• Published 4th Nov 2013
  • 8,418 Views, 0 Comments

Discord's Adventure - Fictional Fun



An old enemy of Discord, Tyranny is back in Equestria, so Discord must journey to stop him. Will Discord learn the true magic of friendship, or die trying.

  • ...
 0
 8,418

The Everfree Forest Conundrum

Discord and his companions appeared at the edge of the Everfree Forest, because he teleported them there from Canterlot Castle. The Everfree Forest was dark and foreboding, The trees and vegetation looked strange, and there was the sounds of strange creatures could be heard. Every-pony started walking, at least all except Discord, because he could teleport all over the place at will. This mass amount of movement around her started to piss off Rarity more then it should have, but she what really made her mad was Discords constant whining about this being boring, and very stupid. After another remark from him she finally went over the edge.

"This Quest could determine wether we live or die, and could possibly be the end of our world, stop being a baby, and become serious" Her whole face had wrinkled up, making her look like a witch, and her left eye was twitching from annoyance.

Discord looked at her with a smile, knowing he got the best of her "Hey at least I don't make a drama out of my whole life, like you do, my dear" Discord let out a laugh, and Rarity looked like she was about to pounce on the spirit of chaos. Before any fighting could break out though, Fluttershy stopped it with a scream.

"Stop fighting now, at least if that's okay with you." She said in a louder then usual tone. "Oh, and Discord stop doing magic right now, and apologize to Rarity." Fluttershy said in a very stern voice.

"Sorry about simply pointing out the obvious, my dear" Discord said to Rarity, but under his breath said "Like I would apologize to you." Discord was about to snap his finger to do something to Rarity, when he realized he couldn't, his magic wasn't working. "My god!" Discord yelled, how could he lose the ability to do his magic.

Twilight looked at him and asked "Are you all right, What's wrong." The other ponies around Discord looked at him, because they had never really heard him lose his cool like this before.

"My magic is gone my dear, absolutely none of my spells work right now." Twilight and her friends looked at him with disbelief, because they didn't seem to believe him.

"Discord that was your worst joke yet, and I thought you were great at making jokes." Pinkie Pie had a real disappointed look in her face, because she had always enjoyed Discords antics.

"I wish that were true Pinkie Pie, but my chaos magic really is gone." He had the most sincere look the ponies had ever seen him have, so twilight decided to back him up this time.

"Girls I think he is telling the truth this time, I can see it in his face,but if Discords lost his powers then we need to find a way to get them back." Discord was surprised that Twilight of all ponies would back him up, so he drifted off into thought for a while.

"Why can't I use my magic in this forest? What is preventing me from doing what I want. I must find a way to fix this" Then an Idea came to him, and he looked directly at Twilight and said "Dear, could you possibly try to use your magic."

Twilight was confused at this "Yeah, but why would you need me to use my magic, what will it prove?"

"Oh, just a little experiment that came up in my mind, just use any spell you want." Discord looked at her with the pleading eyes one might see on a puppy, so she finally gave in to his demand.Twilight's horn grew a very bright purple, and then after a bright flash, Discord had a beautiful flowing mustache on his face. Discord laughed at this for a while, until he realized that it proved his theory correct.

"what's wrong?" Twilight asked with concern seeing his sudden change of mood.

"I just realized the reason why my magic isn't working, want to hear?" He looked at the other ponies like he cared about what they said, and after they nodded their heads continued on. "Twilight Sparkle, you and your friends use the magic of friendship which works at this point, I however have a chaotic magic style in me, which right now dose not work at all, so the problem is the style of magic." The ponies started to make sense of what he had just said, but Twilight being the scientist she is asked a decent question.

"Can't you use your magic for good, isn't that the magic of friendship?" Twilight had a look of passion on her face as she said that because she really was curious.

"No, I cannot use my magic even if the intent is good. You see, magic is based off a train of thought of the user, which in my case since my brain is always thinking of ways to do something chaotic, that is the style I use. You, my dear have a train of thought that has merged with the elements of harmony, so your magic is in the style of friendship. In order to have that style of magic you must have a bond that is a true friendship."

Twilight interrupted him before he could continue on, and was certainly surprised with the amount of intellect he had "Why can't you use the magic of friendship, isn't Fluttershy your friend. Discord smiled before finishing what he was going to say before.

"No I cannot use the magic of friendship, even being friends with Fluttershy I have nit experience all the other elements yet, to put it simply I must befriend all the element, and be true friends with them.

"So you'll have to be friends with us to get your magic back, I guess I could make the effort to help a poor soul who's lost his magic." Rarity said to be nice, but Discord herd the hesitance in her voice.The rest of the elements nodded in agreement with her.

"Girl's It's getting late we should set up camp now, Discord could you please collect fire wood, so we can keep away the creatures of the Everfree.Twilight said this casually, but Discord knew the real reason he was sent out was so Twilight and her friends could discus what to do with him. He decide not to argue though, and went to collect the wood he was tasked with getting.


_________________________________________________________________________________________________


Discord's dream was as colorful and chaotic as it should be, and Discord was having a wonderful time creating chaos all across the land. Discord was just about to change the flow of gravity, but was interrupted by a deep voice.

"Did you miss me Discord, If you even remember who I am." Discord scowled at Tyranny who had appeared right in front of him. Tyranny was a grey colored unicorn with a bright red hair, his cutie mark was a lit bomb with a smile on it's face,and lastly, Tyranny had, Green eyes that were out of place considering the other parts of his body. "Discord why are you doing this what is the point of fighting for friendship, have you grown soft?"

"No, Tyranny, but once I get my magic back I will kick your flank so hard you will wish you never came back to Equestria."Once Discord finished, Tyranny laughed, and Discord's dream ended abruptly.

Author's Note:

Well, I hope you guys liked this chapter, and Im sorry if you didn't. This chapter was mostly plot set up, so the next couple should be a lot more intresting. Good day!