the kings decision, but this had been bothering him for a while. Tyranny gave him a sneer before answering.

" If anyone else questioned me they would be dead, but you have always been faithful, so i'll give you a clue. I want Discord to get his powers back because, he could possibly be a great entertainment to me." Tyranny sneer became a smile that was of pure evil. " I maybe the most powerful being, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy a good puppet show." He broke into an evil laugh that could be heard throughout the land.

Author's Note:

Sorry for taking so long to come out with this chapter. I had school and other things to worry about, but now I should be able to release more frequently. I hoped you guy's enjoyed this chapter more then the ones before it, and I'm sorry if you didn't. See you guys next time.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment